Profile for Pimentón > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pimentón RSS Feed (Pasto Azul)

Page: 1 | 2
Sleep Donation: A Novella (Kindle Single)
Sleep Donation: A Novella (Kindle Single)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars OK on my Kindle, March 27, 2014
After listening to "Fresh Air" I downloaded first and then was horrified to read the reviews about the formatting. But then, on opening, it seems to work fine on my ordinary Kindle. Maybe someone stayed up all night to fix it. I hope Amazon will give another free download to those who experienced problems. Good story!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 8:56 AM PDT

Invicta Men's 1132 Specialty Corduba Black Dial Black Polyurethane Watch
Invicta Men's 1132 Specialty Corduba Black Dial Black Polyurethane Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sea Thunder Watch, December 19, 2012
I was out with some friends last night who were making a jovial admiration about the immensity of my new Invicta Sea Thunder. And really, at 55mm case diameter, it might seem as if it were designed in the land of the giants. Yes, take notice. It really is big, 55mm (in spite of what the product info might say).

But I've got some other sizable Invictas in my collection, so I'm kind of used to their size and heft. I really like them that way. I even kind of like when friends notice and make astonished remarks.

Actually, I think the great thing about this Invicta is that even thought it's big, everything about it, from the case diameter, the size of the bezel and lugs to the width of the rubber strap is all well-proportioned together. So as a whole, I think it has a great look, not geek or punk at all, even on my less that eight-inch wrist.

I'm liking the irregular pattern and texture of the dial face which surround the date and month subdials. It's not a a chronograph but does have a great chrono look with screw-down pushers to set the date and month.

I'm really liking this watch. It's is a great addition to my growing Invicta collection.

Torgoen Swiss Men's T10302 Black Phantom Dial 3-Hand Analog Rubber Strap Watch
Torgoen Swiss Men's T10302 Black Phantom Dial 3-Hand Analog Rubber Strap Watch
Price: $230.90
5 used & new from $225.00

5.0 out of 5 stars total blackout!, April 19, 2012
I got this Torgoen a couple of years ago surfing for the biggest, blackest analog watch that could find on Amazon. Here it is. like it a lot!
If you are looking for a watch with such high contrast that you can tell time with your eyes closed, you might check out this phantom's twin T10301.But if you want total stealth, totally cool here it is. You can even tell the time on it if you want to bad enough. It's a great conversation piece too. I'm still glad I got it.

Fábulas literarias (Spanish Edition)
Fábulas literarias (Spanish Edition)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars unreadable, April 13, 2012
This format is worse than useless. Every turn of the page takes you to the next Fabula skipping over however many pages are left in the preceding fabula. The missing pages appear when you turn the kindle pages in reverse. But as I cannot read a story backwards, I find it utterly frustrating.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp looking watch, April 13, 2012
Ran across this neat watch by chance surfing the watches on Amazon. My first impression was, "Hey, what a clean-cut look; check it out." Sure enough, out of the box and on the wrist the look is even better than on-line. The uncluttered dial, perfectly square and perfectly white and framed in steel makes a good contrast with the smooth black leather band which at 24 mm wide is just right to make a cool manly wrist accessory. I've enjoyed wearing this watch casual summer evenings and a few dress-for-the-best times too.

Never heard of the Lambretta mark before but pleased with this one. Try it; you might like it.

Kenneth Cole New York Men's KC1642 Slim Sport Strap Watch
Kenneth Cole New York Men's KC1642 Slim Sport Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp wrist accessory, January 24, 2012
In recent time, I've been really enjoying several watches from Kenneth Cole's "Super Sleek" collection. (You might browse over and check them out.) A favorite of mine is the model Kenneth Cole New York Men's Super-Sleek Collection Polyurethane Strap Watch #KC1557 . It's a watch with smooth looking elegant simplicity with understated stick hands and markers.

I was pleasantly surprised to run across this KC Slim sport watch which has the same black and gunmetal minimalist style very nicely reconfigured in a rectangular presentation. Sharp!

The stealthy all-black look makes it, I think, a sharp wrist accessory for any formal or informal situation I find myself in whether in a tux or black jeans. I personally don't have any problem seeing the time on the black hands and charcoal face. In any case, it's always accurate.

The silicone strap (not leather as in the product specifications) has an attractive matte texture. As supple as this strap is, it needs no break-in and make this one of the most comfortable watches you'll ever put on your wrist. It's look and style made this a pleasing purchase for me. Maybe it will be for you too.

I

Enzo Men's Watch Primary Color: White [Watch] Lambretta
Enzo Men's Watch Primary Color: White [Watch] Lambretta

5.0 out of 5 stars clean-cut Enzo, August 19, 2011

Its function is only the simple time of day, but quite accurately at that. Ive found it great both for telling time and looking good. I like it so much that I snagged its black-dial twin Lambretta 2141/bla Enzo for my colletcion. You might check out my customer image above.

U.S. Polo Assn. Sport Men's US9059 Analog-Digital Watch with Black Rubber Band
U.S. Polo Assn. Sport Men's US9059 Analog-Digital Watch with Black Rubber Band
Price: $21.22
3 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool watch, cool price!, June 14, 2011
I got this watch from Amazon (at it's very agreeable price) for those casual jeans and T shirt days, but after a few months, I've come to like sporting it on my wrist much more often.

First, even though it come at a comparatively cheap price, it doesn't have a cheap feel. It's quite solid piece with no flimsiness at all (which was my first impression of a couple of other U. S. Polo watches). The size is great, big but not too much, just large enough to be in the masculine mode.

After ten months or so of use, both the digital and analog time is still accurate. The lineup of digital functions is pretty simple and easy to figure out. And the digital display ( a sharp looking negative light on black) is large enough to easily see at a glance.

I like the black rubber strap. It's got a "tire-tread" design that looks cool. A great black analog-digital appearance with just enough orange accents to make it's looks really sizzle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2011 5:33 AM PDT

Freestyle Men's FS81285 Shark Buzz 2.0 Custom Rectangle Digital Vibrating Alarm Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Darth Vader digital watch, October 22, 2010
I'm really liking the fantastic appearance of this Shark Buzz by Freestyle. Its all-black look makes it the Darth Vader of my watch collection. It is billed as unisex, but I think its size and width of the band project a handsome masculine look. It's got some heft that gives it a feeling of quality.

The digital diplay lays out pretty sizable numerals that are easy enough to see even on the black negative display. In any case, the backlight with a cool blue cast works well in low light situation.

The vibrating alarm is a cool feature. It definitely gets my attention - without getting anyone elses. It's great to use in meetings or in a class without having everyone look over at you when your alarm goes off.

The modal line of of time and date, stopwatch, two alarms, two countdown timers are useful without haveing unuseable extra geeky digital features.

I think it's a great peice, practical and sporty looking.

Fossil - Fossil Men's Watches JR9642 - WW
Fossil - Fossil Men's Watches JR9642 - WW

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Cuff, January 14, 2010
I was thinking that any decent collection needs a cuff watch or two. This attractive model has a low profile compared to most other cuff designs. It's easy to see, simple to use, and nice to look at. I like it.

Page: 1 | 2