Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for T. Meyer > Reviews

Browse

T. Meyer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Meyer "Mr. Meyer" RSS Feed (US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Emgo Universal Cruiser Motorcycle Mirror - 10mm Thread Black
Emgo Universal Cruiser Motorcycle Mirror - 10mm Thread Black
Offered by Orange Cycle Parts
Price: $19.94
3 used & new from $19.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and Sturdy, little short, both in height and adjustability. Needed extenders..., July 26, 2013
Bought these because of their sturdiness, and they are sturdy. Being all metal allows for no extra vibrations. However I don't want to paint a picture that they get rid of vibrations. They do vibrate still, but that's really the fault of my bike (2002 Suzuki GS500). It's a rigid metal fixture sticking out of ridgid handle bars, your gonna get vibrations. But I can identify vehilce makes and sometimes models behind me within approx 300 ft. And if I pull in the clutch, the vibrations stop and I can see clearly if it's a COP, "Ahhhh!"

For my bike though the mirrors did not extend far enough out to let me see behind me, mostly saw my arms. I liked the rigidness of the mirros and didn't want to go with plastic (which seemed to be my only alternative) so I bought some "10mm CNC Motorcycle Mirror Riser Extender." Now they extend far enough and I can see behind me. So happy I did. Before I was leaning over to try and get a clear view behind me, often taking 2 seconds, which is 2 seconds not looking at the road. Very stupid. With these mirrors and the extenders, all I need is a split second glance.

The reason for the loss of the star is for a couple reasons. They are a little short, so you may need extenders. They also are a little short on the adjustability. Once you have installed them and tightened up the lower and uper nutts, you have a very little range to swivel your mirror from there on it's joint. So make sure before you tighten the nuts, it's where you want it or you'll find yourself untightening the nutts over and over again. It wasn't to bad once I learned the proper way to do it and where I was aiming. Because I wasn't installing the mirrors on a road, it was harder to judge if I got them right. I suggest starting by centering the swivel joint behind the mirror so you have play in every direction. Then adjust the support bar and tighten the nutts once you think you've got it. You should have enough play from there in the swivel to fine tune. But it's just that, a fine tune. I've had other mirrors where I've had 4 times the range of motion. The last reason for a one star loss is that in each mirror, the rubber around the mirror is scrunched in one spot. This will probably have no future impact as to performance and quality and is just a side affect of how it's manufactured. They would probably cost more if they scruch was gone due to a more expensive intallation process. For those reason's I do feel a star should be lost. But I'm keeping them and I am very happy with them, now that I have extenders.

Lastly I think I should mention that the mirrors seem flat as can be and I do not notice any imprfections in them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I can SEEEEEE!!!, July 26, 2013
Have a 2002 Suzuki GS500. Bought the "Emgo Universal Cruiser Motorcycle Mirror - 10mm Thread Black" prior to buying these extender. Mirrors are nice and sturdy but don't extend far enough for my bike. Bought these extenders and can now see cars behind me. Before I'd spend 2 seconds to lean over and get a clear view of my rear. That's 2 seconds not looking in front of me, very dangerous, and stupid, so I basically stopped using the mirros as much. Now it's a split second glance to see behind me. They look great, no complaints about the quality. I wouldn't have minded them being a little longer, but that's okay, I'm sure if they were longer, people would say they want them shorter. They do the job and do it well. I was a littler worried when I ordered them that they would block access to my kill switch and choke control, but they go up fast enough to give me adequate clearance.

As for vibrations, I do not notice any extra vibrations with these compared to when the mirrors were installed without them. In fact, for some reason, there seems to be less vibration. Or maybe I'm just so happy to see behind me.

If you are wondering, I don't see any reason why you couldn't double up these. In other words, install one on top of another for extended reach, may start to look goofy though.

Hope this helps. Will update if anything crazy happens.

Orbit 54071 Sprinkler System 180 Degree Pattern 1-3/4-Inch Brass Pop-Up Spray Head
Price: $7.19
17 used & new from $2.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, time will tell..., January 20, 2013
I replaced two of my plastic sprinkler heads with the Orbit Sprinkler 360 Brass head. Installation was easy enough, no surprises. I like the water flow out of them better than the plastic. The water flow adjustment is very sensitive. Turning just a little makes a big change, but doesn't bug me to much. Hoping this will outlast my plastic heads and survive attacks by the lawn care people. I'll try one of the 90 or 180 degrees someday soon and update as to any issues with changing the direction, but I couldn't imagine any major issues. I will be sure to update if these fail suddenly or some other weird thing happens.

