Profile for D. Fowler > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 12081

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Fowler RSS Feed
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Natural Balance Ingredient Treats Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal Dental Chews for Medium to Large Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $18.69
15 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs love the taste of the Natural Balance Dental chews a lot more than perio support ..., September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second Natural Balance bag of dental chews I’ve received. Storm is a young dog, but it’s never too young to consider dental health. I’ve always been careful to take care of the issue, primarily with consistent veterinarian care and the use of an expensive perio support powder. I’ve tried the Milk Bone chews and put them aside because they may work, but not if my dog can swallow them practically in one gulp.

I’ve been using a Natural Balance cat food for many years and was extremely pleased with the resulting health benefits. I inherited a cat and with it came a few problems. She had a lot of hairball activity and did have some problems keeping things down. A friend suggested Natural Balance (dry) and the result was impressive. Her coat became bright and shiny and the hairball activity lightened up considerably. I was hooked and she was happy.

Oddly enough, I like the smell of these Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal Formula Chews. My husband doesn’t care for them at all. The smell was awesome, with primarily pumpkin overtones. They are what I’d call “rubbery,” but I was able to cut off a small piece for my senior dog, who definitely needs dental chews. The chew does last longer than the Milk Bone and about the same amount of time as a Greenie.

On the Natural Balance website they claim that “Every production run of Natural Balance Pet Foods® is tested for nine known contaminants before distribution so that you can “Buy With Confidence” and know that your pet’s food is safe.” You can actually plug in the lot number and find out what is going on. It most certainly inspires confidence in the customer and makes me feel that I can trust they are doing the best for animals entrusted to their care.

I do like the Natural Balance brand, particularly in light of my previous experience with their dry cat food. It’s a brand I’ll most likely continue to use for their treats, especially for my senior dog.

FEATURES:

► Natural Balance Dental Chews are scientifically formulated to encourage your dog’s natural chewing instinct, to help support healthy teeth and gums
► This delicious mix of flavors, including savory ingredients like sweet potato and chicken meal, makes for a great taste your dog will love!
► For maximum benefits, be sure to feed these chews along with our whole line of LID; products including Dry & Canned formulas

INGREDIENTS:

Sweet Potato, Chicken Meal, Glycerin, Natural Chicken Flavor, Lecithin, Sorbic Acid (preservative), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C).

NATURAL BALANCE:

Natural Balance All Natural Bear Biscuit Dog Treats

Natural Balance Potato and Duck Formula Dog Treats

Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Treats Brown Rice and Lamb Meal Formula

Limited Ingredient Treats - Jerky Bark Duck & Potato

Culina Apple Slicer, Splitter, Divider, Corer. Circular 4" dia base. Robust Stainless Steel Ultra Sharp Blades to cut 8 uniform wedges. Perfect for Apple consumption raw or for baking preparation
Offered by Innovative World
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The slightly larger inner dimensions of this Culina apple corer / slicer made work a bit easier and quicker ..., September 17, 2014
I have a couple of apple trees and can always put an apple slicer / corer to use. My trees aren’t productive this year due to a late frost so I’m purchasing them at the store. Right now I have a few Granny Smith apples that need a firm hand with this type of corer.

This Culina slicer has an OXO look about it with the clean white look and silicone hand grips. It’s a bit different than some slicers I’ve used in the past. The blades are the same, nice and sharp and ready to attack a pile of apples. What is different are those handles.

The handles are raised and I can fully grasp them, something that enabled me to get a better grip when I was coring my apples. The silicone is non-slip, which is another thing that makes coring easier. I have a couple of all-metal slicers / corers, but this one is more useful in more than one way. Needless to say, I made quick work of a few apples. I like to slice a couple in advance for a snack. Costco has some pre-sliced ones that are quite pricey so I’ve take to doing my own.

I wouldn’t say anyone would be “shabby” results with ‘most any slicer, but some are better than others. Why? Well, the Culina’s inner dimensions are approximately 3-1/8” in diameter, the corer is larger than most at just under 1”, and the entire slicer / corer (from side-to-side) is is 7-1/8” wide.

