Profile for D. Fowler > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Fowler RSS Feed
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real Squeeze 11.5 oz
Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real Squeeze 11.5 oz
Offered by Craftronics
Price: $11.20
5 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Helmann’s is an old classic that’s been in my fridge for years ..., July 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Of course Helmann’s is a mayo that we’ve had in our fridge for years. This new bottle with a CleanLock Cap makes it easier to use and is certainly less messy. When I go to use this new bottle there’s much less chance I’ll get a sudden surge of mayo on a sandwich or wrap. Nothing more frustrating than having to scrape it off.

We are a Helmann’s fan and aside from Miracle Whip, which some in my family preferred, was the only mayo in the house when I was growing up. It’s my favorite when my sister makes one of her infamous tuna macaroni salads for sure! Of course this bottle is designed with the person who’s going to prepare a sandwich or wrap.

I do like how it will easily stand on the counter waiting for the next item that needs mayo. I’ve purchased some of the new squirt-type bottles, but suspect I’ll get more product out of this one. The price is quite steep right now on Amazon, hovering around $11, but probably will go down. If not, it’s local shopping for me.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup Helmann’s Real Mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 oz.)
2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

BBQ-Cheddar-Crusted Chicken

Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 425°.

2. Combine Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, cheese and barbecue sauce in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.

1. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked

Recipe © Hellmann’s

Cap Mundo Single-Cup Coffee for Nespresso Brewers, Yrgacheffe, 10 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice medium roast blend that makes me want to try more of the Cap’ Mundo flavors ..., July 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wasn’t quite sure what to expect of the Cap’ Mundo Artisan Espresso coffee as I’ve never tried it. I do like a nice medium to robust blend and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. I used to stick with the same old blend, but since I’ve branched out and experimented, I’ve “discovered” some unexpectedly great coffees. When I opened the outer packaging there was a marvelous aroma awaiting me.

Before I even opened the bag I was checking out the Cap’ Mundo site. They claim that “Each quality ingredient that goes into the assemblage of our coffee creations enjoys a separate, slow and traditional artisan roasting. This time-honoured method, combined with the principle of blending after roasting allows us to optimise the elegance and aromatic richness of each of our creations.”

Each pod is additionally wrapped in an aluminum sachet to ensure freshness. I’m certainly no barista and simply know what I like. I was quite pleased with the taste and certainly enjoyed trying out the Cap’ Mundo for the first time and would do so again. It’s an artisan-blended espresso and I’d definitely like to try some of the other blends.

Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Brown Plain Medium
Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Brown Plain Medium
Price: $17.05
45 used & new from $10.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful classic style notebook for sketching or journaling ..., July 3, 2015
For the most part, people do most of their note-taking and even sketching in a digital format. I take a lot of notes in an assortment of notebooks, mostly the inexpensive types that go on sale for pennies. It’s actually a luxury and a privilege to use quality notebooks and I reserve them for my research notes or items of interest. For example, in some books I have lists of microfiche articles I’d like to access while in another I have lists of quotations.

This particular notebook has smooth, ivory colored paper beneath the cover. The paper is a medium weight and quite smooth. There are no margins in this book and when I open it up the pages will gently roll and lay flat. I was surprised to see that the pages appeared to be sewn in, something of a rarity these days. This is the type of notebook I’d expect to find sold in a gift shop in a museum. There are no margins and when it’s opened the pages gently roll and will lay flat.

The covers of this notebook are supple and it feels great just to hold it. The rounded corners will prevent bumping and give the Monsieur a nice classy and classy look. I’ll probably be delving into my research again and this notebook, along with several others in the series, will come in handy. The series ranges from A4 to A6 in size, lined, unlined, and sketch. Beautiful notebooks that are for those who enjoy a bit of time away from the high-tech world.

► Rounded corners

► Leather, bonded (brown)

► White endpapers

► Sewn-in silk ribbon bookmark (brown)

Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Brown Sketch Medium
Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Brown Sketch Medium
Price: $15.86
43 used & new from $10.19

This particular notebook has smooth, ivory colored paper beneath the cover. The paper is actually quite thick and doesn’t bleed through. There are no margins in this book and when I open it up the pages will gently roll and lay flat. I was surprised to see that the pages appeared to be sewn in, something of a rarity these days. This is the type of notebook I’d expect to find sold in a gift shop in a museum. There are no margins and when it’s opened the pages gently roll and will lay flat.

