Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Movember Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL
Profile for JDThird > Reviews

JDThird's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1407
Top Reviewer Ranking: 220

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JDThird "John" RSS Feed (Racine, WI United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Orbit White Bubblemint Sugarfree Gum - Gum Bottle & Refill Bag, Boxed Set (300 Total Pieces of Gum)

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent deal but wish the container was more portable, November 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a huge fan of gum, since I get tired of chewing on something that continuously tastes less and less appetizing and you gnaw away at it. But my son loves having something to chew on, so I thought we'd give this a try.

I like that the outside of the box was the dull brown, and INSIDE was all the bright color. The opposite of what you see on everything else.

The bottle is the normal plastic bottle, about 5 or so inches tall. The "chute" opens and closes easily.

These are the rectangular bits of gum, like a long chicklets with the crunchy outside. Not many calories at all for people that count that.

The taste actually wasn't bad, which is why I gave it four stars instead of less. I'd hardly call it "long lasting" but it did make it 15 or 20 minutes. Which puts it about three times longer than most I've tried out there.

300 pieces will last quite a while, but I wish the plastic container was a little smaller, more portable. I wouldn't have minded having a smaller container to keep in the car.

I also don't quite see this making anyone's teeth flash or any woman speaking with a British accent popping around, but I've found that it does make the mouth feel cleaner later in the day, after it's been a while since you've brushed.

If you like gum, this isn't a bad deal. If you're like me, and aren't normally a fan of gum, this actually may have a little more going for it than most, and makes it worth a try.

BURBERRY London for Men Eau de Toilette, 3.3 fl. oz
BURBERRY London for Men Eau de Toilette, 3.3 fl. oz
Price: $75.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The first one I'd ever actually wear, November 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a fan of aftershave, perfume, cologne, etc... I've never worn any, since they always seemed to just be too overwhelming or too generic.

I thought I'd try this just out of curiosity.

The bottle is unique - the wrapping is a material, a fabric, that's glued to the bottle. But this was part of the reason for me taking a star off. It's crooked, it's glued too high so I have this fabric up over the top of the bottle, and it's only glued in a few spots, so it isn't SECURE when you hold it. And when you are holding the bottle "normally" and go to depress the plunger to spray some, it pushes the bottle "down" and you can feel this outer material sliding. I wouldn't be surprised if after a little time of the adhesives getting pulled and pushed at, suddenly one day it slid right out of this material.

But on to the main part, the scent. As much as I dislike colognes and such, I really, really do like this scent. Another reviewer mentioned cinnamon, but I don't get that. My problem is, I can't quite nail down exactly what this underlying bite of odor is trying to remind me of. Might be a bit of red-hot, cinnamon, something else all mixed. I can't put my finger on it, and if I ever do, I can update this.

But the bottom line is that it's actually a nice smell, not at all like the other things I've smelled people wearing. Definitely a masculine smell, and this time that's NOT a bad thing.

BOOMco Halo Covenant Needler Blaster
BOOMco Halo Covenant Needler Blaster
Price: $39.79
18 used & new from $31.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice for any Halo fan, November 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a bit torn about this. I've never been much of a fan of the darts they use, the thin plastic things. They crease easily, and that can cause some minor issues sometimes. But if you take care of them, they work pretty well, and don't have some of the drawbacks of the nerf foam ones, since these seem to be less buffeted by winds if you're outside playing.

The lighting effects are pretty neat, but it would've been better (and unfortunately more expensive) if they could've made them dip inside as well so they really disappeared, rather than just turning off the light. But still, for what it is, it's a nice effect.

As others have said, takes a bit of getting used to for aiming, as there are no sights you can really use.

Mechanism is smooth, works well. I'll second another reviewer, sounds would've been a nice addition.

This is three times the cost of the plasma pistol or the UNSC pistol, but it is considerably larger, so it's not as if there's no reason for the price jump.

But for a fan of Halo, especially if they're a person who liked the needler, this is a pretty cool thing to get them for Christmas or a birthday or something.

Belkin MIXIT Charge and Sync Dock with Lightning Cable Connector for iPhone 6S / 6S Plus, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Red)
Price: $23.99
22 used & new from $18.03

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless with any case unfortunately, November 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoy reading all the other reviews here of people who have cut up their case, or even cut up this item, to make it work with their cases. Personally, I don't buy things knowing I'm going to have to start grinding and cutting them up to get them to work. I prefer to buy something that ALREADY does what I want. Why else would I give someone else money?

