Profile for G. Benson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Benson RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Diztronic Matte Back Aluminum Gray Flexible TPU Case for HTC One (2013) - Retail Packaging
Offered by Diztronic
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Cimo, June 9, 2014
Had the Cimo cover for almost a year; clear-frosted color. Over time, the frosting became yellow and looked stained (probably from sunlight).

Got the Diztronic this week and like it much more. The feel is better, the rocker keys are easier to press, and the color is nicer. Very happy to have purchased this cover.

Blackburn Joliet Kevlar Cable Lock (4-Feet)
Blackburn Joliet Kevlar Cable Lock (4-Feet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, very strong, June 11, 2013
Great cable - thick and strong, and looks like it would be a nightmare to saw/cut through. Also very flexible. Excellent for the price.

M/C Lenses Inspection Sticker Plate 0620
M/C Lenses Inspection Sticker Plate 0620
Offered by Powersport Superstore
Price: $12.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for parking sticker, June 11, 2013
Just put this on my Multistrada and it was perfect. I used it for my San Francisco neighborhood parking sticker, which is about 3.5" x 3.5". It is just slightly too small in height for the sticker but I just wrapped the edges and it's all good.
Amazing for the price.

AC Adapter Power Supply Charger+Cord for Acer Aspire 5050 5520-5912 5560 5650 5672 5000 5100 5720
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $7.50
16 used & new from $1.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 27, 2012
Product is fine and the price is amazing. No problems at all with this charger - definitely recommended.
Doesn't seem to be badly-created at all.

Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless Headphones
Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless Headphones
Price: $180.34
71 used & new from $165.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great range, October 27, 2012
As a music lover, I'm always looking for ways that my listening experience can be enhanced, and these headphones have absolutely done that.

I used to mainly listen to music through my stereo speakers but I now prefer listening on these most of the time.

The range is quite good, and I get great reception throughout my medium-sized apartment. I was concerned that the signal would only be good when there was a line-of-sight to the transmitter, but I only lose signal if I try to take them more than about 25 feet outside of my place. So for localized listening they are exceptional.

As mentioned, the controls on the headphones themselves are not easy to use. However I use my stereo as the input to the transmitter so I can also use my stereo's remote to control the volume.

Recharging is easy and you can basically just drop them on top of the station and everything shuts itself off.

Cons are that the surround sound and added bass modes are basically useless to me. The surround mode sounds awful and the bass boost adds too much bass.

Overall, these have allowed me to enjoy my music even more and annoy my neighbors less, which is exactly why I wanted them.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Black)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Black)
Price: $69.00
8 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars First Kindle - love it, October 27, 2012
This is my first e-reading device and I really like it. It has made me excited about reading again and I have recommended it to many friends.

I think the price is fair and there is a lot of free/cheap content available from Amazon. Many classic books are less than a dollar, for example.

I was surprised about the weight of this reader... it's even less than I thought it would be - perhaps about the same as a small paperback.

Overall a great device but here are a few things that could be a problem:
- Ads are on by default. These don't bother me but they could be annoying to some.
- The software is a lot more complicated than I thought it would be - almost too complicated. But now that the settings are established I hardly touch them.
- It would be helpful to have some kind of textured grips somewhere on the device.

BUILT Neoprene Kindle Slim Sleeve Case, Black, fits Kindle Paperwhite, Touch, and Kindle

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but a little pricey, October 27, 2012
I have a 2012 Kindle (wifi) and this is a great case for it. It has protected my Kindle well while in a backpack and the Kindle doesn't easily fall out.

Only con was that the price is a little high.

Skelethon
Skelethon
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars His best, by far, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Skelethon (MP3 Music)
Aesop has always had a few good tracks on every album, but this one is his best by far. The beats are great, the rhymes are sharp and funny as always, and overall it's a lot more listenable than a lot of his other albums.

Very strong release.

Pro Android Apps Performance Optimization
Pro Android Apps Performance Optimization
by Hervé Guihot
Price: $31.10
39 used & new from $10.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tips but sometimes goes too deep, June 26, 2012
Overall, I've really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to advanced Android developers. There were many interesting tips and details along the way, as well as great example code an guides to creating/using advanced components.

My biggest criticism is that sometimes it went far too deep in terms of optimizations. For example, while it was interesting to see the assembly code created by the NDK compiler, the authors then describe how you can inject custom assembly instructions into NDK/C code. They also warn against optimizing minutiae, which this seems to qualify as.

Otherwise, very good.

Driver San Francisco - Playstation 3
Driver San Francisco - Playstation 3
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $19.45
78 used & new from $5.29

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointing..., June 25, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Not fun, not interesting, boring maps, boring challenges. Just couldn't get into it. The story scenes weren't exciting or sympathetic, and seemed only like filler to an otherwise mediocre game.

Page: 1 | 2