ARRAY(0xb074957c)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 162

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John S. Dean "John" RSS Feed (Sturtevant, WI United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Without Reason
Without Reason
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a change from the other books by him I've read, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Without Reason (Kindle Edition)
I had no idea going into this what it was about, and because of my history with his work, I expected something else to happen not too long after the first chapter. But this was a complete surprise, and a pleasant one as well.

It's not a typical story. it's not a quest driven saga, or some hero saves the heroine or any such trite drivel. It's deeply introspective. The majority of the story is nothing more than the points of view of two characters, and their thoughts and subsequent interactions with each other subsequent to the main event of the first chapter.

I really love reading books like this when they're well done, because you get drawn in and you start contemplating the same things yourself. There is no way to really just divorce yourself from this, and read it as "just a book" because the subject matter and questions are things that you end up pondering yourself right along with the characters.

It's difficult to write a book without "action." I've seen quite a few attempts at it, and some work out alright, but it seems most suffer from a droning, endless feel while reading. When there's no action sequences, no plot twists and turns and huge backstory you learn as you go, it really becomes difficult to move a story along. When you're limited to mostly the character's introspection and dialog between mostly just two people, you really need to nail it for it to be a compelling read.

Sean Patrick Little did nail it. Granted, it's not a long story, but I started reading it between a few client things I was going to take care of that evening before bed. And I ended up putting them all off till the next day since I didn't put it down at all, I just read it straight through. And afterwards, I spent at least as much time as I spent reading it simply thinking about the story, the points raised, the questions asked, and my own experience with most aspects of the story.

I also like the way it ended. Some people have problems with endings like this, but that's really what the story was about, how things aren't always wrapped up with a pretty little bow and presented in their entirety. Sometimes we don't get all the answers, and as Mr. Little points out, whether or not a person feels "that's OK" or "that's fair," ultimately that's life.

Karcher North America 1.601-916.0 Electric Pressure Washer with Quick Connects, 2000 PSI
Price: $249.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, April 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've gone through a few power washers. I don't use them often, so I don't get new ones to replace a broken one, just usually I see one and it has a feature I'd like, so I give my old one to a friend or family member, and get the new one.

This one looked interesting when it came up in the Vine program, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was winter time when I ordered it, and living in Wisconsin with the winter we've had, I've got so much salt in the garage that I've never seen it look like this before. In about a 2 foot oval around the entire area the car sits, it's like a small white beach, there are literally small salt dunes in many places.

This was probably the biggest pain of any I have purchased to unbox and put together. There are 19 pieces you pull out, 21 if you count the two wheel covers that were slipped on the wheels but not fully in place yet, and had to be removed to put the wheels on anyway. Some things didn't line up very easily and required a bit of force to get them into place, and this was mostly due to the barrels the screws went through not going into the holes set in the receiving piece without a bunch of elbow grease and slightly bending things to align them. There's a little design quality there they could improve upon.

I don't like that the connector for the hose is all plastic. Plastic for the screw threads, plastic for the little rollers that pop out to secure it to the nozzle on the power washer, just plastic plastic plastic. I've had far too many of these break in the past from other manufacturers. I also don't like the wand's connector. The hose from the washer to the wand actually slides up inside a deep recessed hole with a cover totally shrouding it. The hose has to line up a specific way, because of the shape of the plug on it, and there is no marking on the hose to show "line up with this spot" on the wand. So you have to look into the "tunnel" on the hose to the hole inside, see where the parts are supposed to be lined up, then get the hose oriented this way, and then push it up inside while maintaining that orientation. Slightly cocking it to one side or the other will mean you won't get it inserted. So there's some give and take there. Most places just use round retaining flanges that can be inserted regardless, but this one is rectangular, so it HAS to go in the right way.

I was able to do a good stress test of the unit for my first run though, cleaning out that aforementioned garage full of salt and gunk from the winter roads here. Since we've had an insanely brutal winter compared to normal for the last couple decades, between more snow and more days below zero, we've used a LOT of salt on our roads. Now that we're in April, and I finally saw a day break 50 degrees, I thought I would finally clean my garage. Since I didn't even have hoses outside yet, and the faucets outside are still turned off, I bought a short 15 foot hose to run from my wash tub in the laundry room off my garage to the power washer, and just snaked the hose through the garage door and left it open.

