Profile for Flood > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Flood RSS Feed (Charlotte, NC USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Disc Pendant - Gremlin - Chew Necklace for Sensory, Oral Motor, Anxiety, Autism, ADHD
Offered by Chewigem™ USA
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., December 21, 2014
Well worth it. No signs of wear. In fact, it still looks brand new after one month of daily use.

My son is a moderately heavy chewer and has destroyed 2 of the jewel-type chewy necklaces in the amount of time he has been using the Chewigem.

The only other chewy necklace that he did not destroy immediately was a heavy gauge Thera-band tied in a circle. However, this makeshift solution was just too messy. He would get saliva all over the place. The Chewigem solves this because he is only chewing on the gem itself and not all around the necklace.

Although it is somewhat overpriced IMO. It is the most cost effective solution for us because of the durability. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Purchase from Go Krazy Wireless (a.k.a. GKW), February 24, 2014
Although, I have my doubts about any of these Amazon sellers offering "New" aftermarket iPhone 4s batteries.

I received two batteries from Go Krazy Wireless and it was obvious they were NOT new. The black outer wrapping had scraps/gouges and it was partially detached along the seams. And most telling of all, there were circular scratches on the connector where screws were previously placed.

To confirm my suspicion, I decided to perform a simple battery life test seen on many tech blogs. I have 2 iPhone 4s's. So, I installed one of the batteries from Go Krazy Wireless in one iPhone 4s and left the the 2 year old heavily used original battery in the other iPhone 4s. I charged them both to 100%. Then I set them up identically; wi-fi on and connected, bluetooth on, autolock on never, and screen brightness on maximum. I then let Fruit Ninja's start screen run until they shut down (I'm sure you can guess the result). The battery I purchased on Amazon from Go Krazy Wireless lasted less than 10 minutes longer than the poor performing battery that I need to replace. This is not even close to how a NEW battery should perform vs a 2 year old heavily used OEM battery.

I will give the seller credit for providing a full refund. However, I still feel one star is warranted due to the misrepresentation of a used product as new. Buyer Beware.

No Title Available

Mediabridge Dual USB 3.4A (17W) Car Charger for Apple Devices, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/3/II, HTC, Kindle HD/HDX
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Dual USB Car Adapter currently available, June 7, 2012
This is the only adapter I could find that offered 2.1 amp and 1.0 amp simultaneous charging. Most other adapters will drop the 2.1 amp port to 1.1-1.5 amps when the other port is used.

I have been using it for several weeks now and I'm very happy with this purchase. Have used with iPhone 4s and iPad (3rd Gen) connected at the same time and the charger works great.

In addition, the adapter seems to be very high quality. Sturdy plastic and spring loaded steel pins. I was also happy to see that the adapter is smaller than it appears in the photos. Very reasonable size for the specs.

I wouldn't trade this charger for any other charger on the market regardless of brand or price. Highly recommended.

iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7)/ 5s/ 5c/4s, Galaxy S4/S3//S2. HTC One- Retail Packaging- Black
Price: $19.99
14 used & new from $14.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Suction cup better than super glue., May 21, 2012
One handed mounting is very convenient. The mount seems to be made of a good quality plastic with strong knobs and hinges. It holds the iPhone 4s in an Acase(TM) iPhone 4 and 4S Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) case (Fits AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4 and 4S) with a the charging cable attached. Excellent - all my requirements met.

However, the suction cup is almost ridiculous the way it sticks to flat smooth surfaces. After the first application, it is not coming off without some time and effort prying it away (and, yes the suction lock lever was released). I would suggest using a crowbar. It might loosen it's grip with time as some debris accumulates on the surface but that's definitely not the case when new.

My initial plan was to store the mount in the glove box after each use but then I quickly realized that was just not practical. I applied it a second time and plan to leave it there until it falls off. I'm fairly sure the zombie apocalypse will arrive first, so no worries there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the sticking power of the suction cup. You want it to stay put and it will. However, I imagine the force required to remove a strong healthy non-defanged headcrab would be less than this thing. So, don't say your weren't warned.

I will probably purchase one more for the other car since installation is semi-permanent.
Comment Comments (32) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 6:49 PM PDT

adidas Youth 6-Pack Low Cut Sock, White/Black, Small (Shoe Size 9-1)
adidas Youth 6-Pack Low Cut Sock, White/Black, Small (Shoe Size 9-1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Pills up easily, April 12, 2012
Tight thick quality knitting (i.e. not thin). However, after the first washing the fabric rolls up into many small balls ("pills up"). This gets worse with each subsequent washing. That has not been the case with other brands. Will try a different brand next time.

