Profile for Rehomore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rehomore RSS Feed (Maryland)

Page: 1 | 2
Apple MacBook Air MD760LL/B 13.3-Inch Laptop
Apple MacBook Air MD760LL/B 13.3-Inch Laptop
Offered by New Heights Product (NO TAX anywhere)
Price: $925.69
72 used & new from $699.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Really Nice, January 14, 2015
I've been committed to Windows for the past 20 years, and finally broke down and got this 13" MacBook Air. Once I finally made up my mind to go with a Mac, a new dilemma surfaced; Air or Pro? My decision was based mainly on the longer battery life of the Air, and I found it at an excellent price as well. Having never even spent much time messing around with a Mac, I had to overcome what I consider to be a pretty steep learning curve. I've been using this for about a month now, reading online tips, watching You Tube tutorials, etc., and have a pretty good hang of it now. These are my subjective thoughts, as I have no technical background and did not compare this computer head to head with any other laptop.

First, it is a beautiful machine, solidly built, and well, just nice. It's not a cheap computer, and it doesn't act like one either. The battery life is excellent, though maybe not quite as good as the 12 hours advertised. My last laptop was a Chromebook that was good for about three hours, so this is a huge upgrade. It connects well with my home network, and I have had no issues there, even using it two floors away from the router. The computer is faster than I would have expected also, and the video quality is really good. Some of the reviews I read complained about the resolution, the screen angles, and who knows what else. I don't get it. The screen is beautiful, period. The OSX Yosemite operating system seems good to me and pretty bullet proof. One thing I found really cool is that even though there is no optical drive here, I was able to install Mac software (Photoshop Elements) by sticking the CD in my PC and setting up the sharing function. Wow.

I was surprised by the lack of apps available for a MacBook. I have an IPhone and a Kindle Fire, and kinda assumed that there would be a comparable selection available from the App Store. There isn't. Again, maybe it's just that when the Windows are closed, I am a bit in a foreign country. No Flipboard, really? Another negative is keeping things in sync with my IPhone and ICloud settings. You can make phone calls from the MacBook (very nice), but only for awhile. Inevitably, without messing with any of the settings on either device, it stops working. You have to go back and tweak things on the phone, even though both devices are logged in to the same account. Same thing with getting my calendars to sync. It works, but you have to give it of some thought and mess around a lot.

These little things bug me, but not enough to rate the MacBook Air at anything less than five stars. It's just too cool to really complain. Apple will probably work some of the bugs out of these issues eventually. I did have to call their customer support on like day two, and someone patiently worked on a couple of issues for at least an hour. I appreciated that. I definitely recommend this laptop, and as you can see, it looks really nice too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 10:50 AM PST

Shure EABKF1-10M Medium Foam Sleeves (10 Included/5 Pair) for E3c, E4c, E5c, E500PTH, i3c, i4c & SE Earphones (Black)
Price: $13.49
27 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Replacements, December 18, 2014
They really do a nice job isolating your music from outside noise. I use them in the gym, and completely avoid the very annoying clanging of metal on metal (not to mention the groaning from the people slamming the weights). Be careful getting them of and on, as sometimes they stick and you could break the part they attach to. I have used them with two different pairs of SE420s over the past seven years. One time, I had to carefully cut one of them off using a cutting blade. You will notice a gradual reduction in the sound isolation over time, which for me anyways, indicates that it is time to replace them. I change them up about every six months or so, before they get too nasty looking or more likely to get stuck on. Taking them off periodically and cleaning them is probably a good idea.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Cutlery and More Large Reversible Bamboo Cutting Board with Groove, 23x16x1-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of Space, November 5, 2014
This is a very good cutting board. I have been using it for about two months now, and occasionally apply a light coating of Bayes Mineral Oil and Bamboo Protectant, which can be purchased on Amazon for $3.99 plus shipping. I try to keep it dry also, but that's hard because it is used almost constantly. The board is thick and heavy, and does not move around the counter at all. It only has very faint knife markings so far. It is very large, and a bit hard to wash if your sink is small. I don't use the grooved side much, but it probably will come in handy when slicing meats that have a lot of juice. It's a little bit expensive, but I wanted a big board to keep on the counter, and this one has plenty of space.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pearl Izumi Men's Liner Short,Black,Small
Pearl Izumi Men's Liner Short,Black,Small
Offered by Bike A Mile
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 6, 2014
This is my third season using these under my regular shorts. I have ridden about 2500 miles with them, and have washed them who knows how many times. They still look and feel much like when I bought them, and I hope to go another couple of thousand before I replace them. The sizing is good, not too tight (I have a 31" waist and ordered a small), and the padding seems adequate to me. I have a different brand where the leg bands are tight, and leave marks on my thighs. That does not happen with these, but they still stay in place the way they should. Air dry though; don't run them through the dryer. For me, they are excellent.