Once I got past the reset safety on the plug, I saw that it had apparently been shipped in the "on" position. It's a large 3" or so circle on the BOTTOM of the front of the washer that rotates to turn this on and off. I like the large oversized swtich, I just don't like the position. So I got it going, and spent some time working on the concrete floor in my garage.

It performed very well, as good as any power washer I've had in the past, and actually better than most. On/Off with the wand's handle was quick and flawless. I know my stationary tub does not put out as much water as quickly when compared to the hose bibs outside. I've had other power washers when, using something with less than "full water" flow like I was using today, would kind of squirt out a little water until you released the handle on the wand, pulled it, released it, and pulled it again, getting enough water pressure to the pump again, and finally the pump would kick in again and it would start actually using power. I've had that happen here previously using this very stationary tub. But it never happened once with this unit. Full power the entire time despite the lesser inflow of water to the unit.

Noise levels were about on par with any power washer I've ever owned. The hose straightened out easily when I "unscrewed" it by twisting the wand to get rid of all the spirals in it from being rolled up, it didn't try to hold it's old "wound" position like many do. The hose seems to be better than most of the really bad plastic feeling hoses the other washers I've had used.

The wand twists to give you control over the size of the spray, and there's a setting for using the detergent mixer as well. That was another piece of this that just disappointed me as far as the poor engineering. The instructions show clearly that you are supposed to run the line from the top back of the power washer to the detergent container underneath the handle where this snaps in. But if you do that, it would kink the unit. going to the side wasn't a good option either. I ended up pulling the little line apart and feeding it through one of the other cutouts in the handle, since that way it wasn't compressed and didn't interfere with getting the container on and off. I've posted a couple pictures of what I'm talking about so you can see what I mean.

I also miss the wind up crank my other one had, since there was a hose reel built into the top of it. But ultimately I prefer this one since as I said, the hose doesn't seem to be forcing itself to stay in a coiled up spiral shape, I can actually get this completely straight and flat while I'm using it. I find that far more useful than an easy way to roll it up when I'm done.

The AC cord has plenty of length, and the hose is a usable length as well.

All told, this is a good little unit. Engineering issues would've made me give this just 3 stars most likely if it performed as adequately as the other power washers I've used in the past, but I had to give it another star for how well it actually worked. It had no problems stripping the gunk off my concrete floor, or the Weathertech floor mats of my Jeep, or even the floor mats I dragged outside to hose down now that the winter season has mostly passed us up. If it weren't for how the hose has to line up just the right way without being able to visually see it while you do it for the connector to the wand, or the assembly issues with things not lining up right before you screwed them in, the performance would've earned this 5 stars. So it balances out to 4, and it's certainly earned all of them.

Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven Premium Xbox One Gaming Headset
Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven Premium Xbox One Gaming Headset
Price: $134.49
45 used & new from $86.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but cable is kind of awkward and drains controller batteries, April 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've got a very nice pair of Sennheiser headphones I use with my AV setup. They replaced a wired set I used to use, and then a wireless Logitech set I used for a few years. So when these came up in the Vine program, I was curious how they'd compare.

As others have said, they're well packaged. Easy to get everything out, and comes with pretty much everything you'd need. I like the design of the base that plugs into the Xbox One controller. It's unobtrusive, and very easy to use. I also like that the MUTE button lights up when it's on, so you have a good visual reminder that your voice is cut off.

I've got some friends who did some headphones, I don't know if they were these specifically or some other ones, and heard them complain about the update for the controller. I'm not sure why, it was about as painless as it could possibly be. When you plug the adapter into the controller, it pops up a message on screen that you need to update the controller. It tells you to plug it in with a USB cable to the Xbox One. Granted, in this day and age you'd think they'd be able to do it over the wireless, but maybe it's a time issue, and doing it that way would take too long compared to the bandwidth they can send over the USB. But regardless, it was simple. Plugged it in via USB, hit OK and it ran the update. Took a minute or so. It then asked if I wanted to do another. I got the second Xbox One controller, didn't know if it would need the module plugged in first or not, so tried it without the headset module, just the USB, and it updated fine. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy as my 10 year old loves to say.

The sounds are good. Not epic, you won't be seeing any audiophiles using this as their main headset, but for gaming and watching TV or movies, it's certainly more than adequate. Good volume, good balance between everything, but I wish it automatically stopped the main sound from going out through the amp. That way at night when I'm doing something, if I forget to power down the amp, this would prevent me from waking up my son with loud explosions in a game at midnight.

