Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Evecase Moto X (2nd Gen.) Case, Leather Wallet Folio Case with Stand, Credit Card ID Slots, Currency Pocket, Hand Strap for Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen./ 2014 Edition) (AT&T) - Black
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard plastic phone holder broke after 3+ weeks, January 26, 2015
Nice case. I liked the drivers license holder. But the part that holds the phone in place is a hard, thin plastic material, not a flexible gel material like comparable cases. I take my phone out of the case twice each day to put it into a dashboard cradle in my car. The hard plastic near the on/off/volume buttons finally broke this morning after just 3+ weeks of use.

EasyAcc 13.3 inch Laptop Sleeve Bag Case Cover Neoprene Shock Resistant Pouch Protective Handbag for Apple Macbook Air 13, Acer Aspire S3, Lenovo IdeaPad U300s, Samsung SERIES 9 NP900X3B, Toshiba Satellite Z830, SONY SVT13128CCS (Black, suitable for almost all 13.3 inch ultrabooks)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but stinky, June 6, 2014
This will get the job done. I like the feature that lets you hide the handles giving you the option of using it as a sleeve or a bag/case. Neoprene items always have an odor that eventually goes away, but this was the worst I've encountered.

K-Swiss Men's Bigshot Light Tennis Shoe,White/Black/Fiery Red, 11 M US
K-Swiss Men's Bigshot Light Tennis Shoe,White/Black/Fiery Red, 11 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit for narrow foot, February 5, 2014
I used to wear K-Swiss tennis shoes 25 years ago when I played a lot of tennis, and one of the reasons was that I have a narrower than average foot and a slightly low instep. It's hard to find retailers that carry shoes in widths narrower than "average" D width, so my feet slide around in most of them which is a huge "no thank you" when playing tennis on hard courts.

Generally, the best I can do is search for average width products that run a little bit on the narrow side. I found a New Balance shoe in this price range a few years ago that met this criteria and have been buying those ever since, but it was time to find something new this time around.

The K-Swiss Bigshot Light tennis shoe is a great fit on my foot, perhaps even better than the K-Swiss shoes I wore years ago. And as the name suggests, it is very light-weight yet seems to be very sturdy and built for the type of support and durability that hard court tennis requires from a shoe. I've only worn it around the house for a few hours, hence the 4 stars is all I can offer now, but I'm already confident this was a good choice. I would recommend the K-Swiss Bigshot Light tennis shoe.

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kindle yet, August 3, 2013
I love this Kindle. It's my favorite. Whether I'm reading in sunlight, indoor lighting, or in the dark, it's ready for the task. It is the best Kindle yet in my opinion. Congratulations on a great design.

MoKo Cover Case for Amazon All-New Kindle Paperwhite (Both 2012 and 2013 versions with 6" Display and Built-in Light), BLACK (With Smart Auto Sleep/Wake feature)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $14.95
4 used & new from $11.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, August 3, 2013
Just got this cover case today. It's an excellent value with a very reasonable price. I wanted a sleeve like I got with my first Kindle (2nd generation), but I like this even better. It's a simple yet excellent design, looks and feels great, and provides the basic protection I need on my nightstand or if I want to toss it in a bag to go to the beach.

GE WB2X9154 Igniter for Gas Broiler or Oven
GE WB2X9154 Igniter for Gas Broiler or Oven
Offered by TOP PARTS
Price: $45.90
7 used & new from $45.90

1.0 out of 5 stars defective, December 27, 2012
I ended up calling a repairman and returned this igniter for a refund. We were pretty disappointed considering the time the oven was down, the analysis of the problem, the time spent finding the correct part, waiting for the shipment, the time and effort to install the part, and then finding out you were shipped a defective part and having to start all over.

Perry Ellis Portfolio Mens Nz Lamb Open Bottom Jacket
Perry Ellis Portfolio Mens Nz Lamb Open Bottom Jacket

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamb skin leather jacket - VERY satisfied, March 9, 2011
I had just about given up trying to find a jacket like this in our local stores. The pictures and the description here on the Amazon site gave me a pretty good indication that this is what I'd been looking for, but knowing how sizes can vary dramatically on an item like this, and not being an expert or particularly familiar with the Perry Ellis line, I was very concerned about ordering online and not being able to try the jacket on first. But when I saw the review by a gentleman who sounded like he was the exact same size as me (6'1" 225 lbs with slightly longer than average arms), and since he was so happy with his XL order, I took a chance and ordered the same size. In addition, the free return shipping offered on my order gave me an extra level of confidence. I was not disappointed. The jacket arrived the next evening and I could not have found a nicer fit even if I had been able to try it on first. I was so relieved! I really like the versatile styling of this jacket. It will work perfectly for dressier occasions or casual with jeans and a t-shirt. Today I wore it to work with gray dress slacks, an oxford shirt, and a lightweight fleece pullover since our temperature this morning was in the teens. Great fit and comfort! The photos don't show the lining, and I do wish they would, but mine is a very nicely quilted 3M Thinsulate material in a conservative yet handsome dark green and black glen plaid. And of course the lamb skin is very luxurious, soft and touchable. I'm extremely happy with this purchase!

Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
Price: $39.99
71 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a winner, December 20, 2010
I was looking for speakers that provided acceptable music reproduction, that were portable and easy to use, and could connect via wireless Bluetooth to a mobile phone (Motorola Droid) and iPad. I was also looking for something I could give as a gift to someone who would appreciate the same features but who does not have as much patience as I do for making these things work. The Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is perfect for our needs. As one reviewer mentioned, the Creative D100 is light-weight and simple to unplug and move from room to room. It has a battery option too, but I haven't used it with batteries yet.

