Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Dave > Reviews

Browse

Dave's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave RSS Feed (Cliffside Park, New Jersey USA)

All in the Family:20th Anniversary [VHS]
All in the Family:20th Anniversary [VHS]
Offered by DiscountEntertainment
Price: $0.49
39 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars All in the Family 20th Anniversary Special, April 20, 2001
Whatever I try to write about this show will not credit everyone involved enough to do the show justice but I will do my best. Everytime I see the repeated episodes on Nick at Nite I can remember watching those same repeated shows with my parents in the 80's when I was just a kid. The nostalgic feeling I get is unlike anything I have experienced watching television. The show strikes a nerve in all of us that can't occur watching any other TV program or movie in my opinion. Archie was brilliantly created by Norman Lear and directed as perfectly by Hal Cooper. Jean Stapleton may be one of the best actresses in entertainment history. Her ability to play a character like Edith had to take all her strength and talents because it was done perfectly. Rob Reiner's and Sally Struthers' characters will never be duplicated by any TV couple now and forever. The show's stories were the most powerful messages any sitcom has achieved and will never be achieved again. The rape episode when Edith overcame the situation could have won an emmy on its own for best actress. Another example of this with regard to Edith is when she stood up to Archie about her working at the senior citizen's center. Archie could have won emmies on single episodes many times over. The two we can never forget and must never ever forget is the Christmas episode with Mike's friend who was a draft dodger sharing the dinner table with not only Archie in Archie's house but Archie's friend who lost his son in the war. The performance put forth by Archie in this episode will never be duplicated by any actor in a sitcom again. The other stand out performance has to be the emotional roller-coaster we are put through when we find out Edith has passed on and see Archie express his sadness like no other actor will do more perfectly again on any tv show for the rest of eternity. Their are countless episodes that will never be recreated again. It is not because they are dated like I've seen some comments reflect it is because no one can perform at such a high level like the entire cast and crew did on this show for years. They made us laugh, cry, think, hope, question, philosophize, regret, love, hate, sympathize, and much much more. Most of all they left a mark on our lives like very few people in their position will ever do again throughout the course of our life while we and the entire population of the world are alive on this planet. In closing all I can say is: "THOSE WERE THE DAYS."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2015 1:36 PM PDT

The Seventh Sign [VHS]
The Seventh Sign [VHS]
Offered by DMG44
Price: $5.99
61 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Most underrated film I can think of, it is simply awesome!, April 12, 2001
This review is from: The Seventh Sign [VHS] (VHS Tape)
A fantastic film worth watching over and over again. Demi Moore's best performance. Jurgen Prochnow's (David Bannon) performance is remarkable and unmatched. I love Apocalyptic films and this one is up there with The Omen in my opinion. Best quote of the film: David Bannon speaking to Avi: "Remember it all, write it down, tell it; so people will use the chance she has given them." A great last line for any movie. Watch this movie hundreds of times and I guarantee you will never get tired of it. After viewing the film for the first time I suggest that all people take David's advice and stay close to God no matter what your religion is.

Cirque Du Soleil - Alegria [VHS]
Cirque Du Soleil - Alegria [VHS]
Offered by fatcat
Price: $5.00
10 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Film, January 16, 2001
What a magnificent movie. It is a beautiful love story and an intriguing representation of Cirque Du Soleil's message of the actual performance of Alegria. A marvelous ending that is very emotional and is so uplifting that it brings you to tears. It also makes you wish that the world could always work out the way it does in this movie. The portrayal of innocence is very prevalent. It also is a perfect representation of the sacred value of Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria. Please do not go into this movie thinking that you will see a performance of the show, it is not a realistic thing to expect because Cirque Du Soleil has informed me personally that this performance will never be videotaped. The movie is something more intrinsical than a performance although the performance is very powerful in its own right. The acting was excellent and very underrated in my opinion especially in the case of Frank Langella who always has interesting roles, this one was no exception. I loved this movie and will always cherish it. I wish Alegria (happiness) to everyone.