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 6th)
Price: $109.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect (Well, Almost), September 4, 2014
This is a great reader overall. I have a Kindle Fire (2nd Gen), which I like, but purely for reading, there is no comparison. The Fire is very hard to read outdoors and the screen has too much glare. No problems outdoors with the Paperwhite. There is less glare than even a paper book might have. The wifi connects easily, and I have experienced no problems downloading either new purchases, or when moving things over from the cloud. I read every day, but can still go a couple of weeks or so between charges. My only complaint is that there are some slight shadows near the bottom of the screen. They are only a little bit annoying when reading inside; they disappear completely when using outside. Having the light is a great feature, and turning it down at night when someone else is trying to sleep might keep your relationship intact.

Rio Gear Ultimate Backpack Chair with Cooler
Rio Gear Ultimate Backpack Chair with Cooler
Price: $56.73 - $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Go For It, August 9, 2014
This is a sturdy chair that will almost certainly last quite a few years. It is fairly light and convenient to carry as a backpack, and it looks pretty sharp. The insulated cooler portion is small, but seems to work well and keep my bottled water cold for a few hours. Although it has been a very temperate summer, so on really hot days I don't expect too much. As far as comfort, the chair is good, but not exceptional. It feels similar to a top end Tommy Bahama, and runs about the same price. This one may be a slightly better quality from what I can tell so far. I recommend this if you are at the beach a lot and need something that will hold up well.

Vittoria Rubino Pro III Fold Tire
Vittoria Rubino Pro III Fold Tire
Price: $21.17 - $74.00

4.0 out of 5 stars My Thumbs Hurt, July 30, 2014
I did some research and picked these tires based mainly on their resistance to flats. Also, I got pretty good mileage on the Vittoria stock tires that came with my bike. I've gone about 350 miles on them and have not yet had a flat tire. They seem very tough and puncture resistant to me. Also, they they ride nice and smooth and are not too hard. They seem fast to me, maybe because of their high PSI rating (I'm 61 though and "fast" is a relative term). Know this though, these tires were BRUTAL to install on my Mavic CXP-22 rims. After nearly an hour of determined effort to get them on without using tire irons, I wasn't even close and had to force them on. Fixing a flat on the road in the heat or rain might prove more aggravating than while sitting comfortably on my front porch with a glass of wine and all the time in the world. I got the red tires and they really do look sharp on my bike.

6.5 ft. Dia. Beach Umbrella w Manual Lift & Solid Ash Wood Pole
6.5 ft. Dia. Beach Umbrella w Manual Lift & Solid Ash Wood Pole
Offered by ShopLadder
Price: $158.85

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Chasing it Down the Beach, April 30, 2014
It's embarrassing, not to mention dangerous, right? Not going to happen with this umbrella, unless you leave it up during Katrina. Solid as can be and very high quality. Kind of expensive, but I'm done with umbrellas with aluminum poles and cheap ribs that turn outside in and break conveniently the first time the temperature hits the mid 90s. I'm at the beach a lot and can't be bothered anymore with that kind of you know what.

Portland Design Works Radbot 1000 1W LED Tail Light
Portland Design Works Radbot 1000 1W LED Tail Light
Price: $19.31
30 used & new from $17.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 30, 2014
Easy to install and you can see it from at least a couple of hundred yards away. I use it during the daytime, since I ride on some busy streets. It is so bright and it grabs a driver's attention when they might be daydreaming or wishing you weren't on the road. The battery life seems good so far as well, and I highly recommend this.

Cuisinart 733-30H Chef's Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
Price: $50.99
23 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Darn Nice, April 30, 2014
Looks great and does a nice job on the stove. It's not the best cookware out there, but come on, I paid $42 with Amazon Prime for a pan that seems like it will last a very long time. It shines so much when it's out, everyone notices it as soon as they come into the kitchen. It looks expensive, and I see no reason to enlighten them. It cleans up easily and nothing has really stuck to it yet, and I've used it about 10 times so far. Sure, go to Sur La Table if you want to, but expect to spend much more money and probably be way less impressed.

Page: 1 | 2