Profile for Chris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lava Lite 2118 Classic 14-1/2-Inch 20-Ounce Silver-Based Lava Lamp, Purple Wax/Blue Liquid
Price: $13.49
15 used & new from $13.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted Less Than 100 days!, August 7, 2014
Bought this on April 2014. It stop flowing in August of 2014. Everything about it is cheap. Stay away!

EBL® 808A(Latest Version) 8 Bay/Slot AA AAA Ni-MH Ni-Cd Quick Charger Smart Battery Charger for Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by AIBOCN
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete junk!, July 14, 2014
This charger has one job -- to charge batteries and it can't even manage that.
I have tried Energizer, Duracell. Rayovac and Phillips rechargeable batteries and I have never been able to get a single battery to charge with this "charger."
When I put the batteries in the "charger" the lights all turn red but within a few seconds they turn yellow and then straight to green indicating they are charged. Clearly dead batteries don't charge in under 10 seconds. I've tried ignoring the lights and just leave the batteries in the amount of time the manufacture of each brand recommends and still nothing. The batteries aren't the problem because every single one of them charge with other chargers.

This is by far the worst purchase I have ever made on Amazon. And that includes a razor blade scraper that broke apart in my hands and cut my finger. But at least with that it actually did what it was supposed to do for a few minutes beforehand unlike this "charger."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2014 10:44 PM PDT

Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset
Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset
Offered by Essentialss
Price: $64.99
26 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Headset., July 13, 2014
I've been looking at these for months. I picked up a few pairs of Logitech UE 4000's a few months ago on clearance and was very pleased with both the sound and build quality. So I figured it to be ano brainer to give these a try.
I'm a coder and I spend 10-15 hours a day at my computers. 90% of this time I have my headphones on. Most of that time I not playing anything and when I do it's mainly news and Youtube videos so sound quality isn't on the top of my list for a general purpose headset such as the G230. Comfort is at the top of the list. I also make occasional Skype calls and every once in a while play online games. I'm also trying 'Dragon Naturally Speaking' as all the typing I do, and 20 years of playing guitar, is really starting to take it's toll on my wrists. So I was looking for a decent headset. Nothing fancy just something that was basic.
I was going to get the blue version of these(G430) but in my research I discovered that the only difference, other than color, is those come with a USB sound adapter. If you have a decent sound card then you really don't need that. I have ASUS XONAR DG sound card's in all my computers. They're not fancy(pretty cheap, actually) but they have headphone amps, which is a must for me AND DEFINITELY THESE LOGITECH G2030's -more on that later. So if you have a decent sound card skip the G430's and just buy these. Unless you have other Logitech "G" products and want the fancy picture of your headphones to show up in the "G" program.

Pro's
1. Comfortable - these things are very comfortable for hours at a time. The main headphones I have been using for about a year are Soul SL150's. Those are hands down, far and away the best sounding headphones I've ever owned, at any price, but after a few hours they start to hurt my ears. They also make mt ears sweat. The G230's do neither of those. These completely surround my ears as opposed to the SL150's and UE's that sit on my ears. As far as comfort goes these thing are great.

2. Noise canceling - these clearly aren't noise canceling headphones but believe it or not they do an fair job at canceling both incoming and outgoing noise. But to be honest that's most likely do to the fact that these headphones just aren't very loud.

3. The mic - I read a lot of folks are having issues with the mic. The first thing I did when I got these was go into the mic properties and adjust the settings. I haven't had a single issue. Everyone I've talked to says I sound crystal clear.
I did however have issues with Dragon when I first installed it but that turned out to be a software conflict with either the XONAR DG or the Razer audio software I have installed. I just had to switch between devices in the setup until I got the one that worked.

4. The ear pads - they were a little annoying at first. I have long hair and the material on the pads meeting my hair created a scratching noise for the first few days. But it has since gone away. I didn't think I would like the pads at first but it turns out they are my favorite thing about this headset.

5. Light - I've read a few people say these were heavy and I have to ask compared to what? Ear buds? They weigh a shade over 10 ounces. That's 1 ounce less than the SL150 and they're almost twice the size plus they have a mic. So these things are heavy compared to what?

Okay, now for the cons. Be prepared because I'm about to burst some bubbles. But I'm just being honest.

1. The sound quality is just fine for sub $50 headphones. The problem I have is the drivers in these just don't push the sound like you'd expect. Like I said, I have headphone amps in my computers and I just can't use these things to listen to music. I just can't get them to produce a decent volume. The max volume on these is roughly half that of the SL150's and even the cheap UV's.
For gaming, calls, news and Youtube videos they're tolerable, mainly because it's a pain to switch headphones to watch a 2 minute news video. But for actually listing to music I don't use these. But to be fair I didn't buy them to listen to music. But some folks will and this is a legit con they need to know about.

