Profile for Shopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shopper RSS Feed (Manhattan Beach, CA USA)

Kokuyo Harinacs Japanese Stapleless Stapler Pink
Kokuyo Harinacs Japanese Stapleless Stapler Pink
Offered by Japan quality KGS
Price: $11.22
66 used & new from $6.11

2.0 out of 5 stars A good idea poorly executed, July 21, 2014
I love the possibility of "stapling" papers without a staple, but this product does not accomplish the goal very well. First, you have to insert the paper as far as possible into the stapler to give it enough room to perform the punching function, and the resulting staple "punch" takes up a comparatively significant amount of room on the paper. The punch is not small and discrete like a stapler. Second, the punch is not executed as sharply and crisply as shown in the photos. The stapler I received makes holes that look kind of ragged, as though I'd made them manually rather than with a tool designed for the purpose. Also, punched papers cannot be easily separated as they can with a standard staple. Too bad.

Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme 8.5 oz
Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme 8.5 oz
Offered by Beautogen
Price: $33.75
19 used & new from $26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Defining? Not so much., June 25, 2014
I like Bumble and Bumble -- I can't do my 'do without their Styling Creme. But this stuff is worthless. Instead of "defining" my wavy hair, it weighs it down and makes it look greasy. The scent is also off-putting. Yuk. I'm bummed I ever purchased this $29 bottle of stinky goo.

Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
by Andrew Doughty
Price: $11.01
82 used & new from $8.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of Date, April 9, 2014
I bought this 2013 edition for my family's' April 2014 trip to Maui and relied on it to my detriment. For example, my family wanted to attend a luau. We decided on the Westin Wailele Luau because the book says it has some "positive things going on, "including that "You get table service instead of lining up for a buffet." This was important to us as our party included seniors and children. But there is no table service for food, only for drinks. And when I asked an employee when they had switched to a buffet, she said, "About three years ago!" So in 2011, two years before the book was published, the luau changed from table service to a buffet. Thanks a lot Maui Revealed. (The "updates" on the Maui Revealed website also do not indicate this update, or very many others for that matter, which makes one wonder how diligent the authors are about keeping the book current.) On top of that the Westin Wailele Luau pretty much sucked. The food was so-so, the emcee not funny at all, and the dancers boring. In addition to misdirecting us regarding the luau, the book was absolutely no help in determining where we should stay. We ended up booking at the Ka'anapali Ali'i which was a good decision for us. Our large condo had a full kitchen, a great ocean view from the lanai, a washer/dryer, large living spaces, updated furnishings, etc. And the staff was very helpful. But that was all thanks to TripAdvisor, not Maui Revealed. Another reviewer called this book a waste of money and urged potential buyers to consult the internet. I'm a faithful guide-book buyer, but I have to agree. Maui Revealed is not worth the money. In fact, by following its recommendations, we wasted time and money on activities that we would have otherwise avoided.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2014 8:11 AM PDT

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick Speak Your Mind 0.12 oz
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick Speak Your Mind 0.12 oz
Offered by PureTummy
Price: $18.00
10 used & new from $14.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad packaging, November 18, 2013
I got a sample of this lipstick at a fair. I liked it, so I ordered a tube. The lipstick is fine, but the tube itself makes me want to throw the whole thing against the wall. The diameter of the inside of the tube is noticeably bigger than the diameter of the lipstick, which means that when you apply any pressure to the lipstick -- like when you try to put it on your lips! -- the side pushes against the tube and cuts the product. This not only wastes the product, which isn't very big to begin with, it also makes putting on the lipstick more difficult. I expect the lipstick to actually break off in the next application or two. Not worth the money or aggravation. Try Laura Mercier instead. They have similar colors, larger lipsticks, and much better packaging for about the same price.

Capresso 464.05 CoffeeTeam GS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder
Price: $169.95
37 used & new from $64.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Grinder died after 18 months, March 6, 2012
I was generally happy with this grind/brew coffee machine (although the grinder is loud enough to wake the dead) until the grinder motor when kaput after only 18 months of use. That may sound like a reasonable time for a hard-working grinder to last, but mine wasn't hard-working. I didn't use the machine to make coffee every day (maybe every other day) and more than half of the time I used already-ground coffee. Unfortunately, Capresso only has a one year warranty. Looks like I'll be dusting off my cheap-o Target brewer until I find a more reliable grind/brewer. Or at least one that has a longer warranty.

Gateway LT2021u 10.1-Inch Red Netbook - 3 Hour Battery Life
Gateway LT2021u 10.1-Inch Red Netbook - 3 Hour Battery Life

1.0 out of 5 stars You'll get more satisfaction flushing your $$$ down the toilet, December 10, 2010
I bought this netbook for my daughter for Christmas in 2009. She treated it well, paid for an anti-virus service and only used it sporadically. Nonetheless, by Thanksgiving 2010, it would not boot up. Her dad took it to the Geek Squad today and found out the hard drive needed to be replaced -- a cost of $200. The d*mn netbook "only" cost $300 brand new! And of course, the warranty has expired. But from what another reviewer wrote, I wouldn't have expected much service from Gateway even if the warranty was still in effect. I'm writing this review on a MacBook I've had for three years and used daily. More expensive? Sure. But worth every penny given its reliability.

Built E-SSC-MDT Soft-Shell Camera Case (Micro Dot)
Built E-SSC-MDT Soft-Shell Camera Case (Micro Dot)

2.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than they say, March 10, 2010
This case is small. I carefully measured the dimensions of my Lumix DMC-LX (4.5 x 2.5 x 2) and scouted for a case. Amazon says the dimensions of this case (presumably the exterior ones) are 4.8 x 3.2 x 2 inches. I figured that would be sufficient allowance for my camera, particularly since some reviews of Built products say the material stretches. Wrong! It was like trying to stuff a sausage back into the casing. I like the style of the case, but will have to go for a bigger size.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Yuk, February 16, 2009
I bought Emergen-C after my doctor recommended it. She described it as a fruity treat. All I can say is "Yuk." I don't want this treat! I'd much rather chew on my regular old Vitamin C pills than drink this vile swill. What's wrong with it? Oddly enough, it's mild tasting so as not to offend (I got the lemon lime) yet not strong enough to cover up whatever it is the flavor is trying to cover up. And it's fizzy on top of that. So, it's like weak lemonade which is not bad in itself, but with an underlying flavor that you really don't want to taste. Plus, the package says to drink 2 to 4 times daily at 25 calories a pop. I don't think so! I'm giving it two stars rather than one because I realize some people might like this type of "fruity treat" and I'm sure it gets the job done Vitamin C-wise, it's just not for me.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just don't get the black!, December 2, 2007
My husband got some tan Koolaburra Zumas for me after I slipped and fell in my old slippers when I was six months pregnant. The Zumas are sturdy, warm, comfortable and kinda cute. Most importantly, I never slipped in them! I highly recommend these shoes, but NOT in black. I loved my tan ones so much I got a second pair in black, however, the black dye came off on my feet, even after months of trying to rub it off by wearing old socks in them. This was very disappointing considering how much I loved my first pair and how expensive they are. So if you are considering treating yourself to an excellent pair of slippers, buy these, just don't get the black.