Profile for Siberians Rule > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Siberians Rule "jellen" RSS Feed (Valrico, Florida, United States)

Game Boy Advance SP Pro Gamers Kit
Game Boy Advance SP Pro Gamers Kit
4 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Kit Well Worth the Price, August 14, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We purchased this kit for my son (who is 10) and he has been very pleased with it. The case itself is very nice. It is very sturdy and gives lots of room to carry his gameboy console and extra game cartridges and the accesories. The kit includes several items including headphones, screen protectors, and game cartridge cases. However, the two that are the most useful and helpful are definitely the car charger and the gameboy console connector. The car charger allows the gameboy to be plugged into the car's cigarette lighter for power and the gameboy console connector allows my son and his sister to connect their consoles and play multi-player games together. These two items are especially useful on long car trips when batteries often run out of power or people get "bored" playing by themselves. When we ordered this kit I believe we got it on sale for $15 or $16 and it is definitely worth that price. If you have any avid gamers in your family who own a Gameboy Advance SP, then I can definitely recommend this product.

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Offered by Legendary Games
Price: $97.97
147 used & new from $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars We have great fun with Super Mario Advance 4, August 14, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We purchased this game for my son (who is 10) and he gave it the 5-star rating. He says he enjoys this game for the ability to change into different animals and earn new lives to keep your game going. He also enjoys the multi-player ability since he and his sister can connect their gameboys and play against each other. The game keeps them entertained with its many levels and is not one that they become easily bored with. Since I have never played the game myself, I have to rely on what the kids tell me.

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Offered by Legendary Games
Price: $69.99
91 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoshi's Island is a great game, August 14, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We purchased this game for my son(who is 10) and he really likes it. I asked him to tell me what he enjoys about it since I have never played the game myself. I figured the opinion of the 10-year-old player would be more useful. He gave it the 5-star rating. He says "It is cool that you can morph into different things and it has lots of different levels to play on." He also likes the "storyline" or "plot" of the adventure since Yoshi is one of his favorite characters. I can tell you that it IS NOT a game he played for 10 minutes and got bored with. He has continued to enjoy it very often.

The Three Stooges - Fancy Mixed Nyucks (Curly Classics / All the World's a Stooge)
DVD ~ Moe Howard
19 used & new from $3.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Boys Do Love Their Stooges!, April 5, 2007
I have to confess that I am not that much of a Stooges fan. Therefore, my opinion may not be very useful to those who are true fans. I will not even bother trying to critique the quality or entertainment value of these films. I will tell you that if you are considering this collection as a gift for a young boy, you simply cannot go wrong. My son is nine years old and definitely all boy and he absolutely adores the Three Stooges. He had a $50 gift certficate from Amazon and blew the whole wad on Stooges DVD's. This set was not a disappointment to him in any way! It was the best of the ones he ordered and he watches it again and again. The skits included in this collection are definitely classics and show the Stooges at the top of their form.

Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook
Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook
by James M. Giffin MD
97 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Useful Reference, December 3, 2006
I have not had that much experience with veterinary reference books for dog owners. However, I can tell you that as a brand new dog owner this book has been extremely useful for me. We recently added a pair of Siberian Husky puppies to our family. We did much research on the different dog breeds and on this breed in particular before we decided to purchase these pups. Nevertheless, I had no experience raising puppies of any kind and I had no real experience dealing with canine medical problems. This book is a very clear and concise reference that gives a good working knowledge about how to deal with canine illnesses and injuries. It lists symptoms to watch for, home treatments, and step by step instructions for administering medicines and bandaging injuries. Each chapter covers a specific area of a dog's body (digestive system, eyes, ears, reproductive system, etc...). The chapter explains how the system works, how to keep it healthy, illnesses or injuries or genetic defects that can affect it, and how to treat them. It also has a whole chapter on emergencies and lists specific symptoms or situations that indicate you need to get to a vet immediately. It even tells you how to make a home emergency kit for your dog. There is an index of symptoms in the front cover of the book for easy reference in finding treatments quickly. In the back is an excellent glossary and bibliography of further references. There is even a section at the back that lists over the counter medications for humans that are also safe to use on dogs. There are also separate chapters on infectious diseases, parasites, pediatrics, geriatrics, pregnancy and whelping, and dealing with cancer and tumors. This book is written in a clear and easy to understand style that anyone can follow. It has many helpful charts and lists for easy reference. It does not go into great detail about specific dog breeds but it is comprehensive enough in basic information to be a great help to most any dog owner (it is 358 pages in length). Whether you are a long time dog owner or a novice, I highly recommend adding this book to your library. It would also make an excellent gift for anyone who is a brand new dog owner.

The Last of the Mohicans (Enhanced Widescreen) (1992)
The Last of the Mohicans (Enhanced Widescreen) (1992)
DVD ~ Daniel Day-Lewis
Offered by UltimateDiscountsCANADA
Price: $19.99
127 used & new from $0.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Lie for the day -- this DVD is an "Expanded Edition", November 6, 2002
This DVD is a huge disappointment. With every other movie I have ever bought that was labeled a "Director's Cut" or an "Expanded Edition", the movie had things added to it and not taken out. This version of the movie cuts out much of the familiar and favorite dialogue from the movie released in the theater. Did you like the part where, hiding in the forest, Hawkeye & Cora have their conversation about her people being a breed apart and not making any sense? When Cora gets offended by this, Hawkeye gives her such a look and says "I would make an exception in your case, Miss" and she sarcastically says "Thank you so much!" All this is ripped out of this version. When Major Hayward and Hawkeye have their confrontation in Col. Munro's office about whether the Colonial militia should be released from service to defend their families, gone is the part where Hawkeye looks at the Major and says "I think one day you and I are going to have a serious disagreement". When the party is escaping from the massacre and are in the canoes on the lake, gone is the part where Hawkeye sees Major Hayward pointing a gun at him and says "Got nothing better to do on the lake today, Major?" When the party is hiding from the Hurons in the cave behind the waterfall there are some scenes and dialogue missing. Most notably when Hawkeye and Uncas and Chingachgook decide they have to flee and Cora says "I want you to go, that way if the worst happens and only one of us survives, then something of the other does too."
This DVD can be credited with adding a few tiny bits of dialogue here and there but very little of it adds anthing to the story and does not make up for the lines that were cut. There are also some added shots of the backside of horses as they pull a coach, a few extra shots of the crowd leaving Ft. William Henry and a few extra shots of the French soldiers digging the trenches. They are not worth shelling out money for a DVD if you already have the VHS version. The only thing of real merit added in this version are shots of Major Hayward's diversion outside Ft. William Henry while Hawkeye and Uncas are covering the escape of the courier that is being sent to get reinforcements from General Webb at Ft. Edward. If they had just added that and left the rest alone, it would have been a tiny improvement.
If you look at the original VHS tape of the theatrical release you will find the length recorded as 114 minutes. The length of this newly released, expanded edition is -- now get ready to be overwhelmed -- 117 minutes. This DVD is simply a major rip-off by a film company trying to get some money from extra movie sales. Unfortunately, they do not have the material to make it worth your while. Take my advice, Save Your Money!!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 1:04 PM PDT