It is easy to clean because of the slightly larger dimensions. I can easily rinse it and use my soft OXO brush for any leftover debris. The Culina is a simple slicer / corer, but a bit of an improvement over the ones I have. It will “match” many of the OXO products and is a really functional tool to add to your collection.

CULINA COLLECTION:

Culina French Fry Potato Cutter with Round Bottom for Easy Slicing, Stainless Steel

Culina Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers

Culina, Robust Salad Spinner, 5Qt. BPA-Free

Culina, Space saver Compact Salad Spinner, 3Qt. BPA-Free

Culina Premium Potato Ricer and Baby Food Strainer,BPA-Free

Culina BBQ Set, 18 pcs Stainless Steel

Culina Strainer Over-the-sink (Oval), Stainless Steel Fine Mesh

Culina Premium Stainless Steel Rocking Pizza Cutter 14”

Culina Bamboo Utensils Set of 6

Rudy and Claude Splash Into Art
Rudy and Claude Splash Into Art
by Adam McHeffey
Price: $10.19
23 used & new from $9.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The is a charming story about Rudy, the wanna be artist that children will love ..., September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Claude was an artist, a real artist. He was busily working on a self-portrait in his sketch pad. Splish, splash, on went the paint and voila, there was a great looking portrait! Rudy the mouse looked on as he leaned against a green paint pot. “That looks interesting. Whatchya working on, Claude?” he asked. Claude didn’t want to be bothered because he was “making art,” something that Rudy obviously knew nothing about. Rudy figured he knew all about it because he had skill and imagination, but nope, not according to Claude.

Rudy got to work and started working on his self-portrait, but it seriously didn’t look anything like him. It kind of looked like a blue blob with eyes. Now that would never do. Claude was a real artist and he could paint a still life. “A still life,” he explained to Rudy, “is when you paint some things that you can put on a table.” Rudy got to work and decided he’d paint a soup can. It looked like a soup can that was sorta melting. Now that would never do. There were landscapes, found art, and masterpieces, but Rudy couldn’t manage to do any of them. Would Rudy ever become a real artist like Claude?

The is a charming story about Rudy, the wanna be artist that children will love. Of course the humor is an obvious theme throughout the book, but when Rudy claims he’s a “total failure,” young children will easily be able to see that’s he’s really not. Naturally everyone’s definition of what is true are is quite different than the next person’s. The artwork is quite animated, colorful, and delightfully humorous. This is most certainly a self-esteem booster and would the perfect book to read during circle or storytime in a homeschool or classroom setting.

Tomcat Heavy Duty Mouse Trap (2 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Tomcat Heavy Duty Mouse Trap (2 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Price: $3.99
9 used & new from $3.18

5.0 out of 5 stars This Tomcat is *the* better mousetrap my husband has been looking for ..., September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has got to be one of the better, if not best mechanical mouse traps on the market. It is quite heavy-duty because I dropped one of these traps and it didn’t even break. It’s definitely a trap you’ll want to keep your fingers away from. The trap is extremely sensitive and with a little tap from a pen, it set off. Broke the tip of my pen off in the bargain.

No need to worry about setting it off when baiting it because one can bait it from beneath the trap before setting it. Twist the bait compartment to the left, pull it out, bait it and return it to the trap. A simple twist to the left, pushing the trap open, and you’re good to go. My husband, who adores mouse traps is thrilled with this one. He’s on the prowl right about now because this is the time of year mice are starting to come into the house.

We’ve had very good luck with all Tomcat products save one of their mole killers. I didn’t care for it simply because the bait poison would make other animals like dogs and cats vulnerable. This mechanical mouse trap is one of the best ones yet. Undoubtedly, my husband will be ordering more. He’s already asked if I had a few more and snapped the side of his finger in one testing. Go figure.

