Profile for Tooncesmom > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 642

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tooncesmom RSS Feed (Northern California)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
George Foreman GFO200S Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver
George Foreman GFO200S Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver
Price: $79.20
19 used & new from $67.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooks really well but a bit on the flimsy side., July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this George Foreman GFO200S Indoor/Outdoor Grill for an honest review. Here’s my take on it.

With a 200 square-inch cooking surface, this indoor/outdoor grill will easily serve 12, so no need to cook in batches. The temperature is controlled by a round dial, and items cook evenly. As with the George Foreman original two-plate grill, the surface slants downward so grease runs off and is collected in a tray. The stand and legs snap on easily for patio use or you can set in on a table or counter to use indoors. (A note of warning: the unit gets hot, so be sure to place it on some type of insulating board as it can crack Corian.) The grill plate is treated with a tough non-stick coating so is easy to wipe clean. It’s also lightweight and attractive. These are the pluses.

On the negative side, the stand seems a bit flimsy and the unit is rather large to store. Being electric, this is not an item you’d want sitting out in the weather.
indoor and out, you may want to do some careful comparisons with competing offerings. Another point worth mentioning is the grease-collecting tray, though dishwasher-safe, is not very sturdy.

I give it five stars for cooking ease but am taking off one star for flimsiness and storage difficulty.

Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Cat Food, Indoor Health Chicken & Turkey Recipe, 12-Pound Bag
Price: $36.99
14 used & new from $24.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nutrition and our kitty likes it, July 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We are Wellness Core fans and have used this brand on our 21-year-old kitty and now on our two-year-old indoor male. He’s been getting a mixture of grain-free wet food and the Wellness Core Indoor Formula and he’s done very well with this combination. When I had the opportunity to preview the original formula (slightly higher in calories and with the addition of fist to the formula), I ordered a package. He really loves any food with fish as an ingredient, and Original Formula is no exception. As with the Indoor Formula, he gets a mixture of dry kibble and wet food in small portions a few times a day. It agrees with him and he has a wonderfully glossy coat, good teeth and is in great health.

I am as concerned about what kind of diet he eats as I am about our food. Wellness makes quality pet foods and I am confident he’s getting a good nutritional balance. It’s nice to know that the people at Wellness also recommend a combination of wet and dry food to help increase the level of water in the cat’s diet.

Yes, Wellness Core cost a bit more than grocery store cat food, but we believe in optimal nutrition for our fur babies, and it is so worth it to know we’re giving him the best.

The Microbiome Solution: A Radical New Way to Heal Your Body from the Inside Out
by Dr. Robynne Chutkan M.D.
Price: $13.30

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent primer, July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Microbiome is the name given to the trillions of bacteria that live in our gut. It’s become popular today to rethink not only our lifestyle and what we eat, but how clean we are in our personal lives. In this age of over-dependence on vaccines and antibiotics for every little ailment, and the need to sanitize everything we touch, we are actually depriving our bodies of the balance of good germs to bad that actually build our immune systems and keep us healthy.

Gastroenterologist and author Robynne Chutkan explains why we need to “eat a peck of dirt before we die” and much much more. She explains why using hand sanitizers may be counter-productive and why we need to eat more natural, fermented foods.

I’ve been treating hormonal and gut imbalance and found Robynne’s book helpful and very readable. In addition to explaining the how and why, Robynne offers a number of recipes for simple gut-healing foods as well as cleaning products. She ascribes to the “live dirty, eat clean” life and suggests we do the same. I found her writing style both refreshing and informative.

She also shares practical advice I’ve never seen elsewhere. For example why it’s so much better to have a natural childbirth than a Cesarean section, because the fluids a baby gathers as it comes down the birth canal provide essential bacteria to build the baby’s immune system and which helps to prevent allergies.

The diet in Robynne’s book is mostly a low sugar, high fiber one—the ingredients we need for a healthy gut.

Very well done, and kudos to Dr. Chutkan.

Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips, Kool Ranch, 4 Count
Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips, Kool Ranch, 4 Count
Price: $23.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Relatively healthy but not addictive, July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For me kale is an acquired taste, so I’m usually putting it in salads and making a somewhat spicy dressing to overpower the kale taste. Kale chips are a some and some item. Some are quite tasty and some are pretty blah.

Rhythm Superfoods Kale chips rank somewhere in between. There’s a decent ranch taste, but the consistency is rather dry and bland. My sample bag had three or four chunky bites and the rest were crushed into little bitty pieces that required a spoon to eat.

Sodium is 220 mg. and sugar 3 g. per serving, both a bit more than I like to see, but the taste is better than average and they are relatively healthy. They have 7 grams of fat per serving (two servings to a bag), derived mostly from sunflower and sesame seeds.

