Profile for Mace > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mace RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sea Gull Lighting 94501-71 Three-Light Pendant Rail Kit with Wire Wrap in Antique Bronze Finish

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking! We get many compliments on them, January 6, 2015
Very nice looking! We get many compliments on them. It took about 3-4 hours to install. I used an existing recessed light fixture as my point of power. After removing the recessed light, upgrading the fixture cavity for powering the pendant light rail, then installing the brackets for the rail, we just needed to agree on how far fro the ceiling the lights would hang... the kit gives you enough to hit the floor (almost!). Getting all three of the lights to hang the same distance was a challenge. The cords are very stiff and you try hard to get them all the same distance, but after they hang for a bit and relax, we needed to adjust two of them. The second issue we have been having is that the halogen bulbs have been burning out VERY frequently! It seems the connection points in the bulbs socket are corroding and causing shorting issues (you can hear it fry/crackle a little sometimes!!!). I think I solved this by using bulb grease (dielectric grease used for car signal lights)... it helps protect the parts and resist corrosion. Our lights are not far from the kitchen sink, so I guess moisture/steam can rise into the pendant and cause this issue.

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS 12MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Black)
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS 12MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
67 used & new from $225.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Best Buy for the non-SLR guy!, January 6, 2015
I been using Canon cameras for many years (yup, even before digital! old)... with-out going to an SLR, this is about as good as it gets. My 3rd high zoom camera, and this is my favorite.
My "great to amazing" list: zoom, zoom, zoom, color, picture quality, manual mode features, image stabilization, swivel LCD for those hard to get pics and stereo HD-video!!! Got a few terrabytes of great pictures to show. Also, the video with the stabilized big zoom cant be beat. I film my kids from the start of a ski run to the bottom in full HD, and I don't need to leave the base of the mountain! (if I don't want to ;-)
And now my "Good" list: low light pictures, fast action pictures and ease to make changes in manual mode. To get better low light pictures, you need a bigger lens opening... thus go to SLR, oh well. Fast action or sport pictures are good, if you have enough light. Dark/very cloudy days, inside arenas, etc... not so good, usually a little blurred. If you also use the zoom, the blurry gets amplified proportionately. The manual mode takes a lot of times to figure out. The functions are there, but some are not so easy to get to and change... before your picture opportunity is gone! I would prefer they got rid of the MANY preset picture settings (many are just gimmicks) and just gave me easier manual operation.
I added filters and lens hoods to my camera - great, but the flash gets screwed-up (you will get shadows!). So an external flash is needed if you use those items... and that's why it has a hot shoe!

Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black)
Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black)
Offered by Triplenet Pricing
Price: $26.50
34 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy customer!, January 6, 2015
I use this with a Canon SX50... a good sized camera (just below SLR). It fits nicely in the main compartment. The main compartment has a small pocket in the top, which I store extra SD cards. The side compartments hold spare battery, a cord, an SD card adapter and even the Canon battery charger! Very well made and has lasted a few years already without any issues.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC
Offered by TnsDeals
Price: $11.19
24 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great intertainment!, January 6, 2015
Great game... you can watch a movie for a few hours and be entertained, or star in a movie and be intertained for days. Yes, I said intertained! As the main character of the "sci-fi movie" (game! I know), you decide your actions through the story and switch between first person scenes, third person and movie clips... you will not be bored! The action adventure story has good graphics and I have not encountered any "glitches". I have a decent gaming computer, and am able to run this game at full resolution and notice no frame rate issues. Played it from start to finish twice now, because the paths you take and upgrades you make to your engineered body are not always the same. Recommended to those mature enough to handle a FPS game, with adult language... I did not think the gore factor was very strong (compared to other FPSs).

Photive Original NB-10L Ultra High Capacity Li-ion Battery For Canon G1X, Powershot G15, Powershot G16, PowerShot SX40 HS, Powershot SX50 HS (Canon NB-10L Replacement)
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $11.95
3 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Longterm tested and it works..., January 6, 2015
Been using this for well over a year, and it is as good as the Canon battery that came with the camera! FOR 1/3 the price! Nothing else needs to be said... worth the purchase.