Best Selling Yoobao Executive Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 (Version 3 Black) from Xengadget

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for the new iPad (iPad3) - Sleep/Awake works fine, March 26, 2012
I've had this case for 2 weeks now and I can report that this case:

*Sleep/Awake magnetic cover works just fine on the new iPad. I don't know why so many others are having problems but mine works as it should every time I open and close it. Maybe some of the 3rd party sellers are shipping earlier versions of this case. I received the latest version (version 3) as indicated on the box. Or possibly some people are not inserting the iPad all the way into the case and the front flap is not closing fully. Keep in mind it is a slightly tighter fit because the new iPad is 0.6mm thicker. Regardless, giving a product a bad review for not functioning properly with a product that it never claimed to be compatible with is complete and utter nonsense. Nowhere in this listing does it state this case is compatible with the new iPad or iPad 3.

*fits the new iPad perfectly - held snug in the case.

*construction seems first rate. With this case, I have no concern about just tossing the new iPad in an attache case or backpack.

*has high quality leather that gives it a classic look and feel while adding minimal bulk and weight. This is one of the few leather iPad cases that have the corners (the most likely area to hit if dropped) completely enclosed - this will offer some drop protection especially directly along the seam where the leather and other materials (e.g. fiberboard, microfiber cloth, etc.) come together (see photos). It's obvious that the case would absorb more of an impact here than a leather case with open corners.

*should work with any 3.5mm headphone connector. The 30-pin dock connector opening seems fairly large but I've only used the Apple cable. So, I cannot comment on 3rd party dock connectors.

*has a good quality soft microfiber material on the inside. I've not had an issue with it attracting dirt or debris.

*The stand works well on hard flat surfaces for both typing and viewing positions. On softer or inclined surfaces the front flap can fall out but any design change to better hold the flap would have likely added more bulk. A trade off I'm definitely willing to make.

I'm really enjoying this case and highly recommended it. For around 30 bucks it is an excellent value. Pair it with a good screen protector and you're golden for everyday use.

QuickFlipCase for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, Apple Bumper Edition, Grantwood Technology's Premium Leather Horizontal Flip Case (Black)
Offered by Grantwood Technology
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Acase Superleggera Pro, March 2, 2012
Based on the info in the previous review by Win, I decided to try this holster. I'm very happy I did. (Thanks Win)

The holster is a perfect fit for my iPhone 4s with the Acase(TM) iPhone 4 and 4S Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Red/Black) case (Fits AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4 and 4S). It's not too tight to make it difficult to remove the phone but it is snug enough that the phone feels very secure. I've been shopping around in the stores for several weeks and this is the first holster I've found that fits perfectly with this case. (FYI: This holster has extra room inside to accommodate iPhone's with a protective case or bumper - will not work with a bare iPhone...fit will be too loose)

The leather and stitching seems to be very good quality. It looks great with jeans or with a shirt and tie. The clip is quite sturdy and it clicks firmly into place when rotating from vertical to horizontal orientation. In fact, I walked too close to a door today and holster caught on the edge of the door (totally the fault of my clumsiness). And the holster did it's job nicely. The clip stayed on my pants and the impact was dissipated by the clip being allowed the rotate without breaking the clip, without the phone falling to the floor and without my pants being torn (thin pair of slacks).

The leather and stitching on the holster is very attractive. The magnet closure is secure but still easy to open. The cutout on the bottom of the case to push the phone up makes removal a snap.

The interior seems to be some type of smooth finely knit nylon or vinyl that lays perfectly flat. So, it should not be an issue with it scratching the screen. However, I would prefer a microfiber type material to help further prevent screen irritation. However, if you're using a screen protector (which I am) this is of no consequence.

I would highly recommend this holster. In fact, I may purchase another one for my wife even though she carries her iPhone in her purse 90% of the time. Who knows? She might like it better and at worst I will just have a backup holster.

Compatible Black High Yield Dell 310-5417 Toner Cartridge For Dell 1600n
Compatible Black High Yield Dell 310-5417 Toner Cartridge For Dell 1600n
Offered by Supplies_Outlet
Price: $21.79
22 used & new from $16.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, February 26, 2012
Been using for one month. Yield seems on par with OEM cartridge. However, the center of the prints have elevated ink that smears easily. Creates multiple shadowed images down the center of the page with each spin of the roller, although it is not very noticeable unless there is a dense area of printing at the top of the page. It's serviceable for normal text documents. Not near the quality of an OEM Dell toner cartridge. But what do expect for one quarter the price?

I will likely continue using re-manufactured / off-brand cartridges but I think I'll try a different brand next time. Although, my fear is this may be as good as it gets without spending nearly $100 for the official Dell cartridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish case. Best value. No Flash problem., February 26, 2012
I've had this case almost 2 weeks and I love it. I offers good protection while adding very little bulk. I would not be worried about dropping my iPhone 4s onto a hard flat surface from normal ear height (5-6 feet).

The deep red metallic rubberized plastic outer shell is very attractive. I like having a stylish case that still looks professional.

Using a front and rear screen protector does not effect the fit. In fact, I think it fits a little better this way...more snug.

Also, I've tested the flash with and without the case. No washout or glare experienced either way. I'm no camera expert but I do a fair amount of DSLR photography including on-camera and off-camera flash. So, I'm well aware of the phenomenon which others are describing. I just haven't experienced it yet.

Page: 1 | 2