These snack bits are rather pricey for what you get. Based on value, taste and consistency, I am being generous to give these chips four stars.
It was decent but not something I would purchase.

Identity Theft
Identity Theft
by Ron Cantor
Price: $13.86
61 used & new from $5.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Add this to your spiritual reading library, July 9, 2015
This review is from: Identity Theft (Paperback)
Ron Cantor has penned a very fine fictional book on the identity theft many churches and gentiles have had in trying to eradicate the "Jewishness" of our Lord and Savior. Though written as fiction, Cantor backs up what he says with scriptural documentation. The facts remain: Yeshua (Jesus) was a Jew, a Rabbi, a teacher in the synagogues, as were Paul and Peter. Lifelong Jews who never changed their faith to start a new religion. This needs to be understood by modern Christianity and modern Judaism alike. I have a few nits about the writing style, but none about the content. Very readable and informative.

Raw Organic Cocoa Butter-16 ozs.
Raw Organic Cocoa Butter-16 ozs.
Offered by Halaleveryday
Price: $16.49
2 used & new from $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice smaller size for baking., July 9, 2015
This review is from: Raw Organic Cocoa Butter-16 ozs.
Love the smaller size for my raw cacao candy making. Excellent quality and melting consistency.

Thyroid Support Supplement - Natural Herbal Formula With L-Tyrosine, Kelp (Iodine) and Ashwaganda (Withania) to Support a Healthy Metabolism, Reduce Fatigue and Promote Weight Loss - 60 Capsules
Offered by Nutracraft
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working, July 9, 2015
I've been using ThyroAid for a month now and am pleased with the quality and with my results. I have a thyroid imbalance not detected with the common test and felt this product would help to regulate an underactive thyroid and to aid in increasing my metabolism. While I do not yet have clinical proof of any improvement, I "feel" as though it is helping through increased energy and well-being. I have placed a reorder based on my results.

Phantom Aquatics Impulse 1500 LED Aluminum Dive Light
Phantom Aquatics Impulse 1500 LED Aluminum Dive Light
Price: $179.97
3 used & new from $120.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One well-made light, July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Phantom Aquatics Impulse 1500 LED Dive Light offers a sealed magnetic side switch with three brightness settings. The switch, as well as the flashlight body, is well made and durable.

While installing the batteries is fairly intuitive, it took a bit to figure out how to unscrew the case as it came with NO instructions save a tiny card that tells you to remove the batteries after use.

It comes with a neoprene hand holster and an adjustable wrist lanyard with a rubberized tube, but no instructions. I checked online and found nothing.

Using the latest USA CREE XM-L2(U2) LED, it provides a maximum 1500 lumens output and has over 18 hours runtime. It is a robust tool, weighing in at a little over 1 ½ pounds. The light intensity, however, is incredible, particularly at the high beam. The batteries are rechargeable and the unit comes with a generic charger. It took just three hours for the battery charging lights to go from red to green. Also, there are three additional o-rings to use as replacements whenever needed.

Instructions on the tiny card say to wash off any salt water after use. I will be using this powerful light for camping and similar activities.

My only complaint(s) had to do with overall weight and the difficulty of keeping one of the o-rings from bulging out of the flashlight body when screwing the barrel back on. This could be a problem with waterproofability.

Panasonic RP-HS34M-Y Sports Clip Earbud Headphones with Mobile Controller, Yellow
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $9.55

4.0 out of 5 stars They stay in place, July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tested these earbud headphones today while riding my spin bike and have to say they do the job quite well. Of course they don’t have the sound quality of my Monster earbuds, but for workouts, they are better because they stay in place, thanks to their over the ear design.

They were easy to put on and easy to adjust. I listened to a podcast and found the voice quality very acceptable. They are comfortable to wear, and not likely to fall off. I used them with an iPhone 4 and was able to pause the sound for mobile phone use. Unfortunately, I live in a cell dead area so wasn’t able to test the phone quality. Not a problem for me since these will be used almost exclusively for podcasts and music while running or exercising.

Noise isolation is average since they don’t have a tight ear canal fit, but again, not a problem. The bottom line is they are inexpensive, they stay put and do the job. The green color is kinda neat, too. The only downside might be that the cord is a bit flimsy, so precaution needs to be made not to pull on it.

Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, Monoi Oil, 10oz
Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, Monoi Oil, 10oz
Price: $6.84
3 used & new from $6.84

4.0 out of 5 stars The Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer is perfect for after pool and bath use, July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer is perfect for after pool and bath use. My skin gets rather dry from being in the water so much and the moisturizer really keeps my skin moist and supple feeling. I prefer to apply to just damp skin rather than dripping wet, but the results are equal.

My skin stays moist feeling for hours and the product has a nice scent, a light gardenia fragrance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20