Twisted Veins Three (3) Pack of (3 ft) High Speed HDMI Cables + Right Angle Adapter and Velcro Cable Ties (Latest Version Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return)+a microfiber cloth +a led key chain
Offered by SPN Performance
Price: $8.69
3 used & new from $8.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Price and Quality = 5 stars, January 6, 2015
Priced to crush competition, with quality to keep the customer happy! And they still throw in a 90degree adapter and a few Velcro ties!!! We used them to connect components in my system (short distances). They look great, work as they should and are not too stiff (like a few other cables I have bought) so they transition between my home audio system components, not putting much stress on the ports, very nicely. I will return for more cables!

Gerber 31-001047 Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Pack with Multitool, Flashlight, and Fire Starter
Price: $52.97
143 used & new from $51.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, January 6, 2015
You get a lot of the money. My son is a step from Eagle Scout and we have been loading him up with hiking/camping equipment. He has a basic Swiss Army knife, but really needed one with more tools. Critical for him was a good knife blade (this has an excellent blade!), a saw (a very good saw blade too!), opener (cans and bottles!) and basic tools (pliers, cutter, screw drivers)... all included. The bonus is the fire starter (large and works well!) and decent emergency LED light. The case/holder is tight fitting, so little chance of tools dropping out accidental. The multi-tool has a rubberized finish, which we have found out is very nice when fishing... much better grip! Only complaint so far is the all the tools lock in place and the release is a little tough to engage. In all, a very good price for a good multi-tool! with or with-out the BG branding.

FBK-250 Replacement Fireplace Blower Fan KIT for Lennox, Superior, Rotom HB-RB250
Offered by PayandPack
Price: $62.95

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 star off because of noise, January 6, 2015
Installation was easy. For our Superior gas fireplace, it was plug in a few electrical items, then place the fan housing at the back of the fireplace! I do like the magnetic thermostat turning the fan on only when the fireplace gets hot enough... and stays on for a bit after you turn the fireplace off. We do have a wall switch, but the thermostat is much more convenient. The fan basically sits in the back of the bottom of the fireplace (held in place by tabs in the fireplace frame), and sucks air from the bottom front, and blows it up the back and out the top of the fireplace vents. I have no rattles or issues, and the housing has plenty of stick mounted foam tape for that. BUT BEWARE - Do Not Expect This fan to be silent. It is easily heard over all range of speeds... especially on full power. We leave ours at about 2/3 power and can tolerate the noise. The rush of air over the fan blades seems to be where the noise comes from, and I think the only way to quiet that would be to have a special/custom housing cover the whole fan intake and exhaust (good luck). For the price I paid, easy of installation, ease of operation, and decent performance... I would recommend this product.

Anker® Bluetooth Ultra-Slim (4mm) Aluminum Keyboard for iOS (iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2), Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS with Built-in lithium battery / Aluminum Body T320
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find!, January 6, 2015
It's a small keyboard and matches our Windows Surface perfectly. The keys have a good feel (soft coating) and feedback, so you know what has been entered. The Bluetooth connected quickly with no issues. It is made from aluminum, so it has a very light feel... yet still seems solid. It works great with our Logitec wireless mouse. After charging it, we have been using it for 2 weeks and have yet needed to recharge. Very happy and will be getting another for our other tablet!

Belkin EaseFit Armband Case for Apple iPod touch 4th Generation
Belkin EaseFit Armband Case for Apple iPod touch 4th Generation
5 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Expect tight fit... real tight, November 20, 2014
Too tight for the iPhone 4S... way too tight... I a big strong man.. I cannot get case to fit little iPhone... I not happy with design of cr@ppy case... I gave case away... big waste of my big time... I move on to better designed cases... Happy now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4