Profile for Bryan Cass > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 350

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bryan Cass "Bee Ry Boogy" RSS Feed (Victor, NY USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nationite BQ2 Portable Bluetooth Boombox Speaker With Sound Performance Tuned W/ Built In Microphone - Works With iPhone iPad iPod, MP3 player,Tablet,Laptop, Computers And Any Bluetooth Enabled Device, Supports 3.5mm Audio Cable Input & USB Connection + MicroSD (Black)
Price: $24.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice stereo sound, April 16, 2015
I received this item to test and review. This is my opinion.

This BQ2 model is a step up from Nationite's other bluetooth model Nationite BQ1. The BQ2 is a stereo speaker with the same functionality as the BQ1 - speaker with mic, bluetooth and wired connection, FM receiver, slot for memory card. The BQ2 is heavier and larger and has better bass range (down to 28Hz, although realistically don't expect booming bass notes from 45mm speakers). S/N ratio is good at >95dB with <0.5% distortion.

A few minor issues I have with it are the function of the buttons (press for one function, hold for another), although the buttons are labeled much better than the BQ1. The voice that says "Enter to Bluetooth" is badly transliterated from Chinese to Engrish. I still don't understand what it says when switching to FM mode. Oddly, the base of this unit is rounded, so it doesn't sit solid on a flat surface... it rocks on the rounded bottom. I don't get it. The only instructions are printed on the back of the box, so don't throw that out. One last thing -- and this was the same on the BQ1 - this has an FM radio tuner, but there is no way to tell which station you are tuning to nor any way to store stations in memory. It's functional, but not very practical.

Otherwise, the sound is crisp and clear and the Bluetooth functions fine.

Nationite Recharge A1 2600mAh Compact External Battery Charger & Power Bank for iPhone, iPad, Samsung and More (Black)
Price: $12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, light and useful, April 16, 2015
I was given this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

This is a small, light backup battery for your portable USB-powered devices. There's a switch that toggles ON, OFF/CHARGE and LIGHT. You can turn the light on at the same time it's charging as well. 2600mAh should give you enough energy for an emergency charge when you're away from a power source.

What I like about this it easily fits into a pocket or purse and the 1-LED flashlight is on the end of it like a normal flashlight. I would probably use it most while camping/hiking as a mini flashlight with the benefit of charging a portable if needed. Nice!

FERTMAX Booster Fertilizer, 1-Gallon
FERTMAX Booster Fertilizer, 1-Gallon
Price: $44.95
2 used & new from $44.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for hydroponics enthusiasts, April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do not do hydroponics. I grow vegetables and flowers outdoors in soil that I amend. While this product does say that it can be used in 'soil' systems, it really is designed for use with a hydroponics system only. This booster product is 0-4-4, which is a low concentration of phosphorus and potassium. These nutrients help your plants flower and produce fruit, and well as stimulate root growth. It will not significantly make the vegetative part of the plants grow faster, larger or turn greener. You need a fertilizer with nitrogen in it for that.

If you are experimenting with hydroponics, I recommend the complete system: CleanGrow Pro Pack

Otherwise, this 1 gal size booster is an economical way to replace the FertMax booster you ran out of. If you are looking for bloom or fruiting fertilizers for outdoor use, I would look at other products for that, like Miracle-Gro 100885 Shake 'n Feed Continuous Release Bloom Booster or Scotts Super Bloom

Mengo S-Power Shockproof/Water-Resistant 5300Mah Solar Assist Back-up Battery Featuring Dual USB Port Smart Charge Technology (For iPhone, iPod, iPad, Samsung, LG, HTC) (Onyx)
Offered by Mengo Products
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and rugged, portable power, April 10, 2015
I received this item for test and review. This is my opinion:

Solar chargers of this size really are not much more than a novelty. The trickle charge of 200mAh that the battery gets while in the sun will only charge about 1/8 capacity for a one full day. If you are truly going to use this for emergencies only, then I would charge it via the USB cord provided and then you can keep it in a bright location to keep the battery topped off.

