Profile for Orange Roughy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Orange Roughy RSS Feed

Asus VE247H 24-Inch Full-HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor with Integrated Speakers
Asus VE247H 24-Inch Full-HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor with Integrated Speakers
Price: $159.99
97 used & new from $125.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture, March 12, 2014
I have 2 of these connected to my laptop for work purposes. I'm pretty picky about things like this and it has a passing grade with me. The display text at HD resolution is very clear and I would not hesitate to buy another one if needed. The buttons sequences used to adjust the display could have been better designed. It takes some getting used to.

Planar 997-5253-00 Dual Monitor Stand (Black)
Planar 997-5253-00 Dual Monitor Stand (Black)
Price: $82.99
90 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice monitor stand, March 12, 2014
I have 2 Asus VE247H 24-Inch monitors attached to this stand. It's very adjustable and stable. I highly recommend it.

Shredded Memory Foam Pillow with Bamboo Cover By Coop Home Goods - Made in the USA - Hypoallergenic and Dust Mite Resistant - Includes Ebook "Guide to a Better Nights Sleep" - Satisfaction Guaranteed
Offered by Marlow's Mercantile
Price: $46.99
2 used & new from $39.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Pillow, March 12, 2014
I really like this pillow. It's full, soft, supportive, and comfortable no matter how I lay on it. Highly recommended.

RASPBERRY PI MODEL B 756-8308 Raspberry Pi B
RASPBERRY PI MODEL B 756-8308 Raspberry Pi B
Offered by PHOTOTECH
Price: $37.49
52 used & new from $26.94

5.0 out of 5 stars HTPC, January 6, 2014
I use this with OpenELEC and it plays HD movies with surround sound very well. Moving around in the menus can be a little laggy at times, but video/sound playback has been flawless. I would recommend this as a functional dirt cheap HTPC.

Multicomp Raspberry Pi Enclosure (Black)
Multicomp Raspberry Pi Enclosure (Black)
Offered by fidelitydealz
Price: $7.99
10 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars HTPC case, January 6, 2014
I use this case with my Rasberry Pi and it works very well. It allows access to all ports and the Pi installs easily.

LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $50.28
158 used & new from $32.84

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this device, January 6, 2014
Overall I like this device and I would recommend it. I use it for streaming radio while walking around and answering the occasional phone call. It works very well for this.

Pros:
Long battery life.

Very comfortable (often times forget I'm wearing them).

The sound is clear and does not drop out.

Switching from music to phone call, back to music works without issue.

Buttons are easily accessible while in use.

Cons:
The volume control on the device is not fine enough and was almost a deal breaker. At level 0 it is silent and level 1 can be too loud at times. I now use an app called Fine Volume Control V2 from the Android store that allows me to adjust between 0 - 1. I think this is an Android issue vs a problem with the design of the headset. You'll need to use the software to "fine tune" the volume and not the hardware buttons. This took a little getting used to but now I'm used to it. I combined this app with a profile app (Locale) so when my phone detects a connection with these headphones, the volume is automatically adjusted to my desired volume level.

The magnets for holding the ear-buds while not in use are not that strong. It's easy for them to disconnect.

When I use it for voice activated dialing, it has a problem understanding me. It rarely gets the phone number correct. This is not a problem with other Bluetooth headsets I've owned in the past.

IOGEAR GW3DHDKIT Wireless 3D Digital Kit with Full HD 1080P and 5.1 Channel Digital Audio
Price: Click here to see our price
123 used & new from $169.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, August 29, 2012
This device didn't work for me. I was never able to get a good signal even with the receiver and transmitter 10 ft away from each other.

I messed with it for days, while communicating with their tech support. They gave me the typical "reboot it" advice which I had done countless times already. Bottom line from tech support is this is a plug and play device. I was instructed if that doesn't work, return it for a replacement or refund.

The IR blaster would not send the signal to power on my DirecTV HR25 receiver. Once the receiver was powered on it would work OK. I could change channels and power everything off. It became very annoying having to get up and walk to the other room to power on my satellite receiver to view the poor picture this device was transmitting.

I eventually returned it and purchased a different HDMI wireless transmitter/reciever device from another vendor and am very happy with it.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 5:31 AM PST

Actiontec My Wireless TV WiFi / HDMI Multi-Room Wireless HD Video Kit
Actiontec My Wireless TV WiFi / HDMI Multi-Room Wireless HD Video Kit
Price: Click here to see our price
49 used & new from $154.29

5.0 out of 5 stars This device works, August 29, 2012
This device works really well. I'm using it to send the HDMI signal from a DirecTV HR25 in my closet to a TV mounted on the wall in my bedroom. The signal is going thru a couple of walls (closet and bathroom). The included IR blaster also works as advertised, giving me 100% control over the TV and hidden satellite receiver.

One of the nice features is the menu for viewing configuration and status. It allows you to view the signal strength so you can move the boxes around until you find a good spot. It offers a way to upgrade the firmware allowing for bug fixes and feature enhancements. The instructions are easy to follow. You can be up and running in 5 minutes.

The picture is very good. There does not appear to be a difference between this wireless signal and having it directly connected to my satellite receiver.

ZAGG  Z.buds Headphones (Red)
ZAGG Z.buds Headphones (Red)

1.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, made of cheap materials, broken again., November 14, 2009
I really wanted to like these earbuds. They sound good when they work and the cord harness is unique and useful. But this is the 3rd time these things have gone bad on me. But hey, they give you a life time replacement right? Well it costs me a $20 dollar replacement fee + shipping every time I have to send these back!

The first time one of the rubber ear pieces ripped and it happened to be the one that fit best for me. This was when they first came out and it didn't fit right on the speaker piece. They acknowledged it was a known issue. To get that one rubber piece replaced, I had to send the entire package back and wait weeks for my replacement.

The speaker clicker broke on the second pair. It just fell apart. $20 plus shipping to get this one "fixed."

The third pair now has a defect in the cord near the plug so now I get intermittent sound out of the right earbud. Very frustrating. Am I going to send these back and pay another $20 + shipping to get them fixed. No. I'm going to send them to the trash can!

Premium Black Adjustable Wrist Armband Sports Gym Carrying Case Cover for Apple IPhone 3G 8GB 16GB 2nd Generation Smartphone

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., December 26, 2008
This is a good basic armband for an iPhone 3G. It stays in place and doesn't jiggle around as you exercise. It fits snug on the device and has a low profile. The material it's made of is soft so it won't scratch it. It doesn't have screen protection which is a reason I decided on this one. I already have a screen protector installed on my device so I don't need it. There is no access to the side and buttons (volume control, mute, on/off). The home button and the screen are sufficient for what I use it for.