Profile for Steven A. File > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steven A. File "Steve File" RSS Feed (Panama City Beach, FL)

Pwr+® 14 Ft AC Adapter Laptop Charger for Samsung Series 7 Chronos Np-700z3a Np700z3a Np-700z3ah Np700z3ah Np-700z4 Np700z4 Np-700z4a Np700z4a Np-700z4ah Np700z4ah Np-700z5a Np700z5a Np-700z5b Np700z5b Np-700z5bh Np700z5bh Np700z7c-s01us 90W Power Supply Cord
Offered by PWR+
Price: $25.00
3 used & new from $14.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller charger at a very good price, July 2, 2013
I bought one of these to go with my Cronos 7 notebook computer. It is smaller and priced much lower than the Samsung original charger. Since it is smaller, it fits in my briefcase much better than the original charger, which stays in the office.

Vornado Flippi V8 Personal Air Circulator
Vornado Flippi V8 Personal Air Circulator
Price: $28.37
37 used & new from $14.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Fan Stopped After Three Weeks!!!, June 6, 2013
After buying this fan, and using it only about 6 to 8 hours per day for three weeks, the fan itself quit, but it still oscillates. Pass it by, judging from my experience and those of others that have written reviews. It quit just after the Amazon return deadline passed!!!

DoggieLawn Disposable Dog Potty, SPACIOUS 24.75x21 inches *REAL* grass
DoggieLawn Disposable Dog Potty, SPACIOUS 24.75x21 inches *REAL* grass
Offered by DoggieLawn
Price: $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Very Well, May 3, 2013
Received my order five days after ordering, all the way from California. The grass inside had doubled over for about 4 inches, causing a dead 2 " strip of grass across the width of the sod. I have a service dog that goes on command, so the changeover from a plastic tray/outside carpet combination was relatively easy. I live in an ocean front condo with it on the ocean side balcony, so the verdict on how it reacts to the salty air is still out (will try to update on that later). I would go for a monthly order, but $27.49 delivered is a bit pricey for twice a month.

Office Mac Home and Business 2011 - 1MAC/1User (Disc Version)
Office Mac Home and Business 2011 - 1MAC/1User (Disc Version)
Offered by SavingCOST
Price: $169.00
9 used & new from $169.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, Very Poor, Simplified Cousin to the PC Versions, June 10, 2011
UPDATE: If you have been a user of the PC version of Microsoft Office Products, then I highly recommend that you try the trial version of this product before you make a horrible mistake! Once you convert your PST file from the PC version to the Mac version, there is no way to convert the file (OLM) back to the PC version (PST) file! Hopefully, Microsoft will come with a tool that does this; which they likely will because of the all the customers that will be very, very unhappy with the Mac version, which is very, very lacking! No automatic archive, email HTML editing will take you back to the 90's, no "undo" button if you are composing in a window away from the main program, and does no longer sync with MobileMe--nor is it likely to do so anytime in the near future. So now my iPhone is not up-to-date. I am very, very unhappy with Office 2011 for Mac!!

I admit it, I am a power user of Microsoft Office products, having used them since the first version. And I realize that the Mac versions have always been behind at least a couple of generations from the PC versions. However, the Outlook 2011 for Mac has only about 2/3s of the features of the PC version. I use a MacBook Pro running Parallels desktop with both Windows 7 Ultimate and Snow Leopard, so I can go either way. After I saw the new version of 2011 Office for Mac FINALLY included Outlook, I bought it and now, after struggling with it for almost a month, I wish I had never wasted my money on it! It appears that Microsoft just gave Outlook 2011 the bare, rudimentary features--just enough that they could give it the name; however they should have named it Outlook 2003 for Mac, as that is almost what it is comparable to in the PC version.

If you have the option, you are much better off to use almost any Windows version of Office and avoid the Mac version. If it is not an option, Outlook 2011 for Mac is a better option than the one included with on your Mac; however that is kind of like voting and picking the lesser evil for a political candidate! If you are a sophisticated user, get Parallels and Windows on your Mac and go for Office 2010 and save yourself a lot of frustration! The expression "ignorance is bliss" applies here, if you have never used the PC versions of Office, you won't miss the additional features missing from Office 2011 for Mac.

Let me elaborate a little: no undo button on the Mac version, the composing features (especially in HTML mode) are extremely lacking and spam? Prepare to be flooded with spam as there are no viable spam filters available! If you want to be productive in an high productive office environment, use one of the PC versions of Microsoft Office, even Office 2007 is much, much better than Office 2011 for Mac!

DT Universal No Pull Dog Harness, Service Dog, Black, X-Small, Fits Girth Size: 21-Inch to 25-Inch
Price: $59.95
3 used & new from $59.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Need To Make A Smaller Harness for Toy Dogs, May 25, 2011
This harness is ingenious in as that it has a "D" ring on the front of the harness, and when you attach your dog's leash to it they instantly do not pull any more because if they do so it pulls them to the side. Instantly, you have a behaving dog that does not pull on the leash within minutes after putting this on them! Awesome! My girl friend cannot get our dog to quit pulling when she walks him, but no more! (He behaves for me because I make him do so.)

I ordered this harness knowing that I wanted one but that it would likely be too big for our Toy Schnauzer, so I altered it to fit him.

Please, Dean & Tyler, make one for small toy dogs like our 9-lb. Toy Schnauzer and I will instantly order one. It would also be great if these were also available in a dark brown color instread of just black. Actually there are a lot of small dogs in the world, and getting to be more and more, contrary to the beliefs of many dog accessory and toy manufacturers!

Love this harness as it works great for our little service (hearing) dog!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2011 11:49 PM PST

Western Digital My Book 3.0 - 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book 3.0 - 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Drive!!!!, February 21, 2011
I bought this drive 60 days ago-and I was very happy with it's simplicity and speed; however the USB 3.0 cord is extremely stiff and puts undo pressure on the socket on back of the drive--which has now completely fallen out rendering the drive useless!!! And it is worth pointing out that the USB 3.0 is not usable on most computers made to date. I wanted one so that it would get outdated as soon with the newer USB version. They are going to have to make the cables more flexible before this is viable technology!

Ten One Design Pogo Sketch Stylus for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch (Silver)
Ten One Design Pogo Sketch Stylus for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch (Silver)
Offered by CLICK AND SAVE
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPhone Sylus . . . but . . . ., May 19, 2010
Of all the iPhone stylus that I have tried, I definitely like this one the best as it does not "stick" to the screen like the others--and the "point" is as small as possible to retain functionality. I have problems using my fingers as apparently they are too big!

However, the plastic clip is entirely too fragile and breaks too easily! Two of of three styluses have now broken, one after only day. So if the clip is important to you, keep this in mind. This is a fairly pricey item and the manufacturer needs to redesign the clip to make it sturdier and then this product would definitely get a top rating with me!

Philips Norelco 8140XL SpeedXL Men's Shaver
Philips Norelco 8140XL SpeedXL Men's Shaver

2.0 out of 5 stars Norelco SpeedXL Razors' Switches Go Bad Quickly, December 30, 2007
I have used Norelco razors for over 40 years, and have always sworn by them. My father and both grandfathers used them--and now, my son. However, I am now looking at other brands for the first time ever. I have had three SpeedXL models in the past year--and all have had the on/off switch go bad within a few months. One of the razors was replaced by Norelco--but I am tired of the hassle of undependable razors! The last one woke us up in the middle of the night when it turned on by itself. The razors do give a very nice shave--they just do not last very long.