Otherwise, it's a handy and rugged spare charger for your smaller 5v USB devices - phone, GPS, camera, etc. although it will also charge larger devices as well with its 2.1A output. The 5300mAh capacity LiPo battery should be able to charge your device enough to use until you can properly charge it with its A/C or USB charging cable. The rubberized case and covered ports will protect from spills and dirt and shock. The case measures about 5 1/2" x 3". The included clip makes it easy to attach to your bag or backpack and not worry about the weather ruining it. This should be real handy on our camping and hiking trips!

Fenix Water-Resistant Dustproof and Shockproof Black and Neon Green Triangle Shaped Portable Rugged Wireless Bluetooth 2.0 Speaker with Built-in Mic for iPhone, iPad, iPod, MP3, Samsung Galaxy/Galaxy Tab, LG, HTC, Xperia, Kindle, and Many More
Offered by Fenix Select - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth that's water and shock resistant, yes!, April 10, 2015
I received this item in to test and review. This is my opinion:

This is a compact and very clear sounding stereo Bluetooth speaker. I think what differentiates this one from many other Bluetooth speakers is that it's water and shock resistant. The rugged rubber ends and covered buttons and switches means you can take this outdoors without worrying about dirt or rain getting into it. I would not dip it directly in water, and I would dry it off as soon as possible though.

The sound is clear and seems to be louder at the same phone volume level than other Bluetooth speakers I have. The 1.5" speakers are not going to produce any thumping bass (the frequency range says 80Hz-20kHz but I would put the low end closer to 150Hz or so), but the highs and mids are clean and clear. S/N ratio says 60dB, which really is not very good, but I didn't not notice a lot of noise while playing music. The 1500mAh LiPo battery charges via micro USB in about 2 hours and plays for 12+ hours depending on volume level.

I think I will take this speaker with me on my motorcycle, where earbuds are a pain to keep in (and in some cases illegal). And I think the first time I ride with it I'll play the Music From The Soundtrack: Easy Rider. :-)

Black & Decker HF100WD Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer, Black/White
Black & Decker HF100WD Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer, Black/White
Price: $124.99
10 used & new from $99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be useful in limited applications, April 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This 'air fryer' is basically an electric, counter-top convection oven. There is a heating element that looks like the old coil burners from an electric stove. This is placed above the basket that you slide into the unit. There is a fan that circulates the air inside the unit while the heater is on. The basket and the bowl it sits in are coated with a non-stick coating and so cleanup is easy. The temperature and timer/power knobs are simple and easy to operate - you can reduce or cancel the timer by turning it counter-clockwise. It functions like our toaster oven - you set the temperature and then turn the timer past 20 and then to whatever time you want it to stay on (up to 60 mins). The temperature knob goes up to 400F.

I made some french fries with fresh potatoes with it, following the instructions that came with it. You cut up the potato into even stick, coat with 1/2 T. oil, add a pinch of salt and put them in the basket. Note that the recipe calls for no more than 8 oz. of fries at a time, which is about 1 russet potato at a time. After 10 mins at 400F, you pull the basket out and mix the fries by shaking, then put it back in for another 10 mins. The fries came out actually quite crispy on the edges and cooked throughout. For 4 of us, I cooked fries from 3 potatoes, which took about 1 hr. and 15 mins total.

We commented on it afterward - how useful an appliance it is and whether it's something that should remain on the counter and be used often. The answer was no for a few reasons: 1) For a family of four, the basket size is too small to make enough for everyone in one or two batches. 2) We have a deep fryer, and the difference in the amount of oil in/on the food is negligible. 3) Our oven can accommodate the full size of what we need to cook and does just as good a job. One advantage of this appliance over a deep fryer however is the food is coated in clean oil and then baked, whereas deep fryer oil gets smelly and loaded with bits of coating after a few uses and needs to be changed.

What I think this appliance might be best for is heating up small batches of pre-cooked foods like fish sticks, tater tots, frozen french fries, frozen onion rings, and making them crispy. A toaster oven could do the same thing, although perhaps not as quickly. For the amount of space this takes up and the cost to operate, if you already have a toaster oven or a full size oven or a deep fryer, I would pass on this.

(By the way -- the photoshopped ad photo of this appliance with a basket loaded to the top with french fries is incorrect. Loaded like this they would never cook through. The recommended batch size is 8 oz, which barely covers the bottom of the basket.)

