Profile for Lisa Dawn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa Dawn RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Xena: Warrior Princess - The Bitter Suite: A Musical Odyssey
Xena: Warrior Princess - The Bitter Suite: A Musical Odyssey
Price: $9.49

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved the songs, November 14, 2014
I loved the songs, but it was extremely poor quality. I had to edit them myself using audio software so that I could listen to them properly.

Samurai Jack #12
Samurai Jack #12
Offered by Idea & Design Works
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Quest for the Broken Blade, November 1, 2014
This review is from: Samurai Jack #12 (Kindle Edition)
I like this storyline much better than the Threads of Time. It seems far more like something that could have happened in the actual series and ties into Jack's origins since his magic sword is the only thing that poses a threat to Aku. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he will handle this situation since he has never been without it before.

Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer Gloss Finish 6oz
Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer Gloss Finish 6oz
Price: $10.80
12 used & new from $4.09

5.0 out of 5 stars No more paint chips!, October 8, 2014
I purchased this spray for a sterling silver ring I bought online that I painted black with Testors Enamel. Unfortunately, the paint never seemed the dry on the polished silver surface. Every time I went out with it, I would find black paint chips and smudges all over my fingers, and the paint that did stay on got cracked and chipped in the heat, forcing me to retouch it constantly. After just one application of this spray outdoors, all the cracks in the paint bubbled shut, and the color got sealed in with a lovely shimmery finish! Now I don't have to worry about paint chipping off on my fingers, and my ring looks great! I'm incredibly satisfied with the results of this product.

Samurai Jack #10
Samurai Jack #10
Offered by Idea & Design Works
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best comic for fans of the show!, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Samurai Jack #10 (Kindle Edition)
I felt the need to review this issue of the new Samurai Jack comics because I hadn't been that impressed with the previous ones. I'm a huge fan of Samurai Jack, but I've never been an avid comic reader. I figured my disinterest in the previous issues were due to a lack of familiarity with the comic book format. However, after reading this one, I can definitely say that this story feels the closest to an actual episode of the show. It's filled with flashbacks of clips from tons of episodes, which is a real treat for loyal fans who have seen the entire series. The story felt organic, original, and more true to Jack's pure and relentless spirit than any of the other comics in this series. The artwork was slightly different from the cartoon, but in a good way. It was a bit more detailed, but Jack and Aku were still very recognizable. If you only read one of Jim Zub's Samurai Jack comics from IDW, make it this one. I can only hope that his future stories show this level of creativity and homage to fans of the original show.

Rumpled: With power like Rumpelstiltskin's, who needs beauty?
Rumpled: With power like Rumpelstiltskin's, who needs beauty?
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Adaptation, February 7, 2014
As a big fan of fairy tale adaptations, I found this one pretty enjoyable. It doesn't entirely follow the original story, which in my opinion, is quite a bit darker. It fleshes out Rumplestiltskin and the miller's daughter into three-dimensional people with interesting pasts and perspectives. It answers some questions that were not clear in the original fairy tale, such as why Rumplestiltskin wanted a baby, how he was able to turn straw into gold, and why the miller's daughter would agree to giving up her first-born. Though this version of the story shied away from some of the original morals, such as the danger of having too much pride, it incorporated equally compelling elements, such as the benefits of having beauty vs. the benefits of having power. Parts of it reminded me of the Dreamworks Shrek films and ABC's Once Upon a Time. It was very well-written, and it was easy to relate to Rumplestiltskin as a reader and to want him to succeed in his goals. Though I found the ending a bit disappointing, it was an enjoyable and quick read overall.

The Soul Searcher
The Soul Searcher
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very creative and romantic tale, September 25, 2013
This review is from: The Soul Searcher (Kindle Edition)
I'm a bit of a sucker for paranormal romance, so I really enjoyed this ghostly tale of love, lost chances, and life after death. The characters all felt very real, likeable, and well developed, and the story really makes you think about what it means to live life to the fullest. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys paranormal love stories.

Merlin: Season 1
Merlin: Season 1
DVD ~ Colin Morgan
Price: $31.49
19 used & new from $15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic modern retelling of King Arthur story!, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Merlin: Season 1 (DVD)
I think the first season of "Merlin" is the best one because it introduces the tale of King Arthur with an interesting modern spin that has never been done before. The acting in the show is fantastic, especially from the lead actor, Colin Morgan, who plays Merlin. I also loved the packaging for this set, as it makes it look very "epic" with a cardboard case that opens up to reveal a beautiful scene of the characters. The bonus features were also very fun and informative, though I did feel like some dragged a little too long.

Merlin: Season 4
Merlin: Season 4
DVD ~ Colin Morgan
Price: $31.29
20 used & new from $19.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as fancy as the other season sets, but still good, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Merlin: Season 4 (DVD)
I was a little surprised that this season didn't come in a fancy package that opened up to reveal a triptych of the characters like the others did. Instead, it's just a typical cheap DVD box with some flaps for the multiple disks. Despite that, I love this show for Colin Morgan's incredible acting, and the interesting spin they gave to the Arthurian legend, and this season is no exception to that. Every episode is full of magic and whimsy. As far as I'm concerned, this is the last good season of the show, since the fifth and final one put a very depressing spin on it and lost all of the fun wit that made the show so enjoyable to watch. As such, this will be the last DVD set I buy of it, but this was still a very exciting and important season to the ongoing story of the show.

Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess
Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable songs!, January 26, 2013
I really enjoyed the Once Upon a Princess movie, and for a mere three dollars, the MP3s on this soundtrack are well worth it. They contain the full-length version of each song from the movie, including the final song, "Rise and Shine," which we only heard half of in the TV special. "Not Ready to be a Princess" is my favorite because Ariel Winter has a beautiful singing voice and really sounds like a sweet little girl when she sings. However, the vocals in "Just a Little Food" and "Royal Prep" are also quite good, and the tunes are fun to bounce along to.

Taylor Swift Faces 2013 Calendar
Taylor Swift Faces 2013 Calendar
by Inc. Browntrout Publishing
Edition: Calendar
2 used & new from $999.11

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring everyday pictures, January 26, 2013
I was really disappointed with this calendar. Usually, Taylor Swift poses for very creative and colorful pictures, and every image of her I see, especially on calendars, has some sort of artistic element. Not only are all of the images in this calendar black and white, but they also all look like candid shots of her doing boring, everyday things, like going for a walk, or laundering her costumes from her concert tour. I think they could have done a much better job with it. I really liked the artwork from the Speak Now tour calendar because the pictures were so bright and creative. It's a shame she hasn't released anything like that recently.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3