However, I found that the signal is easily blocked. So if someone is sitting closer to the TV between you and the console, sound is choppy and drops often. Even if I just sit with my legs crossed and my knee is in the way, sound drops constantly. So in my setup, my great room has a couch about 15 to 18 feet from the TV, and the Xbox is under the TV with a direct line of sight to where I sit, and I need that direct line of sight for the sound to work well. Anything between the controller and the console, and it's like listening to an old AM station as you're going under a bridge or something.

It's alright having these powered by the controller, since I can just swap controllers out if the battery empties out, and I prefer that to dealing with charging the headphones like I do my Senheisers. But ultimately I would've preferred a wireless solution since the cord is a bit awkward, especially since it comes out of the plug at the end at a right angle, so it' either exiting "down" where it can be annoying on your lap if you sit like I do in a recliner playing a game with the controller in your hands, resting on your lap, or it sticks up, where it then arches around and back down again anyway. No matter what, you notice it's there. The alternate cable for use with MP3 players and such is something that could be handy, but I really don't see this as a seriously used option, because between the weight of the headphones and the thickness / heft of the cable itself, these just don't seem like something I'd see a lot of people using for their phones / ipods / etc... And right by your shoulder is the large plastic quick disconnect where the different cables plug into this, making it even less of a "portable" option. But for just sitting around the house, they'd work well.

Side note about the battery life, it does seem significantly less when using these. I've been testing them at night while my 10 year old is sleeping, and the controllers die in a single (not long) session even when starting fully charged.

As I noted, the sound is good for games, movies, and TV. Despite the weight, they are comfortable for extended wear. When I was testing things out I played about 6 hours straight of Tomb Raider on the Xbox One, and I didn't have any pressure points or uncomfortable moments with it on for and extended gaming session. Nor did my ears or side of my head get sweaty as I usually find on this kind of material (since I shave my head, headphones are right on skin, so usually that creates moisture).

The controls work well, and I'm glad they have them on the adapter and not dangling somewhere on the cable like so many headsets have. Compared to my Sennheiser wireless headphones, these are noticeably heavier. But not uncomfortably so as I noted when doing some longer gaming sessions.

I only had a problem once with the mic, where I had to power everything off and back on to get it to work. They did a very good job with it, the boom is completely bendable in any position, so you can position it exactly how you want it to be. And the base of the plug is shaped, so it can only plug in one way, which means that it won't pivot and twist on you without you explicitly moving it because the plug can't turn in place.

All in all they do what they claim they will do, but for the price, unless they can do something to fix the "line of sight needed or the sound is horrible" problem, it's not worth it.

Scotts 77105-2 Snap Spreader
Scotts 77105-2 Snap Spreader
Price: $29.98
23 used & new from $20.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, but kind of a pain, April 12, 2014
I have a much better spreader, but I generally don't use it, since it's kind of a pain. Finding the right stuff that it will spread, figuring out what setting to use, filling it then emptying out anything left in it when I'm done, it's just more than I want to deal with. I'm in the IT field, and while I enjoy some yard work, grass care is NOT part of what I like to do to relax.

I saw the commercial for this, and thought to myself, "That's custom made for me!" I picked one up and a fertilizer bag.

First off, the convenience. It deserves 5 stars just for that. I like that there's a handle to flip that puts it in "edge mode" so I can walk right next to the drive and sidewalk and it only spreads out the front and left side, so it doesn't waste it on the sidewalk and driveway and other areas you may not want it to spread, such as a garden if you have one. That lever works well. The trigger to turn the spreading on and off works very well also. Putting the bag on was a piece of cake, as was removing it. Just remember to get the hook holes on the top of the bag in place over the tabs on the handle as you lower it into place. I didn't even know they were there at first and ended up pulling it off again to put those on.

It folds up easily, which is another bonus, since it's already so tiny to start, once it's folded in half it fits nearly anywhere completely unobtrusive.

My complaint, and why it lost two stars, is that the lack of size, and relatively small bags, means there's not much weight on the wheels. So it's not very good at actually ENGAGING the gears and such. I spent far more effort pushing it DOWN hard against the ground while using it, since just its weight was not enough to keep the wheels from being basically locked and just sliding on the ground rather than rolling. But this was just my first experience with it, so we'll see if that improves at all after it's been used a few times. If it does, I'll update the review here.

I love the convenience, it did spread decently once I bore down on it to make things engage and spin, and when I was done (it emptied out before I finished my 1/4 acre yard) it popped off easily and didn't leave hardly anything in the spreader.

