Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Authentic Opinion Only, Please > Reviews

Browse

Authentic Opinio...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 72

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Authentic Opinion Only, Please RSS Feed (Zion/Wauk./Wn.Hrbr,IL)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Information for Possible Buyers, March 21, 2007
The product that arrived was not the exact product pictured. The bell(s) were much much larger in scope than the picture currently being used. If you are looking for a large-size school bell this would meet your needs. This model that arrived is about 10 inches tall and the bell shape is much larger in diameter. Would suggest contacting seller prior to ordering. Seller was A+ and was very concerned and stated would make effort/attempt to have corrected picture placed by supplier. The body-style of the bell received is similar to that pictured but there are slight differences. Seller was extremely customer-service oriented in terms of speed of shipping, response to our emails, resolvement and courtesy. Knowing this information I would buy confidently from this seller again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2007 1:30 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly As Has Been Reviewed Prior: Excellent On All Counts, February 23, 2007
The product arrived well-packaged and within a good time turn-around from placing the order. Currently there is only one other review (from 2005) and I relied on it (review) to make my decision to order. Now I will "second" what the first review states: Very well-made, clear glass dome with leaf etchings (very delicate and pretty) and the pedestal platter is a very beautiful pinkish color, almost like the color of the "Depression-Pink" glass...somewhere is a French person I should say "Thanks" too...for this item is actuallly hand-blown glass!! It comes with a nice little note recommending hand-washing and we could tell within moments it is not an item to just place in the dishwasher and forget..it's not that it isn't sturdy, it's perfectly proportioned and very pleasing to the eye, it's just not that "heavy-duty" glass many of us in the U.S. are used to (like Anchor-Hocking)...so if you would like a great conversation piece that is hand-crafted and beautiful, highly recommend.

The Church That Never Sleeps: The Amazing Story That Will Change Your View of Church Forever
by Matthew Barnett
Price: $11.47
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars SCRIPTURE IN ACTION: Applicable To Us All, February 18, 2007
I was surprised to see this book was printed in the year 2000. The reason for the surprise is threefold: I firmly believe it is destined to become a classic so expected a higher sales number and currently there are only four reviews at amazon.com and lastly out of the four reviews ministry is mentioned often, yet the book is clearly intended for those who directly minister as well as for "the rest of us". To me, the hallmark of Matthew Barnett's work is the SINCERITY throughout, which was very refreshing. In the book, Matthew Barnett recounts how (at least at the time his book was published) it is common for other local churches to actually post signs stating "No Gang Members Allowed"!! Praise God that Our Lord does not place such constraints. "The Church That Never Sleeps" will awaken your mind, will and emotions to the Lord's calling for outreach and not only inreach in our daily lives. I enjoyed the many references to his relationship with his Father, Pastor Tommy Barnett, not because of "who they are" but because their Father-Son bond is a model for any parent at any time. A powerful reminder of how parents can influence their children by not only their action but their words and their time. This is slightly off-topic in a way but when Matthew's vast early and cumulative exposure to his Dad's Ministry is referred to, it caused me to recall a certain very young actor that people scoffed at for stating (on "The Tonight Show")his early exposure to the world of acting had prepared him to move into directing movies...two boys who grew to men, different backgrounds, influenced and influential, one goes on to Minister the Lord's work and the other films. Each has had a continuing impact on many lives as a response to their childhood and inner direction. Very interesting to me and this led to my further understanding we each have the same sort of choices to affect many on a daily basis. Which road will you allow The Lord to direct you? As a result of the book, I am very interested in checking out not only the L.A. Church but as well Rick Stoker of Wilmington, North Carolina, who relinquished a very successful career as a physician for college-level basketball teams in order to establish his own ministry. The book makes it so very clear even someone like me can help (disabled, chronic illness) even with small donations...I read once all those little errors the grocery stores make that customers rarely catch amounts to huge sums of money for the grocery business...hmmmm, I can choose small donations to help the Lord's outreach through these two individiuals. That is how the book inspired me. The book came to my attention courtesy of Joyce Meyer and her daily (televised locally, also via cable, also via radio, also via her website, including "podcast") program "Enjoying Everyday Life". Matthew Barnett was a recent guest. The one word that for me best describes this work is: sincerity. Destined to be a Classic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop! There is a new edition of this book title available, February 17, 2007
For current (and future) shoppers doing searches and/or clicking icons that might end-up on this page, Caution...this version, (although available used at the time of this review)is no longer in-print and an updated, newly published edition (including a different cover) is available. This edition of "Body Clutter" is 228-pages and was first published in October 2005. The most current edition (at the time of this note) is also listed as a First Edition because not only were there text changes,the publisher was a new one as well. The most current edition available at this time is 256-pages with a print date of January 02, 2007. It's a very well-reviewed book and anyone interested in this older item deserves to have the option of knowing an updated version is definitely available. (In my instance, I clicked an icon of this item which was provided on the Amazon.com home page but I happened to know the newer version was available. If you look closely, someone new to either the site or the topic would not find that information on this page). Cheers.

