Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Bryan Cass > Reviews

Browse

Bryan Cass' Profile

Customer Reviews: 398

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bryan Cass "Bee Ry Boogy" RSS Feed (Victor, NY USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Petcube - Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera
Petcube - Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera
Price: $199.00
32 used & new from $128.36

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun toy to watch, play and share live video of your pets or whatever, August 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This item is basically a P2P video cam that has an added laser pointer that you can control remotely. I had no trouble installing the PetCube app on Android 5.0, connecting the PetCube to my network via WiFi and connecting to the PetCube from the phone. I am able to hear and speak through the cube and also control the pointer. There is some delay in moving the pointer from when you swipe the screen to when the laser moves, but that's just normal network lag.

I contacted PetCube about having streaming video running all the time even when you are not connected to the camera with their app and even if you don't share the video. They assured me that the video is encrypted, and that they own the servers where the video is hosted. I was just concerned about security and who can see the video, and especially if it can be hacked. I would still just turn it off when not in use.

You can of course use any remote video camera to watch your pets while away, but I think this one is the only one with a laser pointer on it. The PetCube app allows you to "Explore" other live video that people have chosen to share. It was fun to connect to a couple cat shelters and move the laser around the room -- too bad the cats are pretty bored with it. I'm sure they get more laser play opportunities than they want. :-) All of the remote cameras had disabled sound, so you can't speak to or hear them, which is understandable considering what some people might say.

There is also a still photo sharing page in the app, which it appears is not only for PetCube photos, as I saw many photos of pets outside, at the park, at the beach, etc. But you can 'Like' and share others photos, as well as post and share your own. I wonder if anyone is monitoring the photo sharing just to keep it on topic. It's a fun idea and one that was funded by Kickstarter, so more power to the inventors and investors! :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2015 1:20 AM PDT

Elivebuy® Solar Powered 10 LED Motion Sensor Security Light (200 Lumens,900 mAh Battery, 10 ft Detection Range, 12 hr Runtime) for Patio, Deck, Yard, Garden, Driveway, Outside Wall - IP65 Splashproof
Offered by Elive Limited
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Purple night light, August 31, 2015
I received this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

First, the light color on this is very blue/purple. It does not look "white" to me, even when compared with other LED lights. We took it on a camping trip with us to see if it might come in handy for the camp site. There is one mounting hole at the top, so I nailed it to a tree about 3 feet up from the ground. There is a tiny hole and they provide a pin to push into the hole and turn it on. Once on, it will only light up at night and when something triggers it. Then it shuts off in about 30 seconds.

It was somewhat useful while camping, to provide light if walking to the bathrooms or whatever. The next day we camped it was cloudy and we were under some trees, so it didn't get a full charge and only worked for about 1/2 hour the next night. It really needs to be in full sunlight to recharge fully. Other than the awful color though, it worked well and I think will be useful in the future.

iHomeSet Ultra Bright Waterproof Motion Sensor Solar Powered LED Lights / Security Night Light -For Outdoor/ Barn/ Backyard/ Fence/ Garden/ Garage/ Deck/ Posts/ Trees/ Steps
Offered by EM Store
Price: $21.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright light, but needs care when mounted, August 31, 2015
I received this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

This solar LED light worked OK for me. I took it camping with us, thinking it might be a nice night-light for the camp site. The battery was charged when I received it, and it worked the first night for about 6 hours. The next day was cloudy and we were under some trees, so it did not charge fully and only worked about a half hour after dark.

There is an on/off switch that you have to use a pin or small wire to poke through a hole. I would just leave it on so it just goes on at dark and off at dawn. The mount for this is pretty flimsy though. It's two aluminum rods that thread together and then thread into a small bracket that you can screw into a wall or post with the screws provided. But if you grab or happen to hit the light somehow, I am sure the aluminum would bend or the plastic light housing would break off. It really must be mounted in a place that is out of the way and unlikely to be handled or hit. And of course it must be mounted somewhere that the sun can hit it for most of the day to charge the battery. So I think its uses are limited mostly because of the mount. You could figure out your own way to mount it, of course.

Dbpower H.264 1280x720p Pan/tilt Wireless Ip Camera Night Vision Surveillance Network Ip Camera with Two Way Audio, Support up to 128g Tf Card, Motion Detection, Mobile Remote Viewing Function
Offered by Nova Tech US

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun camera, but limited software choices, and beware streaming video, August 31, 2015
I received this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

First, the images from this camera are good and sharp. The pan/tilt works well with just a little delay as the commands are sent over the internet. It will also do night-vision as well and is handy as a remote viewing device if you want to watch, say, your pets while away from home. You can move the camera to see around the room if the animals are not in view. The camera uses a 5v USB power cord with a DC cylindrical connector. It comes with a USB AC plug for power, or you can connect it to a laptop or other 5V USB device.

When power is connected, the camera is 'on', there is no power switch. The instructions say it can be connected via wireless, and I was able to connect it using a Q code on my phone. I also tested a connection it to my router with an ethernet cable and the network delay was just slightly less. Using the free 2CU app recommended, I was able to then connect to the camera and use its features. You can pan/tilt the camera by swiping the screen. The camera has a limited viewing angle and there is no zoom. You can also use a desktop application (from a cotapp web site) to access the camera, although you cannot pan/tilt the camera with it.

