Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Sandra S. Phillips > Reviews

Browse

Sandra S. Phillips' Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sandra S. Phillips "doglover" RSS Feed (MA)

Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1 Speaker System
Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1 Speaker System
Price: $50.12
90 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound;, February 23, 2013
you can actually hear the different musical instruments in the songs.These speakers sound better than my Bose!these speakers are unbelievable!

Noodle
Noodle
by Terry Durack
36 used & new from $2.42

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best Noodle book, April 25, 2009
This review is from: Noodle (Paperback)
I am 72 and an expert Chinese cook but have had a great urge to get into noodle soups and dishs. I have been in the orient enough to have experienced the love of noodles so a month or so ago I ordered one each of the Noodles books that Amazon offers. When this one came in I was captured from the very first photograph. The author has it spot on. His organization is very smart starting with two pages on each type of noodle and then recipes by the nation. I have gotten thru about half of them and I will finish them all. I have my favorites but havent yet had one be "unsubmitworthy."
You can buy all 5 noodle books like I did or just buy this one...you will not need another.

The Shun Lee Cookbook
The Shun Lee Cookbook
by Michael Tong
55 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Food Great Place, February 9, 2009
This review is from: The Shun Lee Cookbook (Hardcover)
Shun Lee Dynasty on Est 55 has been my favorite Chinese restaurent since 1975. I have eaten there on business lunch every other day for 2 years. The chef would try new things on us. Mock duck pie (not sure of real name) is a vegetarian (and I amnot) dish that is served the same as Peking DUck with Mandarin Pancake, hoisin sauce and green onion and it is wonderful. Their fried dumplings are the best. Hack chicken a sechuan shrimps are house favorites here. They had several recipes printed in NYT in the 70's...priceless. This cookbook is a neccessary addition to my Chinese collection.

Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Version 11 [OLD VERSION]
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Version 11 [OLD VERSION]
11 used & new from $15.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Studio Ultimate is over the top, July 27, 2007
I have been using earlier versions of Pinnacle Studio doing video editing and DVD production. It was not without some difficult spots along the way. BUT, Ultimate Version 11 is knock your socks off improved. I have been using it for 2 months now and find no faults. On the contrary. It purrs. There are so many improvements and added features that I am not going to even try to list them. I shoot mini-dv with two Sony DCR VX-2100. That gives me great footage. At end of day, I use Ultimate to capture onto an external drive and I can start editing. I do voice over live at the edit and the program's new voice over feature works very well and it is easy to equalize with the camera audio. Here is a neat thing: I have recorded "room sound" in the shop and lay it down on the 2nd audio track. I then mix it with the voice over which is "too clean". So many things like this can be done in Studio Ultimate. I have been video producer for 27 years and for the first 20 used NYC video studios. They could do anything but for $600 plus an hour. It is nice to be able to do it all and better (DV digital) at very low cost. If the price is so low that it is a turn off -- beware. Studio Ultimate can do most everything the more expensive programs can do. One suggestion: increase your rom memory to 2 meg or more if you can. The editing will go faster.

Real Cruel Sea
Real Cruel Sea
by Richard Woodman
16 used & new from $41.60

4.0 out of 5 stars The Other Cruel Sea, August 19, 2006
This review is from: Real Cruel Sea (Hardcover)
We hear and see a lot of WWII as an important part of our history. A lot of very good men and women lost their lives in those action filled years. The numbers of people, planes, ships tanks and everything was enormous. What we forget about is the part the merchant marines played in the total war effort. They were attempting to cross t he Atlantic to supply England with war materials for a couple of years before we entered the war. The number of merchant ships and men lost is staggering. We pride ourselves with our ability to make new "Victory ships" but we need to remember that they were replacing ships that went down with everything and everybody.

The Other Cruel Sea is the right title for this book. It chronicals so very well the merchant marine struggles. For example, can you imagine a one hundred ship convoy with ships that burn coal and wood trying to keep up with more modern ships that were themselves so very slow. It was a shooting heyday for the German wolf packs...not dissimilar to the pac games on the computer, except these were real ships and real men. This is not a work of fiction. But the fact is, the real story is a vibrant one and makes for good reading...and an important collection of real life and death chapters.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars very compact, September 21, 2005
I purchased one of these and one of the larger 3ccd cameras. I have been pleasantly surprised to find out that this "number 2" camera delivers video images that can be cut into the other camera's material without any differences in quality. Both extremely good. I do professional DVD's and amazed at what these two cameras can and do deliver. They far surpass old Sony DXC327