Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Profile for Natalie Mootz > Reviews

Browse

Natalie Mootz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 134
Helpful Votes: 2026

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Natalie Mootz RSS Feed (Huntington Beach, CA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
NIVEA In-Shower Hydrating Body Lotion for Normal to Dry Skin, 13.5 Ounce
NIVEA In-Shower Hydrating Body Lotion for Normal to Dry Skin, 13.5 Ounce
Price: $5.69
19 used & new from $5.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful lotion - but with one big flaw, January 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
UPDATED March 2015: Some people have left comments suggesting ways to conserve some water.

----ORIGINAL REVIEW----
PROs
- Works as promised. I have a lot of skin problems & I have particularly dry skin. I've tried applying baby oil or sesame oil after bathing & I never really got much help from it. This lotion, however, DOES make my skin feel soft and has helped me clear up some "winter itch" spots on my skin. This hydration is the reason I give it 4 stars.
- Easy to remember. It's right there in my shower caddy so I don't forget to use it.
- I have a very sensitive nose and I really liked the scent of it. Another reviewer said it smelled nasty but to me it was a fresh sort of flowery smell.

CONs
- This is actually a NEUTRAL point but I wanted to put my refutation of the "slippery tub" problem where most people would look for it. The slippery floors DIDN'T happen for me. I was careful rinsing right over the drain and never had to clean my tub due to slipperiness.
- Some of you will think I'm hippy-dippy for saying this, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I live in California which, as you may have heard, is in the midst of a horrible drought. The biggest downside of this lotion is that it wastes water. I've been trying for a month to find a way to work the lotion into my shower routine so that the net water usage is zero or very low. I haven't been able to solve that issue. You see, your water usage is increased because you have to add the time it takes to (1) put the lotion on and (2) rinse it off. I was only putting the lotion on my arms but it would've taken a lot longer if I'd also applied it to my legs. You don't have to count this as a downside to the product if you don't want to, but in California it's pretty important. I took off one star for the water waste.

OVERALL
I loved this lotion overall. However, it makes your shower longer so you're using more water.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2015 10:57 PM PDT

Chemical Guys SPI_993_16 Nonsense Colorless and Odorless All Surface Cleaner (16 oz)
Price: $10.42
3 used & new from $5.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for many household tasks too, January 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried this cleaner FULL STRENGTH (not diluted), using the included nozzle and just putting it in the bottle after cutting off about an inch of the tubing. (Not sure why the tube was longer than the bottle, but whatever.) I took it with me on my weekly house cleaning rounds to see if it could help.

KITCHEN COUNTER
Cleans equally to Fantastik or 409. It DIDN'T clean my tea stains, as I'd hoped. So far, the only thing that cleans iced tea stains off my white kitchen counter is the Magic Eraser.

CARPET STAIN
I usually use HotSpot to clean carpet stains from spills (drinks or cat yak) so I decided to see if this would work. It works GREAT. I used a soft cloth and the soda stain came right up without as much carpet lightening as the HotSpot.

MIRRORS/GLASS IN BATHROOM
VERY different performance depending on whether you use a soft cloth or a paper towel (I tried both). Using a cloth works GREAT. NO streaks whatsoever and a nice clean mirror. Unfortunately, the paper towel didn't work as well. As soon as the product dried I could see cloudy streaks where my paper towel had wiped. I didn't use it on my car, but based on its performance I think it would be AMAZING on your car windows with a soft cloth.

CHROME IN BATHROOM
Brilliant! The chrome fixtures gleaned like new.

HARD WATER STAINS ON GLASS SHOWER DOOR
OMG, the shower door is my nemesis. I've tried everything to clean the water spots off it with mediocre results from other products including, LimeAway, Scrubbing Bubbles, SOS pads. This Chemical Guys stuff works THE BEST. I used it full strength with a Magic Eraser and the door is almost like new!

SHOWER/TUB CLEANING
Another place where this product was WONDERFUL. I let it soak for about 15 seconds and used the Magic Eraser with the Nonsense and it cleaned grime and tub rings very well.

