Profile for Kate Rose Carson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kate Rose Carson RSS Feed

The Summer I Dared: A Novel
The Summer I Dared: A Novel
by Barbara Delinsky
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What is a woman supposed to be?, December 11, 2011
Dec. 11, 2011. For centuries, for millions of years, women had no role except to serve their husbands and children. But women are people, and deserve to take a place in the world. Never before in history have women had so many options. Yes, there were women in history who made their mark in the world. But they were rare. Today every woman should ask herself, "Who am I? What am I? What role am I meant to fulfill?" And this is what Julia asks herself in Barbara Delinsky's "The Summer I Dared." This is a thoughtful and interesting book, which may reflect some of Delinsky's inner questions, as it reflects the questions many of us have. It is fun to read. I enjoyed learning about the lobstering business and the raising of angora rabbits. I enjoyed the contrasts between generations, Julia, her mother, her daughter. We need to discard the attitudes and opinions of yesteryear, and to take on the goals and ideals of tomorrow. Every woman has the right to be herself! Every woman has the right to make her own choices! Kate Rose Carson, author of "When Not to Kiss!"

The Vendetta Defense
The Vendetta Defense
by Lisa Scottoline
Price: $6.96
367 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best possible scenario, December 10, 2011
Dec. 10, 2011: I've read a number of Scottoline books and own a few. (Will buy more!) Of all of her books that I've read (and liked), I think she has outdone herself on this one. Although she thinks of it as fiction, a great deal of it is truth--the way people live and think; the attitudes that have been inbred in them. I have yet to read the rest of Lisa's books, so I'm not sure that what I'm about to say is valid. This is absolutely the best thing she has done. Pigeon Tony seems like a real person, perhaps not rational, perhaps not educated, perhaps operating from gut instinct, but sincere and honest. This book is a gut-wrencher. When a book gets inside of you, you know that the author has done her job! Kate Rose Carson, author of "When Not to Kiss!"

The Search
The Search
by Nora Roberts
Price: $6.96
627 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done!, November 12, 2011
This review is from: The Search (Mass Market Paperback)
Nov. 12, 2011: I've been reading Nora Roberts' books since 1982 when I met her at a meeting of Washington Romance Writers, where she handed me copies of her first five paperbacks. I have been reading her books ever since. What a career she has managed to create for herself! She's amazing. "The Search" is surely one of her finest. She does exhaustive research; she describes people well, their feelings, their perspective, their pain, their faults. She does dialog well. I know that she is an inspiration for other writers. In "The Search" she is writing about Search and Rescue, and wonderful dogs. In "Northern Lights," which I am reading now, she draws us into Alaska, cold, frozen, challenging, difficult. She makes me feel as if I'm really there. If you are daunted by long descriptions, friend, you have the right to skip, skim, or put the book down forever! I have read hundreds of her books and have at least a dozen waiting for me. I just shake my head in amazement at her incomparable skill! Good work, Elke. Bravo! Kate Rose Carson (author of "When Not to Kiss!).

Larry in Wonderland: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
Larry in Wonderland: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
by Stephan Pastis
Price: $9.17
98 used & new from $0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Larry in Wonderland, November 5, 2011
Stephen Pastis is the funniest cartoonist in America. Psychiatrists, psychologists and doctors should hand out his book to all patients. It will cure depression instantly. This crew of outlandish characters can make you laugh out loud every time. Steve, what a way to earn a living! Good for you!