Profile for McDave > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

McDave RSS Feed

The High Window: A Novel (Philip Marlowe series Book 3)
The High Window: A Novel (Philip Marlowe series Book 3)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dated - of course,but a good read., March 23, 2014
it will keep one's attention for a couple of evenings. LA in the ripe old days and that sort of thing.

Night Vision (A Doc Ford Novel Book 18)
Night Vision (A Doc Ford Novel Book 18)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Unreal peoples unreal situations, February 22, 2014
I read it because someone said it was like John D. McDonald. I guess I can understand why one might say that, but this is all pretty formulaic. That is not to say that I didn't stay up until all hours to finish it!

Samsung SA-S36001 Unlocked Phone - International Version - Luxury Gold
Samsung SA-S36001 Unlocked Phone - International Version - Luxury Gold
2 used & new from $32.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, the phone seems OK, but..., July 23, 2012
I received the phone and it seems to be working OK - the reception is good enough (I have only had the phone for a week so I haven't had a lot of experience with it) and I am told by people I talk to that they can hear me well and that the fidelity is good. I'd be much happier with the phone if I knew how to use its capabilities. It does not come with a User Guide; only a Quick Start guide. Therefor one is on one's own in figuring out how to enter names into the contacts list, how to use the camera, how to download and change ring tones, and all the other capabilities that one expects on a good cell phone these days, and which it seems this phone is capable of were one to have guidance on how to make use of them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2012 11:27 PM PST

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 20-60 x80 (45 degree) Spotting Scope
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 20-60 x80 (45 degree) Spotting Scope
Price: $417.95
36 used & new from $417.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective?, January 28, 2012
I liked the optics and general design of this scope, but found that the zoom focus adjustment was so stiff that I could not apply enough force to rotate it without causing the scope to loose its center on the object I wanted to view. This was so pronounced that I find it very difficult to believe that the scope was designed this way and suspect that I possibly got a defective scope.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2013 12:24 PM PST

Garmin City Navigator India Map microSD Card
Garmin City Navigator India Map microSD Card
Offered by WorldShop
Price: $38.00
6 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for prime time, December 21, 2010
I used this card while on tour in Southern India during November and December of 2010. It is probably OK for use in the major cities, but once into the countryside many of the smaller communities do not appear in the database, roads that do exist don't show, roads that don't exist do. Compared to the US City Navigator card, I found that depending on the India card would regularly lead one astray.