OTHER NOTES
ODOR: The bottle claims the cleaner is odorless -- and while its odor is very low, it's not completely odorless. There's a mild chemical smell that you can still detect in the back of your throat. It's not the worst I've ever smelled but it's not the best either.
CLOTH VS. PAPER TOWEL: When possible it's better to use either a cloth with this cleaner (e.g., mirrors) or a Magic Eraser (e.g., tubs). It leaves smudge & streaks with a paper towel.
DRY SKIN: Don't do house cleaning without your rubber gloves on because it dries your skin a LOT. I imagine if you're using it on your car that you should try NOT to get it on your skin too much unless it's very diluted.

OVERALL
I will definitely be putting this cleaner in my rotation of house cleaning products. It works very well on carpet stains, tub surfaces, chrome, and hard water spots. However, it won't be replacing my regular cleaners for mirrors (Windex because I prefer paper towels over cloth) or counter stains (Magic Eraser alone).

App Inventor 2
App Inventor 2
by David Wolber
Price: $31.50
74 used & new from $16.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great content - but you can get it for free online, January 13, 2015
This review is from: App Inventor 2 (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Reviewing this book is bittersweet. On the one hand, it has extremely clear and easy to follow exercises that show you different ways to make your own app, even if you're not a programmer. I really got a kick out of seeing my own apps working on my phone and sending them to my friends. It's also got me thinking about possible apps I could make on my own. (Don't we all want to be one of those viral app creators??) On the other hand, most of this material is available for free on App Inventor 2's website. The exercises are exactly the same. So I'm giving 5-stars to the actual content of the book, which is excellent and easy to use. But I'm not so sure you should pay money for this book unless you prefer hardcopy books.

GE Align AM Lighting Bulb 75534 LED 11-watt 900-Lumen Dimmable A19 Bulb Medium Base, 1-Pack
Price: $24.97
9 used & new from $21.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it a try, it helped my morning grogs, January 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Embarrassing fact about me: I have what's called "sleep drunkenness." Now, don't laugh! It's really a thing! Basically, when I first wake up I'm a grump, I don't like talking to people or even listening to them, and my brain is a bit fuzzy. My husband has learned to take a detour around me until I've woken up. I call it "the grogs" and it lasts about 5-10 minutes after I wake up -- even after a nap. So I wanted to try this light bulb to see if it might shorten my grogs.

PROS
- It does seem to help me get over my morning grogginess quicker than opening the blinds alone does. I'm only groggy for a couple of minutes when I remember to turn on this lamp.
- The light is extremely bright.
- Being cautious about when I turn on the lamp has helped me save a little bit on electric bills.

CONS
- I installed it in our large bedroom lamp and as a result we can't use that lamp at night (because allegedly the light will impact our sleep cycles). I haven't tested the theory that the light may impede my sleep because, well, I like a good night's sleep, Amazon reviews notwithstanding. So I'm not sure if it actually would keep me awake or not.
- You really need to install this in a lamp that has more than one bulb to choose from, like a ceiling fan that allows you to choose the lights when you pull the chain. If you do it like I did, you'll need to get another lamp for night time in that same room. (We already had small bedside lamps so it wasn't a huge issue for us.)
- If you do install it in a ceiling fan, I suggest using all LED bulbs instead of mixing this bulb in one lamp along with other fluorescent bulbs. I tried this with my ceiling fan and MAN when I turned on the light in the morning with the mix of both bulbs I outright WINCED at the weird, strong brightness of the combination. It gave me a headache! So learn from my fail.

Olay ProX Even Skin Tone Brightening Renewal Cream Moisturizer 1.7 Oz
Olay ProX Even Skin Tone Brightening Renewal Cream Moisturizer 1.7 Oz
Offered by SoSam Products LLC
Price: $27.72
34 used & new from $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice moisturizing but Olay has better, December 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This nighttime moisturizer is okay but it's not the best I've used. It feels very cool and soft when you apply it. There's no fragrance that I can smell. The consistency is a bit odd. It's thicker than a lotion but not as thick as a cream. You have to use VERY light coverage with it because if you put it on too thick it gets gooey -- you can rub it off with your fingers. Yuck! My skin does feel nice right after applying it, but it doesn't stay as soft in the morning as my Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Night Firming Treatment. I didn't see a whole lot of difference in my skin tone. It's a good moisturizer but it's not as good as Total Effects.

