Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for VTS > Reviews

Browse

VTS's Profile

Customer Reviews: 113

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

VTS "VTS" RSS Feed (VT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Black, Small
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Black, Small
Price: $116.95
7 used & new from $116.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice FitBit, Difficult to Put on But Stylish and Functional, May 7, 2016
I recently purchased the Fitbit Alta after losing my FitBit One accidentally. (Doh!) I also had a FitBit HR previously that I ended up returning for my FitBit One. Here is my take on all 3:

FitBit Alta: This is probably my favorite FitBit so far. It does a pretty good job at all the basic functions I care about, such as tracking steps and showing me the time when I move my wrist up to look at the display. It's stylish and has a much looser fit than the HR, the latter of which is a big deal for me since the HR irritated my skin and is ultimately why I returned it. My only dislike with the Alta is that it IS difficult to snap on. It takes me about 1-2 minutes to snap the bracelet on. Maybe this will get easier over time as the holes on the band loosen up, but right now the snap is pretty difficult for me to manage. (I'm 35 years old and in good shape with what I consider average hand strength).

FitBit One: I loved this FitBit. It did everything I needed and was pretty accurate with steps. However, I'm pretty forgetful and keeping track of my One was a challenge. I forgot it on my pants once and it was accidentally washed. After putting it in dry rice for 24 hours it worked perfectly again though, which was pretty impressive. I started wearing it on my belt to avoid accidental washings in the future, but then it fell off my belt sometime last week. The One is so small I didn't even notice when it fell off. That was the end of this one.

FitBit HR: This was my first FitBit and while the functionality was great, it had to be worn snuggly in order for the heart rate monitor to work. The band irritated my skin badly enough for the HR to be very uncomfortable, so I returned it and got a One instead.

I'm hopeful that the Alta will be the best match for me. It's on my wrist so it wont get accidentally washed and hopefully will be much harder to lose. The fit is much looser than the HR since it doesn't have a heart rate monitor so it doesn't irritate my skin. So far I'm very happy with this one.

71" x 33" ApexDesk Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk (Red Apple Top / Silver Frame)
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $599.99
5 used & new from $599.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, But the Up/Down Mechanism Broke in 1 Day, April 11, 2016
The desk arrived quickly and in new condition, it was easy to assemble and looks great in my office. Appearance wise it is an attractive piece of furniture and I have no complaints in the looks department. It's sturdy and has more than enough room for my iMac and other office gear. Why the 2 stars then? The mechanism that moves the desk up/down is broken after 1 day. We setup the desk yesterday and it worked fine, but this morning the desk doesn't move at all. When you press either the up or down button nothing happens. We've checked all the connections and nothing is loose and no wires have come unplugged. I'm going to call the ApexDesk to see if there is anything that can be done to fix the desk, but either way something that breaks in less than 24 hours is pretty bad. If I have to send it back I'll have to take apart a 300lb desk and do without a desk in my office until a new desk can be sent, which is a huge problem. :(

// Updated 4.16.16

So I called Apex customer service and I'll give them props for being super friendly and overnighting a new controller and control box to me free of charge. But their excellent customer support can't make up for poor quality control because here's the problem: the screws that came with the desk are such poor quality that they were almost completely stripped after initial setup, the result being that I couldn't dismantle the desk to install the new controller box. I ended up using about 30 long zip ties to attach the controller box under the desk makeshift style. Yes, that fixed the issue of the desk being able to move up/down but I really shouldn't have to come up with a workout like that for a $600 desk that worked for less then 24 hours. Apex needs to improve their quality control before shipping these desks out. It's a shame because if the controller box/controller pad hadn't broken I would have shared rave reviews of this product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 10:49 AM PDT

Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Small
Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Small
Price: $129.99
12 used & new from $129.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounded Great in Theory, Wasn't So Great in Practice, January 17, 2016
I recently purchased a Fitbit Charge HR and was pretty disappointed. I am returning it to Amazon tomorrow. My biggest source of frustration had to do with accuracy. It never counted floors accurately - I climb more than 10 floors a day and my FitBit rarely recorded more than 3. I also found the heart rate monitor to be inconsistent, fluctuating between 5-10 BPM for a resting heart rate recorded while I was not doing anything. The FitBit also had a hard time syncing with my MyFitnessPal app - though on that front I'm not sure if the issue was with FitBit or MyFitnessPal. Lastly, I found the FitBit uncomfortable to wear. Even when strapped on pretty loosely it left indentations on my skin and caused pain on the top of my wrist. For instance, I took my FitBit off last night around 8PM and the place on my wrist where it was worn is still painful if I lightly rub the skin this morning at 11AM. All of these factors made me decide the FitBit wasn't a good investment so I am sending it back. When I contacted FitBit to ask them how to deactivate my account they didn't even care that I was unhappy with the product, they just asked me for my email address and scheduled my account for deletion. A good customer service experience would have included at least asking why I was returning a new FitBit.

