Profile for HI from HI > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HI from HI RSS Feed

10 Riffler Files Jewelers Metalsmith Filing Bench Tool
10 Riffler Files Jewelers Metalsmith Filing Bench Tool
Offered by FindingKing
Price: $12.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, October 3, 2011
This is my first set of riffler files, so I can't really say that they are better than any other set of files. However, I will say that if you build scale models, get a set of riffler files. As soon as I got this set, I was able to use it to file areas of my current project, that would not have been possible with any of my "straight" files. I would rate the "cut" on these files as medium. It has enough bite to file plastic and resin easily, without leaving gouges in the material. I have not tried it on metal, yet. I may look for a set with a finer cut, but for now, I am very happy with these.

20pc MICRO-DRILL BITS INDEX 61-80 w/ Plastic Case
20pc MICRO-DRILL BITS INDEX 61-80 w/ Plastic Case
Offered by Show-Me Tools
Price: $4.85
13 used & new from $3.74

4.0 out of 5 stars bit sizes mislabeled on Amazon listing, September 9, 2011
According to the description on Amazon, the sizes are "61-80". I assumed that this meant they were using the "wire number" sizing convention that I am familiar with, that all of my other "micro" drill bits use. However, when I got the bits, the case was labeled, ".30, .35, .40, .45, ... I was confused, at first. But, I am guessing that these are actually milimeters. So, the smallest drill bit was .30mm, which is a little smaller than a #80 drill bit. And the largest one, I think, was a 1.4mm bit. This is considerably larger than a #61 drill bit. When I went back to the Amazon site to check the "technical details", that description was worse. It said that the bits ranged from 61 to 80mm. If I am not mistaken, 80mm is over 3 inches!!!

I still gave this item, 4-stars, partly because of the price. But, mostly because for what I will use them for, I don't pick drill bits based on the "labeled" drill size, I just use whatever is needed. But, for someone who really needs a #75 drill bit, it could be bit aggravating.

Perhaps, I was sent the wrong item. I don't know. But, the cardboard box that the item came in, was labeled "61-80", as well.

Anyway, it would be nice if the description for the item were more accurate.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2012 11:31 AM PST