Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for V. Diane > Reviews

Browse

V. Diane's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

V. Diane RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Green People - Anti-Ageing 24-Hour Cream - 50ml
Green People - Anti-Ageing 24-Hour Cream - 50ml
Offered by Club Nutra
Price: $18.23
11 used & new from $18.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for my extremely sensitive combination skin., June 10, 2015
In the past year my increasingly sensitive skin has gone to war with every moisturizer I used previously, even those created and marketed for extremely sensitive skin. I'd nearly given up and had stopped using ANY moisturizer for several months, but living in an area where central heating and below freezing temperatures are a daily factor for several months of the year left me desperate enough to risk starting the search again.

I read some good first person reviews of this moisturizer on a forum dedicated to people living with skin problems and decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a few months and so far, have had none of the typical flare-ups, no rash, dry patches or redness. It works well for me as a light moisturizer, and does so without the unpleasant smell that many unscented products have when created with a number of natural ingredients.It massages in easily when applied to damp skin and leaves no noticeable residue on my face.

I can't comment on the anti-aging properties of the moisturizer except to say I haven't noticed any wrinkles appearing since I began using it, but overall I'm very happy to have found something that works for me.

Collections Etc - Orthopedic Gel Seat Cushion By Collections Etc (Color and Style May Vary)
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $19.23
8 used & new from $13.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought Two and BOTH Cushions Leaked Within Hours of Delivery!, February 6, 2015
BUYER BEWARE! This cushion was delivered today and after 2 hours of use the 125 lb female adult who had been sitting on it while typing at her desk stood up and noticed a huge wet spot on her clothing and on the chair. The gel inside had already leaked out. The cushion is noticeably flattened and lumpy as well and looks nothing like it did when taken out of the package earlier today. While we did not have high expectations for the cushion considering the price we DID assume it would last more than a few hours. The leaked gel left a mark on the leather seat of the desk chair which is still visible despite cleaning with a leather cleaning product.

I'm adding an update because when I ordered this cushion I also ordered a second to be delivered to a friend as a gift and I learned that the SECOND cushion ALSO began leaking the first day it was in use (by a small, slender person who weighs 115 lbs) and was also flattened and ruined.

Ecco Bella Eau de Parfum, Lemon Verbena, 1 Fluid Ounce
Ecco Bella Eau de Parfum, Lemon Verbena, 1 Fluid Ounce
Price: $28.32
10 used & new from $25.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually smells of real lemons and lasts longer than most!, February 5, 2013
I really like lemon based fragrances for daytime wear, but no matter how much they cost, most seem to either fade within an hour or so, or have a unnatural chemical note that eventually overpowers the citrus scent.
This is one of the very rare fragrances I've found that not only smells like fresh lemons, but that I can still detect the scent of a few hours later.
I've had friends and co-workers compliment on the "light, fresh" fragrance and ask what I was wearing several hours after applying it, so I'm obviously not the only person still able to smell it. For the price, I haven't found a citrus scent I like better.

100% Pure Pot Rouge Blushes, Creamy Baby Pink
100% Pure Pot Rouge Blushes, Creamy Baby Pink
Price: $25.00
6 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good texture, gentle for sensitive skin., July 4, 2012
As someone who is forced to seek out gentle and non-irritating products for my highly sensitive skin, I've found cream blush to be one of the trickiest cosmetics to find a satisfactory replacement for my old department store brands in.

The 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented blush came close to being a winner for me.
Unlike most natural blushes, it doesn't have an overwhelmingly present odor (unlike some organic and/or natural products which seem to smell like something dug out of the backyard or a clay pit!) has a smooth consistency and reasonable staying power for a cream blush.

It didn't irritate my touchy skin and removed easily with a very mild natural cleanser.

The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that although I have fair skin none of the color selections show up well on me so I had to add a light dusting of powder blush.
This isn't a problem but I was looking for a stand alone blusher.

For a person with very sensitive skin or who is interested in pure and natural products, this blush could be an excellent choice if you are looking for a very light wash of color or you like layering powder blush over cream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for my sensitive eyes., June 6, 2012
I'll admit it: I'm a fickle cosmetics customer. Even if I am happy with a product, I can be lured away easily by the glittering promises of a shiny new chance at cosmetic perfection.

I've tried dozens (SEVERAL dozen, in fact) of mascaras, only to be disappointed. If they don't smudge and cause raccoon eyes, they clump into the equally winsome spider eye look, or they crumble off and leave a dusting of black speckles spattered over my cheekbones, or have such a strong chemical smell they make my eyes water and burn, or are so hard to remove that I lose a handful of eyelashes along with the mascara.

Clinique High Impact is one of a very few I have found that perform well, actually does thicken and lengthen my lashes, has decent staying power but can be easily removed with a gentle cleansing.

It doesn't irritate my eyes or my annoyingly sensitive under eye area and although it costs more than many drugstore brands, is reasonably priced when compared to most high end mascaras.