If the wheels worked better, this would be a 5 star product, but for now, I can only give it 3 despite the well thought out design.

Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE250BW
Price: Click here to see our price
117 used & new from $141.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well in my Thinkpad Yoga, April 12, 2014
I wanted something a little bigger than the 180GB drive that came in my computer, but didn't need 512GB of space. I have some Sandisk and other manufacturer SSD's, and I've had no problems with any of them, but from reading reviews, it seems that the EVO series has proven for most people to be the most reliable one out there. Since this is for my daily work / personal tablet computer, I figured it was worth it to spend a little more money as insurance for reliability.

It installed just fine, I used Acronis to image the original hard drive to it before I even powered on my new computer. Put it in, and even with the secure boot and such in the BIOS, it came right up flawlessly.

My Tablet PC runs pretty much 24/7, at work and at home and so far I've had not a single hiccup with anything related to the drive.

The price was a good bit off the list price, and for the size and speed, it certainly was a good value.

HGST Travelstar 2.5-Inch 1.5TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache Internal Hard Drive Kit 0S03632
Offered by onSale
Price: $119.99
5 used & new from $119.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to, April 12, 2014
I had picked up a few USB 3 enclosures, and wanted a slightly bigger drive for one of them. Did some looking around, and decided to go with this for the good ratio of price to size.

It fit just fine, spun up, and I had no problems formatting it for my Windows 8.1 tablet PC. Read/write times are satisfactory, and so far I've had no issues, even with about 1.2 TB of nonstop writing to it when I initially moved some things to it.

For the price, which was discounted a good chunk off the list price, it was a good deal.

ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router
ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router
Price: $179.99
128 used & new from $137.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well as a replacement for my Airport Extreme, April 12, 2014
I got off of all the other routers / access points back in 2009 when I switched from Windows to my first MacBook Pro. And I loved my airport extreme units, nothing has ever been as reliable and unfailing.

However, 4 1/2 years later, I changed from Macs back to Windows, first with a Surface Pro, then a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, then a Lenovo Thinkpad Helix, and finally my current one, the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga. And the airport was rock solid until my first Lenovo. I had what turns out to be a very common problem, with losing the wireless connection. It would still show me connected, I could ping my own IP, but anything else, including internet, was dead. I'd have to turn off and then turn back on my wireless. I spent 3 weeks or so doing everything everyone else suggested and a bunch of things I came up with on my own, and never got it working reliably. Sometimes it would last an hour or two, sometimes it would last 4 or 5 minutes. Very frustrating for someone who does a lot of work from home at night, always having to reset my wireless card and reconnect to whatever I was doing.

I had the same problem with all three of my Lenovo units. And didn't think much of the fact that it didn't happen at work, since I have a USB 3 dock that I use with gigabit. But I started thinking that it never died at client sites, so maybe the problem was some flaky connection issue with the Intel wireless cards that are in the Lenovos and the Airport Extreme. So I did some reading, since I could do 802.11 ac with my newest laptop, and picked this one.

I left the airport where it was buried in my entertainment center since it's also the switch for many of my network devices such as game consoles, TV, and amplifier. But I disabled the radio, and then put this onto the link that came straight up from my switch to my Uverse DVR box. I wanted something that wasn't sharing bandwidth with all my other devices, and this was a good place to plug it in for testing.

First thing I noted, I like the GUI - well laid out, easy to see, with simpler options for basic users and more advanced settings for network people like myself. It even has utilities such as ping, traceroute, and nslookup, as well as a GUI page to send WOL packets to computers that support it.

Setup was easy, it defaults to 192.168.1.1 and accessed easily via a web browser, admin/admin the default authentication. Took me 2 minutes to put it into AP mode (don't need it as a router, just an access point) and assign an IP for it and reboot. I then upgraded firmware, and liked that when it came back up, it warned about changes in FTP accounts, offered "change now" to save me from having to hunt for it to adjust a security setting to make it more secure. But unfortunately it flashes a yellow exclamation point non stop warning me that it modified the default FTP access to be more secure. It never stops reminding me of that even after it made the change, so every time I hit the admin console, I see that flashing in the upper right. I don't even have any services like that enabled, and it still nags me.

There were several firmware updates between manufacture date and now, so I upgraded the firmware. I didn't realize the unit can download its own, so I had downloaded manually and updated. No issues, and it persisted my settings after the update.