Munchkin Latch Lightweight Pacifier, Green/Orange, 0+ Months
Munchkin Latch Lightweight Pacifier, Green/Orange, 0+ Months
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic pacifiers for any new addition to the family ..., September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a new baby who will be arriving within weeks and everyone is getting prepared. No, it’s not the first baby this family has seen, but the second in a new generation and will be well-loved. I do like this style of pacifier and definitely like the Munchkin brand as I’m familiar with it.

I do like the design, which is infinitely much better than the old-fashioned one. A baby can control and hold this style in his or her mouth rather than needing a bit of help. They are very lightweight and the colors are gender-neutral, something we need at this point in time. Nice value and, if you use them, would make a perfect gift to give or receive.

► Includes two BPA free natural shaped pacifiers designed for babies 0+ months
► Designed by pediatric dentists and moms
► Lightweight design helps to keep the pacifier in your baby’s mouth
► Heart-shape shield fits baby’s face and stays clear of nose
► One-piece silicone pacifier helps keep germs out

MUNCHKIN:

Munchkin Latch Lightweight Pacifier and Heartbeat Clip, 0+ Months
Offered by ToysOnline
Price: $20.24
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for a baby shower for a new baby ♥, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a new baby arriving on the scene within weeks now. We don't know if it will be a boy or girl, but we do know he or she will be well-loved. I know that I very much like Munchkin products because I have some. They are well-designed and of very high quality.

This pacifier is very unique. I like the fact that is a BPA-free silicone, a real plus in my book. The heartbeat sound can actually be heard in a quite room. There's a switch on the front of the pacifier so it can be turned off an on at will. There's a good solid clip that can be clipped to a sleeper or a blanket.

I like the pacifier, Mom, likes the pacifier, but whether or baby will like it remains to be seen. It's a truly innovative pacifier, but unfortunately not one that every baby will ♥.

FEATURES:

♥ Designed by pediatric dentists and moms
♥ Lightweight design helps to keep the pacifier in your baby's mouth
♥ Heart shaped shield fits baby's face and stays clear of her nose
♥ One-piece silicone pacifier helps keep germs out
♥ Natural shaped nipple for babies 0+ months

Munchkin Sprout Drying Rack

Munchkin Easy-Close Metal Safety Gate

Munchkin 36 Pack Arm and Hammer Pacifier Wipes

Munchkin Arm & Hammer Disposable Changing Pad

EKSEL BBQ Grill Mats Non Stick-Set Of 2 Huge Mats 1 Black and 1 Beige Adjust to Grill Size
Offered by eksel1
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The barbeque mats are perfect for those messy items like chicken wings, but also grilling veggies ..., September 17, 2014
It’s a little late for outside grilling this time of year, but these mats are perfect for oven use. I have several silicone baking sheets, but I primarily reserve those for things such as cinnamon buns and cookies. For some reason, they seem to lend themselves to that sort of thing. These mats are a whole ‘nother story.

There are two mats in this box, each with a different purpose in mind. The black mat is for those food products that need to absorb more heat such as chicken, steak, hash browns, and burgers. The beige mat is for those that could use a slightly lighter touch like seafood, veggies, and all kinds of fish. Many people do up salmon on the grill so these are perfect.

I’m not going to be grilling a steak because I’m a vegetarian, but when I grill I don’t want to be putting my food on top of grunge that someone else left before me. Ever been to a state park and have had to stand there and scrape down the grill in order to use it? Well, you won’t have to do that any more with these mats. They are easy to take along and equally easy to clean up.

There are many reasons I find these mats to be quite useful. The juices from meats won’t be hitting the coals or lava rocks, making a mess or causing a flare up. Hot dogs are easy on a grill, but if you’ve ever had half the chicken on the grill and the other on the
tongs you’ll love the convenience of having the heat more evenly spread.

