Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for A.M. > Reviews

Browse

A.M.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 77

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A.M. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Radio Flyer Little Red Toy Wagon
Radio Flyer Little Red Toy Wagon
Price: $15.86
30 used & new from $13.01

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality and super cute. Would be a perfect toy with a slightly longer handle., February 20, 2015
This was a gift for my toddler. At 18 months, he was obsessed with it for the first few weeks he owned it. He spent his days filling it up with random things and carting them around the house. He is always right around 50th percentile for height, so perfectly average in comparison to other kids his age. At 18 months, he could pull it by the handle and the front wheels, would just barely begin to come up off the floor. Within three months, the whole front of the wagon lifts several inches off the floor when he tries to pull it. It would make an incredibly adorable vessel for holding baby shower gifts, or perfectly fit (for them to pull, not ride in) most babies who have just started walking. It is heavy solid metal, very well manufactured, and easy to put together. You can adjust the tightness at the attachment point for the front wheels to have them either stay inline with the rear wheels (not turn), or loosen it up again and have the whole front assembly turn from side to side. I did't expect such a solid item, a truly legit Radio Flyer, for such a low price. Beware: If you give this to a toddler, it makes a pretty effective weapon when they get mad and pick it up and start swinging. Still, I'll be buying these for every newly walking infant or toddler I know.

NoTrax T28 SBR Rubber Finger Scrape Entrance Mat, for Wet and Dry Areas, 16" Width x 24" Length x 3/8" Thickness, Black
Price: $16.50
3 used & new from $16.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, go for the Notrax Rubber Brush mat., February 20, 2015
I purchased two of Notrax mats at the same time last year, this 16x24 mat, and the Notrax 345 Rubber Brush Styrene-Butadiene Rubber Entrance Mat, For Construction Traffic Area and Municipal Buildings, 36'' Width x 60'' Length x 5/8" Thickness, Black. This mat is painful to bare feet, the nubs are very short, spaced too far apart, and the mat slips and slides all over the place. I intended to use it on a threshold where carpet meets hardwoods, to reduce the amount of sand tracked in from the garage. Every member of my household loudly protested its presence the first time they stepped on it barefooted, and every time since. I does catch some sand, but all of that sand goes flying everywhere the moment it is touched and the mat shifts or goes flying across the room. The other Notrax mat ( Notrax 345 Rubber Brush) is really great, and has none of the issues we have come across with this version. No matter where, or for what, you intend to use the mat you plan to purchase, I would pass this one by and go for the other Notrax mentioned above.

Samsung Galaxy Tab / Note to Micro USB High Speed Charger Converter / Connector / Adapter (Single Pack)
Offered by PortaPow UK
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Has worked well for two months, would buy again if needed., February 20, 2015
This has worked as expected for the past two months. It feels a bit tight, and is hard to plug in at first, but my son only commented about that for the first few weeks. I like that we no longer have to keep on hand a dedicated charger and cord for his tablet, and can have this in our charging station for use on any one of the other micro USB cables already there for other devices. The convenience it affords, and the low price, make the ridiculously overpriced Samsung replacement chargers a thing of the past. There is now MUCH less anger and frustration over a broken (or puppy chewed) tablet charger in my home.

The Hillman Group 385390 WallDog Self-Drilling Pan Head Phillips 3/16-Inch by 1-1/4-Inch, Chrome
Price: $14.99
7 used & new from $11.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! VERY strong hold and very easy to use., February 20, 2015
These screws are awesome! After repeatedly having baby gates rip out of our drywall, I decided to try these. My almost two year old attempts to climb, and regularly (and furiously) shakes and rattles the very long, metal gates attached with these; not a single one of them has begun to give or loosen at all in the four months they've been in place. I also like that I don't have to drill a big hole in the wall to install one of those winged, folding plastic anchors, since these screws alone work just as well as the huge anchors. Baby gates are temporary, and I'll appreciate the much smaller holes left by these when the time comes to patch them. I highly recommend these to anyone who needs serious hold in standard drywall and doesn't want to deal with the trouble, mess and damage that comes with folding plastic anchors.

Lodge ASHH41 Silicone Hot Handle Holder, Red
Lodge ASHH41 Silicone Hot Handle Holder, Red
Price: $6.01
94 used & new from $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for stove-top cooking, doesn't insulate well enough for transferring hot skillets from oven., February 20, 2015
This is made to easily slide on and off your skillet handles, not fit tightly on any one in particular. It fits loosely, making it easy to place/remove, but any adult with average hand strength and balance should be able to grip it tightly enough to safely use. There are 5 raised ridges on the inside of the top and bottom where the handle sits that help it grip handle. Its insulating properties are pretty limited. I tried to use it to remove an 8in skillet from the oven (heated to 375) today and in about 5 seconds the heat through the silicone sleeve was great enough to make me drop it back on the rack. This is great to use while cooking on the stove-top, when you only need to grip the handle for a few seconds at a time during cooking. You can easily slip it on and off during use and set it aside while not touching the handle. I love that I can very easily clean it after each use by wiping it down or washing it in the sink with my skillet. I also like that I don't have to worry about it catching fire when being used around the stove-top nearly as easily as a towel could. I still have to use a folded dish towel if I wash my skillets while they are very warm or if I am using it in the oven for any reason, but the convenience and ease of cleaning will keep me using this for cooking on the stove.

