Profile for Bryan Cass > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 274

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bryan Cass "Bee Ry Boogy" RSS Feed (Victor, NY USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
THINKWARE F550 Full HD Dashboard Camera with high-speed Cortex A8 Processor, GPS Tracker, & Dual Save Technology
Price: $329.99
2 used & new from $209.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'black box' for your car -- just in case., July 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first dash cam I have owned. I see videos on YouTube (mostly from Russia) of highway accidents, meteors, and other phenomena. I think these cameras should be installed by manufacturers as a standard item (and they probably will some day). It's like the 'black box' in airplanes; it's hidden and not really used unless there is a problem, and then it's invaluable.

This Thinkware cam installs with foam tape on a plastic mount. You can easily remove the cam from the mount and unplug the mini USB connector if you want to remove it from the car. The only place you can really install it is at the top-middle of the windshield, behind the rearview mirror. The camera lens will only adjust a total 30 degrees or so, which will match what most windshield angles are so that you can point the lens horizontally. Once it's installed and plugged into a 12V receptacle that shuts off when you shut off the car, it operates pretty much as a black box -- out of sight and (mostly) quietly. It does announce "Continuous recording is enabled" after it boots up, but there may be a way to turn the sounds off. The HD video is excellent and the wide-angle lens picks up almost the whole area of the front windshield. The included 16GB micro SD card must be removed from the camera and mounted in a memory card adapter or the provided USB adapter to view video on your PC. The video includes road speed, date/time, and GPS data of your route on a map (cool!).

A couple things I think could be improved: 1) The unit takes about a couple minutes to boot up and start recording once you start the car. By that time, I have already driven to the end of my street... so any accidents that happened in those first few hundred feet would not be recorded. 2) I wish it came with at least 2 plastic mounts. We have two cars, and it would be nice to be able to stick the mounts in both cars and then be able to switch the camera from one car to the other. 3) The camera records sound, but it seems very muted. It might be important to clearly hear what is happening inside the car before/during an accident. 4) It would be nice to be able to either plug a USB cord into the camera to view video, or have a screen on the camera itself.

2 x Power Tool Replacement Part Electric Planer Blade for Makita 1900B
2 x Power Tool Replacement Part Electric Planer Blade for Makita 1900B
Offered by uxcell
Price: $5.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for OEM blades, July 30, 2014
These blades fit my Makita planer just like the originals and work well.

GE H11-55NHX/BP2 Nighthawk Xenon Replacement Bulb, (Pack of 2)
GE H11-55NHX/BP2 Nighthawk Xenon Replacement Bulb, (Pack of 2)
Price: $49.17
2 used & new from $49.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Whiter and brighter than OEM, July 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I replaced the OEM bulbs in my 2007 Camry with these Nighthawks. We were having trouble seeing at night without the high-beams on. I found out that over time, halogen bulbs get dimmer. I replace just one of the bulbs and turned on the headlights to see the difference. The Nighthawk bulb was indeed brighter (because it's new), and the light was less yellow. Since these are still 55W like the old bulbs, I don't expect them to be much brighter, but I think the bluer color helps them appear brighter than stock halogen bulbs. And if your current bulbs are more than 3 years old, simply changing them will increase your ability to see at night. Try these Nighthawks and you will definitely notice a difference in the 'whiteness' and likely brightness as well.

Becoming an Architect (Guide to Careers in Design)
Becoming an Architect (Guide to Careers in Design)
by Lee W. Waldrep
Price: $31.63
39 used & new from $24.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for students and would-be architects, July 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book is aimed at the young person who is thinking of maybe pursuing architecture, or perhaps for the student who is completing liberal arts courses and is wondering about what it would take to major in architecture. This book will take you from the very basic questions, like "What does an architect do?" and "Is architecture for me?", to questions of different educational paths and classes that are part of an architecture education, to how to pursue licensing and a career in architecture. Peppered throughout the book are interview Q&As with architecture students and with licensed architects pertinent to each step of the process. I think these are very helpful, because you get a personal experience and opinion from someone who is going through the process now or has graduated and become successful in the field.

My son is interested in architecture and is currently attending community college for required courses. This book will help him determine the path he needs to take to complete his training, with advice and guidance from those who have already been there.

Brainwavz M1 In-Ear Headphones
Brainwavz M1 In-Ear Headphones
Price: $39.50
9 used & new from $36.52

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice upgrade from your 'free' earphones, July 21, 2014
I have evaluated several different Brainwavz earphone models. I was given the M1s in exchange for this review.