Body Clutter: Love Your Body, Love Yourself
Body Clutter: Love Your Body, Love Yourself
by Marla Cilley
Price: $13.87
333 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "If You Don't Do It-Who Will?"..Are YOU Ready?, February 15, 2007
"Body Clutter" stands out for being (to my current knowledge) the First to address, by women and for women (that does not mean it will not help a male, by-the-way) the composites of the lifestyles so many of us lead that either soon or eventually lead to very serious health problems. The very last line of the book is: "If you don't do it--who will?" and THIS is the key to understanding "Body Clutter" and its possible impact on your daily life..also if you are trying to decide if you want to purchase the book, please consider visiting [...] because you will find two free forms to print, one of which is named "Body Clutter Investigator"..one print copy and presto! you have the means of beginning your journey as well as getting some of the flavor of the book itself. By definition, "Body Clutter" does qualify as a diet book, it's just not your traditional diet book..it's a way-of-life book, a very well-thought and emotionally driven journey..we're ALL on a DIET by definition: ["1 a: food and drink regularly provided or consumed b: habitual nourishment c: the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason" (Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary) ]. In my opinion the book is also formatted well. It's also valuable to remember in reading reviews of a book such as "Body Clutter" the reviews often reveal our own and very individual expectations. And individual expectations affect how we perceive a book such as "Body Clutter". The authors and Kelly have produced a book well-worth three times the price with the map/guidelines to recovery contained therein..if you have (and I do) a significant history of abuse, it might take you longer, it might not..if you are at the point of the last line in the book: "If you don't do it--who will?" then please buy the book as soon as you can, you will not be disappointed. Something for everyone..if one section won't apply to you another will and the section that did not apply to you might help you understand someone else. It's interesting to me that although I had to take a break from the book it never occurred to me that it was the fault of the authors or the construction of the book. Just my opinion, I would suggest though that many lower-star reviews remind me of an old quote: "The fault, Dear Brutus, lies not in the stars, but in ourselves"..for the book does call for some deep soul-searching when necessary and applicable to your life situation. "Body Clutter" is just the special sort of book that can lead, guide and comfort you IF you're ready to start the journey to a new lifestyle. And, if you find you are not ready for one section, guaranteed you will find something you are ready to implement: "The secret to success is making very small, very consistent changes." And if control is an issue with you the book provides the support but the "key to the ignition" is in your hands at all times. BTW, Marla Cilley's Flying system is free and defies the old adage of "you get what you pay for", her system is invaluable and priceless. "Body Clutter" is a work of compassion and hard-won wisdom, a testimony in-and-of-itself to the ongoing personal growth and benefits of "FLYing" (Finally Loving Yourself). I strongly recommend anyone coping with organizational, cleaning, cooking, health and financial issues commit for a brief period of time (say, 60 days) to reading not only "Body Clutter" but subscribing to the "Flying" system as well. You won't know until you try what benefits might unexpectedly start appearing in your life as a result.

Charles in Charge: Season 1
Charles in Charge: Season 1
DVD ~ Scott Baio
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $9.93
56 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, The '80s, When I only Thought I had Problems and Woes!, February 6, 2007
This review is from: Charles in Charge: Season 1 (DVD)
For the diverse population that enjoyed "Charles in Charge" when first broadcast I am of the opinion the DVD will be a treat. A younger adult when the show first aired, I was surprised when, upon viewing it again in 2007, how it impacted me how much our culture has changed since "Charles in Charge" first aired...I guess the best way I can try to communicate what I felt/sensed was: "even in the 1980's were we this innocent" and my resounding response was "yes"...a time when theme songs were allowed to start, complete and end prior to the beginning of episodes, when entertainment on tv could still manage to be acceptable to almost any viewer in terms of content and portrayal..look, bottom-line if you watched it and enjoyed it when it first aired you'll still enjoy it but due to how things have changed it might take an episode or two to settle you back into the comfort zone you once so easily attained...then it will be a nice stress reliever, believe me...a nice "get-away-from-it-all" experience..and if you never viewed it but would like light and very well-done comedy with a family atmosphere, you won't be disappointed. Very talented cast for the first (and in my opinion also in the second and ongoing seasons) season, good writing, and the pairing of Scott Baio and Willie Ames abilities to mesh their acting talents with their characters' traits is a huge part of what has made this show a future classic. Only the passage of time ultimately determines what shows become cultural classics and I do believe "Charles In Charge" will emerge as a definitive 1980's classic...just like "Brady Bunch" is the classic 1970's family comedy (as opposed to "Partridge Family"), just like "All In The Family" (as opposed to "Maude")..you get the drift. You won't regret buying it...especially when you want to return to the 80's, bright colors, snappy lines, and no stress....I never sell well-done comedy that captures its time short. Thanks Scott Baio, Willie Ames and ALL involved with "Charles In Charge".