2. Build quality - they're a little on the flimsy side. I find myself handling these with more care than any other headphones I own. I own a lot of Logitech products and this headset is the only thing I have ever bought with the Logitech name on it that I fully expect not to make it to the end of it's warranty. I was so impressed with the UE 4000 but when I opened these it was clear that Logitech designed these before they acquired UE, sadly.

3. Permanently mounted cable - I know it's not the "norm" on sub $50 headphones to have removal cables but it would've went a long way in helping me trust the build quality of these. I highly doubt the cable will last a year.

4. The rubber on the mic. I wish I could understood Logitech's reasoning for putting this cheap rubber that scratches and scuffs just by looking at it on almost everything they make.

In conclusion. I bought this headset for about $30. For that price it's good for what it is - a headset. But that is it. They are not good for music but that's not really what they are made for. You don't buy a hatchback to haul drywall, do you? So don't expect these to sound like an expensive pair of cans. That being said if you instal 'Razer Surround,' a freeware then you can get these to sound pretty good - it won't help the volume issue but they'll sound good. Plus it will give you the surround sound that USB audio adapter that comes with the G430's gives you and you'll save $32 and then you can buy yourself a decent audio card that will completely fail to make the Logitech G230 loud enough.

Glad ForceFlex Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags, 13 Gallon, 76 Count
Glad ForceFlex Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags, 13 Gallon, 76 Count
Price: $13.76
11 used & new from $11.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Not strong at all., May 13, 2014
Bags are weak. They have an actual capacity of about 70% that of regular bags. And the most annoying thing is you have to put somting heavy in the bag when you first put them in the garbage can and stand there holding the bag so the air can escape from the can.

I won't be buying these flex type bags again.

Stanley 28-100 1-3/16-inch High Visibility Mini-Razor Blade Scraper
Stanley 28-100 1-3/16-inch High Visibility Mini-Razor Blade Scraper
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $4.42
22 used & new from $0.70

1.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL, May 13, 2014
Be careful. The blade really doesn't fit snug in the case. I was trying to use it for removing silicone from a fish tank. It wasn't but a few minutes before the blade broke free and slice my thumb. Luckily the blade isn't very sharp.

Microsoft Touch Mouse Limited Edition Artist Series - Cheuk
Microsoft Touch Mouse Limited Edition Artist Series - Cheuk
Offered by Galactics
Price: $19.00
28 used & new from $9.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Should Be Sued!, July 25, 2013
Oh, how I loath this mouse let me count the ways

1. scrolling is an inaccurate-chaotic-mess.Plan on adding 25% percent more time to your web surfing activities and at least 40% in open Explorer folders. The scrolling sucks! There is no other word for it. It doesn't mater how you set it in the settings and it doesn't matter how soft or hard you move your finger or even the angle you come in at - you could be standing on your head in a zero g environment while praying to God, Allah, Buddha or who ever makes Nutella - it is not reliably consistent. Especially in open explorer windows. This thing causes them to randomly scroll so you're consistently loosening your place -- it's torturer!

2. Clicks fail to register 70% of the time on the first click.

3. Touch controls are too sensitive and only do what they're supposed to do 10% of the time. If you don't turn off that stupid back /forward gesture after the tenth time of losing your place on a webpage then you're more patient then I am.

4. Mouse is way to small and I have small hands. You have to grip this thing with your thumb and pinky. I've never actually used another mouse wherein I could actually feel carpel tunnel setting in while I was using it.

5. Packaging is ridicules. I should've known the mouse sucked by the packaging. They were clearly trying to hard.

6. Customer service is ridicules. This says it has a 3 year warranty,but according to the lady I talked to they "don't make these anymore, and haven't for a wile" so there was "nothing she could do." They still sell these piles on their website for $80 bucks with no intention of standing behind their warranty. That is illegal, but apparently that is Billy's new business model.

Bottom line: Every mouse and keyboard I've ever bought has been Microsoft. But after trying this mouse for a good month and the way "customer service" handled the situation there is no going back. I mean just look at the reviews. It's clear these mice should've never left the factory. All of them belong in the trash can right next to mine. Anyone wants to start a class action - I'm in!

Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900
Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900
Offered by DropAir
Price: $26.03
74 used & new from $12.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Fan With Lot's of Heart!, June 23, 2013
I love this little fan. I picked up two of them new at Goodwill for ten bucks each a few weeks ago. But I'd gladly pay twice the price or even three times the price.

1. POWERFUL.
2. Compact. Footprint is a tad under 10 1/2 inches at the widest part of the base and about 10 inches wide at the center of the fan, a tad under seven inches deep and a little under 11 inches high.
3. Cheep price.
4. The plug. Yes, I know this is an odd thing to mention but I have to. I have another Honeywell fan which is a 'QuietSet' tower fan(not as good of a buy, just sayin') and that one has the same type of plug, which is tall and skinny as opposed to the short and fat ones we're all accustomed to. I only bring this up because it saves a considerable amount of real estate on power strips... Other manufactured, please take note!

