Profile for M. McKinnon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 98

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. McKinnon RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Tuneband for iPod touch 4th Generation (Model A1367, 8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB), Grantwood Technology's Armband, Silicone Skin, and Screen Protector, GLOW IN THE DARK
Offered by Grantwood Technology
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, July 5, 2013
Nice armband and great service from the company. The band is high quality and the case feels good and fits nice. I don't know how well it really glows because its light almost 24 hours per day where I live right now.

Samsung Series 3 NP305E5A-A03US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver)
Samsung Series 3 NP305E5A-A03US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver)
5 used & new from $279.99

1.0 out of 5 stars So far this is a terrible laptop, August 22, 2012
The keyboard sounds and feels very low quality. It's a budget laptop, I get it and I can get over that. It's made out of cheap plastic, which is fine as well. It seems to operate decently, and we use an external USB wireless mouse, so if the touchpad acts up it doesn't bother us so far.

The real reason that I gave this thing a single star rating is because the wireless adapter is terrible. It keeps disconnecting from the router, I'm sitting on a different laptop right next to this Samsung and am not having a single problem. I've updated the drivers using Windows built in driver search. I tried looking for updated drivers on Samsung's site but it appears Windows has the latest. I tried searching for Atheros drivers directly from Atheros but all I can find is a bunch of scammy sites that want you to install some program to download drivers. I decided to just buy some cheap external USB wireless adapter thinking I would fix the problem but that doesn't seem to work either.

I discovered this problem after we had the computer for a month. We are moving overseas in 1.5 weeks (which is why we bought new laptops) so I can't exactly send this to a repair center or anything, and Amazon won't take it back. Very upsetting. I'm not really sure what to do now, but if I or Samsung can figure out how to fix it easily I'll change the rating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 4:07 AM PST

Safety 1st Magnetic Locking System, 1 Key and 8 Locks
Safety 1st Magnetic Locking System, 1 Key and 8 Locks
Price: $27.22
31 used & new from $26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 7, 2012
These safety locks are great. I originally got those latches that you open the cabinet a small amount and push down, but our baby (like many others i'm sure) is just at the age where she will get her fingers in that crack before falling forward and smashing them. Since these don't let the door open at all, we don't have to worry about her smashing those little guys. I think the most impressive thing to me was the installation templates that come with them - they are almost foolproof if you have a little mechanical aptitude.

CrossMe Premium Nonograms
CrossMe Premium Nonograms
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great logic game, May 24, 2012
This review is from: CrossMe Premium Nonograms (App)
sudoku meets minesweeper. pretty fun logic puzzle game and a great looking app. buy it if you like those games.

Cut the Rope
Cut the Rope
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow, delete my save?, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Cut the Rope (App)
Such a terrible update - deleted all my hard work with a new update. I had all stars, now I have zero after the update. Now I either have to replay the whole game or pay to unlock all levels?

Greenlee 4XT-72 D'VersiBIT Extension, 1/4 by 72-Inch
Greenlee 4XT-72 D'VersiBIT Extension, 1/4 by 72-Inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Undecided, April 15, 2012
If I told you the story of this bit in person it would be long and full of expletives, so I'll keep it brief and PG. I tried drilling up through the wall so I could drop a network cable. I discovered that there was not one but TWO fireblocks (horizontal studs) in the wall, and one of them was about 4" above the hole I was trying to drill from. The bit would not get vertical before hitting this block, so I had to drill from the attic down. I did that at it seemed to work fine. However, when I went to pull the bit back up with my fishing string attached at the bottom, I ended up pulling out ONLY the extension and the bit stayed firmly planted in the wall. I managed to get it out from the bottom, but I was mad. Either the two set screws aren't enough to properly hold this thing on, or I was doing something wrong, but I think it's the former. I haven't tried using it again.

Canon VIXIA HF R21 Full HD Camcorder with 32GB Internal Flash Memory
Canon VIXIA HF R21 Full HD Camcorder with 32GB Internal Flash Memory
Offered by toolsngamz
Price: $379.99
13 used & new from $189.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, April 15, 2012
I'm not anywhere near a pro videographer, but this takes nice videos, is lightweight and is easy to use. I got it because my baby was starting to do cooler stuff than eat, sleep and poop and I figured I could get a real camera instead of using the one on my point and shoot camera. I don't like that it takes them in some weird format, but the software is pretty easy to use to download them to your computer and convert to WMV.

Command Large Plastic Hooks Value Pack, 3-Hook
Command Large Plastic Hooks Value Pack, 3-Hook
Price: $6.30
56 used & new from $1.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 15, 2012
If you've used a 3M command product, you know what to expect. These are white and the adhesive holds well and holds up heavy stuff.

Ice Breakers Ice Cubes Sugar Free Gum, Strawberry Smoothie, 10-Piece Boxes (Pack of 16)
Price: $19.47
2 used & new from $19.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, April 15, 2012
I like these ice breakers gums. This one is as tasty as all the rest. If you like strawberry and gum, you will probably like them.

Best Selling Dartmouth Leather Tray Ottoman, Black
Best Selling Dartmouth Leather Tray Ottoman, Black
Price: $275.36
4 used & new from $269.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, April 15, 2012
We saw one of these in brown at a furniture store and wanted black. Pleasantly surprised to find it on Amazon for about $80 (plus tax) cheaper! This was packed very nicely and seems to be very well made.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10