L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate, 7 fl. oz.
L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate, 7 fl. oz.
Price: $50.00
5 used & new from $50.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Unpleasant "food" smell and not a good moisturizer, December 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm in the habit of putting lotion on my arms before I go to bed at night. I usually use Gold Bond but I thought I would give L'Occitane a try. The creamy texture feels cool and comforting when you put it on. However, there are some big minuses: (1) I didn't care for the scent. Other people may like it but it's too cloying for me. I don't want to smell like cake frosting. (2) It doesn't work as well as my much-cheaper Gold Bond cream. After 3 nights of usage my skin was already showing a return to scaly form (which I had previously corrected over weeks with my other cream). I was very disappointed that my skin actually went BACKWARDS and got drier. (3) $49??? Seriously?? Dude. I can't even.

V8 Protein Shake, Chocolate Raspberry, 10 Ounce (Pack of 24)
V8 Protein Shake, Chocolate Raspberry, 10 Ounce (Pack of 24)
Offered by Smile Holiday
Price: $99.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange aftertaste + muddy texture, December 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
On the plus side, these shakes tasted better than I thought they would. However, the raspberry flavor is a bit weird and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. Additionally, it has the same texture as most bottled protein drinks: even if you shake it up it still feels muddy in your mouth. I don't think I'll try this flavor again but I might give a different flavor a try. I gave it 3 stars because they are pretty similar to other shakes (Special K, etc.) so they are okay, just not fantastic.

Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Fragrance Free Odor Control Multi-Cat Scoop Cat Litter Box, 21-Pound
Price: $21.26
3 used & new from $15.11

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't make a significant difference in the weight of the box, adequate clumping/odor, December 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The box is a little bit lighter than our usual cat litter (Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal). However, it wasn't enough of a difference that I would've noticed it if the box hadn't said it was supposed to be lighter. The clumping and the odor control seemed about the same as our usual litter -- nothing special there. As far as how our cats reacted to it: they didn't seem to notice it.
BOTTOM LINE: If it's cheaper than your favorite litter, try it out. Otherwise I don't see the point in switching.

Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing
Offered by PCNation
Price: Click here to see our price
110 used & new from $156.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up + quick, crisp, quiet output, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this printer is. It outperforms our old all-in-one inkjet by a mile. I highly recommend it.

PROs
- Extremely easy to set up. I had it up and running on our network in about 15 minutes.
- Small footprint on the desk (smaller than the inkjet AND includes an internal paper tray which the inkjet didn't have).
- Much nicer copies than our inkjet. Even though it's black-and-white printing/copying only, I realized that there isn't much I need to print in color. We don't print photos and maps look just fine in black & white.
- Prints quickly and VERY quietly. At first I didn't even realize the print test worked because it came out so quickly and quietly!
- Much easier to scan than our old inkjet. Just press the button. Scans in color.

CONs
- The printed instructions for setup didn't work exactly right for my Mac. However, a quick & easy visit to the support website helped me resolve the issue quickly.
- I couldn't get the Android app to work correctly. It doesn't bother me too much because I've never had the urge to print something directly from my phone.
- OCR scanning doesn't work automatically on the Mac: I would've needed to install a third-party program in order for the scanner to capture OCR for me.

NOTES:
- I installed this printer on a Mac running OS 10.9.
- My router has a WPS button (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) making setup on a network SUPER easy. Your mileage may vary.
- I don't use a landline so I didn't test the Fax capabilities of this printer.
- When scanning with the Scan button sometimes you get the message "Check connection," but that just means you forgot to open the desktop scanning software before pressing the button.

Woolx Men's Heavyweight Tops with Thumbholes, Black, Large (42-44)
Woolx Men's Heavyweight Tops with Thumbholes, Black, Large (42-44)
Price: $99.00
2 used & new from $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, comfortable, stylish, good heat regulation, November 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's a very comfortable and stylish sweater. It regulates the temperature well, without making me feel too hot or too cold. I wore it all day to work. I walked outside when it was sunny and later when it was overcast, and I was comfortable in both weather situations. The sweater was very soft and comfortable, not itchy like you might expect from wool, just softness. Will be wearing this again throughout the Fall and Winter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14