HTC Rezound, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
HTC Rezound, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
3 used & new from $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived Fall at 65 MPH!, September 23, 2012
Yesterday my family and I headed into town to do some shopping. While putting our young son in his car seat, my wife set her phone (HTC Rezound with Seidio CSK3HTRZD-GR ACTIVE Case for HTC Rezound - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Garnet Red and a ZAGG screen protector) on top of the car. We took off never thinking about it again until we hit the highway. I was accelerating to 75mph and had just hit 65mph when we heard some tumbling sounds on top of the car. I asked "what is that?" but my wife knew right away and said "O Damn it my phone!" I looked in my rear view mirror to see the phone bouncing off the pavement. The force of impact separated the phone from the Seidio case, which consisted of a skeleton and a inner rubber case, which also separated from each other. I watched all three pieces soar 5+ feet into the air. I did a u-turn over the small median and drove back a little to the scene. Getting out of the car I ran and recovered the phone before another vehicle came and crushed it. I found the case about 50 feet back from the phone. The phone seemed to have skid on its screen to a stop after bouncing.

After inspecting the phone, there was next to no physical damage to it. The ZAGG invisible shield seemed to do it's job as no scratches were found on the screen. The skeleton piece of the phone case had most of the damage, which was just scratches from the pavement. Putting the case back on, my wife checked the functionality of the phone from calls to the camera, all has checked out just fine. I was impressed.

I know there is many more factors that constitute a 5 star rating, but I love this phone for reason's that many other's have stated so I have no reason to repeat them here. The only thing I don't like is of course, the battery life. Accept for that, this phone is awesome.

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, Black 32GB  (Verizon Wireless)
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless)
Offered by Discounts LLC
Price: $179.95
7 used & new from $67.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Questionable Screen Crack Issue, May 14, 2012
This is not really a review but a question out to the Maxx owner's out there in order to help us potential Maxx owner's. To maintain the positive reviews that this phone is getting, I put it at 5 stars, but it in no way reflexs my experience with the phone. My hope is that through comments this review will become helpful to those who are concerned about the Droid Razer Screen Cracking issue that seems to be growing.

I just ask that anyone out there that has the Maxx to please report through a comment to this review as to:
-How long they have owned the phone?
-What type of protection does the phone have? (case, screen protector, etc...)
-How rough is it handled?
-What type of weather does it normally operate in?
-Has the screen ever cracked?
-Anything else you feel might help us potential buyers.

Thank you in advance.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2012 8:01 AM PST

Dance Central 2 - Xbox 360
Dance Central 2 - Xbox 360
Offered by Ash Ruby
Price: $18.89
306 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My Pregnant Wife and Mother in Law, October 25, 2011
This is not meant to be a big in-depth review. I merely want to state the features from Dance Central 1 (DC1) that were important to me and how they are matched or better in Dance Central 2 (DC2). But first I want to say that my pregnant wife and mother-n-law are having a blast playing it.

Menu/Navigation:
DC1 was my favorite Kinect game to navigate, second is Your Shape. It just is so intuitive to just stick out your hands and swipe. I find menus that require you to hover more annoying and difficult to navigate. DC2 maintains the DC1's navigation style and adds a nice click sound to it. Doesn't really add anything but more importantly doesn't take anything away. What makes navigation in DC2 better though is the incorporated voice controls, they are responsive enough to use and have so far been coming in very handy. What I like most about the voice commands is that you don't have to pause after you say "xbox" and then say "Dance", you just say "Xbox Dance". Nice. I use it most in break down mode, Love it.

Learning Moves and Slow Mode:
I think something that all people enjoy about DC1 is how accurately you have to do the moves to make them count. But this requires a good system to help you learn them. DC1 had an adequate system. You always had the option to slow down a move and learn it in slow mo and then speed up once you felt ready. The only issue was when it let you continue onto the next move before you wanted to, there was no way (that I know of) to go back. DC2 incorporates the same slow mo training but adds a few extra options. It allows you to go back to previous moves if it skips on to another move before you are done, Big Plus. You can do this by either saying "Xbox Previous" or lifting your right arm at 45 degrees to bring up the menu and select "previous." To go into slow mo you must say "Xbox Slowdown" or use your right arm. I kind of miss the old swipe left at the top of the screen to slow down as it was fast, but I understand why they took it out; I can remember several times when I'd accidentally swipe upper left and go into slow mo when I didn't want to. Using your voice to give the xbox commands to go to the into slow mo is just as fast, but you can't turn your music up so loud your neighbors can hear because you xbox won't be able to hear you. But you can have the volume at a decent level. My voice had to be nice and firm though (not shouting), of course you can probably speak quieter if you reduce the TV volume even more. You can of course skip ahead a move as well and you now have the ability to focus on specific moves from the menu. This is a huge plus. So happy to see all these additions.