This one, as most have already stated, doesn't work with cases. Which is odd, it's designed for all sorts of space front and back to allow a case, but the connector is so shallow that even the thinnest case I have prevents it from working on either our iPod touch 5th or my iPhone 6s.

Which is a shame, since other than the incompatibility with just about anything with a case, there's nothing I didn't like about this. It's far more solid than I had expected, the build quality is second to none. If you don't use a case, I'd say then this is a 5 star product for you. Because it's built THAT good.

But for anyone with any case, on the phone, iPod, or iPad, go find something else. These are not the docks you're looking for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2015 7:04 PM PST

Inside Out Talking Plush, Joy
Inside Out Talking Plush, Joy
Price: $12.80
20 used & new from $12.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Of the whole set, this is the one with the face that really doesn't match the movie character's appearance, November 15, 2015
I picked up all of these talking plushes, and all the rest got 5 stars for quality, resemblance to their characters in the movie, etc... The only complaint I really had across the board was the little plunger switches some had - not what I would've picked had I designed them, but they work mostly, so not that big of a deal.

This one, though... The face just isn't right. It looks more like some Japanese anime character than what was in this movie. The rest of it is well made, the sounds are decent, but that face just totally ruins it.

I wish they had done a better job on the facial characteristics, then it would've been on par with the others.

Maisto R/C 1:24 Shelby GT350 Ford Mustang Radio Control Vehicle (Colors May Vary)
Price: $20.00
8 used & new from $16.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable for this price point, November 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a case of getting what you pay for. My son and I have several RC items, from helicopters and planes to cars, but the cars we have are in the four to five hundred dollar range, serious RC cars that are over-engineered and really get some speed.

I opted for this so we'd have something that was a little more "usable" inside the house in the winter time.

It's decently constructed, lightweight, and really does look good. But it's an inexpensive car, and there's no getting around that. The remote doesn't feel that great, and there's no speed control, strictly "on" and "off" for both forwards and reverse.

The wheels aren't the normal slippery hard plastic, but they're not as sticky as real rubber would be either. This causes me issues when they just spin on the floor because it's so low to the ground, with so little clearance, that I have problems with the threshold between hard floors and carpets. So it has a tendency to hang up, and the tires aren't sticky enough to get it going.

For a kid, though, it's a decent enough car, you just have to make adjustments for the shortcomings - we have a couple pieces of cardboard we put on the floor on the tile where we can then drive it up to over the threshold to the carpeted areas.

But at least the price reflects the value, since I've seen vehicles that performed about on par with this one, but cost twice as much. This one at least knows it's place in the grand scheme of things.

Chamberlain CIGBU MYQ Internet Gateway
Chamberlain CIGBU MYQ Internet Gateway
Price: $35.33
125 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 15, 2015
I got this when I replaced my Chamberlain Whisper Drive with a slightly newer version that supports this.

Installation was simple, just make sure to take a photo or write down the serial on the bottom before you bury it somewhere out of sight, since you need it for the internet setup, and while the website says you can find the serial on the bottom of this device or the front page of the manual, turned out for me there was NOTHING on the manual, so I had to move furniture around to get at it again to get that picture of the serial.

Was a quick and easy setup for the internet account, and just as quick to get this tied into it.

Got the app on my iPhone, and works well.

The only issue I have is one time the graphic doesn't show the correct position of the door. In one instance it showed it open when I knew it was closed. There was no "refresh" option, so I simply got into the task manager, closed the app, then reopened it, and then it refreshed the correct position. I don't know if that will continue or not, but so far it's just been the one time.

I got this bundled with my new opener in a lightning deal here on Amazon, so I couldn't beat the price.

Chamberlain WD962KEV Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener with MyQ Technology and Battery Backup
Price: $202.87
37 used & new from $162.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, quieter than the Chamberlain Whisper Drive I replaced, November 15, 2015
For me, this was a quick and easy install. I had a different non internet capable whisper drive Chamberlain installed already, and it used the same rail, same sensors, so all I had to do was literally disconnect the box from my existing install, and put the box from this in its place. Wires all went to the same spot. Then it was just a matter of changing the button by the garage door and the keyless entry, both which were sized the same so could use the existing holes I had from the previous ones. This was the quickest garage door I ever put in, since I had to do so little.

