Profile for domaid > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

domaid RSS Feed

Triton 10L Port. Water Heater Silver
Triton 10L Port. Water Heater Silver
Price: $218.63
7 used & new from $213.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny and then some!, June 30, 2013
It was quick to mount. I mounted mine to a box store sturdy metal trellis because I didn't want to mount it to the cabin. I bought the heaviest one I could find, pushed it in the ground next to the cabin and put up a metal strap with pre-drilled holes in it with heavy duty steel zip ties to fasten the strap to the trellis. Then I screwed the mounting hardware into the metal strip with the pre-drilled holes in it and screwed it in. It's sturdy and I didn't have to punch holes in my cabin.

All the hardware you'd need for regular uses is in the package. But I wanted to be able to use it at camp for dishes, showers and clothes washing, and the stations for all that weren't all sitting together. Soooo, I went to the box hardware store and bought 2 replacement 8' handheld hoses and 2 male-male connectors and some teflon thread tape. Also used the 8' hose it came with and the shower head...which is important, because the head has the off switch on it (although you could modify something using a different shower head and the appropriate hardware.)

This heater heats fast! I read in the reviews how someone had issue with it going off mid-shower. I have run a lot of water through the 10L Triton and had no problems with that at all. It could be that the company fixed those problems as those reviews are older.

I couldn't be happier. It went up fast, and I had hot water fast. It saves a lot of energy too. With daily dishes, showers, clothes washing, dog washing and anything else dirty, it's served its purpose with little energy cost. With the long hose, I ran it inside the cabin window, outside for this thing and out back for the other. It gets as hot as you need it. To test it, we cranked it full and it was so hot you couldn't even hold the shower head in your hand.

The propane tank will last you a long time too. You will love it!

Generic OEM NEW Replacement HP Compaq CQ60 CQ60Z G60 G60T Keyboard 100% compatible
Offered by Lotfancy
Price: $13.92
11 used & new from $12.35

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it, I fixed my laptop myself!!!, January 3, 2013
I got online and found directions, but this inexpensive keyboard saved my laptop. I had the laptop under my RV awning which had developed a leak right above my laptop. I don't know how much dripped in there, but nothing worked. I tried drying the thing out. I did it all. But half the keyboard would not work. So I ordered this replacement, and it went together just as the online directions said and it saved me a ton of money from sending it in to the shop. I was really happy, and I'm typing now on it.

I know this is a generic keyboard, but it looked exactly like the one it replaced and the feel and everything is exactly the same. I wouldn't hesitate at all in buying this.

Fingerweaving Untangled an Illustrated Beginner's Guide Including Detailed Patterns and Common Mista
by Carol James
16 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This book kept me from giving up!!! I can do it!, January 3, 2013
I had been so frustrated. Fingerweaving had been such a challenge for me. I'm not that dexterous to start with. I have bought several books in fingerweaving, but this one solves the problems that new fingerweavers have. I kept thinking, I know I could get this if an experienced fingerweaver could just sit down with me and show me....well, this book will do that job. The pictures are clear, and it is as though an experienced fingerweaver is there with you.

If you have someone to sit down with you, then you probably don't need this book, but if you are alone and trying to figure out fingerweaving through books and examples, this one is essential.

Indian Clothing of the Great Lakes, 1740-1840
Indian Clothing of the Great Lakes, 1740-1840
by Sheryl Hartman
Price: $12.47
28 used & new from $2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Well illustrated AND with patterns you can adapt for yourself or others!, January 3, 2013
This book was well written and loaded with easy to follow patterns and directions to make several outfits for men and women. The thing that struck me was the attention to detail. A person who had not done much sewing could use this book as well as someone who is experienced. Gussets are demystified, the use of embellishments, and the craft of ribbon applique, that looks SO complicated, is simple to understand. The author also goes into detailed directions for producing moccasins as well.

This book is my favorite among all I have in reproducing authentic Native American clothing from the Great Lakes nations.

Mefix Fixation Dressing & Tape - 4" x 11 Yds - Each
Mefix Fixation Dressing & Tape - 4" x 11 Yds - Each
Offered by Direct Medical Inc.
Price: $16.63
5 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 3, 2013
Found this by accident when we needed to borrow some tape from my uncle's first aid kit. My daughter's insulin pump gear kept getting pulled out in sports or just normal play. This tape will hold anything that you need to secure for active folks. We are happy and keep buying it. We used to try all kinds of tape, but this is the only stuff that worked perfectly.

