Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for 8ideas > Reviews

Browse

8ideas' Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

8ideas "Jeff" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Organic Broccoli Sprouting Seeds - 4 Oz - Handy Pantry Brand - Edible Seed, Gardening, Hydroponics, Microgreens, Growing Salad Sprouts & Food Storage- Brocolli Sprouts Contain Sulforaphane
Offered by Living Whole Foods
Price: $11.19
7 used & new from $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Beautiful Healthy Broccoli Sprouts, April 21, 2016
Love the look of the seeds. And knowing they were organic. And feeling the roots growing through the bottom holes of the small sprouting box (after soaking). And the changing seed color and smells right before the beginning of sprouting. Then the sprouting upright and changing colors from light white to green when shown the light. And finally Standing upright tips above tops of the sprouting box. And the fun of putting the whole box in the fridge and plucking and eating the cooled broccoli sprouts out of the box. Or Mixing with toast tofu or honey and tea Knowing these live potent sprouts were somehow possibly healing for me. Thanks Handy Pantry. The right amount at an ok price.

Eiko FML27/27 27W Fml 2700K GX10q-4 Base Fluorescent,
Eiko FML27/27 27W Fml 2700K GX10q-4 Base Fluorescent,
Offered by Sale Stores
Price: $8.14
8 used & new from $4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Works! Replacement Lamp bulb sharper image S1412 desktop spectrum lamp, March 5, 2016
I was searching for a replacement Lamp bulb for the older Sharper Image desktop bright as day full spectrum desk lamp model #s1412. The original bulb was Mitsubishi FML27EX/N. And lasted about 15 years. Confirming a previous reviewer, this bulb works! Softer light but works with the dimmer switch like original. Crucial. Was not easy to find. Thanks Amazon. And especially thanks to the reviewer who specified the sharper image model #.

Source Naturals Metabolic C, 500mg, 90 Capsules
Source Naturals Metabolic C, 500mg, 90 Capsules
Price: $6.64
14 used & new from $6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars I Keep Buying Metabolic C, February 20, 2016
I Keep Buying Metabolic C -and combine it with other brands with higher dose or time release -as part of a regular somewhat high dose C regime which I've identified over the years as having a number of varying noticeable positive health effects for me (and part of an evolving overall herbal and plant based whole foods diet.) I'm not certain but my thought is the metabolic C is absorbed for sure and if I didn't take it I might look for other Cs brands - and dose and frequency. On the other hand I might not take metabolic C alone. Possibly expense or the thought of combining best of several approaches - buffering bio-flavonoids - for effectiveness and economics. Whatever. It's been a regular part of my program since I found out about the absorption issue. Ergo. The review.

Make Me (with bonus short story Small Wars): A Jack Reacher Novel
Make Me (with bonus short story Small Wars): A Jack Reacher Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Rambo and Not The X Files, February 8, 2016
Slow to get into but Reacher is a character worth sticking with. He often finds himself in some apparently ordinary situation in which regular small town folk are being taken advantage of. And this very slow to reveal tale follows that theme, except this town is linked to a very broad high tech criminal network that transforms the philosophically complex topic of suicide into crimes that are vile and extreme like an X file requiring a "Rambo" Reacher operation. It was interesting to see Reacher get involved with a woman and to follow "two of them" thinking "that way" to solve the problem and to experience their relationship. Unexpected story. Unexpected topic. Thoughtful link to the "dark side" of human nature.

The Sprout House Broccoli Certified Organic Non-gmo Seeds for Sprouting 8 Ounces - 1/2 Pound
Offered by The Sprout House
Price: $16.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Potent Powerhouse in tiny tiny form, December 9, 2015
Mung beans sprout for me no matter what I do. Beautifully, quickly, crunchy, fresh and delicious. Broccoli sprouts take longer, require of me more mindfulness of pace and focus. And mimicking the store bought broccoli sprouts that grows in a container with a seed grow pad, I've at this point in time had best reliable success using the "paper towel method" in a small container. They tasted a little spicy. Which I hadn't expected. But similar enough to the store bought to reassure me that I'd been chewing on broccoli sprouts. I ate them in the morning along with a few nibbles of mung bean sprout. And felt an improvement in mood and energy. Checked to see if I'd had my tea or coffee yet. No. Next day the same effect. And then again. Is it the sprouts? I think it's the sprouts. Yup. It's the sprouts. And the broccoli sprouts may be a crucial aspect of it all. Sprouts have further fine tuned my late life path of nutrition and lifestyle. I've just reordered these organic broccoli sprouts since my last batch is beginning to sprout and I want their green in my winter.
Comment Comment | Permalink

All Natural Stevia Powder - No fillers, Additives or Artificial Ingredients of Any Kind - Highly Concentrated Stevia Extract Sugar Substitute (10g)
Offered by Wholesale Health Connection
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously Sweet., June 6, 2015
Unexpectedly deliciously sweet. So far tiny amounts sweeten my black coffee and teas light and dark perfectly. One reason I tried this was because it has no added ingredients to help bind or dissolve. But that got me wondering about how this is processed. It's sweet. It dissolves. Tiny amounts do the job. It's the one I go for. Though I still use my other favorite brand of stevia for many foods and drinks. How do they do it?

