Profile for kklinz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kklinz RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Citizen Insane (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery, Book 2)
Citizen Insane (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery, Book 2)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN, quick, light and silly mystery adventure!, October 15, 2014
Dove right into this without realizing it was actually #2 in a series. I was doing an exploration into random books on my kindle as I couldn't decide what to read next. This book sucked me right in. Fun and simple writing style much like Janet E. There's nothing like shutting off the brain and letting yourself get immersed into this type of novel!

Great characters I wouldn't mind revisiting again. Suppose I should go back to read #1, the Monkeys, but I kinda like the idea of moving on to the Yams to see what happens between the MC and her hubby. Fun, eyecatching covers with smart, whimsical titles really get your attention. With so many books to read, this is key Marketing 101. Brilliant.

Certainly recommend to those who love a quick, light, silly, entirely unrealistic mystery adventure.

My Name Is Thank-You
My Name Is Thank-You
Price: $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely touching and uplifting story!, October 10, 2014
"Everybody got a story. It don't matter who you is or where you come from, as long as you got breath in yo body you got a story to tell. The more people start sharing they stories the faster we gonna learn to appreciate each other, and recognize how similar we all is." quote from My Name is Thank-You

My Name is Thank-You is a lovely, soul-touching story. There is writing in this novella that is as beautiful as almost anything I've read before. Ms. Love certainly has a gift of putting words together in just the right way. I found numerous highlight-worthy passages in this book. So many, I feel like I should have just as well lit up the entire thing! I don't like writing 'too-wordy', but this is perfect - everything described so flawlessly I could see it and feel it for myself. From eating food to grass on the ground to hearing a baby's first cries, Ms Love nails it all.

Thank-You is an inspiration and though there are parts of the book that will make you sad, in the end you feel higher than the sky. I don't want to say much about the story itself because I think the best way to read this is by going into it with nothing - allowing it to unfold in your mind with no prior expectations.

I have to give this a full 5 shining stars! I would proudly recommend this book to everyone...knowing I'm sharing something that will uplift and make the day better for whomever touches it. I hope Ms Kaizen Love has more stories to tell as I certainly look forward to reading more of her writing.

Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands: A Novel
Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous., October 8, 2014
Maybe Mr Bohjalian's next "sci fi original" should be titled "BLACKOUT". Were Fairwinde (Chris Bohjalian's one resource to FEED *ahem* "guide" his research into nuclear power plants) to tell you the reality of how we would live WITHOUT nuclear power plants, there is no one person in their right mind who would sign on. Thus, the scare tactics. Sick way to use an audience of ready fans of your work to further your political agendas.

DONE with Bohajalian, Mr Historian and "quality" researcher. What a laugh

Saving Ben
Saving Ben
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ever had a crappy roommate? How about a crazy one??, October 2, 2014
This review is from: Saving Ben (Kindle Edition)
Kat's first impression of her freshman college roomie, Emma, is a good one, and Kat is so relieved she ended up with someone normal, pretty and fun! The girls become instant friends. Kat involves Emma in all aspects of her life, acquaints her with her friends and family members, invites her home for the holidays, even loans her Grandma's diamonds - all the things a close trusted friend would do. Only, Emma isn't at all what she seems to be on the surface. She's an expert at drawing people in, charming them...then twisting them into whatever form she sees fit to suit her own needs. Using people is her forte. What starts out in the book to appear very Single White Female, ends up far worse as Emma spreads her poison on to Emma's brother, Ben. Now Ben is in trouble and Kat feels responsible. All aspects of his life have turned to crap as a result of Emma's attentions. Kat sets out to save him from the stalker bitch she unleashed on him.

There is far more drama included in the book, including a pretty good murder mystery that gets the thrill going toward the middle. Great ending ya gotta read to appreciate!

FRY
FRY
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic thriller!, May 29, 2014
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
I got this as a free book a LONG time ago & swiftly forgot about it, heaping it under my many other downloads. Thank goodness amazon sometimes runs books through again or I wouldn't have re-remembered it. As soon as I saw it again, I knew it was the book I was to read next.