Honeywell 70-Pint Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier, DH70W
Honeywell 70-Pint Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier, DH70W
Price: $299.99
10 used & new from $299.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than my older GE dehumidifier, March 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I always run dehumidifiers in my basement in the summer to keep black mold from forming. I like the humidity to be between 40-50%, so the dehumidifier runs from about May to October. In the winter with the furnace running, the air is drier and I unplug the dehumidifier.

I have had a GE dehumidifier for about 5 years and it seems to work OK, but GE got into an arrangement with a flaky Chinese company named Cree who let a lot of their dehumidifiers go to market with problems. There is even a recall on some of them and if you have certain GE models made from 2008-2012, you should look it up and see if yours is included and get a refund.

This Honeywell dehumidifier runs quietly and is working great so far. The hose connection that I use to run a hose to my sump seems more sturdy than the GE one. Also, the filter on this one is easier to get out to clean than the GE. The only negative compared to my GE is if you use the water tank, the GE model has a red floating ball to show the water level and the Honeywell just has the plain window to see the water. But that's a minor issue and irrelevant in my case.

I look forward to many dry years to come! :-)

Brainwavz ProAlpha In-Ear Headphones
Brainwavz ProAlpha In-Ear Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound is good, but they tend to fall out, March 30, 2015
I was given this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

I have several pairs of Brainwavz earphones and headphones. I will compare this ProAlpha pair to another Brainwavz pair that is almost identical in price, specs and features, the Brainwavz M1 In-Ear Headphones. I listened to some Eagles music and some classical 1812 Overture, so I could hear any differences in bass response and in clarity of the highs. The only major difference I could pick out was that the ProAlphas were louder than the M1s at the same volume setting, and this is likely due to the difference in impedence - the ProAlphas are 20 ohms and the M1s are 32 ohms. Other than that though, the differences were very minor -- the ProAlphas seem to have a slight edge in 500Hz to 1500Hz range, boosting this range just slightly over the M1. The spectrum balance is what I like to listen to -- it's got a flat to slightly de-emphasized range from around 700-1200Hz, which you can boost with your equalizer if you like. I prefer this "dry" sound though.

Regarding accessories, they both come with the Comply foam tips, which are the most comfortable and best sealing tips around. Both come with the same hard case and have the same no-tangle and somewhat stiffer cord, which has no cord noise. The one thing I disliked about both models is that the earbuds tend to not stay in as well as some other models (like my favorite S1). The earbud is small and light, and the stiffer cord tends to pull on them as you move a little more than more flexible cords.

But in this price range, the Brainwaves earphones give good value for your money, and I would not hesitate to choose either of them for great, balanced sound.

Brainwavz Peridot Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Brainwavz Peridot Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Price: $29.50
8 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, classy place for your 'cans', March 28, 2015
I was given this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

The quality of the material for this "omega style" headphone stand is top-notch -- there are no pits or bubbles, and just a couple small waves in it. The stand is sturdy and will not tip over easily. The material is 1/4" thick, 13" tall and highly polished. It holds my largest set of headphones (Brainwavz HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones) nicely without compressing the pads. This stand seems to hold my larger headphones more securely than my Brainwavz Quartz Headphone Stand For All Headphone Sizes. You could even fit two sets of smaller headphones on this stand.

The only improvement I could see might be some kind of rubberized feet or pad on the bottom to keep it from sliding or getting scratched.

Recommended!

Hill's Ideal Balance Crafted Grain Free Herbed Chicken and Chickpeas Recipe Dry Cat Food Bag, 2-Pound
Price: $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats love this, March 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My two cats love this food! They think it's a treat and come begging for it. So no problems with getting them to eat it. I like that the first ingredient on the package is "Chicken". There are no grain fillers, which I don't think is actually good for your cat in the long run, although they can live on it. The dry kibbles seem to have some kind of oily coating - maybe from chicken fat? It has a 'meaty' smell to it that the cats seem to be attracted to.

So if you want your cat to thrive instead of survive, and you prefer feeding them a dry food, then I think this cat food would be excellent for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20