Profile for J. Goodier > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Goodier RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Amazing GOOP® 1 oz Adhesive
Amazing GOOP® 1 oz Adhesive
Price: $2.98
18 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 2, 2014
This stuff is awesome. Use it on anything- doesn't melt styrofoam or plastic.

Marantz SR6008 7.2-Channel 1080P and 4K Ultra HD Pass Through, Networking Home Theater Receiver with AirPlay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Audio Advisor, Inc.
Price: $1,199.00
10 used & new from $529.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Some hidden features that make this even better than I expected, November 8, 2014
Here's a few reasons to get this receiver that aren't clear in other reviews-

Allows you to do HDMI to analog zone 2. This is somewhat hard to find on other receivers. If it doesn't work for you, switch to PCM decoding on your cable box (in the advanced menu). There's also a setting in the receiver you should play with.

Make sure you check out the web interface on a laptop. The IP may be hard to find, but if you go to your DHCP list on your router, it will be there.

The IOS app is fairly responsive. Not perfect, but far better than the Pioneer app I had in the past.

HDMI control is awesome. We only need the cable remote to turn on the TV which automatically turns on the receiver. The TV volume control controls the receiver. You'll need a TV that supports this, and make sure it is enabled in the TV and receiver setup menu. It is typically off by default. My wife would buy this receiver for that feature alone. (She doesn't know there are cheaper ones out there that do the same thing).

There are a ton of fine tuning settings available for cross over points for both LFE, fronts, surround and they are all independent. Expect to spend many hours getting the perfect sound. It is good, not great, after Audyssey calibration in my opinion.

If you use your Airplay when the receiver is off, it will turn on and switch to the Airplay input. This is also a great feature for the wife.

4 stars because not all settings are available from my iPhone, and the app could be faster.

Dentek Xtra Clean Criss Cross Floss Picks, Mint Green Blast, 60 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $17.94
3 used & new from $17.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy a lifetime supply, November 8, 2014
I used to buy all of the packs they had on the shelves at the grocery store because they were hard to find and then they stopped carrying them!

These are amazing- believe the other reviews. The floss never falls off the plastic. Cleans better than any other out there. I'd buy a lifetime supply if I could.

RainMachine - The Forecast Sprinkler - Smart WIFI Irrigation Controller
RainMachine - The Forecast Sprinkler - Smart WIFI Irrigation Controller
Offered by Green Electronics llc
Price: $249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, June 22, 2014
I just built a house and had sod put in. The neighbor said last year he did the same and had a $1,000 city water bill for the quarter. I'm trying to balance cost of water with making sure the sod lives.

The Hunter 12 zone system this replaced had the option for a rain sensor, but that still doesn't take into account shady or hot days- not to mention days when it rains after the program.

Replacing the Hunter and getting this thing on wifi took about 30 minutes. Though I can do this type of project in my sleep.

This will run from 0% of a day to 111% next week based on the forecast. That changes up to the day it actually runs, but it is cool to see what the prediction is.

The biggest feature it is missing seems to be in development already- history/logging. Maybe a way for it to estimate cost per day based on my inputs of cost of water and GPM that I think the system is using.

I'd also love to know its algorithm and be able to change it based on my own inputs.

Black Aluminum Cap Catcher
Black Aluminum Cap Catcher
Offered by MARSALES
Price: $8.99
5 used & new from $4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, puzzling as to why the screws aren't black, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Black Aluminum Cap Catcher
This works well, but it comes with chrome screws. I bought this thing specifically because it was black. Black screws are easy to find (which came with my wall mount bottle opener)- only God knows why this doesn't.

SunFounder Sidekick Basic Starter Kit w/ Breadboard, Jumper wires, Color Led, Resistors, Buzzer For Arduino UNO R3 Mega2560 Mega328 Nano
Offered by STREAMLED
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, November 12, 2013
I got this a week ago and I'm very happy with the purchase. All components are there and everything I've tried works so far.

The LEDs are perfect- not too bright or dim. I have some really bright ones and using all resistors to dim them was a pain.

Westek OMLC3BC Outdoor Motion Activated Light Control
Westek OMLC3BC Outdoor Motion Activated Light Control
Price: $24.30
6 used & new from $17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, October 24, 2013
I have had 2 of these in my garage for over a year now. They work sporadically no matter which direction I aim the sensor. I have them in my garage and they don't even get set off by the door opening consistently.

jar of hearts (live at the ocean way studios)
jar of hearts (live at the ocean way studios)
Price: $1.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible mp3 quality, April 17, 2013
This song is amazing. I have several versions of it. Look up Jar of Hearts HMV on youtube for my favorite.

The problem with this recording is some high pitch static when it gets loud. Completely unacceptable.

Is there no QA for this stuff?

Tamrac 3385 Aero Speed Pack 85 Dual Access Photo/Laptop Backpack (Black)
Tamrac 3385 Aero Speed Pack 85 Dual Access Photo/Laptop Backpack (Black)
2 used & new from $134.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera backpack, January 12, 2013
Length:: 5:26 Mins

I bought the Tamrac 3385 and the VANGUARD SKYBORNE 49 Camera Bag. I'm keeping this because it is just a better design. The side access is nice and it is the perfect size for my needs.

I posted the first half of this video on the Vanguard page. I'll save you the time and just say that bag isn't designed as well.

Hope you enjoy the video. You can see me in the reflection of my Dell 17" laptop (that doesn't fit)!

I'm subtracting a star because this bag should come with the tripod straps at $150.

I hope this helps.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2013 6:07 PM PDT

VANGUARD SKYBORNE 49 Camera Bag
VANGUARD SKYBORNE 49 Camera Bag
Price: $180.74
4 used & new from $180.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Skyborne 49 - not for me, January 12, 2013
Length:: 9:19 Mins

I bought both the Skyborne 49 and the Tamrac 3385 Aero Speed Pack 85 Dual Access Photo/Laptop Backpack (Black) because at the cost of these bags, I wanted to make sure I got the right one.

I don't really like how Amazon combined all the Vanguard bags under this one page. All the reviews are mixed together and the pictures of the product are not easy to distinguish.

There's no doubt that this is a high quality bag. Good materials and I like the look.

I'm giving the bag 3 stars because I don't think it is that great of a design with all the clips that are not removable.

For my money, there are better options available at this price point.

Hope this helps-
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2013 6:38 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4