The first thing I always compare in earphones is how they sound. After all, that's what is most important. These earphones sound slightly better than the Brainwavz Delta IEM, and not as good as Brainwavz S1. They have a little more clarity in the vocals and midrange, but do not have the detail in sounds or 'openness' that the S1s have. I also compared with some Sennheiser CX300s that I have as well. I believe the Sennheisers did beat the M1s for clarity of sound and bass response, but the two were pretty close, and I like the M1 cord better.

What I do like about them is the cord. It's a harder plastic than the Delta rubberized cord, so tangles are almost non-existent. They are also smaller and seem to fit in the ear better because of that. There have been some complaints of them falling apart or other quality issues. I have not had that problem.

I think these earphones are a good upgrade from the $15-30 range earphones as the sound is better and they are light and have a nice cord. Still, if you are a critical listener, I would still spring for the S1s as the sound quality in them is much better than any other Brainwavz earphones I have tried.

Unves Good Use Julienne Peeler & Slicer - Stainless Steel Fruit Vegetable Peeler & Slicer - Public Loved Professional Peeler - Precision Kitchenware Vegetable Cutter Every Family Needs to Have One
Offered by Unves
Price: $25.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Julienne Peeler, July 18, 2014
I am seeing a pattern with some of the products that I am given to review. It appears that some company (probably Chinese) produces a lot of a simple product (a peeler, ice trays, popsicle makers, garlic press, etc) and then offers to print a company name/logo on it and then dumps a ton of them on the market. Then all of the small companies with their names on the product flood Amazon with it and have a price war. This Julienne Peeler can be found on Amazon under quite a few names:

Ultra Sharp Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler - Precision Kitchenware - Lifetime Guarantee
★ #1 Ultra Sharp Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler ★ Lifetime Guarantee | Chef-Inspired Premium Stainless Steel Shredder, Cutter, Slicer In One - Makes Zoodles/Zucchini Noodles & Peels, Shreds, and Cuts Potato, Carrot, Squash, and other V...
Julienne Peeler - Vegetable Peeler, Premium Zoodles Maker For Zucchini Noodles, Peel Vegetables with Ease - Best Ultra Sharp Professional Potato Peeler, Shredder, Cutter and Slicer in One, 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
80% OFF LAUNCH SALE! Ultra-Sharp Dual Blade Julienne Peeler 100% Stainless Steel - Vegetable Peeler with Built-in Potato Eyes Remover - Multi-Functional Peeler, Shredder, Cutter and Cheese Slicer All in One. Saves Your Food Prep Time By 60%. Start Your ...
Kitchen Basics® Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Amazing 2-in-1 Peeler - Julienne Peeler / Peel, Slice, Grate, Shave, Shred and Garnish Vegetables & Fruits with Speed and Ease / High Quality Stainless Steel, Ultra-Sharp Blades / Peel in Any Direction; Cut Pr...
Julienne Peeler/Vegetable Peeler-100% High Quality Stainless Steel-Super Sharp Blades Cut Preparation Time-Outstanding Food Presentation Tool-Awesome Carrot Peeler/Potato Peeler-Perfect for Professional Chefs as well as the Passionate Home Cook-Get Read...
Kitchen Concepts Zoodler Wide Blade Julienne Peeler--Stainless Steel
JULIENNE SLICER, by LifeWorks! - Professional Grade stainless steel multipurpose vegetable peeler, slicer and cutter tool for restaurants and home making healthy cooking easy- Satisfaction Guaranteed Extras Included

Back to the review -- it works fine. Sometimes, harder produce like carrots can get stuck in the julienne part. But for making 'matchstick' carrots or french fries, this works great and is quick and easy. One thing I would change would be to eliminate the serrated edge on the non-julienne side; I don't think it's necessary. Other than that, it's a handy and durable kitchen tool. Find one on Amazon at the best price or with the most giveaways with it.

Hoover Air Cordless Series 3.0 Bagless Upright Vacuum, BH50140
Hoover Air Cordless Series 3.0 Bagless Upright Vacuum, BH50140
Price: $254.96
13 used & new from $198.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, compact, easy to maneuver, July 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never used a cordless upright vacuum before. My current vacuum is a heavy but effective Kirby Generation 4.

This Hoover cordless is very easy to use - it's light in weight and the head pivots so you can turn it almost 90 degrees to the direction you are pushing, making going around corners and under things very easy. There is a hose that is permanently attached with a couple attachments for upholstery, stairs, autos, etc. It also comes with a second, softer brush roll for hard floors. It has two batteries and a separate charger for them.

I liked how light and easy it was to clean with it, with no cord to worry about. It picked up cat and human hair quickly, which you can see in the transparent canister. The canister empties with a door on the bottom of it that swings open, which makes it easy to hold it over the trash can and dump. The removable filter inside the canister is water-washable and they recommend washing it every 4 to 6 uses.

