Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for M. Killion > Reviews

Browse

M. Killion's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Killion "Melodrama lover" RSS Feed (Salinas, CA USA)

Saturn 3
Saturn 3
DVD
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Wheal and peditate, Hector, March 13, 2016
This review is from: Saturn 3 (Amazon Video)
I wanted to give this movie at least three stars. I watched the movie last night and although I would not want Hector to greet me at the top of the stairs, that's where the fun and goosebumps ended for me. I saw this movie on the late late show years ago and wondered this time if some scenes were cut from last night's version. Clearly the brief nudity in a shower scene was cut. But why was the captain on Saturn 3? He stated it was to build Hector to get the alternative food source program back on track. I suppose once the captain got a look at tanned and toned Alex, he thought he'd help himself to a little something too. The dialogue was a bit silly at times, the sequences were disjointed, and no one cared what happened to the dog, really. I love Kirk Douglas and he gave it his all in characterization and physical strength and agility. Farrah Fawcett's acting was straight out of Charlie's Angels. It was hard to believe at this point she would garner raves for The Burning Bed and Extremities later. She pranced around either semi-nude, in jogging suits or a flowing white see-through sheet. The special effects were quite good for 1980. The set of Saturn 3 was extensive, filled with assorted mechanical gadgets, and lots of robotics. When we see the research Adam and Alex were attempting, when not in bed together, it is easy to see why Hector was necessary. I cannot say the ending was predictable. There is mild violence and some blood. No real sex scenes either, which I appreciate. I recommend seeing this movie. Why not? There are worse films out there. Definitely not on par with Star Wars but what the heck. And who can forget "wheal and peditate?"

Pavilion Gift 49010 You and Me Tea for One Teapot Set by Jessie Steele
Pavilion Gift 49010 You and Me Tea for One Teapot Set by Jessie Steele
Price: $24.90
6 used & new from $19.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea anyone?, February 3, 2015
This is a really cute teapot for one. Well made and sturdy but handle with care and hand wash. I got this for my high school age daughter who loves all things French and all things tea ttime. This might be the only item that isn't left in her room brewing a science experiment.

Doctor Who Tardis Teapot 25oz
Doctor Who Tardis Teapot 25oz
Offered by Better service stores
Price: $31.78
19 used & new from $24.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, must have item, February 3, 2015
This teapot is incredible and a complete surprise for my daughter. She is a college sophomore and was heading back to the Pasadena area on January 9th. I was told the item will ship, from the UK, between January 9th and 22nd. I was gobsmacked when it arrived on December 23rd! It was packaged in a box labeled "army troopers" so it was not only intriguing but did not give away the actual contents. A must have item for Doctor Who fans!

Father's Little Dividend 16x9 Widescreen TV.
Father's Little Dividend 16x9 Widescreen TV.
DVD ~ Spencer Tracy
Price: $14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible copy, July 18, 2010
I bought this copy Christmas of 2009. It is unwatchable. During the kitchen scene where Kay's parents are discussing she and Buckley move in with them, the audio gets stuck like a scratched vinyl record and repeats over and over ad nauseum. The picture freezes then suddenly the audio continues normally but the picture is still frozen. I've checked my player and the copy and can't find anything wrong with the player. Unfortunately I held onto the copy too long to get a refund or exchange. My dvd of "Father of the Bride" which I bought as a package deal cost less but is a great copy. Even if the audio and video didn't get stuck on "FLD", the copy has not been digitally remastered. The picture is washed out and the audio sounds cheap. Lines running through the copy as well. Unwatchable!

Strangers When We Meet
Strangers When We Meet
DVD ~ Kirk Douglas
16 used & new from $62.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem over and over again, April 27, 2010
This review is from: Strangers When We Meet (DVD)
The theme music and opening scenes grab me right from the start. I always give the opening scenes my full attention. The bus stop, the moms well dressed they don't have to worry about running into someone they know and looking like they just finished cleaning out the garage, painting the entire house and bathed an English sheepdog. And it's not just because it's a movie. People were a bit more attractive then. I don't really see the chemistry between Larry and Maggie. He's seems to feel more for her. I didn't really see him leaving his family for her until the scene when he's handing over the housekeys to Roger Altar. I was surprised to find Maggie wanting things to stay the way they are.

One reviewer suggested Maggie's husband may be impotent or turned off because of the encounter she had with the young truck driver. I don't think her husband knew. I will add my thoughts on why her husband may have been such a reluctant lover. The bedroom scene where Maggie tries to entice her husband. His final reply is "Margaret we can't just..." Believe it or not, he may have been raised to believe that sex without procreation was wrong. Maybe they had decided not to have more than one child, therefore, sex was unnecessary. It wouldn't play to today's audience but I think it works well although a bit puzzling, in this movie. After all, Maggie did marry the "first nice boy who came along" according to her mother.

I love the snappy dialogue, the set decoration at the Coe house and Altar's apartment.

Barbara Rush is particularly well cast as is Helen Gallagher although she has a smaller part. The friendship between Altar and Coe is very touching and feels real to me. And I believe Altar as a writer. The whole movie evokes a time gone by. When cheating spouses were a bit more aware of their standing not only in the eyes of their families but in the community as well.

As for Felix, wow, where do I start? He tells his young son Brucie to "love 'em all" but really I think he regards all women as just a piece of meat and Eve is just another piece. She gives no indication she's an "easy mark". Every time I hear Feliz say "tell me architect, how am I any different from you"? I always answer back to the TV that "Maggie wanted what she got". He's actually a woman hater and love has nothing to do with the act.

Like I said, a gem over and over. I feel a bit of a voyeur watching the characters interact. I feel like I know these people. That their lives are playing out around me. And my sensibilities say for Larry to stay with his family. Maggie I believe will go on and on as she has been. She'll find another Larry and another and another. Never wanting to leave her husband but not being fulfilled either. Which is worse than Larry's decision.