Accuracy of Moves and 2-Player:
While I loved DC1, like everyone else I wanted 2 players to be able to be tracked at the same time. As you know DC2 does. My main fear was a loss of accuracy with tracking two players. I have not yet noticed any reduction of accuracy. This is such a big accomplishment for DC2 and probably the biggest plus. No more feeling dumb dancing by myself. Now I just have to make sure I don't knock out my wife when I swing or kick out my arm/legs during some of the moves.

Funny Videos of yourself:
DC1 as you probably know had moments during each song when you could self-dance and then it would play it back to you and you could laugh at yourself. DC2 continues this but also incorporates and self video when you are learning a move. You have the option to record and view yourself trying to do a move. This is a cool feature. Not sure how useful it is yet.

What Else:
There are a couple more things worthy of note.
-First: The music selection is great, no complaint there.
-Second: It allows the second player to jump in and out of a song. This is one of my favorite features in these types of games.
-Third: it identifies each player pretty well and will ask if it's confused. I like that. Games that don't do this well are annoying, sometimes I have had to restart such games just because it identified the wrong person and had no way to correct it in game.
-Fourth: There are some minor additions to graphics and play cards that make the experience just a little bit more fun.

I hope this review has helped. There has been nothing yet that I liked about DC1 that is not in DC2. I am very happy to say that DC2 keeps what was good about DC1 and adds only what will make it just that much better. A hard task too accomplish that many companies do not always accomplish.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2011 8:44 AM PDT

Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table Extension
Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table Extension
Price: $329.99
3 used & new from $329.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Router Table, Hope I can answer some questions..., October 1, 2011
Length:: 4:23 Mins

After reading reviews and watching whatever video's I could find on this Router Table, I still had some questions. Now that I've purchase the Router Table I'd like to answer those questions. Although my answers will be focused around my setup, I will try to answer them for other setups. I have a Ridgid R4512 Cast Iron Table Saw, the RIDGID R29302 2 HP Multi Base Router Combo, and the RIDGID WD1450 shop vac. Yes, I like Ridgid. I have made a small film which I hope will clarify my answers even more. Let start with my main question:

1. How will this Router Table mount to my Table Saw?
This was my biggest concern. Initially I was wondering if I had to mount it to the left or right side of my table saw. I first thought it would be best mounted by rails to the right side of my table saw. But upon receiving the Router table, I found that the 6 holes (3 on either side) for mounting to the table saw rails did not line up correctly with the bolt slots on my rails. The holes were about 3mm to low. It would have installed 3mm higher than the surface of my table saw. I also became a little uncomfortable with that much weight so far out there on my rails. Yes the rails could support the weight, but I'd rather not.

So I decided to use the more standard way of mounting it and that was to use the pre drilled holes on the back of the router table. There are seven large pre drilled holes. They are meant for two common setups; Table saws with 4 mounting holes or table saws with 3 mounting holes. My setup has 3 mounting holes. I knew I had to mount this 50lb router table myself, (no, my wife couldn't help, she's pregnant), so I grabbed a scrap 2x4 to help support it as I inserted the bolts. Surprisingly, the scrap 2x4 was the exact height I needed it to be, you'll need to cut yours if it isn't. Also, others and myself suggest using two 2x4s. I inserted the two outer most bolts first, made sure the top was level and flush with the table saw top and then tightened. The two bolts held it in place just fine. Now time for the center bolt... uh oh!

Looking back at the manual it clearly states you cannot install the router table to the left side of a table saw that has a left tilting blade. This is because left tilting table saws bulge out a little bit on the left making it nearly impossible to screw in the center bolt. Why Bench dog couldn't have adjusted their design to make more space up there to do so, I don't know, this would be my first, but small, con. However, I did say "nearly impossible" because I found a way to do it. I had to use my original bolt that came with my table saw because it screwed in using a hex bit, which is small and done by inserting the bit into the center. The bolts that come with the router table require a 17mm wrench, way too big to get up there in the tinny space made by my left tilting table saw. I also had to use ¼ inch drive flex breaker bar in order to get in the tiny space and apply enough side force to tighten the bolt. I wouldn't say it's as tight as the outer bolts, but it is definitely tight. I am still on the lookout for a bit head that is shorter than what I currently have, this would allow me to get it even more tight because of the extra space that would be provided. So I now have the router table installed on the left side of a left tilting table saw. If you have a 4 hole set up, both of your center holes would have to be tightened in the small space created by the bulge. If you don't have a left tilting table saw and are installing on the left side, your life will be allot easier, at least as far as that center bolt/s go/es.