Star Wars Bladebuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber
Star Wars Bladebuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber
Offered by Sure Thing Toys
Price: $50.99
76 used & new from $41.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken out of the box. Hasbro's customer service is deplorable., December 7, 2015
We gave this toy to my son for the first night of Hanukkah and the good news is that he loved it. As in LOVED. But after unboxing the toy we discovered that the small green light sabers did not work, even after we put new batteries in them. I emailed Hasbro asking if they could send replacement parts. I had the original receipt and was willing to send them a video showing how the two green light sabers just do not light up at all. (Hasbro did confirm that the green sabers should light up.) Their response was that I should take the toy away from my 5-year-old and mail it back to them. Then, after they received it they MIGHT send me a replacement if they had one available. If they didn't have one they would send me something else of "equal value." I was shocked by their response. This is THE toy that my son wanted this year and taking it away from him and asking him to wait weeks to see IF Hasbro might send a replacement just seemed like all around terrible customer service to me, especially for a holiday gift. When I spoke to a Hasbro representative she told me that I had to understand where they were coming from as a company and that this is a high ticket item. What about me, the consumer, who spent good money on this "high ticket" item, which was broken out of the box, and now has to choose between keeping a defective toy or taking a holiday gift away from a 5-year-old? Hasbro really didn't care though. If you are on the fence about this product I would say buyer beware. Maybe you'll get a kit that works. But if your kit is broken and your child opens it for Hanukkah or Christmas, Hasbro will tell you to take it away from them and will refuse to send you a replacement part.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2015 11:27 AM PST

Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH70210
Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH70210
Price: $107.00
27 used & new from $71.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't Purchase Again. Emits Super Loud, High-Pitched Whine and is Unusable After Only 3 Months., May 4, 2015
Edit: July 2015 // The vacuum is now completely broken and does not turn on after four months of normal use.

----------------------------------------------

At first we loved this vacuum cleaner. It has good suction and made short work of the dog hair left around the house by our two large breed dogs. Then about 1 month in it start emitting a high pitched squeal, which was fixed with WD-40. I thought we were in the clear but now, two months later, the vacuum emits a super loud, high pitched whine the seems to be coming from inside the vacuum. It's so loud that it's not just irritating, it hurts your ears. As in, it's so painful we can't even use the vacuum. Haven't been able to figure out how to fix it this time but even if we did figure it out, this is a pretty bad track record for a vacuum only 3 months old.

Just Dance 2015 - Wii
Just Dance 2015 - Wii
Offered by games_for_sale
Price: $19.80
80 used & new from $9.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Sweat Mode Gone // Updated, New Just Sweat Option, October 22, 2014
This review is from: Just Dance 2015 - Wii (Video Game)
Our game arrived yesterday and we were so excited to jump into the new songs and dance moves. Overall the individual dances are on par with what you saw in Just Dance 2014, but I was super disappointed to see that the "Just Sweat" mode is no longer part of the game. The great thing about that option was you could select your songs and then "just dance" for 40 minutes. Now you need to stop after each song and scroll through all the songs to find the one you want to do next. It adds about 2-3 minutes of stationary time between every song and makes it impossible to get an uninterrupted workout. I still like the game but this version will be more for playing with the kids and not for getting a fun workout in.

EDIT: 10/24/14: Many thanks to Coffee Queen for telling me how to access the new workout mode. You have to click in the left arrow and then select the "workout" option. You can then choose from 10-40 minutes for a workout. So glad this is still in the game because that was one of my favorite features! I used it this morning and got a good workout in. I also discovered the "challenge" mode where you can play against other people in their own homes. This was fun. A couple of them were pretty good dancers so it challenged me to up my game because I wanted to beat them. :) So, in conclusion, the "just sweat" mode is there, just as a "workout" mode, and the challenger option is lots of fun.

My own two qualms are: 1) I wish there was more upbeat music. My 4 yr old loves that a Frozen song is included but for me it's just meh. 2) The controls are not very intuitive and this version of the game seems to take a bit longer to load than Just Dance 2014.

4 stars out of 5. I subtracted one star because of the controls/load issue and because there were more low beat songs than I personally would have preferred (because I like to workout with this game.)
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 8:41 AM PDT

Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Mirror - Oiled-Bronze Finish
Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Mirror - Oiled-Bronze Finish
Price: $37.99
75 used & new from $29.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mirror for a Great Price, October 19, 2014
Like another reviewer, I get ready in a relatively dark room and at first I was concerned that the mirror didn't light up enough for me to do my makeup properly. But after using it several times I've decided that it gives off just the right amount of light. I'm very happy with it. The reverse side with the magnification is pretty intense, but since my eyesight isn't so great this side of the mirror is really helpful when it comes to doing my eye makeup.

R & M International 1803 Astro Cookie Cutter, Planets and Stars, Set of 4
R & M International 1803 Astro Cookie Cutter, Planets and Stars, Set of 4
Price: $11.53
6 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted After One Use, September 1, 2014
These cutters are adorable but unfortunately they rusted after one use despite hand washing and drying. I'm talking a lot of rust, not just a speck! I would not recommend these.

Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
by Shane Snow
Price: $18.60
98 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I looked forward to reading each chapter and especially liked how the author used stories about everything from presidential ..., August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read a lot of business books for work and this one definitely stands out in terms of being both informative and entertaining. I looked forward to reading each chapter and especially liked how the author used stories about everything from presidential history to Saturday Night Live to illustrate the concepts he was talking about. Overall and enjoyable read.

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Killer Whale
Kid Galaxy Morphibians Killer Whale
Price: $22.73
20 used & new from $13.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a couple weeks of gentle use // Updated, August 4, 2014
I too wish I had listened to the negative reviews. This car was a huge hit when it first arrived, but after a couple weeks it stopped working unless you held the top part of the remote control down very (very) firmly. The car was not played with roughly nor did it get wet at any point. I'd characterize the way it was played with as pretty gentle. The only one strong enough to push the antenna down as hard as it needs to be held in place is my husband, so the toy is useless now.

// Edit 9.1.14: I originally rated this toy as 1 star since it broke after moderate use in only a couple weeks. I'm upgrading the review to 3 stars because I contacted Kid Galaxy and they sent us a replacement car (free of charge) after we provided proof of purchase via Amazon. I really appreciated this since good customer service can be tough to come by these days! We've had the new car for two weeks and so far it's still working well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12