And comparing it to the other whisper drive I had, this is considerably quieter. It is slower though, doesn't open OR close as quickly as the old one did, but that's likely one of the prices of the quieter setup.

This worked fine with my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited as well for the Homelink system. And the antenna on this must be better than the one I had on the previous one, since I get a signal from farther away with the Homelink and the Chamberlain remotes. Of course, having it on the phone means you don't need to be limited to the signal this has anyway.

The internet setup was easy. Plugged in the internet gateway (and don't forget to get a photo of the bottom with the serial number if you're putting it somewhere you can't see easily) and the setup online took just a minute or so. Another 30 seconds to hit the learn button on the garage door to get it picked up as my device, and viola, all done. Works like a champ, usually within about 2 seconds of hitting the button on the phone, the garage door is cycling.

The thing I don't like is that the old unit I could turn off the motion sensor so it wouldn't turn on the lights every time someone moved within range of the sensor. Especially if there's something that moves in the garage when the wind blows it, and it keeps triggering this. So odds are I'm going to tape over the sensor so it no longer works.

The auto close settings can be changed or disabled right on the main remote by the door as well.

In every respect, this works just great. Very quiet, and I like the expanded options with the internet access. I got it on a lightning deal that made it cost less than anything else, even the things without internet access, so it was DEFINITELY worth every penny I paid.

Remington HC4250 Shortcut Clipper Pro Haircut Kit, Silver
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Clipper Pro Haircut Kit, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as curved as the angle would lead you to believe, but the wide blade works well, November 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I shave my head, and my son loves having buzz cuts to simplify his own hair care. So I've got a few clippers I've used for things, but this one intrigued me for two reasons. The first being the curve. Obviously that's a benefit on a head, and everything else I have is the standard flat cutting edge. The second thing, the size. Even the Philips unit I've used and love up to this point is barely more than half this size. Larger cutting head means less time cutting.

This comes with 9 plastic clips to snap on. And that's where I ended up taking a star off - not that they gave so many, but the pouch that comes with this holds the clipper, not all the accessories. So that means I have another drawer full of accessories that are loose. They range from 1/16" (1.5mm) to 5/8" (15mm). I do prefer the setup on my Philips where it's adjustable, so I don't have to keep changing out parts for different areas of the head. It's easier to twist a dial to raise or lower it.

The other downside - this looks very curved in this view they give it, but it isn't nearly this curved at the angle you hold it for cutting. So there's a slight curve, but not nearly as much as I had expected.

But the big thing is that it has a good sized cutting area, and that's where this really shone compared to the Philips we were using up to this point. It cuts well, and the shape makes it easy to hold whether you're cutting your own or another person's.

It's not too noisy, which was another thing my son didn't like with a few we used to use a couple years ago.

I always prefer cordless, but another thing about this is that, unlike a few I've had in the past, when the battery runs low, this one you can run with the cord plugged in for times you run out of juice part way through.

Currently there's no price on the US sites I've found it, only overseas, but the conversion would put this about $55 or so in USD, which at first seemed a bit steep for something that's just basically a motor, blades, and a bunch of plastic fittings. But then I looked to refresh my memory, and the Philips is about $50 right now too, Philips Norelco QC5580/40 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper Pro so the price seems right in line, considering it's a larger cutting area.

All told, a nice clipper for people who want to handle their own hair care.

Neato 945-0205 Botvac Connected Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum
Neato 945-0205 Botvac Connected Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum
Price: $699.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Totally inconsistent, coolness factor overwhelmed by poor non carpet performance and missing half of the rooms outright, November 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Weird thing- to set the time if you aren't using the Neato app, you have to disable wi-fi. I found that to be odd.

Setup was simple if you're going to web enable it though. You have to create an account on their system, and it's nice that it only has a requirement of 6 characters, no weird complexity. It's a vacuum robot, I'm not that worried about someone taking it over and destroying my home... This isn't fort knox here, it doesn't have my credit card info, I don't need a lot of security on this account. After the account is created, you turn on the wireless on the robot, then connect your device to it's wireless network in order to be able to program it to connect to your home's wireless network. Once that's done, it connects to the normal wireless network, and connects to their network to find their servers.