SPECIAL NOTE: If you have a large router and a left-tilting table saw, you may have issues installing the router table on the left side. My small 2hp Ridgid router fits with space to spare, but bigger routers may have trouble.

I can say after having mounted it that it is flat as can be and I was able to make it flush with my table saw. There was still room to nudge it into a more perfecteous alignment, if there is one. All in all I have no complaints with how flat it is and how well you can align it to you table saw.

2. Is it easy to and what is the best way to align the router plate?
I wouldn't say it's easy to align the router plate. But it wasn't a difficult task either and the fact that you have 10 alignment screws and can achieve perfection is awesome. I did it by first raising the screws so that the router plate was just below the top of the router table, eye-balling of course. Then, one by one, going around the rectangle, I adjusted each alignment screw sequentially. I ran a board across the top at each location as I adjusted it to make sure it could pass over without catching yet did not dip. This method seemed to work for me. I'd be happy to hear anyone else's methods.

3. How do I align the fence accurately for a cut?
This is probably a naive question, but I'm pretty new to these tools and honestly, it was a question I had before buying it, so I don't want to leave it out. However, I think it was the manual that suggested I use a combination square, and to my luck, I had recently purchased one for the assembly of my table saw. With a combination square, all you have to do is select the distance you want, then place it on either side of the router table, using the front side of the router table as a guide, and pulling the fence to meet the ruler portion of the square. Do this of course on both the right and left outer edges of the front side. This is such an easy and accurate process, I was very happy. I honestly thought I was going to have to do some crazy measuring technique with a measuring tape, which would work, just not as quick and has a greater chance of inaccuracy.

The fence it self is pretty hefty. When tightened down it will not budge. Everything on it is adjustable. For a larger size bit, all you need to do is loosen the back tightening T-bolts and slide the wooden guides out, for a smaller bit, slide em in. Don't forget to tighten. The orange bit protector is nice and the shop vac adapter works great with my Ridgid shop vac. I would say it gets 90%+ of all saw dust. The extra fence slots on the router table are nice to achieve high angles.

4. Will I need to drill any holes to install my router?
If your router is on the list Bench Dog supplies, and you purchase the corresponding router plate, no, you will not have to drill any holes. I purchased the Ridgid Combo router knowing I was probably going to get this router table. I didn't need an ultra-powerful router so I went with a 2hp group A router and ordered the corresponding group A plate. It matched up perfectly. My router has a height adjustment that, when installed on a router table, can be accessed from above using a T shaped tool. The tool of course has to go through the router plate. The plate, thoughtfully, has the hole exactly where it needs to be for me to adjust the height from above. This made me very happy. I do still have to unlock the height adjustment from below, but then I can just use the tool to adjust it.

If your router is not on any of the lists, you may have to drill your own holes. But I would contact bench dog and ask if they could possibly match it up.

Also, yes, sadly, bench dog does not supply the plate with the router table. However, this seems reasonable because there are different versions of plates for different routers. I would not expect them to include all 4 router plate groups.

In summary I hope I have answered some of your questions by answering mine. If not, feel free to contact me via my e-mail displayed on my profile page, or comment on this review. I think this is a great router table. I had previously ordered the MLCS 2394 Extension Router Table Top & Fence with Universal Router Plate, but had a bad experience there, mostly with shipping, please read that review for full details if interested. I share the enthusiasm of everyone else who has reviewed this table with positive reviews and have no real gripes about it. True, I do wish Bench Dog would make installing on the left on a left tilting table saw more of an option, and the router plate does not come with it, but these are both understandable why they don't. All in all, it gives me above and beyond the functionality I need, in the space I need, and looks good.
Comment Comments (25) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2016 6:45 PM PDT

