Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Deb > Reviews

Browse

Deb's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5881
Top Reviewer Ranking: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Deb RSS Feed
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Bone Dry Warm, Soft, Plush, Bone Pet Pillow Blanket for Couch, Car, Trunk, Cage, Kennel, Dog House, 36x48", Gray
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great multi-purpose, dog chic blanket / pillow that Storm adores ..., May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you want nice dog bone patterned blanket that’s ultra-soft, this is a pet blanket your dog will love. The blanket arrived in a pillow-like form and Storm immediately took off with it. I have a couple of other DII blankets with a similar dog bone pattern and he somehow knew it was for him. He raced around the house tossing and shaking it as if it were some sort of toy. The blanket has synthetic zippers 3/4 of the way around and the pillow form is approximately 12” x 12”.

Storm is very hard on all of his blankets and I have to replace them frequently, but not the polyester fleece type, which this one is. Essentially, this is a piece of polyester fleece sewn around the edges and tucked into a pillow. Yet again, this is one blanket he won’t part with. Even when I was able to snag it, turning it into a blanket, he tossed it around.

It can be used in a kennel (spread it on the bottom), or used in pillow form to line the bottom of a bed. It would fit nicely in the bottom of a small hideaway bed like my dog Liam’s, but it’s already been claimed. I’m not sure if it’s the material, but Storm really adores these DII blankets. I have to periodically wash them, but have never had one unravel or lose color.

Laundering is simple: Machine wash warm or cold separately and tumble dry low. I do love the way this type of blanket launders because they come out looking as good as new every time.

Contents: 100% Polyester

Wool Dryer Balls 6-pack XL with *Free Sheep Coin Purse* and Inspirational Carrying Bag - Handmade with Premium 100% Organic New Zealand Wool - Best All-Natural Fabric Softener
Offered by lullaby baby
Price: $26.95
2 used & new from $16.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wool balls work great and dry my clothes much faster sans any static cling or twisting ..., May 20, 2016
Length:: 0:20 Mins

I do love a chem-free drying experience and certainly haven’t missed regular drying sheets. I seriously disliked the cloying scent the sheets left behind, something I can do without. Those who really need fragrance-free certainly can understand the need for wool dryer balls. I tried the plastic ones, but they made such a clatter it got to be quite annoying. Eventually one split in half and that was the end of that. A set of six wool dryer balls is perfect for most of my needs.

If anyone does want to add a scent to their laundry, a more natural one, you can experiment with adding a few drops of the essential oil of your choice to each ball. Ever since I started using wool balls, I never looked back. I can put a heavy load of laundry in the dryer without shaking twisted pieces and have them come out looking great. What happens is the clothing is separated and it dries much faster. From my own experience, it dries 25% to 30% faster. There are some hints on the enclosed instruction sheet for preventing things like annoying static cling.

Wool drying balls are naturally hypoallergenic and are perfect for doing things like cloth diapers or baby clothes. I am sensitive to things like dryer sheets and used to sneeze up a storm just handling them. I tried out these particular wool balls and found them to be much like the ones I’ve used in the past. The clothes aren’t as wrinkled and I don’t get those wet spots on heavier items that can be aggravating. And the sheets don’t twist up in that annoying tangle.

FEATURES:

► Individually handmade 100% Premium New Zealand wool
► Shortens drying time, saving money and time
► Eco-friendly, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free
► Contains no fillers or additives - 100% natural
► Safe for those who have wool sensitivities
► Eliminates harmful chemicals and potential toxins
► Softens your fabric, making it soft on the skin
► Quieter in the dryer compared to felt and plastic balls
► Great for sheets and towels - more fluffy, less balling and twisting
► Lasts for thousands of loads - no more expensive dryer sheets
► Eliminates chemical buildup in your dryer, dryer ducts and on your clothing

Wool balls don’t fall apart like the plastic ones and are ultra-quiet in the dryer. They make a very soft thump and since I’ve used them for some time, it’s hardly noticeable. They are soft on the laundry, but on the budget. They can be used for a 1,000+ loads easily. The only problem I have, is that the dog knows those balls are in there and always wants to help with the laundry. He does snag one now and then, but no harm done.

All six balls will worked quite well with a super-sized load of laundry. I simply adjust the number of balls I use according to the size of the load. The directions for this particular set of wool balls claims to use all of them, no matter what the size of the load. I find it really doesn’t matter and winds down to preference. I’m not getting any static cling and I don’t expect to. I’m all for using wool dryer balls ever since a friend told me that dryer sheets have some sort of carcinogens in them, but I’ve never researched it. I simply don’t care much at all for dryer sheets nor the residual smell on my clothing. One total bonus was the lovely wool sheep purse. It’s totally awesome and would be actually quite useful to put quarters in if you have to head to a laundromat.

Sample provided for review.

