Profile for Bryan Cass > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2068

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bryan Cass "Bee Ry Boogy" RSS Feed (Victor, NY USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Red, White & Brass - Canadian Brass
Red, White & Brass - Canadian Brass
Offered by CMG Online
Price: $8.97
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fourth of July Music, February 25, 2015
I play this CD every year around the 4th of July. It's tradition! :-)

Jolly Christmas
Jolly Christmas
Offered by MediaWarehouseUSA
Price: $15.10
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring back the Christmas memories, February 25, 2015
This review is from: Jolly Christmas (Audio CD)
This CD reminds me of when I was a kid in the 60s-70s and my parents had this LP. We played it every Christmas, and hearing it again brings back those memories.

TurboTax Deluxe 2014 Fed + State + Fed Efile Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer - Win
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I chose TT over H&R, February 25, 2015
Turbo Tax worked fine for me this year. I only have a home deductions and charitable contributions, so my situation is pretty simple. It's worth the $49 to have my taxes done and filed in two hours from beginning to end. The upgrade I needed to Premier for a Sched C carryover was free. I don't think it will be next year. But after reading some reviews of H&R Block software, saying it wasn't as stellar as some people made it out to be, I stuck with what has worked for me for almost 20 years now. I may go back to doing my taxes manually on paper if the price goes much higher though.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2015 8:20 PM PST

OXA M8S Smart Android TV Box Android 4.4 XBMC Box with RK3188 CPU Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 Professor 2G+16G Memory Support Bluetooth MIC XBMC 1.4Ghz (Black, M8S)

3.0 out of 5 stars Does mostly what it's supposed to, needs some QA, February 22, 2015
I received this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

There are several companies selling this same M8S box under different brand names, but it's the same box. The v4.4 Android is sufficient and works like any other Android device -- you can sign into your Google account and have access to all your account's features. Memory is good and there is a "TF" card slot (not SD), which I don't know what type of card that is. XMBC is pre-installed and works well as a media player. Network connection was simple and easy, and connected to my 5G wireless without a problem. The included HDMI cable is very good. Digital audio out works well for output to your sound system. Bluetooth makes it easier to connect

Unfortunately, the XBMC seems to have some trouble with 1080p video -- skips and drops happen. I don't have any 4K video or devices, but I would be wary of that mode not being smooth as well. Perhaps future updates will fix this. The integrated video camera seems to be defective, as the video is all red and slightly tilted. I was going to use it for Skype, but the video quality is not good. I assume this is a defective camera and would be covered under warranty.

The remote is usable but I would highly recommend a wireless mouse and keyboard if you really want to be able to navigate, since many Android apps assume a touch-screen and not a handheld remote control. The manual lettering is tiny and has some translation issues, so you should have some knowledge of Android OS if you buy this box. Other than the quality control issue, I think this box will work well for streaming video (720p, at least) and handling Android apps on your TV.

Brainwavz Quartz Headphone Stand For All Headphone Sizes
Brainwavz Quartz Headphone Stand For All Headphone Sizes
Offered by MP4NATION
Price: $22.50
2 used & new from $20.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy and functional, February 21, 2015
I was given this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

Up until now, I have basically just thrown my headphones in a drawer, or kept them on the desk or electric piano where I use them. Now I can hang them on a nice display stand. My Brainwavz HM9 headphones fit nicely on the stand and look good hanging there. The stand is plastic and of course will show fingerprints and will scratch, so I would not be too rough with it.

Just one concern is that there is no 'lip' or anything on the top where the headband sits, so you have to be deliberate on putting the headphones onto the top of the stand, otherwise they can drop off the back or front. So I would use this stand mostly as a display stand, and lean toward the Brainwavz Zirconia Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes as a 'working' stand that has a better notch at the top to hold the headphones firmly in the center.

Brainwavz M5 In Ear Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Brainwavz M5 In Ear Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Offered by MP4NATION
Price: $39.50
5 used & new from $31.41

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice, balanced sound, February 21, 2015
I received this item for testing and review. This is my opinion:

If you are looking at the Brainwavz M5, you are probably looking for earphones in the $40-$70 range. I compared the M5 earphones to several other Brainwavz models and here is what I found.

The M5s come with Brainwavz' standard, nice hard case that holds the included sets of silicone tips (will double-flange ones included), Comply soft tips, and shirt clip. You should have no trouble finding a set of tips that fit snugly in you ear canal. There is no 1/4" adapter supplied. The cord is a standard, round rubberized cord that is somewhat stiff and does not seem to tangle easily. There is little to no cord noise in the earphones. The housing is a compact, 'bullet' shape that fits nicely in your ear and in unobtrusive. They fit with the cord facing down. The "L" and "R" is clearly marked in white on the metal housing, unlike some other models that are very difficult to see.

Now, the sound: In comparing with the M1, M3, R1, S0, S1 and HM9 models, I found the M5 sound clear, balanced and with a decent soundstage. The way I tend to like my EQ is with a dip around the 800-1200Hz range, and a boost in the bass and upper treble. These earbuds sound pretty close to that with a flat EQ setting, so that's good. The M1 and M3 had a little too much boost in the vocal range for my taste, which makes a singer sound a bit hollow -- the M5s did not. Actually, the M5 compared pretty closely with the R1's sound, although the R1 with its dual drivers had a little better separation and clarity. The M5 also sounds a little brighter with better vocal clarity than the over-the-ear HM9.