MLCS 2394 Extension Router Table Top & Fence with Universal Router Plate
MLCS 2394 Extension Router Table Top & Fence with Universal Router Plate
Price: $206.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Router Table, Not So Good Experience, September 20, 2011
Hello,
Let me first start with where I am coming from. My level of experience in wood working is probably just above amature now. I have been for some time, acquiring tools to use in an upcoming remodel, and other projects. As such I purchased the Ridgid Table Saw R4512 from Home Depot (a great saw). I needed a router table though and needed to save space, so I wanted to purchase a router table extension to fit into my Table Saw. I had been looking for a long time at the Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table Extension, but was uneasy about putting out nearly $400 (b/c the center plate doesn't come with it). Money was a bit tight and I wanted to get to some projects so I decided that I didn't need a cast iron router table. I've watched many people on youtube with melamine surfaced router tables so they must be just fine for my needs. It may not look as pretty next to my cast iron Table Saw, but the functionality will be there. So because of what looked to be a good product, good price, and a relatively easy install, I ordered this MLCS router table.

A few days later the router table arrived. I unboxed it carefully. Inspecting it I found the a corning had been damaged during shipping. The wood was pushed in a little and the melamine surface on the top was cracked with a few pieces flaked off. The damage on the top of the table from this was probably the size of the diameter of a pea. Inspecting further I found that a small section, again, pea size, on the back side of the router table had been damaged. This time it was indented in which case the melamine surface was pushed upwards a couple millimeters. Even though the melamine didn't flake off, the surface of the router table now had a bump in it. I had spent days reading reviews, trying deciding on a Table Saw, specifically looking at how precise (flat) it was. To install a router table that had a bump in it was not gonna happen. I thought I might just hammer it down and live with the damage, and I was going to do just that until I continued on.

I lifted the router table up to my Table Saw. I confirmed, as shown in the pictures that the support frame is below the rails, no problem, I'd just used the brackets to mount to the table saw. As I looked for these brackets, I realized, they don't exist. There shown in the picture, but apparently they are not supplied. I still don't know if they were missing or if I was supposed to acquire my own brackets. At this point the thought of finding my own brackets and figuring out how they were supposed to connect to my saw pushed me passed my little limit. I decided to return the product and save up for the router table I really wanted.

But given all that happened, although I want to give the router table 3 stars, I don't think the table itself deserves it. I think the shipping was inadequate and the supplied brackets are either missing, or need to be included. The Router Table itself was flat, smooth, and very nice. I would have had no problem routing on it. I can't say much about how accurate it was, but I have no reason to doubt it is just as accurate as the cast iron router tables. An underlying concern of mine was with the material itself. Honestly, I don't take the best care of things, I'm just not that type of person. I know some day I'm going to drop a tool on the router table and damage the melamine surface. What happens at that point, does the surface slowing flake off over time? I don't know, I'm sure it would have lasted years, if not decades as others have boasted about such products, but I was not comfortable.

Today I own the Bench Dog Cast Iron Router Table extension and am very satisfied. It was so easy to install and looks very nice with my cast iron Table Saw. I will be writting a review on that experience later, on that products page.

Feel free to commit. I will respond to questions.

//UPDATE: 25 Sept 2011//
I contacted MLCS and they stated that the mounting brackets are not included because there is such a wide range of table saws it can be mounted to that it would be impossible to make such a universal bracket. This is understandable. But you will have to find, or construct your own aluminum or equivalent mounting bracket for your saw. I would ask that anyone who does so post a comment or review stating how they did so as it may help others.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 10:53 AM PST

Panasonic FV-11VQ5 WhisperCeiling 110 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan, White
Panasonic FV-11VQ5 WhisperCeiling 110 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan, White
Price: Click here to see our price
85 used & new from $84.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my purchase!, June 7, 2011
Keeping this short as sweet, I am very happy with my purchase. The fan is suprisingly quiet and powerful. I can not hear it when the shower is running and I have to actually go into the bathroom to see if I left it on. What I love most is that it does not allow any condensation to build on the mirror no matter how hot my shower is. This amazes me. I have never had a fan that could actually keep up with the steam. I have no gripes about this product what so ever. Been running well for 6 months so far. It was farily simple to install, as far as installing cieling vents go. This is one of my most satisfactory purchases of 2010. Recomended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as it was supposed to, good bang for buck!, December 23, 2010
Was looking at some other chargers that were twice as expensive. Was a little hesitent to order this one due to no ratings but so far I am happy I did. It is small and compact, plus, unlike the other more expensive ones, it gives you the ability to charge your device in the car. Great deal! I use this on my Lumix DMC-FP1 camera battery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3