The one-time Bluetooth pairing setup is simple. All you need to know before you begin is how to instruct your music device (phone, computer, iPad, etc.) to scan for and 'pair' with other Bluetooth devices. The rest is covered in the Creative D100 instructions. Power up the Creative D100 (turn on the power switch on the back side), make the D100 'discoverable' (press and hold the Bluetooth 'pairing' button on the front side), turn on the Bluetooth feature on your music device and begin scanning for other Bluetooth devices, and presto, it will pair and connect to the Creative D100. For those who would be using the music player on their phone and are concerned about taking calls while listening to music, I discovered that when using my Motorola Droid (Android OS v2.2), the music will connect via 'media audio' to the Creative D100 while 'phone audio' maps separately to my Plantronics Voyager Pro headset. Cool :)

Don't expect this speaker system to make the walls, roof, and windows shake, although at 3/4 volume the sound fills my 20' x 20' living room area very nicely with Christmas jazz at a pleasant, undistorted level. It's perfect in the master bedroom and in my home office too. But if you're looking for bass that you can feel in your gut, that's not what the Creative D100 is built to do. You may want to experiment with speaker placement as I did. I found that the music was enhanced by moving the speaker from an open space on a table to a shelf in an entertainment center where it was partially enclosed. I'm not a sound engineer, but my guess is that the shelf placement that sort of surrounds the unit assists the functionality of the rear speaker port on the Creative D100, helping to capture and direct the sound towards the listener. I also tested the Bluetooth range by placing the speaker in the living room and moving my phone (and iPad) to a bedroom down the hall, probably 25-30 feet away from the speaker. I was impressed that there was absolutely no device-to-speaker signal loss all evening regardless of which music device was connected. I'm very pleased. I got a black one for myself, and a pink one to give as a Christmas gift.

Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones
Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones
5 used & new from $112.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound, easy to pair, a slightly tight fit for large heads, December 10, 2010
I ordered the Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones to use for music and phone calls when we're traveling in the car. I also ordered a Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (AC adapter or 4 AA batteries), so I'll review that too when it arrives next week and I get a chance to try it out.

The headphones just arrived tonight and my first impression was that they were easy and straight-forward to pair with my iPad and Motorola Droid. At the moment I'm listening to Pandora on the Droid over a wi-fi connection. The sound is great. This was the first Bluetooth device I've paired to my iPad with iOS 4.2.1 and it was cake. The iPad Bluetooth/AirPlay device interface is slick. It's easy to see why Apple has been so successful with these tablets. Everything about them is so intuitive it leads me to believe there really are engineers on earth that know what they're doing and some of them work for Apple.

As far as features on the headset, if your music and/or phone device supports the AVRCP Bluetooth profile, you'll be able to pause and change music volume with the controls on the right earpiece and manage remote phone functions with the controls on the left earpiece. I tested the phone functions by calling my land line with the BackBeat and my Droid and left myself a voice message. I was listening to music and just held down the button on the left earpiece until Pandora automatically paused and the voice dial feature I'm accustomed to on my Droid was triggered, just like when I use my Plantronics Voyager Pro. (Note that on incoming calls, if you are listening to music it will pause automatically to allow you to take the call.) Audio on both ends in my test was good and all the remote phone options that I'm accustomed to with my Voyager Pro and the Droid were also supported on the 903/R US. One click on the left earpiece disconnected the call and Pandora resumed. Very cool.

If I have any complaints with the BackBeat headset, one might be the weird shaped rubber tips that go into your ears, but once you figure them out, they're fine. Read the directions and play with the fit adjustment options of the earpieces. The other complaint might be if you've got a larger than average sized head like me, the cable that fits behind your head is not very long. I haven't figured out why they were so stingy with the cable length but be advised. Despite all that, they're a terrific, lightweight little Bluetooth stereo headset for both music and phone calls. Search for the best price because the prices for this headset are all over the map on Amazon. Not sure why. I got mine for $39.99 plus tax and shipping (Amazon Prime eligible).

The unusual rubber earpiece tips and the short cable caused me to drop a star, but I would still recommend the Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones.

ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Apple iPad (Front)
ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Apple iPad (Front)
Offered by M Z Photo
Price: $24.00
4 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this one, October 8, 2010
I don't enjoy writing bad product reviews because people get the impression you're some cranky old fool, but if I can prevent one person from throwing away money on this item, it's worth my time and reputation. I don't suppose anyone actually enjoys putting screen protectors on these gadgets (the last one for me was on my Droid and I nailed it with zero bubbles and I patted myself on the back for days), but they're just a fact of life so I just tell myself to get over it and get on with it. But I've never seen such an involved process as this one has. When I pulled the little spray bottle and squeegee out of the package I knew something was up. Spraying fingers with some toxic liquid (read the warning on the bottle) to prevent fingerprints and then using a squeegee to mop up the mess? That's insane! And the instructions start by telling you to shut off your device and wait 24 hours before applying. They don't tell you why, but I assumed they want the device to cool down or something? 24 hours? Really? Then when you're done (well, you're never really done because you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get the bubbles out), the instructions suggest waiting another 24 hours to let the protector 'set up' before turning your device on again. Right. So this is a 48 hour process? Are you kidding me? What have I gotten myself into?

Well, I got it on and disregarded the 48 hours of waiting so I could learn to use my brand new iPad. Whatever, man! I'll continue to use it complete with bubbles and glare until I can find something else to replace this useless thing. I only hope I can get it off my iPad! Oh yeah...I bought this from a major retailer where I bought my iPad yesterday and paid twice what the vendor on Amazon is charging, so I'm twice as irritated!

Stay away from this product unless you enjoy tasks like wallpapering bathrooms while standing on your head.

P.S. You can't give a zero star rating, so that's the only reason I give this one star.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2010 8:27 PM PST