Then it finalizes, which they say can take up to 3 minutes. For me, 10 minutes later I had nothing although it said it had connected to my wireless, but wasn't able to connect to their server. Even on the robot screen, shows that it has an IP address, shows "server" checked, but "linked" shows a red X. I killed the wireless, then turned it back on to let it try to reconnect again. Still failed.

I removed it from power (you can't shut it down when it's charging) and it showed a full charge. Shut it down, turned it back on, and it went right back to the same place.

All that comes with it ios a quick guide, so no troubleshooting info. There's not even any info about the upgrade cable that it comes with, such as how to connect to it. You would have to have a USB extension cable, with a type A male plug on each end. Not many people have one of those, so without it apparently you won't be upgrading using THIS cable.

It comes with a different brush, one with just the rubber on it, no brushes.

And it still wouldn't see the mothership. I removed the wireless setup from the vacuum, tried again, no change. Tried another access point I had, no change. Tried a third, no change. This time when I tried back on the Google OnHub router, it finally worked. And at least after that, I never seemed to have any issues with its connection.

I set it to cleaning then, in my dining room. One table, four chairs, I had a printer on the floor that I tested a while ago, and the back of a couch. At first I was insanely impressed. It maneuvered around the chairs, THROUGH the legs (there was about 1/2 inch clearance on each side of the unit when it went underneath and through them. It would pivot just around one and get even better than I could manually without moving the chair.

And then it went downhill. My couch is a reclining model, and has enough space that the vacuum can get underneath it. And it couldn't figure out what to do under there, it kept trying to raise itself to get unstuck but it can't raise itself under there, so it started crying that it wants mommy. And every time I got it out from under there, it would return immediately where it just got rescued from, and got stuck again.

Returning to home - same problem. I had assumed there's some beacon that the IR can "see" to know where the base is, since obviously if you pick it up to get it unstuck, and put it down like 90 degrees rotated, the whole "map" is lost. It was only 5 feet from the base, and instead of returning to the base, it went about 110 degrees to the left to go under the couch again. It got so messed up that it thought the bumper was stuck even when it was out from under there and nothing was within a few feet. I went online to find an owner's manual since none come with the unit itself (another thing I find annoying now-a-days, for a device with a list price of $799 they can durn well include a paper manual), and the manual clarifies that if it didn't start the cleaning run from its base, it cannot return. When it needs charging it will just stop where it started and do the "mama help me" thing asking to be returned to the charging base. And I have to go back to my same thought, that I keep having with so many issues with this unit - at this price point, there's no excuse for not having some kind of signal it can home in on regardless of where it started from.

Needless to say, it never did return to base. It was something I'd have to try in the next test since it still thinks the bumper is stuck although everything moves freely and I can't find anything "stuck" or depressed to make it think it's stuck. So I let it sit and charge a bit to see if it would "forget" that the bumper was reporting that it was stuck.

Sound levels - I expected more noise from the default "turbo" mode, but it was surprisingly less noisy than I had expected. When I put it on Eco, the noise level wasn't really that much less than the turbo mode, so other than trying to stretch battery life, I don't see much use for me for the eco mode.

The boundary marker is only about 6 feet long, apparently a magnetic strip. You can cut it in whatever size strips you need. Again, no manual, so doing some digging online I found a forum where people talked about the usefulness of this. Since you only get 6 feet, it can be tough to have enough for what you want to block, depending on what you're vacuuming. So some people have tried cutting strips that are less than the full length of the opening of, say, a doorway, leaving less width than the robot open on each edge of the strip to the edge of the actual doorway, figuring that it couldn't "squeeze" through - but some people have reported that even just a gap of an inch or two was enough for their robot to go through anyway, so your mileage may vary.

I really wish someone would make a border system like one of the invisible electric fence systems I have for dogs. You have sensors at a few locations to triangulate locations of the device, and then you walk around an area with the device and define the border. Then you walk around INSIDE that area and define "Stay Out" areas, for the dog system it was things like bushes, etc. For this, it could be stairway, table, spots where furniture would let it get under because it's not smart enough to avoid them, etc... I also wish there was a way to say, "This room here is the kitchen." "This room here is the dining room." "This is the Master Bedroom." And have it remember where these places are from the base. Because then I could assign different rooms different schedules. Because a 6 foot roll of barrier just doesn't cut it. And having this thing randomly wander is pretty useless.