PUMA Men's Powertech Voltaic SL Running Shoe,Black/Turbulence/PUMA Silver,11 M US

2.0 out of 5 stars Odd fit compared to other Voltaic versions, NOT suitable for running. Sharp look earns two stars., February 20, 2015
These were a gift for my husband. He says that the fit is a bit tighter in the toe box than the version of these sold last year. He runs fairly regularly, and says he could never wear these to run a couple miles. He has average feet in every way and never requires specific attention to arch support or padding for foot strike. The padding is "practically non-existent", and there is "very little" arch support, according to him. Since these are not at all suitable for exercise, he wears them while briefly running errands. They look nice, for athletic shoes, but he says they aren't suitable for even short jogs with his perfectly average, low maintenance feet.

Anker [6-Pack] Premium 1ft Micro USB Cables High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, high quality cables; work great for 2amp devices., February 20, 2015
I bought these to use with the 60W 6-port PowerIQ USB charging hub. I was concerned about how compatible they would be with our cell phones that require 2amps. I did timed tests comparing the stock chargers that accompanied each device, to the performance of the Anker 60W hub and these cables (1ft length) and found that these cables with the Anker charger simultaneously charged an iPhone5, S5, G3, and two tablets just as quickly as, or even more quickly than, the stock chargers. The one foot lengths allow me to avoid a tangled mass of cords and even allow for us to slide each cable back into my homemade charging organizer when not in use. I highly recommend these high quality cables and found the price for the 6-pack to be unbeatable.

Anker 60W/12A 6-Port USB Charger PowerPort 6 for iPhone SE/6/6 Plus, iPad Air 2/Pro/mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S7/S6/S6 edge, Note 5, LG G5 and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simultaneously charges our Iphone 5, S5, G3, and two tablets, very rapidly., February 20, 2015
We have been using this daily for a couple of months now. We charge an iPhone 5S, a Samsung S5, LG G3, Samsung tablet, and a Verizon tablet. I actually ran a few trials upon receipt to test charge times against what the OEM chargers and was pleased to find that even with all 5 devices charging, every device charged as quickly as or faster than they did on their original chargers. I modified a wooden box I had and added hardware to create a charging station for our devices. This product is running, enclosed within the box, 24/7 and does not heat up the interior despite there being no ventilation. I would absolutely recommend this item to anyone who routinely needs to simultaneously charge multiple devices, including cell phones with a higher amperage required for efficiency. I also highly recommend the 6 pack of 1 ft charging cables from Anker as a perfect companion to this device. Six cables could be a mess, but the 1 ft lengths are perfect for preventing this. They also perform as well as-and as quickly as- the stock cables that came with our devices that require two amp chargers..

TOGGLER Toggle TA Hollow-Door Anchor with Screws, Polypropylene, Made in US, 1/8" to 1/4" Grip Range, For #8 to #12 Fastener Sizes (Pack of 5)
Price: $2.78
2 used & new from $2.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, very sturdy (Updated 9 months later), October 9, 2014
These are pretty great. I had tried for months to attach racks (using 3M hooks with adhesive pads) to the interior of closet doors in my house for storage, and whether they were light and empty, or loaded down, every single one fell off the door and to the floor in a matter of days. I finally bought these and my racks have been firmly in place ever since. Any time I ever need to attach anything to a hollow core door again, I will go straight for these anchors. I found during installation that you do need to use exactly the size drill bit listed on the package to drill the holes. I normally go a tiny bit smaller when drilling anything for any reason, just to be safe, but the anchors would; not fit into any hole smaller than exactly the size listed on the bag. I did find that the red peg intended to open the anchor after placement in the door is a bit too flexible sometimes. I found that holding the center of the peg with my fingers and tapping the head of it with a hammer allows anchors placed in difficult spots to open without the peg snapping in half.
UPDATE:
Nine months later everything is still rock solid. Even after my toddler repeatedly tried to pull a rack down, it's perfectly affixed and doesn't budge at all. Not even a tiny bit of wiggle. Continued perfect performance from this product.

Puj Snug - Ultra Soft Spout Cover - Aqua
Puj Snug - Ultra Soft Spout Cover - Aqua
Offered by Simple Distribution
Price: $9.99
12 used & new from $6.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, easy to install, cute, October 9, 2014
Cute, easy to install. I have been a bit careful in handling this since it feels like the seams along the top and bottom could easily tear. I do love that it is one of the only faucet cushions that allows access to the shower control valve (control button thingy). I will continue to use it (over 9 months of use so far) for as long as it survives, or until I no longer have a clumsy toddler that may bang his head on the tub faucet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8