Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Mary > Reviews

Browse

Mary's Profile

Customer Reviews: 112

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
The Nightingale
The Nightingale
Offered by Macmillan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Historical Fiction, July 15, 2016
This review is from: The Nightingale (Kindle Edition)
A good book, not great, but very good historical fiction. Great incites on what courage it took not only to survive in a time of war, but how dangerous it was to hide and help those being sought out and persecuted in a country under occupation with spys around every corner. The story felt very real.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Hercule Poirot series Book 4)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mystery Served Up with a Twist, July 15, 2016
This mystery stumped me, I'll admit it. What a well-written book by an author at the top of her game. This has to be counted as one of my favorite Agatha Christie "Hercule Poirot" books. If you decide to read one of her books, start with this one!

6 Kids BUBBLE Bath Bombs with Surprises Inside
6 Kids BUBBLE Bath Bombs with Surprises Inside
Offered by TwoSisters
Price: $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Hit with the Kids!, June 21, 2016
Wow! Great product. Very colorful bath water bombs that the kids loved. Not pastel, deep colors. And they also loved the surprise toys at the end. Expensive, but worth it.

If I Stay (If I Stay, Book 1)
If I Stay (If I Stay, Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, Easy YA Book Worth Reading, May 23, 2016
This was a quick, easy YA book that moved along at a good pace. I found it hard to put down. I liked the story. It was a thought-provoking and sensitive tale of a seriously injured teenage girl in the hospital & her decision to go or stay.

Flight Behavior: A Novel
Flight Behavior: A Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Dull & Overly Long, May 18, 2016
I really really wanted to like this book, but I did not. I did learn a lot about butterflies. At a lengthy 610 Kindle pages, it seemed to go on much longer than it's actual length! I kept thinking "when is this book going to end?" It succeeded in describing the global warming/climate change domino effect consequences in an easy to understand manner, but the characters were unlikeable and the pace slow and tedious.

Faro's Daughter (Regency Romances)
Faro's Daughter (Regency Romances)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Romance Comedy, May 18, 2016
Georgette Heyer is the very best author of Regency Romance novelists. Her writing style is so amazing. If you like her books, you will like this one. I don't usually read romances, but discovered Heyer during a Kindle sale years ago. I am so glad I did. This story was light fluffy fun. What a romp! It reminded me of a screwball comedy film. Highly entertaining.

I'm a Stranger Here Myself: Notes on Returning to America After 20 Years Away
I'm a Stranger Here Myself: Notes on Returning to America After 20 Years Away
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Easy Read, May 17, 2016
Bryson's books are always reliably witty and often laugh-out-loud funny. This is the kind of book you pick up for a change of pace after some heavy reading. Although this book is a bit dated, I still found it to be very good.

The Mystery of the Blue Train: Hercule Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Story, Well-Told, May 17, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this classic Agatha Christie mystery. Jewels, infidelity, murder on a train, all elements of a good story well-told. I have to put this one at the top of the list as one of my AC favorites. Well worth reading. Highly recommended.

Housekeeping: A Novel
Housekeeping: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreary, Tedious, Depressing, May 2, 2016
I did not like this book. I absolutely loved Gilead & Lila. Because of this, I wanted to like Housekeeping, I really did. Marilynn's Robinson has a way with words......she writes long descriptive passages that immerse the reader in the scene, her characters are real & stay with you for a long time. However, this story seemed to go on forever. It was dreary, sad and just wordy....very, very wordy. I found myself using the dictionary feature on my kindle a lot. Not a book that I would recommend.

Tricky Twenty-Two: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Tricky Twenty-Two: A Stephanie Plum Novel
by Janet Evanovich
Price: $17.62
213 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Quick Easy Read, February 26, 2016
It was a fun, easy "guilty pleasure" read with the usual screwball antics and familiar off-beat characters. Checked this book out from the library and actually liked it better than the last few books in the series. I found myself laughing out loud throughout the book. I enjoyed it & I recommend it for when you are in the mood for something light.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12