Profile for Leland Bilbro > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leland Bilbro RSS Feed (MPLS., MN)

Page: 1 | 2
The New Adventures of the Mad Scientists' Club (Mad Scientist Club)
The New Adventures of the Mad Scientists' Club (Mad Scientist Club)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, February 5, 2014
I read this book as a 3rd grader. Bought from the Scholastic Book Club for pennies, this is a book that came to be one of my absolute favorites, then and now. For those with a scientific bent it is an entertaining and witty book but one that everyone can enjoy. I highly rate it for young readers.

The OontZ Angle Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Better Sound, Better Volume, Incredible Online Price - The Perfect Speaker to take everywhere with you this summer (Black)
Offered by The OontZ Designed and Engineered by Cambridge SoundWorks
Price: $69.99
4 used & new from $39.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory Sound for the size!, February 5, 2014
This speaker is a neat little dynamo. It easily fills my study with OK sound from my IPOD. However, it is not useful for much more than that. The sound is a bit tinny and would not satisfy anyone with even an average ear. It nevertheless gives me a good tool to listen to music on my IPOD while working in the garage. For the price you can't beat it.

RCA RTS735E Home Theater Sound Bar
RCA RTS735E Home Theater Sound Bar
Price: $65.05
48 used & new from $48.09

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Addition, January 22, 2014
Needed this to add to my Television sound. While I have a complete system of speakers, they are only used for my cable downloads and DVD. This speaker added a whole new sound to my regular TV that is enjoyed by all.

Second Wind
Second Wind
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Something different, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Second Wind (Kindle Edition)
Nice to read something totally different than his historical novels. Both have been outstanding however. Being a deprived former sailor I truly loved his descriptions of races.

Cold: Adventures in the World's Frozen Places
Cold: Adventures in the World's Frozen Places
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE, February 24, 2013
This was a very easy read as it was so interesting and informative. His personal tales of experiences in the COLD in many patrs of the world were genuine and quite funny in some instances. It's a bit remedial in explaining some of the facts about how animals (humans included) handle cold but I found genuine facts that I'd never known.

The Lion's Paw
The Lion's Paw
by Robb White
Price: $22.47
56 used & new from $15.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A childhood favorite, October 24, 2008
This review is from: The Lion's Paw (Hardcover)
I first bought this book as a paperback from the Book Service in 5th grade, that was 43 years ago. Having lost the book many years ago I have searched all over to find an affordable copy to share with my children. Now Robb White's daughter has begun reissuing copies of her Dad's books to my great delight. This book still remains one of my all-time favorites, telling the story of 3 runaways on a sloop in southern Florida. If you want a book to share with your children I can think of none better than "The Lion's Paw". I also recommend another Robb White classic, "Up Periscope".

The World Without Us
The World Without Us
by Alan Weisman
Price: $17.95
518 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake Up Humans, September 27, 2007
This review is from: The World Without Us (Hardcover)
We've always thought in our subconscience that humans are the do-all, end-all of creation and that nothing will ever supplant us in our role as Supreme Beings. Think again. As natural order continues to influence the world around us, the human race becomes insignificant

Mandatory Reload
Mandatory Reload
by Al Voth
29 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining read but a little far out there., May 14, 2007
This review is from: Mandatory Reload (Paperback)
I believe that no police department would contract civilian help just because the civilian has fast and accurate gun training. I know if there's one person that can shoot fast and accurately there are others, especially in our police forces. There is no need to go to a civilian for help. Otherwise this was a very entertaining book that's well written. I'd recommmend it to anyone that likes to shoot.

Dando Shaft
Dando Shaft
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hippie music, May 14, 2007
This review is from: Dando Shaft (Audio CD)
I listened to this a long time ago as a senior in High School and love'd it then and it's just as good today. Their mandolin and guitarist have great skill and it shows in every song. The singing, well, it could be a bit better but I have thoroughly enjoyed this album. Brings back those memories of patchouli oil, smoke, and a girl I'll never forget.

Waka Jawaka
Waka Jawaka
41 used & new from $0.93

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, July 10, 2006
This review is from: Waka Jawaka (Audio CD)
Typical of Frank Zappa's humor, this CD does it all. Incredible muscianship and wonderful songwriting. One of Zappa's very best!

Page: 1 | 2