Woodland Indians (Illustrated Living History Series)
Woodland Indians (Illustrated Living History Series)
by C. Keith Wilbur
Price: $13.74
42 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Like a kid's book report, January 3, 2013
This could have been pamphlet sized if they had used a regular book font on the book. Instead they padded it with a hand written look font that was irritating to read. There is not that much info in it. It reminds me of a kid's book report. The B&W pen & ink type illustrations are nice, but that's the only saving grace. Nearly a fifth of the book has notes, among them are lists of museums with Native American displays...now wait, these are all over the country...and not only that, not necessarily Woodland Indian displays...just Native American displays.

Then the author has a lot in his bibliography...just like a kid's book report...among his sources he lists Time Life Books and National Geographic. Nothing against those sources, they just aren't going to give you the details you are looking for if you are more than casually interested in the subject.

The book isn't worth it, especially for anyone who wants detailed descriptions of the Woodlands nations that distinguishes them from the others. I suggest you go for another book for this info. The nations are all very unique. If you are interested in one of the Woodland nations or all of them, I suggest you reach for books that are specific to that nation.

The Encyclopedia of Country Living, 40th Anniversary Edition: The Original Manual of Living Off the Land & Doing It Yourself
by Carla Emery
Price: $19.23
61 used & new from $14.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Been reading this book since the 70s, December 1, 2012
I had to buy another one because I wore the covers and several pages off the book I bought in the 70s. It was used for reference many many times.

I don't always agree with Carla Emery's advice. I think bathing more often is essential. I think I want to wear boots that match when I go out to eat. And I don't think a nice green lawn is a waste of yard space. BUT, I learned how to do some of the lesser known country arts. One of her by scratch root beer recipes was a family favorite and high in demand, and I had a sour dough starter that kept me in home made bread yeast for years. Raised livestock on her advice. Grew grand gardens. Raised healthy children.

For me, it was great to have a book on the shelf that has just about all the info you would ever need to deal with anything involving country living.

The book is my favorite. There is more in the book than you will likely ever try, but it is amusing and folksy and a great read even if you don't try everything.

The Basic Book of Twining
The Basic Book of Twining
by Esther Warner Dendel
16 used & new from $2.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that makes sense, December 1, 2012
Nice illustrations. I would have been lost without this book. I finally understood what Z-twist and S-twist was and how it worked. I had heard reference to the two, but could not figure out what it was. This book is very thorough. I've twined 3 bags so far, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Clothes Tumble Dryer Compact 2.5 Cu. Ft. FLOOR MODEL SPECIAL College Seniors RV
Clothes Tumble Dryer Compact 2.5 Cu. Ft. FLOOR MODEL SPECIAL College Seniors RV

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clothes dryer!!, December 1, 2012
This dryer is awesome. We have it in a small space along with the smaller companion washing machine made by the same folks. It runs on house current, so you can't expect it to dry quite as fast as a full sized 220 tumble dryer, but it is only a little longer that it has to run. The dryer is durable. I have had it for three years and I love it as much today as I did when I first got it.

Installation was easy. I am not a big woman, but I was able to install it up on my wall above the washing machine by myself. The lint catcher is easy to use. I've dried twin and full sized fluffy blankets and comforters in it (one per cycle). I think it uses way less electricity than the big full sized 220 volt dryers too. And it has all the settings that a full sized one would have too.

It is awesome not to have to lug my laundry out and can do it in a small space. You do have to vent it outside, but Home Depot set me up with what I needed to go through the wall and was able to cut it with my drill. It was EASY. The dryer did not come with the pipe that goes to the outside or the outdoor flap thingy, but Home Depot had that stuff and we were in business.

It is running right now. I love that dryer. It was well worth the cost. It surely has paid for itself in the savings in quarters.

Finger Weaving: Indian Braiding
Finger Weaving: Indian Braiding
by Alta Ravlin Turner
Price: $5.65
64 used & new from $2.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing!, March 1, 2011
I spent several days going over the book. I did one of the patterns and it looked awful. I tried to troubleshoot for the problems, no information. I wanted to work up to do the pattern on the book cover (when I was better at it) and come to find out, that pattern is NOT in the book! There is a single arrow, but this is a triple and it's not the single x 3, it's more complicated than that. I wasted a lot of time on this little book. I think there are better ones out there. So I'm going to order another title and see if I can't find better directions. If you are looking to do the pattern on the cover, it's not in the book. I really want to learn, and am willing to try easier projects to work my way up to a complicated one, but these directions are confusing to me.