Profile for J. Donaldson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 465

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Donaldson "Cal-diver" RSS Feed (Redding, CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)
Price: $29.99
74 used & new from $28.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy. Please read many 1, 2 and 3 star reviews before ordering this one., July 9, 2014
This is way too heavy to mount on my motherboard. After receiving it I was much too concerned about the weight factor damaging my motherboard. My CPU is vertical so all of this weight would be hanging off to the side. Then I began to look at the list of 1 and 2 star reviews and learned that many people had screws break off and the mount not being tight enough for the tubes to make good contact with the CPU, which again I related to weight. Heck even the 3 star reviews aren't encouraging. I blame myself for not digging deeper.

I have a CPU / Motherboard problem that is driving me crazy. The computer has been whisper quiet for 6 years. Now the CPU slightly overheats (58C), the motherboard mis-reads and kicks the CPU fan from minimum speed to max RPMs, at a sound level that is quite unpleasant, for about 45 seconds every 5 minutes or so during which time I don't see the CPU temp change. I've tried fan controllers, dual fans, looked into liquid cooling, but nothing works. I hate to spend on a new motherboard, CPU, and memory just because of a noisy fan. I thought the 212EVO would be the answer.

My main concern is keeping the CPU cool (no overclocking here) but I need it to be quiet as the tower sits right next to my display. Then I read about noisy fans and many fan failures.

In the end I was just going to send it back but... I paid $20.20 for it and Amazon quoted $9.95 to ship it back. It will cost me about $5 in gas to bring it to the nearest UPS store too. So I'm just keeping it and eating the $20. I'm not even going to try to install it. I should have read more of the 1, 2 and 3 star reviews but the star graph showed that many people were happy with this so I didn't read enough of the reviews. My fault.

This cooler is also very tall and would not fit inside my case. I normally don't leave the side of the case on anyway, so I was willing to deal with that issue.

27 LED work light,yellow
27 LED work light,yellow
Offered by AIBOCN
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, well constructed, lasts a long time on a set of batteries., July 9, 2014
This review is from: 27 LED work light,yellow (Misc.)
I had one of these but my little son broke the rubber switch cover. I really liked it and used it often. When I saw the three pack it was perfect to replace my broken one.

The 27 LEDs are very bright. We have a 1/4 acre slope behind our house. This flashlight will easily light up all the way down the hill.

The magnet or hook can come in handy in the right circumstance.

Frankly I don't use the three LED light on the end so its a bother to me to have to push the button three times to get to the 27 LED side. That's not too big a deal though so I wouldn't take a star off, especially at this price! Wow!

I put fresh AAA batteries in each of them. I was using one of these lights to work on my desktop computer. I forgot to turn it off when I went outside to spend some time with my 4-year-old son. Two hours later I returned to the desktop computer and the light was still just as bright as it was when I left it.

I highly recommend these flashlights.

My Utmost for His Highest, Updated Edition
My Utmost for His Highest, Updated Edition
Price: $8.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. Challenging and thought provoking., July 4, 2014
For Christian daily devotions they don't come much better than this. Oswald Chambers challenges my mind and makes me think in deeper ways every time I read one of these entries. This has been a standard for many years.

Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII [Download]
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII [Download]
Price: $8.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Great if you are looking for a detailed simulator, not so great if all you want to do is simply fly and shoot., July 4, 2014
You have to be a very dedicated flight simulator consumer to get through the difficulties of playing this title. I was very disappointed that I was forced to go through many steps of training before I could start to play the game. All I really wanted was to fly and shoot. I really didn't need a precise accurate simulator.

If you're really into detailed airplane operation and behavior this will be a great game for you. The quality of the graphics is great, sound is good, there are many user controls and settings.

So decide before you jump into buying this title. Are you willing to spend hours learning intricate controls and go through many training sessions then by all means buy it. If you're like me and just want some fun flying an airplane while shooting at enemy planes then be cautious because the effort involved here is great.