The Hunt for the Missing Spy (Code Busters Club) (Code Busters Club (Hardcover))
by Penny Warner
Price: $14.14
34 used & new from $9.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Code Busters mystery that will appeal to a wide variety of young mystery buffs ..., May 20, 2016
Ms. Stadadelhofer explained to her class that “All languages are codes, including English.” Of course many students at Berkeley Cooperative Middle School already knew that. In fact, the Code Busters Club loved learning about and discovering new codes. Cody (Dakota) Jones and her friends M.E. (Maria Elena) Esperanto, Quinn Kee, and Luke LeVeau had lots of codes in their repertoire. It was going to be really cool to check out what the so-called real spies knew about them because the sixth grade class was heading to Washington, D.C. ... to none other than the International Spy Museum! Everyone was really excited, except for maybe Matt the Brat.

Matthew Jeffries never had anything nice to say about anything. Complain, complain, complain! There was a new girl in the class, Mika Takeda who seemed pretty nice and in fact, her mother was going to be their chaperone on the trip. The Code Busters knew all about codes and cracking them was their specialty. They even had a clubhouse in Eucalyptus Forest and if any member forgot the secret knock ... well, they couldn’t get in. In the Code Busters clubhouse, “locks, bolts, and passwords were definitely necessary” to the secrecy of the club.

The Eucalyptus Forest clubhouse even had a “secret compartment hidden under the metal floor” that contained all their “code-busting supplies.” There was something lurking in that forest and M.E. quickly signed the word “lion.” Could there be a mountain lion outside the clubhouse? If there was it was wearing “extra-large hoodies and saggy jeans!’ The Code Busters had plenty of experience cracking codes and the picture message the culprit left behind just might give them a clue as to who was spying on them.

When the Code Busters finally arrived at the International Spy Museum the excitement began. They had “completed their ‘legends’ (fictional spy backgrounds), for their ‘covers’ (secret identities)” and were ready to get to work. The Code Busters were going to crack a case and beat the rest of the students. They were headed to their first waypoint, but something was seriously wrong. They soon noticed that “some strange person was spying on them,” leaving very cryptic messages behind. Worse yet, someone in the class ended up missing! Were the Code Busters savvy enough to crack not one, but two mysterious cases?

The Code Busters Club is a series that will appeal to a wide variety of young readers. This is not your average, straightforward mystery series, but rather one filled with secret (and not so secret) codes that move the story line along. Any youngster can opt to pass by the codes and read the tale without them, but it’s infinitely more fun to figure them out. Each chapter heading is spelling out with visible finger spelling, a great start to the mini-mysteries within. The Code Busters, as well as the reader, have to figure out the code before moving on. In the back of the book is a Key Book & Solutions. The keys can easily be replicated for easier solving. There’s a Code Buster’s Club website for even more fun as well as suggestions for classroom teachers.

CODES:

Japanese Kanji Numbers
George Washington’s Code
Alphanumeric Code
International Morse Code
Pigpen Code (two versions)
Finger Spelling

#2 The Haunted Lighthouse

#3 The Mystery of the Pirate’s Treasure

#4 The Mummy’s Curse

#5 The Hunt for the Missing Spy

This book courtesy of the publisher.

The Modern Romantic: New Relaxing Classical Piano Music
The Modern Romantic: New Relaxing Classical Piano Music
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A soft, comforting, and passionately beautiful work ..., May 20, 2016
Length:: 1:00 Mins

I had only listen to one of Laura’s works before, the CD Calm Within. I thoroughly enjoyed that album, but was totally mesmerized by this particular one. I often would use it as background music when working or relaxing. I often chuckled (and told everyone who would listen) not to play the Calm Within album in the car. It was just a bit too relaxing. Laura Sullivan’s music is the type that will take you anywhere you want to go with anyone you want to be with.

I’ve never been a fan of this type of music before and used to unabashedly describe it as elevator music. No more because I’d ride an elevator for hours to listen to it. It’s soft, it’s comforting and passionately beautiful. My favorite song in this album is “Winds of Magic,” a truly magical song, one that I’d expect to be heard on a Disney track. Whenever I want to listen to something soft and comforting, this is the specific track I head to. Naturally, before I can rewind as they used to say, I’d be listening to the others.

No two are alike, each one quite uniquely special. I’ve listened to my copy so many times (not in the car!) I now have several favorites. I lent my copy of Calm Within to a friend, a yoga practioner, and she too was mesmerized by the beauty of Sullivan’s work. At times certain songs or works simply jump out at me, but I haven’t heard anything in a while that has. I have now and this is truly a masterful, magical work that even those like me who prefer other genres will love.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2016 1:04 PM PDT

Viva Naturals Sweet Almond Oil 16 fl oz, 100% Pure and Hexane Free, Ideal for Skin and Hair
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $18.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A great multi-purpose oil that can be used for everything from a carrier oil for mixing oils to a straight-up moisturizer ..., May 19, 2016
One of the nicest things about sweet almond oil is the fact that it’s inexpensive and a great multi-purpose oil. It can be used for everything from cooking to use as a carrier oil when creating personalized oils. There are several oils on the market that are great skin moisturizers, but none quite as versatile as almond. I opened the bottle and even applying the small bit of oil from the seal was enough to take away some of the dry, flaky look my skin often gets.