Cons( a little nit-picky)
1. Black, I prefer white that way it's easier to visually know when it's time for a cleaning. But the black does look better and it goes better with the stuff surrounding it on my desk.
2. A tad on the loud side when on high, but it pushes a lot of air, so what do you expect? I mean wind is noisy, right?

I have this fan sitting on the corner of my computer desk. The inside temp in the room is 85 degrees yet I'm comfortable with only this fan on. Which is saying something as I usually crank the AC up when it hit's the upper 70's. But I don't even have the AC on so this little guy is saving me money and as Martha says "that's a good thing!"
Just to give you an idea of how powerful this fan is. I have this sitting directly behind a portable hard drive, so it pushes clean air directly onto the hard drive. With the fan off the temperature of this hard drive is in the mid 70's while being used. With this fan on and hard drive being used - mid 40's, wow!

Is it a perfect fan? Is there such a thing? Look, it's a fan, It's cheap to buy, cheap to run and it's saving me money in AC bills to boot. What more could you possibly want? I understand they're people who will never be happy with anything,cough my sister, my dad's ex- wife, my dad, cough, but for the rest of us this is a definite good buy.

All The Best.

Ginsu 05253 Koden Series Serrated Stainless Steel Ever Sharp 14-Piece Block Cutlery Set, Black
Price: $64.99
7 used & new from $54.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, for the price., May 17, 2013
First I can confirm the rust issue. After the first wash the half-moon looking knife developed a small circle of rust. I cleaned it off and it hasn't rusted since. Also three of the steak knives have rusting issue as well, same circle pattern. If I had paid the $60 they're asking for them now I might be a little more upset but I only paid $36 a few months ago so a little rust isn't that big of a deal -- a mild annoyance and a strong determining factor on future decisions of whether or not to buy any 'Ginsu' products again, but as of now not that big of a deal.

Pro's
- Sharper then average cutlery sets in the price range.
- Stylish.
- solid build quality
- the aforementioned half-moon looking knife. I use that one the most. In fact I don't think I could get on with out it.
- price(that I paid)

Con's
- rust!
That's really it.

For the price I paid I really can gripe but for the $60 they're asking now I'd probably look at a different brand. But that being said, at the $60 price point I doubt you're going to get anything better.

All The Best

Brentwood Appliances 1.5 Liter Cordless Electric Tea Kettle
Brentwood Appliances 1.5 Liter Cordless Electric Tea Kettle
Offered by Sharp Gear
Price: Click here to see our price
22 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, a lot!, May 17, 2013
I've used this about 15 times in the past week and so far so good.
The only gripes I have are
A)Cord could be longer.
B)It would be nice to have a fill line outside.
C)Boy does calcium build up fast in this thing I use only filtered water in this thing and it gets that cloudy calcium film after every use, but as I'm typing this it occurs to me that maybe it's because I leave leftover water in it. I'll stop doing that and see what happens.
*Just a little heads up - don't let calcium build up or you'll never get rid of it. Also with anything stainless steel it would be a worth while investment to purchase some 'Barkeepers friend'. That stuff rocks!

Also I wish it boiled water a little bit hotter. Don't get me wrong it works fine for tea but I put honey in my tea and the water that comes out of this isn't quite hot enough to dissolve the honey in the water 100%, I'd say 85-90%. But I think it's a fair trade off for the speed and convenience.

The pluses are -
A)the water has very minimal contact with the plastic lid. The only part of the water that touches it is the moisture produced by the steam.
B)speed
C)small footprint
D)Color is cool
E)price - under $20, no brainier, really. If it lasts a year great, if not oh well. But it seems better built then most appliances made today so I have no reason to suspect it won't last.

I just recently started drinking tea and as such this is my first electric tea kettle so I really have no point of reference other then stove top tea pots. When I first opened the box I was surprised how small it was. I guess I thought it would be fatter and taller. But looks can be a little deceiving, I guess, as this will easily heat enough water to fill three standard size travel mugs, but not anymore.

To sum it up - I like it!

All The Best
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 12:58 PM PDT

Danco 88814 Faucet Spray Head and Hose
Danco 88814 Faucet Spray Head and Hose
Price: $13.97
11 used & new from $8.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Value, Period!, May 17, 2013
Lets do a little math, shall we?
Hose - minimum of $10
Sprayer - minimum of $5
House guide minimum of $7
Total $22 and thats Internet prices.
I went to my local home repair store and I wouldn't have walked out of there without spending north of $50.

Now this isn't top of the line but I will say I like the actual sprayer better then the one on the kohler faucet. Sadly it doesn't match my set very well so I can't use it but it is a good sprayer none the less.

This kit fits a standard faucet and takes about ten minuets to install.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3