Profile for VTS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 108

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

VTS "VTS" RSS Feed (VT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Just Dance 2015 - Wii
Just Dance 2015 - Wii
Price: $19.99
70 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Sweat Mode Gone // Updated, New Just Sweat Option, October 22, 2014
This review is from: Just Dance 2015 - Wii (Video Game)
Our game arrived yesterday and we were so excited to jump into the new songs and dance moves. Overall the individual dances are on par with what you saw in Just Dance 2014, but I was super disappointed to see that the "Just Sweat" mode is no longer part of the game. The great thing about that option was you could select your songs and then "just dance" for 40 minutes. Now you need to stop after each song and scroll through all the songs to find the one you want to do next. It adds about 2-3 minutes of stationary time between every song and makes it impossible to get an uninterrupted workout. I still like the game but this version will be more for playing with the kids and not for getting a fun workout in.

EDIT: 10/24/14: Many thanks to Coffee Queen for telling me how to access the new workout mode. You have to click in the left arrow and then select the "workout" option. You can then choose from 10-40 minutes for a workout. So glad this is still in the game because that was one of my favorite features! I used it this morning and got a good workout in. I also discovered the "challenge" mode where you can play against other people in their own homes. This was fun. A couple of them were pretty good dancers so it challenged me to up my game because I wanted to beat them. :) So, in conclusion, the "just sweat" mode is there, just as a "workout" mode, and the challenger option is lots of fun.

My own two qualms are: 1) I wish there was more upbeat music. My 4 yr old loves that a Frozen song is included but for me it's just meh. 2) The controls are not very intuitive and this version of the game seems to take a bit longer to load than Just Dance 2014.

4 stars out of 5. I subtracted one star because of the controls/load issue and because there were more low beat songs than I personally would have preferred (because I like to workout with this game.)
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 8:41 AM PDT

Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Mirror - Oiled-Bronze Finish
Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Mirror - Oiled-Bronze Finish
Price: $30.41
19 used & new from $27.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mirror for a Great Price, October 19, 2014
Like another reviewer, I get ready in a relatively dark room and at first I was concerned that the mirror didn't light up enough for me to do my makeup properly. But after using it several times I've decided that it gives off just the right amount of light. I'm very happy with it. The reverse side with the magnification is pretty intense, but since my eyesight isn't so great this side of the mirror is really helpful when it comes to doing my eye makeup.

R & M International 1803 Astro Cookie Cutter, Planets and Stars, Set of 4
R & M International 1803 Astro Cookie Cutter, Planets and Stars, Set of 4
Price: $9.93
5 used & new from $9.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted After One Use, September 1, 2014
These cutters are adorable but unfortunately they rusted after one use despite hand washing and drying. I'm talking a lot of rust, not just a speck! I would not recommend these.

Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
by Shane Snow
Price: $20.13
67 used & new from $13.02

5.0 out of 5 stars I looked forward to reading each chapter and especially liked how the author used stories about everything from presidential ..., August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read a lot of business books for work and this one definitely stands out in terms of being both informative and entertaining. I looked forward to reading each chapter and especially liked how the author used stories about everything from presidential history to Saturday Night Live to illustrate the concepts he was talking about. Overall and enjoyable read.

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Killer Whale
Kid Galaxy Morphibians Killer Whale
Price: $22.12
32 used & new from $15.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a couple weeks of gentle use // Updated, August 4, 2014
I too wish I had listened to the negative reviews. This car was a huge hit when it first arrived, but after a couple weeks it stopped working unless you held the top part of the remote control down very (very) firmly. The car was not played with roughly nor did it get wet at any point. I'd characterize the way it was played with as pretty gentle. The only one strong enough to push the antenna down as hard as it needs to be held in place is my husband, so the toy is useless now.

// Edit 9.1.14: I originally rated this toy as 1 star since it broke after moderate use in only a couple weeks. I'm upgrading the review to 3 stars because I contacted Kid Galaxy and they sent us a replacement car (free of charge) after we provided proof of purchase via Amazon. I really appreciated this since good customer service can be tough to come by these days! We've had the new car for two weeks and so far it's still working well.

Remington Products PG6025 All-in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
Remington Products PG6025 All-in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
Price: $12.99
13 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grooming Kit for Beards, February 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband's regular beard trimmer broke last month and I got this one as a replacement just before we left for vacation. Overall he was pleased with this kit. It is small enough to take along with you when you travel, is easy to use and did a good job of giving his bead a uniform trim without any missed spots. The ear/nose attachment is also great for doing detailed touch ups. All in all a very good kit that doesn't have any drawbacks that we've experienced thus far.

Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 7 Ounce
Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 7 Ounce
Price: $15.99
15 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for On the Go Snacks / Part of a Lunch, February 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've had this thermos for a few weeks now and have used it both for snacks and lunches. It isn't very large so in terms of snacks I'd say it's the perfect size for keeping diced fruit chilled. For lunches, it's great for sides like warm soup to accompany a sandwich. When the lid is screwed on tight enough to prevent spillage in the lunch box it is a bit too difficult for my 3-year-old to open himself, but I think that would happen with any thermos and his teacher is right there to help him open up the thermos. The food jar does keep food warm for a nice amount of time - if I fill it with soup around 8AM it will still be warm for lunch around 12PM. It's easy to clean too so overall I'm very pleased.

Radio Flyer Triple Play Wagon
Radio Flyer Triple Play Wagon
Price: $159.99
5 used & new from $131.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Wagon for a Day at the Farmer's Market, February 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a sturdy, large wagon that has ample room for 1-2 preschoolers as well as a few generously stuffed bags from the farmer's market. We have been using this wagon mostly around the neighborhood right now, but when spring comes and the outdoor farmer's markets open again we are looking forward to taking this wagon with us. It will give our 3-yr-old a nice place to sit when he gets tired of walking while also giving us a handy place to store our purchases along the way. I like the cup holder, which makes it easy for kids to remember to drink while enjoying the sights.

In terms of assembly: The wagon arrived in one large box and I was happy with the assembly process, which was easy enough for me to do on my own in under an hour. (I'm not the most technical person when it comes to deciphering instructions) I agree with another reviewer the rubber tires would have made this wagon easier to pull, but I imagine that would also have added to the overall weight (and price) of the wagon. Altogether this is a very nice wagon that will see a lot of use.

Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System, Silver - Powered by Keurig
Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System, Silver - Powered by Keurig
Price: $151.19
53 used & new from $107.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, December 1, 2013
We loved this machine when we first got it, but it broke after just over a year of mild usage. Now instead of brewing a cup of coffee it makes a loud grinding noise and drips about 2 tablespoons of "coffee" into your cup. We used it once a day max and always handled it carefully - I really can't think of any reason for it to stop working other than poor quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2013 6:00 PM PST

Educational Insights Raccoon Rumpus Game
Educational Insights Raccoon Rumpus Game
Price: $9.78
30 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fun Game From Educational Insights!, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Another fun game from Educational Insights! We also own Shelby's Snack Shack and The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel. It's impressive how they continue to come out with games that are fun for preschoolers AND adults. In Raccoon Rumpus each player gets a raccoon card with a cute face, then you roll dice to see which outfits you will put on your raccoon. For instance, if you roll "red" on one of the dice and "pants" on the other, then you have to find an outfit with red pants. Throughout the game kids get a chance to practice colors, matching and counting since whomever gets 5 outfits first wins. There is also a "memory game" you can play that's great for practicing recall skills. Overall a great game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11