After every foray I make into the testing grounds of new mascara, I end up turning back to this reliable standby.
If you're looking for a new mascara, it's definitely worth considering.

crocs Women's CrosMesh Ballet Flat
crocs Women's CrosMesh Ballet Flat
Offered by MAGOKORO SHOP JP
Price: $35.27 - $90.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable, May 11, 2012
I bought these to wear in the warm months while spending time in my yard gardening, playing with dogs, barbecuing, etc. and they are perfect for these purposes. They are cooler and lighter than traditional Crocs yet are still easy to rinse clean with a garden hose if needed.
For the price, I haven't found a more comfortable and practical light weight shoe for casual summer outdoor use.

As another reviewer noted, they definitely seem to run larger than some other Crocs, primarily in width. I have wide feet but even so, this model of Crocs is wide enough that it has a slight tendency to gap and crease at the base of the toes when walking or flexing the foot.

It's not a problem for me as I purchased them solely for use around my home and am very pleased with them for this purpose, but for someone who is particular about fit and plans to use them for daily wear, it might be an issue to consider when deciding upon what size to order.

Overall for the price, I am very pleased with the shoes and would definitely purchase them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dogs Like It., April 24, 2012
For complex reasons I am in charge of providing food for nine dogs of varying ages, breeds, and degrees of finicky eating habits. Blue Buffalo is the only prepared food that ALL of them willingly eat.

Every other brand of dog food we have tried, from the boutique specialty brands to the purportedly "near perfect" brands our vet recommends have never seemed to agree with all nine dogs. We've dealt with at least one dog and often a few of them having digestive issues or (in the case of the elderly dogs) flatly refusing to eat more than a mouthful of one brand of dog food after another.

Blue Buffalo has worked out well for all nine dogs so far. They have been doing fine eating it for over 2 years and are in excellent health.
I still cook for them a few days a week but I supplement the cooked food with Blue Buffalo and it has worked out well to date.

Convenience Concepts Designs4Comfort Sheridan Storage Bench with 2 Side Ottomans, Black
Price: $64.79
24 used & new from $58.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, November 4, 2011
This storage bench and ottoman set was purchased to use in a smaller game room with a low leather couch. It fits the purpose well.

The ottomans are a good height to use as foot rests for people seated on a sofa.They are very lightweight and so are clearly constructed to be used for this purpose only and do not have the structural support to function as regular seats... though we have used them for occasional extra seating for small children and they have stood up well so far.
Currently we have been using the set daily for 18 months and it is still in good condition.

The storage bench actually does work well as a coffee table, so much so that we ended up moving out a larger wooden coffee table and replacing it with the storage bench with tray upturned. (We had originally planned to use the bench for storage in a corner)

I noted a few customers mentioning the handles at the side of the tray being difficult to push out of sight.
What we did was to carefully flatten the handles to the side, bind them underneath with an old scarf so they were pulled tight and left it that way with the tray side up for a few days.

When we removed the scarf the handles stayed flat and are much easier to push underneath and conceal when flipping from bench top to tray side now.

I would suggest using coasters for heavy glasses or mugs, as the tray surface (like most flat tray surfaces) is likely to show scratches in time otherwise.

On a similar note, the bench and ottomans have handled spills and bumps from humans and large dogs well aside from minor scratches and scuffs which we are pleased about, as at this price it isn't reasonable to expect them to be indestructible.

For the price, the set is a good deal. In fact we were pleased enough with the purchase to order another set as a gift for a family member who also is very happy with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 7:09 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well as a light moisturizer for my sensitive skin, October 5, 2011
In the last several years I have tried at least 30 products for the under eye area, including many formulated specifically for sensitive skin. Without exception, I found that if the product worked well at moisturizing and hydrating, it would eventually cause redness and irritation to my temperamental combination type skin. The few brands that I've tried that didn't irritate also did not seem to add much moisture.

This is the first reasonably priced product I have found that hydrates the irritable skin around my eyes without leaving a heavy residue, yet does not cause redness, soreness, or irritation.

It goes on with a light silky texture and doesn't leave the heavy oily residue that some under eye moisturizing products I've tried cause, so if I use mascara or eyeliner it isn't as likely to leave me with the dreaded "raccoon eye" effect.

I should mention that if you are looking for intense moisturizing this might be too light for your needs, a friend of mine with very dry flaky skin tried it and felt it didn't offer enough deep hydration for her skin type.

Personally, I've used products that cost triple the price that were no better, so if you are looking for a light moisturizer for sensitive skin this one might be worth a try.

Caudalie Fleur de Vigne Energizing Fragrance 3.4 fl oz (100 ml)
Caudalie Fleur de Vigne Energizing Fragrance 3.4 fl oz (100 ml)
Offered by GREEK PRODUCT (Ships From Greece)
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and intriguing fragrance., July 9, 2010
This fragrance is one of the most unique and appealing that I have found in years.
The fruit notes are pleasant but without the "walking fruit salad" effect of certain other scents and the floral notes are lovely but not overly sweet or cloying.
I never get tired of it and have received more compliments on it than any I have worn (and I have a huge collection as I wear fragrance daily.)
A few days ago a 7 year old commented to me "The way your perfume smells makes me feel happy like when I think about vacation!"
It's never overpowering or too heavy to wear even on hot summer days.
As with any light fragrance, it does seem to wear off a bit sooner than heavy/musky fragrances, but I deal with that by applying some to a cotton ball or tissue and tucking it into a pocket (inside a bra works too.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2013 6:05 AM PDT