There are a couple things I think would improve this product. I think all the attachments should be stored on the unit itself to keep them from getting misplaced, and the batteries should be recharged while attached to the vacuum, although this would increase its weight and bulkiness. I also think that the suction it produces is adequate for light vacuuming, but to deep clean carpet or lift heavier soils like sand, I would still use my standard vacuum cleaner. The brush roller does stop spinning if it gets tangled or there is too much resistance. It would not spin on some throw rugs because the rug would wrinkle up and stop the roller. One last thing, it does not clean to the edges of the vacuum head.

With a few improvements and a stronger vacuum, this could eventually be a replacement for any corded vacuum cleaner!

Brainwavz Delta IEM Earphones
Brainwavz Delta IEM Earphones
Price: $19.50
3 used & new from $17.51

3.0 out of 5 stars OK earphones for the price, July 7, 2014
I was given these earphones in exchange for this review. I have burned them in for about 6 hours before comparing, and I compare earphones with a variety of classical, rock and jazz with no equalizer.

I have tried several different models of Brainwavz earphones, from their most expensive Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones to these Delta IEM. And I still keep coming back to my favorite, the Brainwavz S1 In Ear Headphones. When I do an A-B comparison between the S1 and Delta, the Delta sounds to me like you have cranked up the equalizer bands around 500-1000Hz; it just sounds 'hollow' and muddy to me. The S1 in comparison sound 'open' and clearer. Some may think the S1s lack in midrange and sound 'thin' or 'tinny', but I happen to like the sound. And of course you can always adjust to your liking with your graphic equalizer anyway.

The cord on the Delta is round and tends to hold the bends in it. Cord noise is higher than their flat cords. I do like the 45 degree angle plug though. It comes with 4 different sizes of tips.

One thing I can't understand about Brainwavz though, is that it is very difficult to tell the left from the right earphone. Each model has a very low-contrast or tiny letter on each side. Why not color them different, or put a big R and L on them?

I know music is personal and each person hears in a different way - because you 'hear' with your brain rather than your ears. You may find the Delta, for the money, to be superior to other equally-priced headphones. If you are a more critical listener, you listen in a wide variety of music or sounds, you tend to listen when it's quiet around you, then I would pay the extra money for the S1s.

iSport Strive in-ear headphones black
iSport Strive in-ear headphones black
Price: $49.95
7 used & new from $34.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design, speakers could use some treble help, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The design of these earphones is unique - they fit in the shape of your ear and hold the speakers at the opening of your ear canal. This is in contrast to in-ear earphones that are pushed up into the ear canal. So you can still hear outside noises a little more than in-ear phones, providing they are not turned up too loud. What I liked most about them was how secure they feel on your ear. I could jog or otherwise move around and they did not feel like they could fall off. The flat "Y" cord is flexible and did not get in the way. With the earphones outside your ear canal, there is very little cord noise at all.

The sound quality is just OK, with a heavy lower midrange and bass. What I didn't like about them was that I could not get them to sit consistently on my ears so that they sounded the same when putting them on several times. They fit sort of loosely over the opening of your ear, and how close or far they are from your ear opening determines both how loud they are and how much bass and midrange you hear. If I pressed them in to cover the ear opening completely, it was very muddy and bassy sounding. Left loose on the ears, you get some variation in sound quality depending on if you are moving around or sitting still.

So I would say that if you are very active and need earphones that are secure, and you are not a critical music listener, then these earphones will work great for you. The sound is decent and they feel comfortable and secure. If you don't use earphones while active or are a critical music listener, then I would still recommend my favorite, the Brainwavz S1 In Ear Headphones, albeit for a higher cost.

[AYL® Best Garlic Press Stainless Steel] ★ SALE! BUY 1 Garlic Press AND GET 1 Black Cleaning Brush FOR FREE! ★ Make Your Own Freshly Crushed and Minced Garlic and Ginger from Unpeeled Cloves and Ginger ★ Enjoy the Amazing Health Benefits of Garlic - Great for Garlic-Mixed Cooking Spices, Herb & Garlic Marinade Recipes - Now You Can Easily Add it to Every Dish of Food! ★
Offered by Accessorise Your Life
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and easy to clean, June 21, 2014
I was given this garlic press in exchange for this review.

The press is polished 18/10 stainless steel and seems sturdy and easy to use. I like the flip-out sieve part of the press, which makes it easier to clean. I think this press is better than that aluminum Pampered Chef one we have, with a sturdier hinge and a larger compartment.

There are several iterations of this same press on Amazon at the moment. I assume the manufacturer had a surplus and offered to engrave the company logo on the handle. Currently, this AYL one is the cheapest out of all the 4 that I found, so I would buy from AYL (or whoever is the cheapest at the time).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20