Profile for Kristen Nicole > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kristen Nicole RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick
Price: $39.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Should be called The Buffering Stick instead., December 9, 2014
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
I was beyond excited for this to arrive, and considering I pre-ordered it, I felt like my wait was forever. (The half off price I received as a Prime Member made me happy enough to wait it out). As a matter of fact, I was so excited to get a Fire TV Stick, I ended ordering two! I stream media basically 24/7 in my house, and my beloved PS2 had finally bit the dust, so this was my new adventure. I won't even mention the shipping problems, since they as for that review separately, but lets just say, I didn't have a pleasant experience. When I FINALLY was able to plug my Fire Stick in for the first time, my BRAND NEW, JUST REALEASED device had to update. Wait, what? Why is there an update already for something I pre-ordered and received upon it's debut? The update felt miserably slow, then failed, and had to start all over again. When it finally opened, I have to say that set up and use were quite easy. As a matter of fact, even my 4 year old has gotten the hang of using this, and we have had it 5 days total. But in these 5 days, the device buffers constantly. And for those who want to say that it's my internet connection...wrong. My former PS2, my Blu-ray players with wifi capability (in rooms much further from my router), my laptops, my cell phones, and my iPad do not have any problems with connectivity or speed. The internet service I have is optimum for movie streaming, and has never caused a problem in the past. The buffering on the Fire Stick is constant, and very annoying. I have yet to make it through one movie or show without this constant loading, and have even had one movie stop playing all together. I had read reviews about how fast this device was...well, that is not my experience.

I give this device 2 stars for ease of use, how discrete it is behind my TV, and for the idea behind it all. If it worked reliably, this would be an amazing media streaming device...but the truth is, it doesn't. What a disappointment Amazon.

Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor withColor LCD Screen (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Lanmark Products
Price: $296.95
7 used & new from $295.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great.., November 13, 2014
Worked great...for all of 3 weeks. Waste of very good money. Too bad we waited so long to open it, otherwise we would've immediately returned it. The sound stopped working for no reason, which for a sleeping parent is the most important feature. How horrible to wake up to find your young child screaming and crying while the monitor right next to you is silent. Don't waste your money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2014 11:58 AM PST

Duck Dynasty Season 1 [HD]
Duck Dynasty Season 1 [HD]
Price: $28.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple entertainment, November 13, 2014
The Robertson family is adorable and entertaining in a simple kind of way. If you want TV that doesn't require much thought, and can provide a laugh from time to time, give this show a try!

ecoTOOLS Make-Up Kabuki Brush Set
ecoTOOLS Make-Up Kabuki Brush Set
Offered by BeautyTime
Price: $11.90
10 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the girl on the go!, April 22, 2014
If you are looking for a perfect kabuki brush set that is affordable and convenient on the go...you have found the one for you! These brushes are soft and of great quality. I love that they are small enough to throw into a make up bag without worrying about trying to fit the handles in. The concealer brush so far is my favorite. It glides my makeup on flawlessly and without any harsh lines. Anyone who needs a diverse set of brushes to help with the many steps it sometimes takes to perfect flawed skin...this is definitely the set for you!

e.l.f.Studio high definition powder translucent, 0.28 Ounce
e.l.f.Studio high definition powder translucent, 0.28 Ounce
Price: $5.99
24 used & new from $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars HD powder, April 22, 2014
Buying powder online is a little unsettling, considering matching skin tones and such, so obviously buying a white powder was a little easier for me than one that is my skin tone. The product arrived, and I really liked the container it came in. This product is so weightless and glides on so easily. It sets my make up perfectly, and doesn't seem as if I have any extra product on at all. I like that it keeps me from getting the cakey look that I often find from other powders that are made to match my foundation. This keeps my makeup flawless for hours and doesn't settle into any fine lines. I can't believe the price considering the quality of this product. You won't regret this purchase, that's for sure.

NYX Cosmetics Concealer Jar, Beige, 0.24 Ounce
NYX Cosmetics Concealer Jar, Beige, 0.24 Ounce
Price: $4.99
10 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Full coverage INDEED!, April 22, 2014
I'm very picky when it comes to concealers, and did a lot of research before purchasing this one. I was a bit weary about picking a concealer online without being able to test it out first. I am so glad I read the reviews and went with this one. It definitely is hitting the nail on the head when it says it is "FULL coverage". The concealer goes on thick without creasing, and is perfect for under the eyes. I was worried it would settle into my fine lines and laugh lines around my eyes, but it doesn't! The dramatic difference it makes for giving me the "wide awake" look, is unbeatable...especially for the price! I apply this after my foundation, under eyes, with a concealer brush. I follow it up with an HD loose face powder to help set it, and I don't have to worry about creasing for the entire day. I cannot boast enough about this product. As a matter of fact, my mother in law watched me put this product on, and couldn't believe how big of a difference it made! Seeing is believing folks!