► Healthy, no fat BBQs
► BBQ anything; fruit, pizzas, eggs, vegetables, meat, fish, chicken and more
► Free e-Book for Delicious BBQ Recipe Ideas
► Perfect for George Foreman and Weber Grills
► Large mats 15.75 x 19.70 inches, also suitable for Oven, Grills, Microwaves
► Can use more than 100 times

Nothing will be falling into the grill because the mats the two mats totally cover a grill. If you have a large grill, you can overlap them. I’m using them in the oven to roast and reheat. My husband is doing the meat bit and because it’s the height of the veggie season, I’m doing the veggies. I’m not quite sure how long they will hold up because I haven’t use them much, but the claim is more than 100 times. I suspect they’ll last quite a while because they feel quite durable.

I do like the non-stick factor and the fact that there’s less mess than ever before. Cleanup is a snap and on one level remind me of the silicone bakeware, but are for a wide variety of grilling / baking needs. They’ll take a bit of getting used to, but for certain ultra-messy barbeque items like wings with a lot of sauce, they’ll be very welcome. Hot dogs and hamburgers won’t need a mat, but it will be nice to have them on hand for when needed.

Sample provided for review.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance LIT Mini Jumpin' Stix Chicken Formula with Glucosamine and Chondroitin Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $11.92
8 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Both my dogs love these, but they are especially good for my smaller senior dog ..., September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I especially wanted the Mini Jumpin’ Stix for my older dog, Liam. He’s a little guy and even though he’s fairly spry, I little bit of glucosamine and chondroitin in a treat now and then can’t hurt. I actually used to supplement another dog’s diet with an actual tablet because she was arthritic and was beginning to have trouble moving around.

Natural Balance was a food of choice for many years. A friend suggested I make the switch to a Natural Balance dry cat food when we were having issues. I inherited the cat and she had a lot of hairball activity. Natural Balance appeared to have all the qualities I wanted in a pet food and I was pleased with the results. The hairball activity was minimized and her coat became shiny and beautiful.

A simple crinkle of a bag gets one of my dogs scrambling. He’s younger, but he knows what that noise means. Both of my dogs love these Jumpin’ Stix, but I like them because they are soft and easy to break up. I have to watch Liam’s weight and I can control the amount he has. Perfect for the smaller breed dog, but everyone likes them in this household.

► Limited Ingredients
► Formulated with glucosamine and chondroitin to help support healthy hips and joints
► Formulated without corn, wheat, artificial flavors or colors

INGREGIENTS:

Chicken, Water, Dried Sweet Potatoes, Dried Potatoes, Gelatin, Vegetable Glycerin, Sucrose, Guar Gum, Cane Molasses, Salt, Sorbic Acid (preservative), Citric Acid (preservative), Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Chondroitin Sulfate, Natural Smoke Flavor, Rosemary Extract.

NATURAL BALANCE:

Natural Balance All Natural Bear Biscuit Dog Treats

Natural Balance Potato and Duck Formula Dog Treats

Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Treats Brown Rice and Lamb Meal Formula

Limited Ingredient Treats - Jerky Bark Duck & Potato

InnoGear® Waterproof IP65 Solar Powered Staircase Stair Step Light 32 LED Stairway Path Landscape Garden Floor Wall Patio Lighting Lamp
Offered by InnoGear
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very bright solar motion-sensing light source to light up an area or deter unwanted visitors ..., September 17, 2014
Length:: 0:22 Mins

This is a perfect outside solar light that really lights up an area when it senses motion. It senses at a 60° angle, a sufficient angle to light up an area as one approaches and good enough to deter unwanted visitors. I'm admittedly enamored with anything solar and especially like the wireless lighting for my outbuildings. No need to worry about any power with the installation of a few lights like these.

I do have a sturdier unit, but this one really puts out some light with those 32 LED bulbs. LED bulbs last for years so there's little chance I'd have to replace a bulb, unlike conventional lighting. They are very tiny, but quite powerful. It's definitely not a lighting source you'll want to look at directly.

We've had a fair amount of theft in the area and motion-sensing lighting sources during the night are a good deterrent. Animals, for the most part, don't really care much about this type of lighting and ignore it. For example, I had one sitting out on my food scraps bucket in hopes that raccoons would leave it alone, but no such luck. They would pick it up and put it to one side. If you want one to deter animals, you may wish to take a pass.

