Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Rachel > Reviews

Browse

Rachel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rachel RSS Feed (Ohio)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky
Price: $13.03
473 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It's One of My Favorites..., September 21, 2009
I honestly don't understand how people think so lowly of this book that they must give it 1 star... But to each his own...

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of my favorite books for so many reasons.
I really like the fact that we don't know who "Charlie" is writing to, because it just leaves more room to think. Or what anyone's real name is; it shows that their names don't really matter. We can identify with the characters no matter what they are called.
I also really like Charlie, because I think the introvert inside of all of us can relate to him. Everyone, especially us teenagers, has times where we feel awkward and lonely and depressed. But we also have those amazing moments, where we truly do feel infinite just like Charlie.
I find Charlie's simple appreciations and innocence very admirable, and it's one of the reasons why I like him so much.
As for the people who say that this book addresses too many issues and simply drops them, this book isn't supposed to be about just one certain issues directed at a certain audience. To me, this book is addressing human nature and life itself, as cliche as that sounds.
People also complain about the way Charlie uses quotation marks whenever he uses slang. I'm pretty sure Chbosky didn't put those there because he wasn't sure how to use them. He was there in the early 90s, too. He knows how it worked. I feel that Charlie used those quotations again showing his awkward side, and the way CHARLIE wasn't sure of them. Keep in mind that he uses correct grammar. There are teenagers who know what that is.

Also, for people who may skip epilogues (why?!): The epilogue is, I feel, important to the story if you feel like you want to be able to identify him even more. As he says, it's not made him who he is today... but I feel that it definitely puts some pieces together.

Blues Glasses Costume Accessory
Blues Glasses Costume Accessory
Offered by MyLux Connection
Price: $4.32
13 used & new from $2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 1, 2009
Firstly,the glasses shipped faster than I expected them to, within 5 days.
They are great quality, very sturdy and came with a nice little pouch/ cleaner to put them in.
To get them cleanest, I put the glasses inside and clean that way.
They are a little dim, but you can't really tell. I wore them for three days before someone pointed out that they were tinted. They aren't any where close to being as dark as sunglasses.

I wear these glasses more than I probably should. It's practically a daily basis that you'll see me wearing them. I go out to eat and shop with them on sometimes. You get plenty of double takes! Ha ha.
I'm very pleased with this purchase and would recommend these glasses to anyone who has a use for them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2009 10:42 AM PDT

I, Me, Mine
I, Me, Mine
by George Harrison
68 used & new from $30.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, January 31, 2009
This review is from: I, Me, Mine (Paperback)
I, Me, Mine is a good book for a fan of George Harrison who may not know much about him. Written by George himself along with his friend Derek Taylor, the book features an autobiographical section, a photo album (with captions in the back), and the lyrics of all of George's songs that had been written up to that point along with a written passage about each song by George himself.
I particularly liked the idea that this book wasn't only an autobiography. I loved being able to see the (sometimes) original lyrics to George's songs and reading what they were about, or how he felt about them.