Profile for Christopher Welch > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher Welch RSS Feed (Northern NJ, USA)

Humility
Humility
by C. Peter Wagner
26 used & new from $3.68

4.0 out of 5 stars A great introductory resource on Humility, December 20, 2009
This review is from: Humility (Paperback)
This book was a great resource to help individuals to identify areas of pride in their lives. Drawing heavily from Andrew Murray's classic book, and the Bible, Wagner lays out 5 ways to identify strongholds of pride, and 10 ways to identify progress towards humility. The book is full of examples from the author's own life, and is a relatively quick read (if you don't count all the time you'll spend in prayer and meditation to break those strongholds in your own life).

Overall, this was a great introductory resource for those who are just beginning to break free from the grip of pride in their own lives.

I would disagree with the other reviewer who rated this book a 1... I haven't read the other gentleman's book (although I plan to), but I feel you can get a lot out of this book if you want to.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition (3rd Edition)
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition (3rd Edition)
by Joy Bauer
97 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good 101 book - has depth and is easy to "digest", March 29, 2008
I'm a professional, but frankly never learned good fundamentals of nutrition. This book really lays out the basics, including all the compounds that nourish our bodies. I was definitely empowered to change my eating habits, understand why some foods are good and bad, and dig down to the next level of detail. This is a great book in the "Idiot's" series and I would say this is a good book to have around your bookshelf.

HP EX475 MediaSmart Home Server (AMD Live, Windows Home Server, 1 TB Hard Drive)

1.0 out of 5 stars Data Corruption Bug plauges this product, March 15, 2008
Although this is a very well designed and easy to use product, there is a very serious data corruption bug that plauges this device. It affects all multi-drive Windows Home Servers including this device. Microsoft plans to release a patch in June 2008. DO NOT PURCHASE UNTIL THEN. This is a very bad bug that corrupted my Quicken financial data with 5 years of data. It also affects programs like Office, Money, QuickBooks, iTunes, Media Player, etc.

I purchased it at Circuit City, but they are going to be charging me a 15% restocking fee ($112), even though the Operating System itself doesn't work. This has been a very diffcult week in computers...

Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop
Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop
Offered by BigKitchen
Price: $32.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scoop. Bad discoloration, September 15, 2005
I enjoy the scoop immensly. Solid feeling in your hand, and performs like a pro. Unfortunately, after washing it and placing it in my drying tray, the water on the bottom of my tray badly discolored the scoop, turning it a dark brown color. The discoloration doesn't go away either. Buy the scoop, love the scoop, but please keep it dry!

Calphalon D87821/2P Commercial Hard-Anodized 2-1/2-Quart Shallow Saucepan with Lid
5 used & new from $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking. A bit too soft, September 15, 2005
I purchased this product during a great Amazon.com 1-day sale. After receiving it, I noticed the lid was a bit bent, it took nothing to bend it back into shape with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. I discovered that while it was a good looking pot, it lacked a little of the girth and weight I would expect from a hard anodized pot. Buy it for the price, but be aware that even hard-anodized aluminum is much more fragile than even inexpensive stainless-steel cookware.