No need to purchase anything because the unit comes complete, including a template. Believe it or not, a template is an important part of the packaging. It makes installation that much easier and no need to measure at all. It also comes with a couple of screws and toggle bolts (I usually don't bother with these).

I'm not fond of the plastic housing, but the functionality is excellent and offsets it. Once up and running it wasn't noticeable. I suspect the solar panel on the top will last for quite a while. The material included with the light indicates a 15-year life span, something I can live with. Excellent solar lighting source and a very good price point.

FEATURES:

► Solar step lights, recharged by solar panels under sun light, gather energy even on overcast days.
► 32 LEDs in each light that provide up to 8 hours of light each night. Safe and waterproof, provides longer life in all weather conditions.
► Automatic charging once battery installed. Mount easily on steps, walls, and fence posts. Sleek modern design that is easy to install with no wiring required.
► Perfect for areas where conventional electrical supply is not available, or spaces where it always seems just a little too dark or standard lights would be problematic such as pathway, staircase, garden, yard, drive way etc.

SPECS:

~► LED: 32 LED
~► Light Color: White
~► LED Power: 3.5W
~► Lumen: 400
~► Battery: 3.7V/2200mAH
~► Product Dimension: 8-1/2" x 4-1/4"3-3/4"
~► Net Weight: 11.99 ounces (340g)
~► Waterproof grade: IP65

Sample provided for review.

Expower(R) Bluetooth Wireless Drop-proof and Splash-Proof Speaker with 7000mAh Charger for Camping and Hiking (Black)
Offered by Smart Teck
Price: $55.99
2 used & new from $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Expower proved to be a party speaker in disguise with Logitech sound and Grace Digital construction ..., September 17, 2014
The Expower is actually an amazing speaker that performance-wise is right up there with Logitech. The outer body reminds me of the type Grace Digital puts out. There's a rectangular patterned silicone casing that will work to protect the metal grills and interior. If you have an accidental drop on its side you may get a dent.

I don't know what the IPX rating is, but if it starts to rain, this speaker will be protected long enough for anyone to snag it and get it under shelter. The speaker weighs approximately 1 pound 4.3 ounces so it has a bit of heft to it. There's a metal loop that one can attach to a carbineer (included) and then to a backpack.

The Expower does have a lot of power. It's got an amazing 7000mAh polymer battery that will keep the music going for hours and hours. Eight to be exact. Pairing was easy, but instead of a long, heavy press, once I got the speaker up and running a light tap worked nicely. The controls are quite intuitive. The manual is decent, comprehensive, but you'll need a magnifying glass to read it.

The sound. That's what everyone is interested in. We've got a party speaker here with an amazing 120dB. It was whoa, the Expower has it all. It's got clarity, in sounds great in all genres, and the sound range is excellent. From Hardwell to Handel and Hip Hop, they all sound good. Of course if you consider yourself to be an audiophile, you may hear those subtle differences.

The physical range outpaces most Bluetooth speakers with an extra 20 feet. This one has a range of 50 feet (15m). I've only encountered a few that have that sort of range. Those 120dB will fill a backyard party with music over the sound of a crowd. The Expower is a real performer and at this price point is a bargain.

► Neodymium Speaker Drivers Offer Loud, Clear Sound
► Rechargeable 7000mAh Battery Lasts Twenty Hours play,also this is a 7000mAh Charger
► Drop- and Splash-Proof for Outdoor Use and camping and hiking
► A built-in microphone allows you to use your speaker as a speakerphone in meetings or chatting. Indication light will show battery level and tells you when you have correctly connected the speaker to your device.
► This is a powerful,charger that can charge your phones, tablets or any electronics through its USB port (cable included)

SPECS:

Bluetooth:

~► Version: 2.1
~► Range: 15.0M
~► Environment temperature: +10°~+40°C

Music © Hardwell & Joey Dale featuring Luciana (Acadia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20