There Is a Cure for Diabetes, Revised Edition: The 21-Day+ Holistic Recovery Program
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary. Brilliant. A Challenge. Must Read, November 30, 2014
Outstanding, thoughtful, filled with data and most notably a potential "alternative" addition to the Esselstyn program and to a lesser degree the Ornish program for -reversing- heart disease. Although Dr Cousens focus is on reversing diabetes which he shows can be accomplished rapidly in a disease thought to be absolutely fixed in its progression (see also Joel Fuhrman) many of the heart indicators ( as well as blood sugar) are improved radically as well. If I read it right and recall it correctly even to a greater extent than Esselstyn reports for his program. (Though Dr Cousens did not measure changes and improvement in blood flow in the heart or report verbal reports of changes in Angina)The potential alternatives or additions or modifications to the Esselstyn approach and Ornish "undo" program both of whom I believe have revolutionized modern medicine and our understanding of heart disease, would be the inclusion of raw foods and algeas ie spirulina, and the high absorption green drink and smoothie, Esselstyn believes chewing food is very important here and it appears bans them for heart disease patients) most importantly the inclusion of nuts with their saturated fats and high calories directly or for dressings soups etc. Nuts are absolutely excluded in the Esselstyn and In Ornishes "Reversal Diet." Finally it seems to me lurking in the background is the whole issue of "calorie restriction". And it's impact on diabetes and heart disease. I haven't counted and I know Ornish recommends ad lib eating and losing weight but do vegans and vegetarians who follow these guidelines eat less? I highly recommend reading dr Cousens books along with dr joel Fuhrman on diabetes reversal and possibly heart disease. And of course absolutely check out the data and work and videos of dean Ornish and dr ️Esselstyn as well.

Damages Season 1
Damages Season 1
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Glen Close War Agsinst Evil, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Damages Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Drama, Glen Cose acting_all acting, nerve racking conspiracy, very flawed "by any means necessary "good guys", relentless surprise and pragmatism in the war against the super corrupt_evil. Can't wait to get back to where I left off. Like a good book. (Up to the middle of season 1-2)

Fashion Pet Lookin Good Arctic Fleece Boots for Dogs, Medium, Black
Fashion Pet Lookin Good Arctic Fleece Boots for Dogs, Medium, Black
Price: $7.43
26 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hallelujah! It Works. They Stay On! She's Happy and Strutting, January 26, 2014
Hallelujah! It Works. THEY STAY ON! This miniature poodle is Happy and Strutting again. Kicking stuff in the snow and signaling me to play. Strutting with treat in her mouth on hot salted pavement. Jumping up and down like a pogo stick. I could tell they might work when I put them on. They fit perfectly and The Velcro strap wrapped real tight around her ankle. Mushers wax helped but these best buy booties stopped the pain and limping and made 20 degree cold and snow fun again. I previously had a small expensive leather pair for my toy poodle that always came off. So I'm jumping for joy that these stay on (her paw is wide with a nice angle to the ankle) And they did Not flip around. The bottom pad stayed where it belonged on the bottom. On entering my house I checked her feet. Yes they where still all there. I didn't have to go outside looking for one that she field goal kicked across the street. Took her about 10 minutes to get used to them and accept and strut. Thanks Amazon for super fast delivery. SUNDAY. Made my day.

The Tao of Tea, Osmanthus Oolong Tea, Loose Leaf, 2.5 Ounce Tin
The Tao of Tea, Osmanthus Oolong Tea, Loose Leaf, 2.5 Ounce Tin
Price: $7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Osmanthus _ not getting it. I'll try again., January 14, 2014
Can't figure out what this is. Does not taste, feel or effect as any of the teabag oolongs I've enjoyed_prince if peace, triple leaf. I tried brief research but not sure what it is. Is it a green oolong. Seems a boxed in thing. No roasty toasty nasal. A bit "thick"? Might have made me sleepy. I'm keeping to try again in various settings. But in no rush. Unlike Tao if teas 500 mile chai and their Dragonwell green which I love and try to get to every day. The Dragonwell was a very beautiful surprise. I'd been heavy into Gunpowder green. And now -white silver needle makes all other whites put on hold. You know what I'm going to try it again right now. I've not been getting the flavor profile that it's known for.*just tried it again and had a similar but more aware experience. Apparently "oolongs can vary from green to darker to dark. The production process for oolongs is somewhat more involved than for black or green teas. The level of oxidation varies widely, with subjective estimates of the level of oxidation ranging from 10% to 75%. The level of roast also varies widely, independently of the level of oxidation. Oolong can be dark in color either due to greater oxidation, or greater roast." Well I guess I prefer the darker "wuyi" region oolongs at this moment of time. I would not buy this again. The analogy to jasmine green tea doesn't work for me. Though the green dragon Tao of tea caught my eye. But again the reviews weren't that encouraging.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4