EcoTools Deluxe Fan Brush, 1.16 Ounce
EcoTools Deluxe Fan Brush, 1.16 Ounce
Price: $6.99
11 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars EcoTools Deluxe Fan Brush, April 22, 2014
While searching for make-up brushes that wouldn't break the bank, I came across this brand. The reviews were good and the price was right, so I made the purchase. I have not been using these brushes for long, so I will update my review as to their longevity later...but quality wise, I am LOVING my purchase. The brush is very soft, and definitely does everything it advertises. The bristles are not falling out while I use it, which is something I definitely am happy about. My mother-in-law bought a set of these brushes and faithfully used them for three years. She swears by this brand, and so far, I'm loving my experience too!

Belly Bandit Couture, Nude/Plaid, Small
Belly Bandit Couture, Nude/Plaid, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., March 19, 2014
I am a non-believer, turned PREACHER with this product. Yes, it is pricey, but it is worth EVERY penny! Listen ladies, (and gentlemen who care about their wives self esteem) do yourself a favor, and order this BEFORE having your baby. I have a history with hemorrhaging after having my children, and was very worried about anything that would apply pressure to my abdominal area after childbirth. My doctor and the postpartum nursing all agreed this was a safe product for me to use. (If you have the same problem, please don't use this review as an excuse not to get the "okay" from your doctor first please). I immediately began wearing this after having my son, and literally left the hospital in my pre-pregnancy size 4 jeans!!! I cannot sing the praises of this product enough. I quickly "outgrew" (more like shrunk out of) this and had to buy a smaller size. Considering I had one baby without using the belly bandit postpartum, and now with using it, I can say there is a big difference! Trust me, you won't regret the purchase!

Matrix Keratin Dose Pro-Keratin Renewal Leave-In Spray 6.7 oz
Matrix Keratin Dose Pro-Keratin Renewal Leave-In Spray 6.7 oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly does what it is supposed to do, March 19, 2014
I received a 1oz. bottle of the Matrix Keratin Dose Pro-Keratin Renewal from my hairdresser as a sample after a haircut. After years of bleaching my hair to the point of platinum blonde, and then moving to an area with very hard water...my hair was beginning to look pretty damaged. I let this sample bottle sit in my bathroom cabinet for almost a year. Then one day, after looking in the mirror at hair that was beginning to frizz for the first time in my lifetimes, I pulled that little bottle out. What a lifesaver! The change was IMMEDIATE! I have received so many compliments on the quality of my hair since using this product. Now, every night after getting out of the shower, I spray this in my hair, and my preschool-age daughter's hair as well. We have very fine hair, and have always had problems with tangling. I've tried everything on her hair, and yet every time I took a brush to her head, we struggled. After spraying this product sparingly on her hair, I have no problem getting a brush through it, and we no longer have to fight over whether to leave her hair looking like a wildchild or not. Thank you for Matrix for no more rat's nests in my beautiful princesses' hair!!!!

Robeez Kid's Cozy Ankle Bootie (Infant/Toddler), Navy Plaid, 0-6 Months (1-2 M US Infant)
Offered by Baby SuperMall
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Robeez, but I love these boots even more., March 19, 2014
These boots are by far my most favorite purchase I've made for my son! I have been slipping them on his feet since he was a newborn, and now at 7 months, they are just becoming snug. (I definitely need to get the next size up!!!) I have received so many compliments on how adorable they are, and he doesn't seem to mind that I put them on him all the time! He is a hot-natured boy, and with living in south texas, our air conditioner is ALWAYS blowing. The problem with that is, I can't dress him in too much without him sweating, but his toes get cold. After a week of him kicking off socks every night in his bed, I decided to put these on him to sleep in. What a fabulous idea this turned out to be! He doesn't mind them, doesn't kick them off, and they don't make him overheat. They have been such a blessing for this sleep-deprived momma who was getting up multiple times in a night just to put socks back on my poor baby's feet. I just love Robeez, but these have been my favorite purchase so far between both him and my daughter's many pairs!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5