Gemco 4-Piece Flip Top Glass Condiment Collection with Turntable
Gemco 4-Piece Flip Top Glass Condiment Collection with Turntable

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent On All Aspects, February 5, 2007
I guess inadvertently I was able to get two sets at a sale price, just received them a couple days ago (had purchased two because the price was less than five) and the one review already existing sealed the decision. I came back to make certain to compliment this very well-made product, I see it is not currently at a sale price but just as an example if I had not already "taken a chance" and purchased two (on sale) I would be willing to pay the not-on-sale price, that is how well the item is made. It's pleasing to the eye and senses (mine, anyways) and the very first time you press the lever to "open" them it "feels" a bit difficult but I was so happy to discover that after the initial opening of the factory closure it's just effortless! It's constructed and designed very well and the turn tray is just right, and easily swivels. You can't go wrong with this item. Only one question: One of the items is a cheese shaker. Belatedly I remembered all parmesan and romano shaker cheeses state to refrigerate the product after opening....this led to my then wondering why pizza restaurants in particular leave their cheese shakers out..is it fake cheese they're using..but I'm getting off-topic so: since I want to be able to leave this set out intact, I decided to fill the cheese shaker with red pepper flakes..very attractive and no concern over spoilage. An A+ for this product. I'm glad we have purchased two and I'm looking at more items from this company as well. OH forgot to state that the lids, the part you cannot see of the lids in the picture, have varying pouring holes in them which was also pleasing. You know, just the right amount for the sugar, just the right amount of openings for the salt, etc., etc. AND it's dishwasher safe as well. AND the lids do fit "just right" not too tight not too lose, the levers operate flawlessly, the little tray is balanced and operates very smoothly...the glass is very clear and well made...even at the current price this little unit is still an outstanding value. I can't think of any drawbacks to this item which frankly is not usual for me. Hope this information is of help to others not wanting to be disappointed yet again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2007 5:27 PM PST

OXO Good Grips Bag Clips, Set-of-4, Multicolored
OXO Good Grips Bag Clips, Set-of-4, Multicolored
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars PURCHASE WITHOUT WORRY OR QUESTIONS, February 5, 2007
We recently ordered and received another batch of these high-performance clips from Oxo. We already had a set from years back. I came to write a review and started scanning reviews and was startled at how many less-than-fair star ratings are accumulating and read them. Well, almost all are of the nature of "you can buy binder clips for less" and one is from a consumer who was unhappy that the clips would not support kitchen TOWELS, another unhappy because they roll their snack bags and the clips couldn't accommodate the "girth" of the roll, if you will. DON'T be concerned about purchasing these clips, just look forward to receiving them.. they would make a nice small gift or a great little addition to a gift basket, we've had the first set for more than four years and they still look NEW, their grip is still secure, they brighten up the kitchen, they are easy to use, I've never had to clean them except for occasional "wipe-off", we already have our second set purchased very recently and they are just as outstanding as the old ones, let me put it this way: The OLD ones are EQUAL to the NEW ones in EVERY way...how many times can you say that about an additional purchase of a favored item?? Buy without remorse, concern or guilt. Especially if you prefer kitchen items that cheer up you and your kitchen rather than binder clips (which I despise unless forced to use binder clips for an inch or more of paper, I've been "snapped" by them countless times and furthermore they're not intended for kitchen use where moisture could occur (i.e., rust), also small children can't handle binder clips easily and the smaller ones could pose a problem..esp. for toddlers.I'm not for binder clips in the kitchen). If there were a higher rating than five-stars I would give the highest rating possible to this product. I just don't like to see product ratings that are low due to unrelated issues of the product.

All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Double Burner Grande 13-Inch X 20-Inch Griddle Specialty Cookware, 20-Inch, Black
Price: $99.95
30 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I Want To Buy More Of This Item (in varying sizes), January 16, 2007
Recently purchased this in mid-2006 and it is the best cookware item I have ever owned and used. As one of those millions who rely on mid-line priced discount department store brands, I can state with 100% certainty I was amazed (and still am) with the high-performance this item offers! The clean-up is still a dream-come-true, all I have to do is get it in the sink and with a very very small amount of liquid dish detergent clean and rinse, it practically cleans itself. My burners are all equal size (gas stove) and highest setting is "6" I have learned all I have to do for pancakes is level 3!! Cooking bacon, an entire pound, is no problem for this cookware. I do want to purchase more of this item, there is a smaller griddle version of this item also available. I'm even thinking of slowly switching to this brand "All-Clad" nonstick!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2011 5:49 PM PST

Invasion - The Complete Series
Invasion - The Complete Series
DVD ~ Various
Offered by Pure n Simple
Price: $13.99
40 used & new from $4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars 5-STAR SERIES GETS -0 NETWORK TREATMENT, August 16, 2006
As anyone reviewing this product knows, the show was excellent. But evidently we're just anyones, that trifling percentage of the population that endearingly thinks because a show is well-writen, well-produced, well-acted, well..come on, this is ABC...we as the viewers aren't even worth informing..duh..first it was on, then it wasn't on, then it was repeats, then it wasn't, ooops, it disappeared again...and to date apparently no viewers including myself know if this was a production flaw, or a network conspiracy, methinks the story-behind-the-story would make a good mini-series -- anyone notice how ABC gave the show no ad time, then some ad-time, then even when it was on, no ad time? We hope the show would continue either on another network OR on dvd. Still: what happened? It's as if with some shows no matter how good they are the networks will not back them, period.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8