Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for C. R. Smith > Reviews

C. R. Smith's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. R. Smith "H" RSS Feed (USA)

Epson MovieMate 60 Portable Projector, DVD and music player combo (V11H319220)
Epson MovieMate 60 Portable Projector, DVD and music player combo (V11H319220)
Price: $699.99
2 used & new from $699.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, December 29, 2009
My husband offered to set the projector up-- which essentially meant he would unpack it and plug it in for me. :) And the best part about this machine is that really that is all we had to do. Out of the box it was perfect! It allows you to have instant gratification --especially important if you have kids waiting for it.
So while you watch your first movie, which if you have children, will of course be their moive, you can flip through the manual and find out more information.
One plus was that it automatically gets brighter or darker based on the lighting in the room. A very nice feature. You can watch the movie in a lighted room. I have not taken it outside for we cannot comment on that. We purchased a Da-Lite Movie screen --portable and are very happy with that. Given that movies are wide, consider that when purchasing a screen. The projector does have aspect options which is a nice feature. I do feel that this projector is well priced and very nice quality for the amount.
As the previous commentor suggested, we did purchase karaoke dvds and you can purchase an adapter for the projector to allow more than one microphone. I am a teacher as well, and it is an excellent way to have kids practice reading. My first grader loves it. They even sell nursery rhyme dvds. We also like to play dvd games on the projector.
Side note--if you do have kids consider putting on closed captioning because they will read the words.

It comes with a soft cover to protect the projector.
Colors were right on.