True Temper 1914000 Adjustable Thatching Rake with 54-Inch Wood Handle
True Temper 1914000 Adjustable Thatching Rake with 54-Inch Wood Handle
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $37.50
8 used & new from $37.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for intended use, July 4, 2014
This has two sides. One is better for thatch removal, the other side is good for cultivating the soil a bit.

I've been able to use this rake to prepare hard soil for grass seed planting.

It is sturdy, well designed, and manufactured with good materials.

Dolphin Tale
Dolphin Tale
DVD ~ Harry Connick Jr.
Price: $7.50
23 used & new from $1.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for children, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Dolphin Tale (DVD)
Good story based on actual facts and events but only loosely so. Good for little children. Very light weight story. Fun and entertaining.

WWII in HD Season 1 [HD]
WWII in HD Season 1 [HD]
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good WWII footage and commentary., July 4, 2014
Pretty good WWII footage and narration. As much as I've read, watched, and listened to about WWII there always seems to be something new to discover. This series was a wealth of facts.

My only complaint was how the episodes kept switching between the war in the Pacific and the war in Europe. I would have preferred they stuck to one for half the episode and the other for the remainder rather than every few minutes making a switch.

SMAKN® New Gold Plated Hdmi Female to Dvi-d Male Video Adaptor
SMAKN® New Gold Plated Hdmi Female to Dvi-d Male Video Adaptor
Offered by Moon Tech
Price: $3.99
9 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job., July 4, 2014
Just what I needed. The quality of this adapter couldn't be better. It did what is is designed to do.

My desktop computer went down. I'm using my laptop in it's place but it only had HDMI out. My 24" external display thought HDMI must be a TV output so the resolution was limited. Using this adapter I was able to take the HDMI out of my laptop and plug it into the DVI-D input on my monitor. Now I have full resolution on the monitor.

If you need an HDMI to DVI-D adapter I highly recommend this one.

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Offered by SUPER CLOSEOUT
Price: $16.99
87 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit is good, sound is good, price is good. That's all I need., July 4, 2014
Update July 10, 2014
The EarPods were delivered and they appear to be OEM Apple; if they aren't I'd have no way of telling. They came packaged in a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" plastic case with an Apple logo on the bottom. It looked very "Apple."

The EarPods look and work exactly like my old ones - except these have volume buttons and a control button for pause/play and advance.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

Original review...
I received a pair of Apple EarPods with the iPod Touch 5th gen I purchased September 2012. On those EarPods there is no microphone or buttons. They have worked well all 22 months, and I use them daily for between 1 and 5 hours each day. Finally the wires at the plug end of the cable are beginning to lose contact so I came here looking for a new pair.

I was pleased to find these Apple OEM EarPods for only $17 (shipped) including the microphone and buttons. I expected to pay $29. I realize, from other user reviews, that the buttons won't work on my Samsung Galaxy S3 which is no big deal to me.

Certainly the fit is dependent on ear shape. I do think Apple did their best to design a shape that will work well for the majority of purchasers. In my case they are very comfortable. I don't get tired of using them even after hours of use. They sound great but my most common use by far is not music so the sound quality isn't so critical.

I must have 10 or more earbuds in the drawer. They all sit unused. I only wear the EarPods. I'm not an Apple fanboy. I did switch from Apple to Samsung/Android. But I give Apple credit for doing a good job of designing the EarPods. One thing I really like is there is nothing that can come apart - no silicone covers or such.

My only concern at this point is I have not received this order yet. I hope what I receive are new Apple OEM EarPods and not some knockoff or refurbished pair. A few reviews have indicated they did not receive new Apple EarPods.I I will tweak this review when I receive the EarPods.

I highly recommend Apple EarPods.

Taylor Made Products Boat-Vent II Boat Cover Vent
Taylor Made Products Boat-Vent II Boat Cover Vent
Offered by Minnesota Fan Store
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, easy to install., June 30, 2014
My universal boat cover doesn't breathe, but it is waterproof. When I open the cover it can be very hot under the cover, and there are gas fume odors.

I purchased two of these vents. I Installed them in less than 10 minutes. The quality of the vents is very good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20