Profile for BBaker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BBaker RSS Feed (Bay Area, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
200pcs Nail Art Soak Off Nail Polish UV Gel Foil Remover Wraps Remover Pads Remover Wipes--Remove in 1-3 Minutes (Blue)
Offered by Seven & Nine Service
Price: $14.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Problematic, December 7, 2014
I ordered these based on the good reviews here. I liked the idea of an all-in-one with the pre-soaked squares, and how you just fold the whole packet around your finger. Seemed like a genius idea. Boy was I disappointed. The main problem is that's impossible to fold, squeeze or pinch them to maintain a good grip against your nail surface. The foil-lined packet is just too thick and not conducive to molding around your finger tip. No matter how tight you fold them they still fall off. I ended up awkwardly wrapping them in tape to maintain contact against the nail. Also the advertised 1-3 minute removal time is a complete lie. I went past the 'normal' time of 20 minutes to a full 30 minutes and the and the gel still didn't budge! Whatever acetone solution they use in these packets is super weak. I ended up ditching them and soaking in my own 100% acetone.

I'm going back to the OPI Expert Touch Removal Wraps. They make much better contact with the nail surface and stay put.

Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco
Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco
Price: $8.13

1.0 out of 5 stars "I", "I" and oh yeah...."I", December 3, 2014
Agree with a previous reviewer, the first person tone of this book makes it an EXTREMELY PERSONAL memoir. It is truly like reading the diary of a complete stranger (and a rather uninteresting one at that). That may turn on a few people but I found it extremely off-putting. It seems as if every sentence contains the word "I" or "my". What I wanted to read were thoughtful essays about my favorite San Francisco neighborhoods. What I got was a lot of self-involved stream of consciousness, with the city taking a decorative back seat to the navel-gazing.

I wish Herb Caen would have written this book.

Clip-On Rear View Mirror for PC Monitors or Anywhere By Modtek
Clip-On Rear View Mirror for PC Monitors or Anywhere By Modtek
Offered by XOXIDE
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $13.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun house mirror, October 24, 2014
This mirror would be perfect if it actually contained a real quality mirror. The cheap mirror-like plastic substitute is terribly distorted and it makes depth perception difficult. The discreet size of the mirror is great and the clip has a generous mouth that will hold monitor edges both wide and narrow. Hey manufacturer: Improve the mirror quality and you have a winner.

Brooks Women's Chariot, Color: AthleticGrey/White, Size: 9.0
Brooks Women's Chariot, Color: AthleticGrey/White, Size: 9.0

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, runs small, October 15, 2014
Runs a 1/2 size small. I bought my usual size and it was too short in the length making my toes crammed. Exchanged for the next size up and fits fine. Mixed grey suede and nylon colors are exactly like they look in the photo. Cute old school style with zero arch support just like the original (yep, that's how the were back in the day--flat inside!). If you need more support or cushioning the insole can be removed and replaced. They are cute for running errands or light walking, but they're not supportive enough for running or serious exercise.

Sierra City
Sierra City
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars WINE., September 27, 2014
This review is from: Sierra City (Kindle Edition)
No one in this story can start any kind of conversation with another person unless they first have a glass of wine or beer in their hand. As the story went on it grew from mildly annoying to really disturbing to almost comical at the end-- Was Hill paid for each mention of the word "wine"? I mean it was mentioned more times than all of the supporting characters combined. Enough already.

In general Hill's writing leans towards repetition (descriptions of the same trees and trails over and over, multiple times people taking showers to soothe their aches, the aforementioned constant glasses of wine, etc.) and a rather annoying habit of using character's names at the end of every statement ("You see what I mean, Chris. I'm talking to you, Chris. Just in case the readers don't know, Chris. I'll keep mentioning your name in every statement, Chris."). I can't decide if it's just lazy writing, or if the author doesn't respect the intelligence of her audience. Either way it's not a good thing.

Stretch Knit Polyester Bed Bug & Dust Mite Control Standard Pillow Protector
Stretch Knit Polyester Bed Bug & Dust Mite Control Standard Pillow Protector
Price: $12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy annoying fabric, September 24, 2014
I bought this cover because several reviews mentioned that it was quiet, not crunchy and noisy like many cheap covers. Well apparently something has changed because the cover I got is like sleeping on a sheet of paper. Even the slightest movement of your head makes the fabric crunch and crinkle. I don't know if the manufacturer changed fabrics, or it's a different supplier, but what I got is impossible to sleep on because it's so noisy.

Solaray - Selenium (Yeast Free), 100 mcg, 90 capsules
Solaray - Selenium (Yeast Free), 100 mcg, 90 capsules
Offered by Nutrition Depot
Price: $5.85
3 used & new from $5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and odor is tolerable, August 25, 2014
The least stinky smelly Selenium I can find. The smell does not escape the bottle like some other brands. I take with food and a Vitamin E capsule and have never had any bad aftertaste or burping.

Nature's Way Selenium 200 mcg, 100 Capsules
Nature's Way Selenium 200 mcg, 100 Capsules
Offered by VitaCafe
Price: $6.88
55 used & new from $4.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Stinks!, August 25, 2014
Selenium is a member of the sulfur family and it has a naturally strong smell to it. I don't mind tolerating it for the few seconds until I swallow it but I don't want to smell it constantly. There are many brands of selenium on the market and this is one of the stinkiest. The odor is unbearable. Even with the bottle closed it seeped right thru the plastic and stunk up the area around it. To try to control the odor I put the bottle tightly sealed into a freezer bag, sealed that, then into a tightly sealed glass jar. It still escaped! It's unbelievably pervasive. I have tried other brand such as Solaray Selenium 100mcg and it has nowhere near the odor of this funkfest. Perhaps the lower strength (100mcg vs 200mcg) has something to do with it, but I'd rather take two non-stinky capsules than one that reeks. If the smell of Selenium bothers you stay away from this one.

Huit Faussement Nue Balconnet Bra (FNA0) 36B/Nude
Huit Faussement Nue Balconnet Bra (FNA0) 36B/Nude
Offered by Bare Necessities

3.0 out of 5 stars Not molded cups, June 14, 2014
The description on this style is wrong. The cups are NOT molded at all. They are double layer fabric only. No molded foam or cup shape.

Natori Womens Feathers Contour Plunge Bra, Cafe, 36B
Natori Womens Feathers Contour Plunge Bra, Cafe, 36B
Price: $68.00
7 used & new from $66.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not enough support, June 12, 2014
I'm not large chested. I wear a 36B and that size fit fine. This bra is very pretty and well made but it has very little support. Even just walking down the hallway I could feel jiggling as if I didn't have a bra on at all. If you're small chested or are lucky enough to have youthful breasts that require little to no support then you may like this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5