Profile for VTS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 106

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

VTS "VTS" RSS Feed (VT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
R & M International 1803 Astro Cookie Cutter, Planets and Stars, Set of 4
R & M International 1803 Astro Cookie Cutter, Planets and Stars, Set of 4
Price: $9.66
6 used & new from $9.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted After One Use, September 1, 2014
These cutters are adorable but unfortunately they rusted after one use despite hand washing and drying. I'm talking a lot of rust, not just a speck! I would not recommend these.

Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
by Shane Snow
Price: $16.71
44 used & new from $13.02

5.0 out of 5 stars I looked forward to reading each chapter and especially liked how the author used stories about everything from presidential ..., August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read a lot of business books for work and this one definitely stands out in terms of being both informative and entertaining. I looked forward to reading each chapter and especially liked how the author used stories about everything from presidential history to Saturday Night Live to illustrate the concepts he was talking about. Overall and enjoyable read.

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Killer Whale
Kid Galaxy Morphibians Killer Whale
Price: $31.20
24 used & new from $21.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a couple weeks of gentle use // Updated, August 4, 2014
I too wish I had listened to the negative reviews. This car was a huge hit when it first arrived, but after a couple weeks it stopped working unless you held the top part of the remote control down very (very) firmly. The car was not played with roughly nor did it get wet at any point. I'd characterize the way it was played with as pretty gentle. The only one strong enough to push the antenna down as hard as it needs to be held in place is my husband, so the toy is useless now.

// Edit 9.1.14: I originally rated this toy as 1 star since it broke after moderate use in only a couple weeks. I'm upgrading the review to 3 stars because I contacted Kid Galaxy and they sent us a replacement car (free of charge) after we provided proof of purchase via Amazon. I really appreciated this since good customer service can be tough to come by these days! We've had the new car for two weeks and so far it's still working well.

Remington Products PG6025 All-in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
Remington Products PG6025 All-in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
Price: $19.97
4 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grooming Kit for Beards, February 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband's regular beard trimmer broke last month and I got this one as a replacement just before we left for vacation. Overall he was pleased with this kit. It is small enough to take along with you when you travel, is easy to use and did a good job of giving his bead a uniform trim without any missed spots. The ear/nose attachment is also great for doing detailed touch ups. All in all a very good kit that doesn't have any drawbacks that we've experienced thus far.

Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 7 Ounce
Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 7 Ounce
Price: $15.99
28 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for On the Go Snacks / Part of a Lunch, February 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've had this thermos for a few weeks now and have used it both for snacks and lunches. It isn't very large so in terms of snacks I'd say it's the perfect size for keeping diced fruit chilled. For lunches, it's great for sides like warm soup to accompany a sandwich. When the lid is screwed on tight enough to prevent spillage in the lunch box it is a bit too difficult for my 3-year-old to open himself, but I think that would happen with any thermos and his teacher is right there to help him open up the thermos. The food jar does keep food warm for a nice amount of time - if I fill it with soup around 8AM it will still be warm for lunch around 12PM. It's easy to clean too so overall I'm very pleased.

Radio Flyer Triple Play Wagon
Radio Flyer Triple Play Wagon
Price: $159.99
6 used & new from $141.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Wagon for a Day at the Farmer's Market, February 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a sturdy, large wagon that has ample room for 1-2 preschoolers as well as a few generously stuffed bags from the farmer's market. We have been using this wagon mostly around the neighborhood right now, but when spring comes and the outdoor farmer's markets open again we are looking forward to taking this wagon with us. It will give our 3-yr-old a nice place to sit when he gets tired of walking while also giving us a handy place to store our purchases along the way. I like the cup holder, which makes it easy for kids to remember to drink while enjoying the sights.

In terms of assembly: The wagon arrived in one large box and I was happy with the assembly process, which was easy enough for me to do on my own in under an hour. (I'm not the most technical person when it comes to deciphering instructions) I agree with another reviewer the rubber tires would have made this wagon easier to pull, but I imagine that would also have added to the overall weight (and price) of the wagon. Altogether this is a very nice wagon that will see a lot of use.

Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System, Silver - Powered by Keurig
Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System, Silver - Powered by Keurig
Price: $179.99
67 used & new from $98.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, December 1, 2013
We loved this machine when we first got it, but it broke after just over a year of mild usage. Now instead of brewing a cup of coffee it makes a loud grinding noise and drips about 2 tablespoons of "coffee" into your cup. We used it once a day max and always handled it carefully - I really can't think of any reason for it to stop working other than poor quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2013 6:00 PM PST

Educational Insights Raccoon Rumpus Game
Educational Insights Raccoon Rumpus Game
Price: $9.91
37 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fun Game From Educational Insights!, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Another fun game from Educational Insights! We also own Shelby's Snack Shack and The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel. It's impressive how they continue to come out with games that are fun for preschoolers AND adults. In Raccoon Rumpus each player gets a raccoon card with a cute face, then you roll dice to see which outfits you will put on your raccoon. For instance, if you roll "red" on one of the dice and "pants" on the other, then you have to find an outfit with red pants. Throughout the game kids get a chance to practice colors, matching and counting since whomever gets 5 outfits first wins. There is also a "memory game" you can play that's great for practicing recall skills. Overall a great game.

Educational Insights Shelby'S Snack Shack Game
Educational Insights Shelby'S Snack Shack Game
Price: $15.55
40 used & new from $15.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun family game that incorporates counting practice, October 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is our second family board game by Educational Insights. We also have and love The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game and Shelby's Snack Shack is just as fun. The idea is that Shelby has hidden bones on the beach and you are going to collect them all. The game has two spinners:

The first one tells you if you get bones, if Shelby is chewing on a sandal (no bones), if he is going to nab bones from another player or if a seagull has stolen some of your bones.

The second spinner tells you how many bones, from 1-5, you get on your turn.

Unless Shelby is chewing on a sandal, every spinner option incorporates counting. Then your child needs to use a Shelby game piece to pick up their bones from the beach or sneak bones from another player (good fine motor practice). We added a fun element to the "stealing bones" option by having each player bark at Shelby when he is trying to steal a bone. My 3 year old thinks that's hilarious! At the end of the game each player counts out their bones to see who won. Your preschooler can practice counting to well over twenty in this stage of the game.

There are so many opportunities for your child to practice numbers and counting while having FUN that this game is a winner.

The Cook's Illustrated Baking Book
The Cook's Illustrated Baking Book
by Editors of Cook's Illustrated Magazine
Price: $23.20
41 used & new from $21.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes, but what a shame that the book is black & white, October 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried several recipes from this book so far and all of them have been wonderful. Last night I made the buttermilk drop biscuits on a whim to go with a pasta dish I was serving for dinner. As I've come to expect from Cooks Illustrated books, the recipe was easy and produced a fluffy, delicious biscuit. Everyone loved them and I was lucky to nab a second one for myself. My only qualm with this book has to do with the photos: they aren't too many of them and they are all in black & white. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think food photos look good in b&w. It's hard to get an idea of what color the finished product should be when it's done baking and overall b&w food photos are unappealing. I knocked a star off my rating for this book solely due to the poor photos.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11