I have some hesitation just leaving the camera 'on' all the time. The reason is that it is constantly streaming video to a third party on the internet (presumably to the 2CU site) even when the app is not connected. That opens up the possibility that your video stream could be hacked, although I am told by the manufacturer that this one is encrypted. I would use this camera sparingly when needed and don't just leave it plugged in all the time unless you don't mind the possibility of the video stream becoming accidentally public.

Dechunxian®Selected Premium Dried Chrysanthemum Flower Tea ,Health Herbal Teas ,100% Natural
Offered by WeiHeng
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and floral - a nice tea with many uses, August 31, 2015
I was given this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

We are tea drinkers, with both of my sons having worked at Teavana. I have to admit I have never tried Chrysanthemum tea before though. The tea arrives in a vacuum pack, and is whole dried flowers as the picture shows. The flowers are have a light scent when the pack is opened and appear to be is good condition. We brewed 8 flowers in 1 cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes and some honey was added for sweetness. The tea has a very light, floral aroma and taste. It was not bitter or sour at all -- very nice.

Chrysanthemum tea has been used in Asia for over 2000 years and has several claimed medicinal properties. Most of the properties focus around helping the eyes, cardiovascular system and liver. It also is often used as a 'coolant' for when you have a fever, as it can reduce body temperature. Japanese also use this tea as an 'alertness' aid, although it contains no caffeine.

Wellness Divine Duos Natural Grain Free Wet Cat Food, Seafood Savories Variety Pack, 2.8-Ounce (Value Pack of 24)
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Use as a treat, and find it on sale, August 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave this 5 stars mostly because our cat gobbled it up with no hesitation. He liked it even more than another brand we tried, The Nutro Company Adult Cat Chunky Loaf Chicken Dinner for Adult Cats, 3-Ounce. It does have real chicken and fish in it, although the ingredient list (compared with the Nutro) seems to have extra 'fillers' as well: Potato Starch, Carrots, Broccoli. It also includes vitamins and minerals, which is good.

The nutritional profile is: Protein 5.5%, Fat 5%, Fiber 0.5%, Moisture 85%, Ash 2.5%. If your cat has hairballs or loose stool, you will certainly need to supplement with a higher fiber food. The recommended amount for a typical 8 lb. cat is 3 containers, about 8.5 oz. This works out to about $18 per day. I would say that's a little pricey. Use sparingly as a treat.

The Nutro Company Adult Cat Chunky Loaf Chicken Dinner for Adult Cats, 3-Ounce, Pack of 24
Price: $25.50
3 used & new from $25.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost all meat, with added vitamins and minerals, August 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have reviewed another Nutro product for cats, The Nutro Company High Protein Adult Food with Chicken and Whole Brown Rice Recipe for Finicky Felines, 3-Pound, and the cats like pretty well. They like this Nutro wet cat food just as well -- even more so probably because it's a wet cat food and there are no fillers like grains, vegetables or potato starch.

The ingredient list on this can is pretty simple: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Pork Broth and then some chemicals and vitamins. I like that, and the cat likes that. The nutritional content is Protein12%, Fat 6%, Fiber 1%, Moisture 78%, Ash 3.5%. So if you cat has hairballs or loose stools, then they will need some dry or other food that's higher in fiber as a supplement.

The recommended amount for an average 8-10 lb. cat is 2 cans (6 oz.) per day, at a cost then of a little over $1 per day.

Cat's Pride C47712 Fresh and Light Ultimate Care Premium Unscented Hypoallergenic Multi-Cat Scoop Litter, 12-Pound
Price: $13.99
5 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best littler out there, August 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is how cat litter should be. It's lighter for the same volume than regular clay litter. It has no smell and no dust. After several days of use by our cats, I can smell no ammonia or other smells from the litter box. The urine clumps nicely, unlike some other clumping litters that seem to still stick to the bottom of the litter box. Perfect!

Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire - 215/60R16  94T
Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire - 215/60R16 94T
Price: $100.03
8 used & new from $86.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-weather tires, August 14, 2015
The Optimo H727 tire was given a high rating by Consumer Reports, which is why I bought it to replace a set of H727s that have worn out. I got about 55,000 miles from the set I replaced. I could have probably got another 4-5000 out of them if I had rotated them properly. Otherwise, they are a good all-weather tire and they do OK in the snow. Amazon was the best deal to buy and ship, and then I had a local shop mount and balance them for me.

KDL Car Lights Bulb T10 42 SMD 12V White 3528 LED 194 168- (pack of 2)
KDL Car Lights Bulb T10 42 SMD 12V White 3528 LED 194 168- (pack of 2)
Offered by U-Joyen
Price: $4.59
2 used & new from $4.59

4.0 out of 5 stars A bluer LED replacement for a 921 bulb, August 14, 2015
I received this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

This is an LED replacement for the standard 921 bulb with a T5 base. It is approximately the same size and should fit in any fixture that takes a 12v 921 bulb. The only place on my car where this bulb could be used is in the backup lights. I have added a picture with the LED bulb on the left and a standard 921 incandescent bulb on the right. You can see that the LED bulb is much more blue than the incandescent one. If you don't mind the color difference, then this bulb should work fine in any application where a 921 bulb is used, and it should use less power and be cooler as well.
Comment Comment | Permalink