It’s not winter, but the almond oil is yet another oil I might add to my list of moisturizers. I’m a big fan of shea butter, but the almond can be used as a base to make a more luxurious moisturizer. I’ve checked out several recipes on the Internet and there are no lack of ones that appeal to me. I’m not a pro at blending oils, but could definitely get into using this sweet, nutty oil as a carrier.

There is one book that should be on that wish list if you want to get into aromatherapy and use Viva Labs Sweet Almond Oil and that’s 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy: Mixing Oils for Everyday Use. It’s still a popular one after all these years and with the resurgence of the craft, a very interesting one. Of course almost everyone has a diffuser on hand these days.

And then, of course, there’s The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, a book aimed toward using oils for both health and beauty. The Viva Labs Sweet Almond Oil is fragrance-free, but probably once I start experimenting with it, it will be the perfect carrier oil for any number of concoctions. In the meantime, I’m using small drops to moisturize my hands.

Sample provided for review.

Marineland Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter (ML90770)
Marineland Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter (ML90770)
Price: $65.13
2 used & new from $53.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent filtration system that can / should be used as a secondary system ..., May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Marineland Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter is a multipurpose one, perfect for the person who needs a secondary system. It’s fine as the only system, but I really wouldn’t recommend it. What’s nice is that the Magnum can be used for continuous filtration or can be converted to a water polishing system to get those microscopic particles out of the water that may be causing a lot of cloudiness.

What I do like, as an inexperienced person in tank maintenance, is the clarity of the instructions. There are step-by-step instructions with visuals. There are also additional options for use of the filter to remedy cloudy tanks. I was surprised to see that there are three methods: a fast one (that will cloud the tank for a bit), a “better method,” and the “best method.” The best method recommend doing away with the use of diatomite powder, letting the filter do it’s own thing.

Yes, the filter is a clunker, but can be disguised by plants or fish tank decor. Proper maintenance is clear and outlined in both the Quick Setup Guide and on the front of the instructions. A very nice filtration system, especially for someone like me who needs clear instructions concerning this type of filtrations system.

MARINELAND REPLACEMENT PARTS:

Filter Canister Cover
Rigid Core
Complete Media Container Assembly (includes both lids)
Media Container Lid (one)
Foam Gasket
Impeller Assembly
Suction Cups (3), Bracket, Extension Tube with Plug, Diffuser
Media Separator

These are not yet available on Amazon, but a customer service number is in the instructions.

Burton Men's Weekender Socks (2 Pack), Keef, Large
Burton Men's Weekender Socks (2 Pack), Keef, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars The sock that rocks!, May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Burton socks and have wanted a couple of pairs for ages. These are the crazy mix ‘n match socks or, if you are more conservative, two pairs of matching ones. I certainly can’t lose them in the dryer because they are way wilder than most of my other ones. These are great if you’ve a boarder or winter person, but also perfect for lounging around the house. I’m not a boarder, but am outside a lot during the winter and they will be dual-purpose socks for me.

The Burton socks are ultra-comfortable and plush. I do love wool, but these should be longer lasting with the acrylic, nylon, and spandex mix. I wasn’t expecting to receive the Venom pattern, but it actually was my secret favorite. I also got the large, which is perfect for use inside my winter boots or just hanging around the house. There are several features I love, the chafe-free toe seams notwithstanding. The Burtons are nice and soft and have great elasticity, which returns to ‘normal’ when I take off the socks.

FEATURES:

► Medium-Density Cushioning Throughout Sock

► Elastic Arch and Ankle Support

► Chafe-Free Link Toe Seam

► Reinforced Toe and Heel

The 1-5/8” elasticized cuff doesn’t cut off my circulation, but does keep those socks up. I can left them drift down around my ankles if I feel like it. All the younger set around me have these socks and love them, but no reason I can’t love them too. If I have on a mismatched pair of socks, no one would think a thing about it. This type of sock is one of my favorites and even though I ask for socks each holiday, I’ve never received any. Love these socks!

go-comb Premium Ultra Thin Wallet Comb Fine Tooth Stainless Steel
go-comb Premium Ultra Thin Wallet Comb Fine Tooth Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars A great all-purpose comb for all types of hair, not just mustaches ..., May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Go-Comb is not just for the mustache, even though my husband likes it, but also for anyone who wants / needs a compact one to tote along with them. I have a plastic comb, one that inevitably gets lost in the shuffle in the bottom of my purse. If I want it, I do have to search for it and when I find it, I hesitate to use it. It can get rather grungy in its journey around the inside of my purse. Last time I spotted it, it had somehow ended up in between the pages of my checkbook.