Then I came back to my trusty S1, which I still find is the best bang for the buck in the Brainwavz lineup. The M5 just does not have the clarity in the 1000-2000Hz range that I listen for, which the S1 has. So I am sticking with my S1 as my go-to earphones for music, but you will notice the M5 is quite a bit cheaper. So if you are looking in the $50 range, the M5 is a great set of earphones, beating the M1, M3 and R1 with a flatter and more balanced sound spectrum.

12mp 1080p 1.5 Inch LCD Display 170°a+ Hd Wide-angle 4x Zoom Mini Size Portable Micro USB 2.0/hdmi Support 32g Tf Card with 900mah Rechargeable Battery Underwater 30m Include Various Accessories Full Hd Head Sports Outdoor Car Recorder Car Recorder DVR Cam Action Camera Sports Camera Helmet Cam Various Color
Offered by OXA USA COM
Price: $125.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny video cam for sports and outdoors, February 19, 2015
I received this item for testing and review. This is my opinion:

If you are looking at this camera, then you probably already know about the GoPro Hero line of cameras. And you probably have already seen that there are many different off-brand versions (besides this one) of the GoPro as well. This DBPower camera competes with the other off-brand cameras and with the GoPro HERO. So I will compare features between this one and the GoPro.

1) DBPower camera is less expensive.
2) DBPower is smaller and lighter (64g vs. 110g - although the GoPro weight includes the non-removable waterproof case)
3) DBPower waterproof case is removable.
4) DBPower battery is removable/replaceable.
5) DBPower has an LCD screen on the camera.
6) DBPower has HDMI output.
7) Both cameras provide about 1.5 hours between charges, and charge takes about 3 hours.
8) Both have approximately the same accessories, features, video resolution, photo resolution.
9) GoPro includes GoPro Studio software.
10) GoPro powers up a bit faster and is ready for use faster.
11) GoPro can film in lower light conditions.
12) Neither camera can do BlueTooth or Wi-Fi
13) Neither camera has image stabilization.

There you go. Personally, if you simply want a fun camera to play with and you are not too worried about high-end, professional video production, I would go with the cheaper choice. If you are a professional and want high-end features, larger battery capacity, more mounting options - you will probably want to look at the high end GoPro line that runs upwards of $300+.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 6:55 PM PST

DBPOWER Safety Cut Proof Stab Resistant Stainless Steel Metal Mesh Butcher Glove (One pair)
Offered by OXA USA COM
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Protection from slices, February 13, 2015
I was given this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

First, these gloves are a tightly-woven polyester material -- they are NOT steel mesh. Looking at them closely with a magnifying glass, I don't think there is any steel in them at all. That said, they do resist cutting.

The fit is snug on my large-size hands, but comfortable. I tried cutting into them with a sharp knife and it did not cut any of the threads, nor did it cut through the material, obviously. The puncture test didn't not go as well though... the tip of the knife does go through the material and into my hand. But I think if you are being careful anyway, these gloves should protect you from slicing yourself. They are NOT heat-resistant, by the way; don't ask how I know that. ;-)

The gloves have a good grip on slippery foods and are washable. I think they will come in handy when using my meat slicer, mandolin, cleaning fish, or butchering deer.

LED Solar Powered Motion Sensor Super Wall Mount- Light for Garden, Pathway, Yard, Fence, Deck-Stainless Steel
Offered by DEALS AND MORE
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and beautiful fixture!, February 9, 2015
I was given this item to test and review. This is my opinion:

I really like this solar fixture. It is perfect for a stairway or deck post. There is a somewhat dim marker light in the middle that stays on at night. Then, a motion sensor will turn on a brighter light on the bottom that shines down and outward. The fixture is a shiny steel and the shape is great for mounting on a 4x4 post or on a stair riser. I think this would look really nice on your deck, mounted on each post. The AA NiMh battery provided should last many years before wearing out, and charges daily in full sun. The light color is somewhat bluish, maybe around 6000K. I would prefer a more yellowish light, but that's a matter of taste.

3 LED Solar Powered Outdoor Light Fence Lamp/LED Step Light (Set of 2)
3 LED Solar Powered Outdoor Light Fence Lamp/LED Step Light (Set of 2)
Offered by DEALS AND MORE
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for gardens, walkways, paths, February 9, 2015
I received this item in exchange for testing and review. This is my opinion:

The fixture is plastic with a metal mounting bracket. The bracket seems like it's meant for a rain gutter mount, as there's a thumbscrew that threads through it and clamps. The opening is about 3/4", so it would mount on anything that is that thickness or less. You can also screw it into wood as well. The light is produced by 3 LEDs, and the light color is very bluish, probably around 6500K. There is a switch to turn it off or turn it to Auto -- which will come on at night and go off in the day. I am happy with the light as a supplemental solar light or marker light for the garden. I will mount it where I tend to walk in the back yard at night and it will come in handy for light without needing an electrical plug.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20