Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for Teahouse Fox > Reviews

Browse

Teahouse Fox's Profile

Customer Reviews: 183

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Teahouse Fox "...and this is my favorite store on the Internet!" RSS Feed (MD, United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
90 Magnetic Push Pins (Black/Green/Blue) - Perfect Magnets for Maps, Whiteboards, Filling Cabinets and Refrigerators
Offered by Bull City Solutions
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for crafts to insert into custom white board pieces., December 30, 2015
I bought these for a project which involved creating custom magnets from heavy weight card stock. I used these little guys sandwiched between the layers of cardstock, and they are small enough to fit, while powerful enough to hold up the cardstock pieces when placed on their sides. This would be a great idea for teachers who use a magnetic whiteboard and want to create colorful custom board pieces for use as a learning tool. You could probably also do the same with light weight cloth and sew, or fabric glue, small items together to insert the magnets into and place on the board.

KONG Jumbler Ball Toy, Large/X-Large (colors may vary)
KONG Jumbler Ball Toy, Large/X-Large (colors may vary)
Price: $12.76
19 used & new from $11.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant toy that plays to it's own faults, December 10, 2015
This awesome toy is made to be broken. Hang in there for a moment while I explain.

I have a dog that destroys everything he's given. I used to be upset or frustrated by it, until I came to think of him as a printer. You buy a printer, and you know you have to give it power. But in order for it to still work, you need to keep giving it paper. And eventually, toner, or ink. Toys are like toner for your dog. Expect them to be destroyed and hopefully last long enough to justify the cost.

My Barkspawn, a border collie, destroys toys. Gel Kongs are his specialty, and every one of them splits at the seams after he's had it for less than a week. And with this one, that's OK. It's a fetch toy, it's a squeaky toy, it's got a toy surprise inside. It's like Kong finally gave in and admitted that their Gel/Squeeeze line of toys is just destined to be destroyed, and some brilliant soul had the idea to put another toy inside it. I recommend, if you've got a toy-slayer, getting the size larger than your dog might be classified as. It'll slow him down. I give The Barkspawn, a 35Lb border collie, the large/x-large.

1) A Squeaker Toy. The handles are sturdy, but when your dog gets a grip on the side, there is a squeaker in the body that he'll enjoy squeaking. Blissfully, this lasts for only 1-7 days, after which, The Barkspawn has rendered the squeaker useless by breaking the seal, or the squeaker itself. Otherwise, it's like a hyperactive toddler with a very noisy toy.

2) A Fetch Toy! The Barkspawn is an OCD fetch addict. He will fetch whatever he can put in his mouth, The Jumbler has two heavy duty handles, so even if the large seems huge on a medium dog, he's still running this thing around like a loon throwing at my feet to demand it be thrown again.

3) A Toy Surprise! There's a Kong tennis ball inside. The Barkspawn can see it. He KNOWS he can get it. Just...knows. He has spent SEVEN MONTHS trying to. A dog toy that lasts seven whole months is something of an accomplishment around here. Sure, it doesn't look pretty anymore, he's torn the one flap off it, and it no longer squeaks (Oh,thankyouGod), but he runs around with his snout in the hole alternately trying to get at the tennis ball, or asking you to throw it for him. If he gets the ball out, put it back in. If he gets the ball out and destroys it, put a new tennis ball in. In fact, put two...it drove the Barkspawn NUTS.

This thing is brilliant. We're on the third one. I have the fourth one in the pantry ready to go, but he's lost no interest in the dinged up, squeakerless, de-tennis balled old one. It's his favorite toy.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Galaxy S4 Case, S4 Case - ULAK Hybrid 9 Cards Slot Magnetic PU Leather Folio Wallet Case Flip Cover Dual Layer Card Holder w/ Wrist Strip for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV i9500 (Purple)
Offered by Pandamimi-The Great ULAK Case Company
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice wallet-style case, but check the handstrap before you use it!, November 20, 2015
My last case was also a wallet style, but only allowed for 3-4 cards before it no longer closed correctly. After a couple years, I switched to this one which has an additional internal flap for 5 more cards, as well as three internal pockets. Mind you, the internal pockets are really for tucking the odd receipt, tickets, or holding a couple of bills. If you have the wallet fully stocked with cards and phone, the pockets won't be holding much, but the magnet closure will stay put. The clip that holds the phone fits snugly, but it's glued securely to the back of the wallet, so the wallet won't function as a stand for your phone.

The handstrap looked a little wobbly when I got it, with the rivet loose and the hole punched in the strap for the rivet too close to the end of the material. When the rivet came apart a couple weeks later, I didn't lose the pieces, just removed the rivet halves, cut off the end with the bad hole in it, and made it more secure by doubling one end of the strap over the other when I reattached it to the hardware. Made new holes and re-set the rivet with a pair of pliers and it's been solid ever since.

Norton Online Backup 2.0 - 1 User / 25GB [Old Version]
Norton Online Backup 2.0 - 1 User / 25GB [Old Version]
Offered by Astronautical
Price: $31.95
9 used & new from $14.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Really, Norton?, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Peter Norton must cringe when he sees this stuff.

He sold his software company to Symantec years ago, but it still carries his name. Unfortunately. I wonder if he runs into people at parties who complain about Norton products and quickly, replies "Oh, sorry to hear, but no relation to me!" Norton used to make useful software that made your computer easier to work with, and was worth the price.

Can't say that about Norton Online Backup. I got it for my mother's laptop. She keeps important files on it, documents and pictures, and doesn't back it up. Ever. I thought this would be a good option, but I have a problem with a product that costs the better part of $50 and only backs up 25GB. Its nice that she can install it on her desktop as well, but nothing about it made me want to give up SOS Online Backup that I use on my own computers.

