Profile for A. G. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. G. "Xela" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Replacement MacBook Pro 15-inch Battery A1175 A1211 A1226 A1260 A1150 High Capacity 5800mAh Battery For Apple
Offered by hxin
Price: $19.75
26 used & new from $15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars From an ex-Apple Tech Support Employee -- Worst Purchase on Amazon in Over a Decade!!, January 30, 2015
Just received this battery from Amazon this week, as I needed a new battery for my MacBook Pro (A1175) at my new job. What a complete and total piece of crap this thing is!
Even after proper calibration, the battery health is HORRIBLE! BTW - I used work for Apple, doing tech support.

The Mac OS health indicator can show one of 4 conditions:

1. Normal: The battery is functioning normally.

2. Replace Soon: The battery is functioning normally but holds less charge than it did when it was new.

3. Replace Now: The battery is functioning normally but holds significantly less charge than it did when it was new. You can continue to use the battery until you replace it without harming your computer.

4. Service Battery: The battery isn’t functioning normally, and you may or may not notice a change in its behavior or the amount of charge it holds. Take your computer in for service. You can continue to use your battery before it’s checked without harming your computer.

This battery displays as….you guessed it: 4. Service Battery

Yeah, it was inexpensive, but in this case - YOU GET LESS THAN WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Extremely disappointed with this purchase (used to be a rarity on Amazon - guess standards of what is being sold here are dropping).

I should have listened to the negative reviews…

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Accept No Other!, September 26, 2013
Had an expensive Kannastor for about 5 years (and have used many other brands) that I thought was good until picking this puppy up. All I can say is, "Wow! WORTH...EVERY...CENT!". The piece is extremely well engineered, is the perfect size (got a "small" - cannot imagine ever needing a "medium"), is lightweight & feels very rugged. Grinding is effortless, regardless of the types of herbs used. Much faster, easier to use & smoother than my old Kannastor or any other grinder I've ever used for that matter.

Don't even hesitate. If you only want to buy one grinder over the next 10+ years, just buy this one now.

Samsung© SF-5100D3 Genuine OEM Toner Cartridges (SF5100D3) - Black, 3000 Yield
Samsung© SF-5100D3 Genuine OEM Toner Cartridges (SF5100D3) - Black, 3000 Yield
Offered by Surplus Inks
Price: $29.11
8 used & new from $25.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Fit Into a Samsung ML 1210, July 26, 2013
I ordered this toner for by Samsung 1210, based upon the compatibility chart listed on this page. It is the wrong cartridge and will not fit into my printer. If you have an ML-1210, this item will not fit/work in your printer.

*UPDATE*
The seller contacted me promptly and cordially to initiate a return if the item. I will update this review, as well as my rating once the matter has been settled.

*UPDATE 2*
The seller refunded the cost of my purchase and helped to facilitate a speedy, correct replacement toner cartridge. Excellent customer service and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend working with this honest seller!!

Cloud Atlas (Blu-ray)
Cloud Atlas (Blu-ray)
DVD ~ Tom Hanks
Price: $6.97
71 used & new from $4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film Adaptation, Fantastic Film!, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
The author of the book that this film was based on also wrote the screenplay. He did an amazing job changing the sequence in which the story is told, making the 6 stories intertwine in a seamless, connective fashion. Great acting, makeup, effects, story, direction (directors of The Matrix & Run Lola Run collaborated together on this film), cinematography and looks fantastic on Blu-Ray. A beautiful, ground-breaking film. I've never seen anything like it. Very, very highly recommended!!!

New Balance Men's M890v2 Running Shoe,Black/White,10.5 D US
New Balance Men's M890v2 Running Shoe,Black/White,10.5 D US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe For My Back at a Great Price, June 27, 2013
I have lower back issues for which I recently underwent surgery. These are the most comfortable shoes I've been able to find. Extremely lightweight, good amount of cushioning, no arch/roll-bar (both exacerbate my back pain) and well constructed. I'd recommend trying a pair out at your local retailer first. If they are a good fit for you, purchase them here on Amazon for much less than most brick & mortar stores sell them for. I will probably be purchasing another pair soon.