I also love that it's easy to disable the DNLA media server, since I hate seeing any DNLA device yapping at networked computers, saying "Here I am!" when there's not even media on it. I have enough real devices on my network to have those views cluttered with more useless devices showing up that aren't used for anything like that.

So my first test with my Thinkpad was favorable, I had no issues, no "limited connectivity" warnings. However, while it worked awesomely for about an hour, that's when I realized my Uverse DVR wasn't working at all. Suddenly the cable they used to hook it up a year ago wasn't working when going through the switch on this access point. I swapped cables, and again the TV worked, but ever since that point, the Lenovo had massive speed issues. I was getting awful ping times, and lots of drop outs. Everything was slow, although an actual file download test I did was speedy enough, opening web pages took forever. Then I couldn't connect at all, no devices at all such as my iPad or Lumia Icon nor the laptop. That went for an hour or so. And it never did get better that night while I was awake trying things. I finally went to bed and figured I'd try to reflash it in the morning and if that didn't work, I'd just return it.

By morning the next day, it appeared to operate fine without my having done anything. To prevent any further interference with other things, however, I pulled it from where it was and ran a new cable to a new spot on top of a floating wall between the kitchen and great room, and mounted it up there above the cabinets. I didn't want to screw up any of my U-verse recordings by power cycling this unit, and wanted U-verse straight on its own cat-6 cable again. And ever since doing that change, I've had no problems with either unit. I haven't suffered any more network drops on the Lenovo, speeds have been about as good as they can be, and it's been completely reliable.

I've hit about 35 to 38 MB/s for file copies to my server, which is faster than I had for my 802.11n airport extreme, so I'm satisfied with the speeds, but I'm more satisfied with not having to reset my wireless card several times an hour.

All in all it's a good unit. If I hadn't had that bizarre problem for an hour or more the night I got it, I would've given this 5 stars, but those are the kind of things that would have normal people scratching their heads and giving up. I'm in the IT field, so I have a bit more experience and patience to fall back on, but when I get something like this, I try to imagine my mother or sister or other family member being able to get it going. And with the initial problems I had, this one wouldn't work well for them if that happened in their houses. But it's been good since that, so for me, it's a win.

Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure Case with usb 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free HDD Installation, Compatible With Windows 2000/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4
Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite of my USB 3 enclosures, April 12, 2014
I have a bunch of drives I have as externals, for various things. Some I have for my own personal needs, some I have that I use at client sites. One thing I never liked with USB 3 was the dual plug on the object's end. Just a little flimsy, and I've had one or two break on me.

This one caught my eye because it's not the standard USB 3 end, it's another rectangular barrel connector, much more sturdy in my experience. I've never had one of these style connectors break on me.

The top comes off easily, and the 7mm or 9mm drives fit right in there with no issues. They include small foam sticky pads to add a bit of packing inside to keep the smaller drives from rattling around if you need it.

Speeds were on par with the other USB 3 devices I have as far as file copies. And going from the SSD drive on my computers to this with an SSD drive in it is just such a pleasure when I'm moving things around and don't want to use my server in the basement to park things.

For the price, can't be beat. The only complaint I have is that I wish the cable was a bit shorter. Which is odd, usually people complain that they wish the cables were longer but this has a little more than I need. But I'd rather have it too long than too short, at least you have options for drive placement when you have a little more length like this.

Great deal, works like a champ. What's not to like?

ModulR Case, Flip Cover and Accessories for iPad Mini (Black) (C51-50-M)
ModulR Case, Flip Cover and Accessories for iPad Mini (Black) (C51-50-M)
Price: $43.59
2 used & new from $38.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite case but it does what it claims, April 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I vacillated between 3 and 4 stars for this one. For my own personal preferences, it would earn three stars, since I really don't need the features offered with the straps. But the product itself warrants four, since it does what it claims, and does it pretty well.

First problem I had after snapping on the case was the screen rotation / mute switch. It was apparently in the wrong position when I put the case on, and even moving the case's switch back and forth, it wouldn't engage the actual physical switch and function. I had to pull it off, get the switch in the lower position (since the case's switch cover doesn't hold its position so it "falls" to that spot as I put it on). Once I did that, the switch operated fine.

Buttons press well, the power button cover is fine, but the volume switches are considerably more of a pain to get to register presses with this cover on. But since I usually use the quick access by swiping up to adjust volume and brightness, it's not an issue for me.