► Rounded corners

► Leather, bonded (brown)

► White endpapers

► Sewn-in silk ribbon bookmark (brown)

Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Black Fountain Medium
Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Black Fountain Medium
Price: $17.85
38 used & new from $10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful classic style notebook for sketching or writing with a fountain pen ..., July 3, 2015

This particular notebook has smooth, brilliant white paper beneath the cover. It’s called a “fountain” because it’s perfect for those who either sketch or still use a fountain pen. There are no margins in this book and when I open it up the pages will gently roll and lay flat. I was surprised to see that the pages appeared to be sewn in, something of a rarity these days. This is the type of notebook I’d expect to find sold in a gift shop in a museum. There are no margins and when it’s opened the pages gently roll and will lay flat.

► Rounded corners

► Leather, bonded (black)

► White endpapers

► Sewn-in silk ribbon bookmark (black)

Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Green Ruled Small
Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Green Ruled Small
Price: $11.36
49 used & new from $7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A small, beautiful classic style notebook ..., July 3, 2015
For the most part, people do most of their note-taking in a digital format. I take a lot of notes in an assortment of notebooks, mostly the inexpensive types that go on sale for pennies. It’s actually a luxury and a privilege to use quality notebooks and I reserve them for my research notes or items of interest. For example, in some books I have lists of microfiche articles I’d like to access while in another I have lists of quotations.

This particular notebook is the perfect size for me to enter a new series of quotations in. There are no margins in this book and when I open it up the pages will gently roll and lay flat. I was surprised to see that the pages appeared to be sewn in, something of a rarity these days. This is the type of notebook I’d expect to find sold in a gift shop in a museum. There are no margins and when it’s opened the pages gently roll and will lay flat.

DIMENSIONS:

► Sheet size - A5 - 4.1” x 5.8” (105 x 148 mm)

► 192 cream-colored pages

► Narrow ruled - 1/4” (6.35 mm)

► Rounded corners

► Leather, bonded (Dark green)

► White endpapers

► Sewn-in silk ribbon bookmark (bright green)

Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Purple Ruled Medium
Monsieur Notebook Leather Journal - Purple Ruled Medium
Edition: Stationery
Price: $14.65
25 used & new from $11.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful classic style notebook ..., July 3, 2015

I’ve never been one to journal, but this particular Monsieur Notebook would certainly lend itself to that. There are no margins in this book and when I open it up the pages will gently roll and lay flat. I was surprised to see that the pages appeared to be sewn in, something of a rarity these days. This is the type of notebook I’d expect to find sold in a gift shop in a museum. There are no margins and when it’s opened the pages gently roll and will lay flat.

► 192 cream-colored pages

► Narrow ruled - 1/4” (6.35 mm)

► Rounded corners

► Leather, bonded (Purple)

► White endpapers

► Sewn-in silk ribbon bookmark (bright purple)

Nature Valley Soft Baked Protein Granola Bites, Honey Almond, 8.4 Ounce
Nature Valley Soft Baked Protein Granola Bites, Honey Almond, 8.4 Ounce
Offered by BC Groceries and more
Price: $16.85
2 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A great protein source with a good old-fashioned taste, but quite high in calories ..., July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If I want to gain weight, I’d certainly consider eating Nature Valley’s Granola Bites frequently. Loaded with calories they are, but the protein content is perfect for what I’m looking for. I’m always searching for foods with a good dollop of protein and there are a full 7 grams in threes pieces.

Of course the bites are quite small and the high calorie count rather offsets the benefit of the protein, least ways for me. My husband can use both the calories and the protein so for him it’s not problematic. The source of the protein is a soy-based one, something that I’m fine with.

The taste test? We both liked them as they were quite similar to cookies, albeit mini ones. I would buy them again if my husband decides he’s a big fan. They are quite good, old-fashioned good, with a decent protein source.