I have an open concept house. My kitchen, great room, and dining room are all essentially one room. The only thing other than the perimeter walls is a floating half height wall with cabinets between the kitchen and great room, like an "island." And I've been unable to get this vacuum to do anything more than always exit the charger the same way, always vacuum the same area by my dining room table and chairs, then always get stuck under the couch. It never goes the other direction in the kitchen, the room it actually starts out in. It never even cleans the kitchen.

So let's start rearranging things so I can block openings, an force it to actually clean the kitchen. I used the bit of border to block the entrance to the dining area, and then moved my garbage can into the other opening, along with a small toy chest. Now it was blocked in, and it had to clean the kitchen. I have a rectangular kitchen, with one offshoot to make it like a letter L. The base was at the "top" center of the L. I hit the phone app, told it to clean. It went. It first went around the perimeter, and I decided to throw in a bit of a hassle for it, and put an indoor electric grill in there as well, which has a base that is like a big plus sign, so there's four legs radiating out 90 degrees from each other. I stuck that by the cabinets on one of the walls. It navigated around that without any problems. Once it finished the perimeter, it went AGAIN around the perimeter. I thought it did it once to get the layout, then start the stripes back and forth. But I ended up with two perimeter walks, then it finally started going back and forth.

But this is where one of the downsides is of the design, how the air blows out the back. In tighter corridors, like the bottom of that L shape where my kitchen narrows to about five feet across in that opening, the back blast from the vacuum caused issues since it hit the wall behind it, which then diverted it in other directions. I had placed a few loose bits of things, crushed goldfish, some onion skins (which I'm always battling in my kitchen on the floor), even some dirt I transplanted from outside, along with some grass clippings. And much of it would get blown into an area it already cleaned as it spun to hit another area. I had a few pieces of onion skin that kept getting blown away from where it was cleaning, and never did get picked up. Some grass clippings as well. I finally had to shove things right in front of the charging base so that when it decided it was done, it may catch them on the return home.

And it went three or four times through my kitchen. It took far longer than I expected, since i had thought once it mapped the outside, did the inside, it would call it quits. But it kept on going. That may be good, since it helps ensure a bit of a more thorough vacuum, but it also severely limits how far much it can vacuum if it does areas three or more times. I had two trips lengthwise, and one run through for the last bit that it went perpendicular to that pattern, and went "across" the previous paths it followed the first two times.

It had no problems returning to base.

I couldn't let it run loose in my great room since I have a 12 year old, so we have an almost constant state of Lego or Mega Blok building happening. And the supplied border isn't big enough to block off that area. So I tried to let it have the run of my entry way / mud room / laundry room, the L shaped hallway that went to the great room as well as to the second bathroom, and all three bedrooms. I shut the door on the third bedroom that is my "office" since I have a mess of stuff in there I haven't organized yet, all just scattered around the floor. So this left it with two bedrooms, the laundry room, a bathroom to clean in that hallway, and the master bath in my bedroom. I did the pre-cleaning by making sure things I don't want it vacuuming up are off the floors. Then I moved the charging base to the end of the hallway so it could try to return to that after doing multiple rooms.

And this was where I realized what these things need is a little camera, even just a small low def one, so you can monitor their progress if you're not at home or in another part of the house, and you want to see how it's doing.

So this test showed me the exact same flaws. My entrance room - lots of dirt, bits of grass, etc, on the long runner I have on the floor there. And it gets blown everywhere each time the robot turns, so that so much of it ends up missed (and a LOT of it ended up blown under the washer/dryer). This ended up being the worst results of all the testing. It left a LOT of things on the floor in here, simple things, small bit of paper from a cardboard box that had been broken down, bits of grass, fuzz, dust bunny...

If it worked everywhere like it did in here, I'd say absolute F, zero stars, not worth 10 bucks let alone a 799 list price.