There are several things I love about the Go-Comb. It is quite compact and yes, it does fit in a credit card slot. It’s very well-designed and quite solid. I’m going to be keeping in in the package and will be putting it in a zippered compartment in my purse. If it does eventually come out of the packaging, I doubt it will collect a lot of debris. The teeth of the comb are spread nicely and because the comb is stainless, it will clean up quickly and easily.

It glides nicely through my hair and feels great along my scalp, almost as if massaging it. Of course it’s rust- and corrosion-proof, yet another great feature. It’s one of those great, all-purpose combs for all types of hair, including those mustaches. I’ll be using it frequently because I even though my hair it short, it’s very difficult to keep looking neat in between hair cuts.

Pour Over Goose Neck Electric Kettle
Pour Over Goose Neck Electric Kettle
Price: $45.78
3 used & new from $45.78

2.0 out of 5 stars It looks good in pictures, but is very cheaply made and nothing I'd purchase if I'd seen it on display ..., May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking for an electric kettle that could be used in a dorm, something that would heat water quickly and safely. Perhaps the Tru electric kettle would fit the bill, but when I took it out of the box I was quite surprised at how cheaply made it was. From all the pictures it appears to indicate that it’s a very solid, well-made kettle. It’s everything but that. I’ve had several kettles heading my way, but this one simply isn’t of particularly high quality.

The brushed stainless is so thin it doesn’t even come close to the thickness of an old aluminum Comet coffee pot. If I were to drop the top on the floor it would most certainly bend out of shape as it’s so thin. The “One Touch Power Switch” is a very lightweight plastic and will probably break off in no time flat. Of course the real irritant is the fact that the plastic handle is secured on the inside of the pot where the plastic can potentially leach into the water.

Yes, the design is very lovely with the gooseneck spout, a great feature for spot-pouring over those grounds. The cord is partially concealed and it has an automatic shut-off, nice features as well. However, the Tru electric kettle, which could be an awesome one, is something I’d take a pass on had I seen it in a local store. It’s simply way too cheaply made to pass as an elegant addition to anyone’s kitchen collection. I seriously expected to love this kettle, but unfortunately ended up disliking it.

reNeu Dead Sea Minerals Shea Body Butter, Dead Sea Moisturizer and Stretch Marks Removal Shea Butter Cream
Offered by Zooper Marketing
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars This body butter is a luxurious creature comfort product that’s perfect for flaky skin ..., May 18, 2016
Length:: 0:19 Mins

Shea butter has been a wildly popular ingredient to lotions, something that is a great moisturizer. Add organic coconut oil to the mix and it’s a really wonderful combination. I’ve tried some out on my skin and the light flakiness disappeared instantly. There are a lot of amazing claims out there, but the advantages of the shea and coconut are well-known moisturizers that I do love.

I’m not really smelling anything other than a all-natural-like scent. There are some ingredients that do have a light scent, but nothing overwhelming. If you need fragrance-free, simply take a pass. For those who do want to know the source, the body butter is made and blended in Hawaii. In this house we do use shea butter to proactively prevent heavy cracking in the heels during winter. Everyone loves coconut oil, but primarily we use it for cooking.

The Dead Sea Shea Body Butter has a soft, off-white creamy look to it. Very lustrous actually. Now, this is quite expensive, but a tiny dollop goes a long way. If I put on too much, I get a slightly greasy look and feel to my skin. Obviously that’s much better than the flaky look though. The mix of this body butter is quite unlike any of seen with many obvious healing ingredients from the coconut oil to the aloe and shea.

We do have unrefined shea butter, an awesome product, but it’s much more difficult to spread on those heals. It doesn’t take long to see results because they are instant in nature. What I especially like is the luxurious nature of the butter and the ease of use. There is a lot number, but no expiration date. If I kept it in the fridge it would probably last up to two years, but it’s not likely that it will last all that long. One cautionary note not listed id the fact that shea butter does have some naturally occurring latex from the shea nut. Most people with latex allergies are probably well aware of this fact.

INGREDIENTS:

Purified Water, Organic Barbadensis Aloe Leaf Juice, Organic Sunflower Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Octyl Palmitate, Shea Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Potassium Stearate, Organic Beeswax, Organic Jojoba Oil, Tamanu Oil, Organic Borage Oil, Organic Flax Seed Oil, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Organic Rose Hip Oil, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Wildcrafted Arnica Montana, Organic Lavender, Organic Calendula, Organic Chamomile, Grapeseed Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Dead Sea Salt (Maris Salt), Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20