It snaps on securely. It's formed to fit the curve of the back with raised ridges along the edges of the case, so the case's exterior itself is straight edged all around, not curved like the iPad itself. The cutouts for things line up well, but as with many cases that add some level of protection, it can make two things a bit more tough - the lighting port on the bottom may be a problem depending on the cable you use. The Apple cable that comes with the iPads fits, but it's right against the edge of the hole in the cover, so anything that's a little larger, like one of the other third party cables I have, won't fit. Same thing with the opening for the headphone jack. It's bigger than the actual jack is, not quite twice the diameter, but depending on the headphone plug, you may have issues.

The strap system works quite well. The one to slide your hand under while holding the iPad is a bit elastic, so it fits snug but still as the give needed to get your hand through it. It will fit lengthwise or diagonally, and goes on and off surprisingly easily, but won't pop off on its own. The other straps rely on "popping" the tab through the thinner part of the opening to get it in the right position. But this is where my biggest complaint is, that these nubs on the case itself can't be pulled off. And they're just plastic, so putting the iPad down with that side down leaves it with a tendency to slide if the surface it's on isn't level or is bumped. They get around that, though, by having the main case's edges around the front and back be slightly rubberized. So no matter which way you have the cover with the straps on, either over the display with it "closed" or around the back with it "open", the edge that is opposite the cover can be laid on a flat surface with some "sticking" to it, to keep the iPad in place (something I appreciate when on a flight, for example, and can set it down on the tray and have it stay even if we're shaking from turbulence).

It's very well constructed overall. They talk about the mil spec for the dropping and such, but I'm not sure how much I'd really trust it. There's not a lot of space or absorption material between the iPad and the edges, so despite the claims, it just doesn't FEEL as protective as, say, the Pelican case I have for the iPad mini. But I've never dropped an iPad since the first one I got on the day they were introduced with the iPad 1, so that's not my biggest concern. For me, it's always putting it in a suitcase or laptop case - I want something that will help protect it against minor crushing and such. And this will certainly give me a sense of comfort when travelling as it suits that type of protection very well.

The only other complaint I have isn't really much of a complaint as a comment on the fact that it was designed well and does the job. When the cover is snapped onto the front to protect the screen, or the back to have the strap there to help hold it while using the iPad, it's quite stubborn to remove. It's not HARD to do so, just more pressure than I'd want to use generally to open and use the iPad. But since this cover is designed to protect some against falls and such, the force needed is at least justified, since that's what keeps everything together if it takes a header off a table or something.

All told, it's a solid case, and offers a decent level of protection without adding any real bulk or weight. I would have no use for the straps, but the elastic one to slide your hand under would be handy at times. While this won't be my daily cover, I certainly will keep it to use when the Pelican is overkill but I want more protection than just the smart cover.

Kyjen 2870 Slo-Bowl Slow Feeder Slow Feed Interactive Bloat Stop Dog Bowl, Large, Caribbean Blue Drop
Offered by stores123
Price: $13.13
16 used & new from $12.15

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works, April 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our family has two dogs, both eat way too fast. We've been using slow feed bowls for a few years now, and they work well, but the ones we use I never really liked. They were the kinds with the large rectangular parts in the four quadrants of the bowl, and the dogs would always really slam their snouts in there hard to get between them. I never really thought much of those bowls, but the dogs needed to eat slow, so it was a tradeoff that had to be made.

I saw this on the Vine program and had to try it. Anything would be better than what they dogs were using.

First off, it's big, bigger than I had expected. But what makes this work so well is that there's not any large spaces between protrusions like the other bowls we have been using. This one forces the dog to work its tongue into the deep grooves to get the pieces of dog food. We put a little water in the bowls and then the dry dog food since the water helps the food stick better to the bowl, and that works great here. For the first time, the one dog wasn't slamming her face against the bowl to wedge her snout between the parts that kept her from eating quickly. She was more like a vacuum with a tongue, moving slowly around the bowl.

Compared to the previous slow feed bowl, this one slowed her CONSIDERABLY. It took her nearly three times as long to eat the same amount of food using this one. The other dog still was using the other bowl, and the difference in times was astonishing.

It's well made, it has some rubbery surface on the bottom to help keep it from sliding around TOO much (nothing keeps a bowl in place for these dogs short of a boat anchor and a length of chain) and with a sponge, is quite easy to clean.

But the most important thing is, it worked, and it worked wonderfully. It's not often I can give 5 stars to a Vine product, but this one definitely earned every one. So much that we've already purchased an orange one for the other dog to replace the bowl she had been using.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20