And then it kept going, and in the process, I became even more disappointed. Totally skipped both bathrooms even though it went into the one to get the perimeter. It never even went in the open doorway in the master bedroom's bathroom. Then, oddly enough, it mapped out HALF of my master bedroom. And again, here was a mixture of amazement and disappointment. I have a platform bed, and I couldn't believe it got all the way under there. It overhangs the "hidden" base right about the width of the robot. And it went in this "tunnel" made by this overhang and my side table by the bed. I never thought it'd get out of there when it couldn't turn around at the end, but it came out fine. Got to the other end of the bed under the overhang, and there was just enough of a lip on the foot board part that it couldn't get under, so it did the normal "let's go around" - and then for absolutely no reason, going along the foot end of the bed heading to the other half of my bedroom on the other side of the bed, half way it just decided to stop, turn, and finish mapping out the first half's area - totally ignoring half of my bedroom. It then proceeded to do the rest of the back and forth, filling in the middle of the area it mapped, but it never got to the other half.

In this whole time, it also never went into my son's bedroom. I was ready to write about that, but finally, out of the blue, it just marched straight there as if it knew just where it was going, and began to do his room, too. I liked that it maneuvered out of the laundry room, turned, down the hall, turned, by his room, turned, and entered it dead center in the doorway to begin mapping it. Impressive navigation.

And then it surprised me again, and made a beeline to my bedroom, and my master bathroom that I had assumed it skipped. Again, a problem with the exhaust blowing things around so they never got picked up. Seems to be a real issue on hardwood and tile. So suddenly I had hope - maybe it would finally go back and do the other half of my bedroom. And for a moment after the bathroom was done, it looked like it might - it went back to the foot of my bed, turned a circle as if mapping, tried to move and kept turning and driving straight into the dresser there. Then it would circle again, turn and try to go straight into the dresser, turn and circle again. It did this four or five times, then finally shut off the vacuum and returned to base. I had hoped it was going back to recharge and then finish later, but nope. It said it was done.

So my biggest test ended up with half a bedroom completely ignored, sub standard results on any hardwood floor, but acceptable results on the carpeting where it DID go.

Sure, it's no Dyson, and I didn't expect it to clean the carpets as deeply as mine do. But in three of the five rooms I had it do this time, I had to go back with a real vacuum. So this taught me to not let it do hard floors, just carpets. I need to close the doors to the bathrooms and laundry room when I want it to clean.

So my end results were mixed. Some parts about it, I liked. I was amazed at how it would get right around each of the four legs of a chair if it had the room around it. I thought it did an excellent job getting into corners, and following baseboards and such always on the side with the spinning edge brush. When it starts the back and forth inside a room, it overlaps about 1/4 of it's width, pretty consistently, so that it doesn't miss any sections.

But I've seen how easily it can seem to get confused, how poorly it does on tile and hard wood with that jet nozzle out the back to cause issues as it's turning and that blast is reflecting off of surfaces behind it. And how at times it simply completely misses large areas that are totally accessible. I have no chrome, nothing reflective, so there's no issues with the laser being thrown off. I also have a few marks on painted drywall where it "backed up" and raised it's rear end up in the air, and caused the metal strip for the charging station to scrape against the wall.

Subsequent attempts on the same area produced totally different results then. It actually got that other undone half of my bedroom right off the bat this time, but now it skipped my son's room completely. A third run had it get all of my bedroom, all of my son's, and after it did the perimeter in the master bath, it never did return there, although it went two different times to totally do the smaller full bathroom off the hallway.

And the next day I was back to it not even doing the same half of my bedroom it skipped the first time. So it's just weird how nothing has changed, no items are in a different position, it's exactly the same look to it's laser eye, but sometimes it gets rooms, or parts of rooms, and other times it doesn't.

And the next day, it did the whole bedroom, the master bath, but other than one run in my son's bedroom to the corner opposite the door and a beeline straight back OUT the door, it skipped his room, and utterly ignored the laundry room and bathroom off the hallway.

The manual control works fine, but this is a slow mover, so I really don't think that's going to be something I ever do.

Spot cleaning - works pretty much as advertised. I wish you could adjust the spot though, since it is hard coded to a 4x6 foot rectangle. Would be nice to change size or shape at some point down the road.

I had no problems with the app, or notifications of status from the vacuum to my iPhone 6s or my Apple watch. Other than the initial issues getting this thing to see the mothership and link up, so far it's been rock solid for everything as far as the communications and control goes.

So all told, this kind of performance would be more acceptable if this vacuum cost half of what it does. But for the price charged, I just can't see this as anything other than a play thing for someone with money to burn who's curious about them, instead of a real tool to use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2015 9:27 PM PST