Tomorrow's Harvest
Tomorrow's Harvest
Price: $10.00
59 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Tomorrow's Harvest (Audio CD)
I had high hopes for this album & pre-ordered shortly after it was announced. It did not disappoint. Probably one of BOC's deepest album yet. You can hear the influences of John Harrison (composed the soundtrack for George Romero's film, "Day of the Dead" ) and other 80s nostalgia. Gets better with each repeated listen. Highly recommended!

Raxxess PTSW-100
Raxxess PTSW-100
Offered by refurbXperts
Price: $18.99
11 used & new from $16.35

4.0 out of 5 stars They Are Rack Screws, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Raxxess PTSW-100 (Electronics)
Um...not sure what to write, as these are just rack screws. Shipping was fast and they fit in a standard 19" studio rack. Recommended!

Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)
Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed for My Zoom H4N, June 27, 2013
I needed an SD card for my Zoom H4N (the one it ships with is 2 GB). Formatted flawlessly & works great. Now I can record complete live shows!

Panda Mini Wifi (b/g/n) 150Mbps Wireless-N 2.4GHz USB Adapter - Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/8.1, Windows CE 5.0/6.0, Mint 13/14/15/16/17, Ubuntu 11.10/12.04/12.10/13.04/13.10/14.04, Fedora 15/16/17/18/19/20, openSUSE 11.4/12.1/12.2/12.3, Puppy 5.3.3/5.5/5.6/5.7 and TVpad Compatible
Offered by Panther One
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For the Price!, March 29, 2013
It might not be blazingly fast, but the Panda USB wi-fi adapter works very well on my 2006 Mac Pro, running both Tiger (10.4.11) & Snow Leopard (10.5.8). I installed the drivers and it connected to my network immediately. It was great to receive correspondence from the seller before even receiving the product (actually, the day after I ordered it!), providing me with download links to the drivers/software and advising that they would provide tech support.

The only issue I have is that I have to enter my WPA key every time I use the device (This may be due to "user error" & I'll follow up with tech support.)

This is a great, inexpensive wi-fi adapter and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone!!

- UPDATE 3/29/13 - 5:30pm

Wow! Panda's tech support contacted me the day that this review went live (today) and helped me configure the software to automatically connect to my router every time the machine is powered up.

I am a VERY satisfied customer. This is a great little device & the company has incredibly, proactive customer service. Thanks Panda!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 2:42 PM PDT

TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 for Mac [Old Version]
TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 for Mac [Old Version]
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine with Snow Leopard in 32 bit Mode on Our iMac (20-inch Early 2008), February 5, 2013
Not sure why people have been having issues, but this digital download installed and worked flawlessly on my iMac (20-inch Early 2008) running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) in 32 bit mode. The processor is an Intel Core Duo and I have 4 GB of RAM installed.

When I go to the black Apple at the top-right side of the screen, click on it, select "About This Mac", click the "More Info" button, Apple's System Profiler application launches. On the left-side of the System Profiler window, I select "Software". The "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" line on the right of the window reads "No", so I know I'm in 32 bit mode.

I'm very satisfied with this year's TurboTax Deluxe for Mac and would not hesitate recommending it to others.

If you want to be really safe, you may want to go to Apple's knowledge-base to see if your computer is CAPABLE of booting in 64 bit mode. You can find the article on Apple's website at the following URL:[...] . Also, if you test yourself to see if your Mac running Snow Leopard will boot in 64 bit mode, just restart the computer and hold down the "6" and "4" buttons until you get to your Finder/desktop. If you follow the steps from my second paragraph above, the "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" line on the right of the window will read "Yes", if you are booted I'm in 64 bit mode. If the Mac you own DOES NOT use the 64-bit kernel by default in Mac OS X v10.6, then the next time you restart your Mac, it will boot back up in 32 bit mode. If your Mac uses the 64-bit kernel by default, you can start up with the 32-bit kernel by holding the 3 and 2 keys during startup.

Again, I downloaded, installed and used this copy of TurboTax Deluxe in 32 bit on my iMac (20-inch Early 2008) Core 2 Duo without any problems at all.

Hope this helps some confused shoppers!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2013 6:25 AM PST