NUTRITION FACTS (abbreviated):

Serving Size: 3 Pieces (45g)
Servings Per Container: About 5

Dietary Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 10g

Protein: 7g

INGREDIENTS:

Whole Grain Oats, Soy Protein Isolate, Sugar, Wheat Flour, Canola Oil, Refiner’s Syrup, Almond Pieces, Water, Honey, Glycerin, Egg White, Rice Starch, Molasses, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Palm Oil. Mixed Tocopherols Added to Preserve Freshness.

Trakline Automatic Men's Belt | "Intrepid" Stainless Buckle, Full-Grain Leather (24" to 44", Black)
Offered by Trakline Belts
Price: $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An easily adjustable leather belt that has a classy and classic look ..., July 2, 2015
One thing I noticed immediately about the Kore belt was the fact that there were no holes. No holes to wear out and no buckle to contend with and adjust each time the belt was put on. It wasn’t hard to figure out how to set up the belt as there are very clear written and visual instructions. The only problem I had was explaining to my husband how the belt worked and getting him to stand still.

After I attached the belt to the buckle, I had him put the belt on to adjust it. One thing that he wanted was for the tapered end to go through another loop to keep it from flopping around. The Kore was easy to adjust and cut once I was ready. The only problem I had was removing the belt from the tab holding the end. I did have to use needle nose pliers to open it. This only tells me that once the belt is cut and set back up in the buckle, it should be quite secure.

Something most people don’t think about if they don’t often purchase a belt, is the fact that it is larger than the waist / pant size. I ended up with a belt that was four inches larger than my husband’s pant size. The belt itself is of high-quality leather and looks quite sharp sans those holes and a cumbersome buckle. The buckle has a pewter-like look to it, giving it a somewhat classy and classic look.

Each time he put on the belt he had no problem ratcheting the belt and buckle combo to suit him. It obviously will need some adjustment depending on the type of pants he’s wearing or what he might be doing. For example, if he’s in church or at a meeting getting up and down continually, he’ll need a bit more room. He loves the belt, especially the look.

Sample provided for review.

French Press 34 Oz, By Zelancio, Coffee Tea & Espresso Coffee Maker with Heat Resistant Glass, Portable and Compact
Offered by marketfleet
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Zelancio in an affordable French press that makes a great cup of coffee ..., July 2, 2015
French presses were a simple novelty a few decades ago, but people are returning to them for a special brew. I love anything kitchen and coffee-related, including French presses. We’d all love to have a fancy coffee machine, but for most that’s not in the budget, especially mine. I have a few inexpensive coffee machines I enjoy, but when I’m feeling especially decadent I’ll use a French press. The Zelancio is a simple standard one and is one of the more affordable ones I’ve seen. I can make my coffee to my specifications, especially as to how strong I want a cup.

The Zelancio will also work well for those who wish to brew loose tea, but I’ve only tried it with coffee. I have a few different kinds of coffee beans and and widening my repertoire. The brand I usually have on hand for experimentation is Trader Joe’s Organic French Roast. Hand burr grinders are perfect if I want ultra-fresh and when I used it I aimed for a medium-coarse to a coarse grind. Whenever I do this I’m assured I won’t clog up the filter and, of course, pressing was easier. The Zelancio filter is a fine stainless steel mesh and a fine grind would also ensure I’d get that grunge in my coffee.

I’m far from being a barista, but I used the Zelancio in a similar manner as I would any of my other French presses. There are some minimal directions on a foldout sheet inside the box for the newbie. One cautionary note that should be adhered to is to leave 1” of space at the top when brewing. Using a French coffee press is a lot of fun, especially when I’ve got plenty of time on my hands and am not anxious for a quick cup. Using a French press is a great way to have the perfect cup of coffee every time.

HOW TO USE THE ZELANCIO:

1) First pour some very hot, but not boiling water into the Zelancio to heat it. Simply swish it around to heat the interior.

2) Put the top on for a minute and then empty it.

3) Add 3 to 4 rounded tablespoons of medium course ground coffee of choice.

4) Add enough hot water to cover the grounds.

5) Stir and let steep for a couple of minutes.

6) Add more water to fill the Zelancio and stir again.

7) After stirring, let it steep again for three or four minutes.

8) Slowly press the plunger down and you’re done!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20