The plot is more than a little intriguing - the faux friend in seek of the ultimate revenge. There was a bit of predictability, but it did not matter as it was hitting all the right buttons otherwise. As an American reader I truly enjoyed the British flavor built in. I love it when a writer speaks from their heart, the 'true language' of their environment. I read a bit of English literature, but I found some new dialect in this one...nip down the chippy, lark about...and I had to look up several words as I went along as well, which is not usual practice for me. But it was fun and contributed to my enjoyment of the story itself.

The end seemed a little rushed but overall it brought a decent end. Definitely recommend FRY to anyone who has interest in psychological thriller or even horror. Not one gory moment, no language, very very few sexual encounters. Still managed to fulfill the thrill seeking & a reasonable scare that I was in the mood for when I started the book. Fabulous read!

Little Red Riding Hood
Little Red Riding Hood

5.0 out of 5 stars Great graphics!, March 13, 2014
The wonderfully drawn pictures are really the star of this show! The story is a pretty basic Red Riding Hood. Children's books that work well <i>always</i> have pretty pictures and I'd say that these are definitely 5 star. The only thing I would suggest is making the pictures bigger, even if you have to make the font size smaller. The pictures are so good I would love to see them in better detail.

Vampire Vacation: Adult Urban Fantasy (The V V Inn Book 1)
Vampire Vacation: Adult Urban Fantasy (The V V Inn Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Fun, Different, September 5, 2013
Fun! Vampires on vacation! A little more 'racy' than I had expected, but it was still a unique and enjoyable read. Definitely liked it enough to move on to the next in the series!

The Ice Captain's Daughter
The Ice Captain's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet!, August 12, 2013
I really enjoyed this novella. Quick read; fun and satisfying when in the mood for a good, clean old fashioned romance.

Quintspinner: A Pirate's Quest: Book One in the Quintspinner Series
Quintspinner: A Pirate's Quest: Book One in the Quintspinner Series

5.0 out of 5 stars High Adventure, July 4, 2013
Wonderfully adventurous! I'm not usually an adventure or pirate book fan, but this was so different, soo good, I loved it! I'm surprised this does not have more raving reviews...I expected to come here and see hundreds, as good as I thought it was. I'm ready to buy book number 2, which is only .99 btw, so how could I even think twice?! The size of the ebook concerns me, not sure why these are such big files in comparison to other ebooks I have? I have a very full kindle and must concern myself with these issues...I'll still buy the next one despite it's size, but I'll have to read it right away and get rid of it; I'm kind of a book hoarder. :)That just means I read a lot and know when I have found a great book - Quintspinner, in my opinion, is a really great book!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2014 7:59 PM PDT

Saving Grace (Katie & Annalise Book 1)
Saving Grace (Katie & Annalise Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mystery with a hint of paranormal and a touch of romance too!, May 23, 2013
Katie's life is on a downward spiral. Not dealing well with the deaths of her parents the year before and a fatal attraction to a man at work, she turns to the bottle. Her brother and friend cry intervention and Katie takes a week of respite in The Virgin Islands, the place where her parents died in an 'accidental', though mysterious, car accident. She quickly makes friends with the beautiful and quirky island native Ava and hires an investigator to check out the accident her parents were involved in.
On Ava's insistence she takes a guided hike and runs into the beautiful 'Annalisse', a magnificent unfinished house someone started and didn't finish. The house has a 'soul', a 'jambah' which in voodoo is like a ghost. The woman appears to Katie and the house speaks to her soul. She decides to use her inheritance and savings to buy it and finish it, a wild hair of an idea she knows, but something she wants badly.
With several side stories in between her trip and the move, then the dealing with house issues, you barely notice the mystery creeping in. By the time it's going full force, it's impossible to stop as you race toward the outcome.
EXCELLENT mystery build up, characters you care about and worry for; beautiful depiction of the island environment. All around fantastic storytelling!! If book 2 were available I would buy it immediately. Unique plot and gorgeous cover art, too. Absolutely enjoyable, would most definitely recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7