Profile for Nash J. Boogin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nash J. Boogin "John" RSS Feed (Huntersville, North Carolina)

Prepper's Instruction Manual: 50 Steps to Prepare for any Disaster
Prepper's Instruction Manual: 50 Steps to Prepare for any Disaster
by Arthur Bradley
Price: $12.30
46 used & new from $6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Life happens 101, August 12, 2012
Arthur T. Bradley, Ph.D. has quickly risen to become one of my favorite disaster preparedness authors. `Preppers Instruction Manual' far surpasses other similar books on the same topic in that it succinctly and accurately encompasses fifty of the most relevant and important areas people can focus on to get better prepared for whatever life decides it is going to throw at you on any given day. By comparison other what I call DP (disaster preparedness) primer books include such completely useless information as 'learn to make homemade yogurt'; while Dr. Bradley's book will leave you with the information on how to better be prepared for such events as a house fire, a vehicle break down, or the end of the world as we know it (TEOTWAWKI). To date I have never met anyone who has survived a disaster and credited it to being able to make homemade yogurt; however, the information contained in the Prepper's Manual just might save your bacon one day. I highly recommend `Preppers Instruction Manual' for both those just starting out in disaster preparedness as well as veteran Preppers. Additionally a must have in any Preppers library is one of the authors previous works `Handbook to Practical Disaster preparedness For The Family' which is quite simply the best, most comprehensive book on the topic that I have had the pleasure to read.

Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family
Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family
by Arthur Bradley
Price: $19.56
37 used & new from $10.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential for any family., December 23, 2010
Next Tuesday at 1:34 PM a magnitude 7.3 earthquake will hit - get provisions. I have yet to see a calendar with such an entry; unfortunately no one can predict when calamity will strike. Fortunately, as the product description points out, 99% of the time the skies are clear and all is well. The best we can do for the 1% of the time when a disaster or emergency strikes is be prepared. Regrettably most of us do not take the time or put in the effort into being adequately prepared for what the world might throw at us. The good news is that the author has compiled the information on what we need to do and how to be better prepared for us. This book is an essential for anyone looking to prepare themselves and their families for when a disaster will strike. This is by far the most comprehensive compendium of disaster preparedness that I have encountered. The book itself is extremely well written, easy to read and digest while keeping the reader engaged. Most importantly, I guarantee you will be better prepared after reading this book.

Julbo Trail Sunglasses
Julbo Trail Sunglasses
Price: $169.95 - $188.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding pair of sunglasses!, November 28, 2010
This review is from: Julbo Trail Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I am usually not the type to spend a lot of money on sunglasses: but after a long search these glasses met all the criteria I was looking for at the time. They have been worth every penny. I can say without reservation that they are the best pair of sunglasses I have owned. They are light weight and durable, highly scratch resistant. The image quality is fantastic. I can wear them on the brightest of summer days, or on a cloudy overcast winter day. It is also easy to transition from outdoors to indoors with these lenses. The glasses perform equally well when I am driving in my car as when I am hiking in the mountains. If you are looking for a sturdy pair of outstanding glasses look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pair of sunglasses, April 1, 2010
I am usually not the type to spend a lot of money on sunglasses: but after a long search these glasses met all the critera I was looking for at the time. They have been worth every penny. I can say without reservation that they are the best pair of sunglasses I have owned. They are light wieght and durable, highly scratch resistant. The image quality is fantastic. I can wear them on the brightest of summer days, or on a cloudy overcast winter day. It is also easy to transition from outdoors to indoors with these lenses. The glasses perform equally well when I am driving in my car as when I am hiking in the mountains. If you are looking for a sturdy pair of outstanding glasses look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unprecedented Customer Service, February 4, 2009
The customer service I experienced with this company was unexpectedly fantastic. I have to admit I have the same experience receiving a pair of pink flip flops and was less then pleased. Since then Eastbay has done a fantastic job of handling the customer service to make it right. Given that they flip flops are inexpensive I just wrote them off; however the customer service department at Eastbay went above and beyond to resolve the issue. How pleasantly uncharacteristic in this day and age. I would buy from Eastbay again anytime and have no qualms recommending them.

Learning Resources Prepared Slides Combo Set (48 Specimens)
Learning Resources Prepared Slides Combo Set (48 Specimens)
Price: $17.12
25 used & new from $14.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Definate buy., December 30, 2007
I was a little hesitant to purchase this product after reading some of the other reviews; however I was delighted with the product after it arrived. The samples are good, great variety, and no issues with them being 'dusty'. I would definately recommend these slides to others for the purposes of fun and education.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, July 15, 2007
The bag itself is fine. Used it now for a couple of weeks and it is already showing signs of wear - so I am not too happy about that. Additionaly the velcro strap for closing the flap is less then ideal.

Scooby-Doo Unmasked - Xbox
Scooby-Doo Unmasked - Xbox
Offered by GAMES NETWORK
Price: $49.00
30 used & new from $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Scooberific, November 16, 2005
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you liked any of the other Scooby Doo games this one will be no exception. Great graphics and plot with easy to use controls. Good for children of all ages.