It was easy to install, all wizard based and went fairly quickly. What didn't happen quickly is the backups. I never had occasion to try and restore her files, so I can't speak to that.

For $50, I'd rather buy her a 1TB WD Passport USB 3.0 drive, set up a scheduled task on her computer using Robocopy to synchronize or copy all her documents to folders on the drive daily at 11:00pm, and tell her to plug it in and leave it overnight anytime she wants to back up her stuff.

ECO-FUSED Handmade Faux Leather Classic Book Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 S Iv I9500 also includes 1 Short Stylus and 1 Eco-Fused Microfiber Cleaning Cloth (Encyclopedia/black)
Offered by ECO-FUSED
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but poorly executed., April 6, 2015
It's a great idea, and I really like the style of the book jacket. The problem is that the case inside the 'book' could not clip onto my phone correctly. It popped off even as you tried to put it on, and would never stay put. Almost as if the edges of the clip needed to be a tad wider to actually grip the phone. Beyond that, there was no means of keeping the 'book' closed. I had planned on working around that by adding a strap to the case to secure it closed, but since it failed in it's primary purpose (to hold a phone inside the case for protection) I never bothered to do that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2015 10:09 PM PDT

Gigablock Continuous Ink System for Epson Artisan 710 725 810 and 835 All-in-One Printer Related Cartridge T098120 T098220 T098320 T098420 T098520 T098620
Offered by Gigablockshop
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $53.50

5.0 out of 5 stars No more wasting expensive clogged Epson ink catridges!, March 11, 2015
I know many people probably bought this because they print a lot, but it's awesome for me, and I print just a little.

I had my Artisan 810 for over two years and was becoming annoyed by the self-destruct mechanism built into the (very) expensive ink cartridges. I don't print continuously. It's not unusual for my printer to sit for a month unused before I crank it up again. The OEM Epson ink cartridges would be clogged and useless if they sat idle that long. I couldn't believe how many times I had to run a head cleaning, wasting more ink, before it would start printing again. It seems like every other time I turned it on, it wanted more ink.

After seeing the problems others had, I found this item in a Youtube video and decided to try it. It worked perfectly in my 2009 Epson Artisan 810; I did not cut the lid, but carefully routed the line past the lid hinge to the back of the printer. That seems to work.

Best thing? Even though my printer is off for weeks, when I turn it on, the CISS has never clogged once. I haven't had to do a head cleaning since installing it. It just works every time. In case, I had bought an optional kit to route waste ink (generated by over printing and head cleaning) out to a container, but I never installed it, since I've not had to do a head cleaning.

Allsop Cupertino Mouse Pad
Allsop Cupertino Mouse Pad
Price: $14.99
52 used & new from $9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Let's be 100% honest - the tracking surface is absolute crap. However..., January 7, 2015
I bought this mousepad (the hex design) in the local Microcenter. I liked the idea of a plexiglass rigid backing with a foam grip bottom, and I loved using it. For about a month.

Over that time, the tracking surface slowly rubbed away and became a uniform cloudy white that optical mice just could not deal with. Tracking became slow, until at the end of the month, I'd turned up the sensitivity on the mouse to compensate for the absolutely horrible tracking as much as I could. For gaming, or fine graphic work, this is a very bad mouse pad.

I was annoyed by it until I found a micro thin 3M sticky backed mouse pad. Slapped that puppy right on top of the Allsop, essentially re-surfacing the awful material with something that loves optical mice, and [took far longer to wear out than just a] month.

Now I love it again.

But out of the box, that surface is crap. Unless you really want that rigid backing, just cut to the chase and get the 3M pad, which sticks to any non-porous surface, but is re-positionable, and has great tracking.

==UPDATE==
Well, I still have this mouse pad, but my resurface material needed replacing after about three months of constant gaming use. I got a new 3M sticky mouse pad to replace the old one, and I'm still using the Allsop as the base. Not a perfect solution, but I like it.

Galaxy S4 Case, Spigen Slim Armor View Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - SF Smooth Black (SGP10343)

3.0 out of 5 stars I should have loved it longer. BUT...., December 11, 2014
I loved this case.

It is slim, tough, kind to the built in camera, fits snug and secure (more on that in a moment). It has a roll on the clip that fits around the frame of the phone, elevating the surface and allowing you to place the phone in its open case face down without scratching.

The s-view window is handy and a convenience that was the first thing that drew me to this case. It has, when completely closed, survived multiple 4+ foot drops, with no harm to the phone. If, however, the case is open, the slender hinge and clasp take brutal damage.

It was the clasp that snapped off first on my phone case. After that, every fall was an open case fall. Pro: thephone survived every single fall. Con: eventually this pricey case could not be secured in the closed position.

Now, should you say, "But Tea! The case did what it was designed to do! It fell on its sword in service to your more expensive phone!", I must reply:

"Yes. And it looked really good doing it. But, I could get that kind of peotection from a $6 Toru style wallet case, lacking the S view window, and the high price."

Would I buy it again? Yes. If it was at a better price point. Already the Toru that replaced it has lasted far longer.

Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch, Black (US WARRANTY)
Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch, Black (US WARRANTY)
Price: $99.00
390 used & new from $64.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate for 6 weeks, until it died without warning. I am not a happy camper., October 27, 2014
I have enjoyed my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, and the S Health app, and wanted to replace my activity tracker with the compatible Gear Fit. It was a little touchy to connect, as it requires not just Bluetooth, but also NFC to be enabled on the phone. You will have to download an additional app to get it to connect, and to sync you must also create a Samsung account. I was not fond of this, since I don't need yet another account where I have to deal with the privacy settings of my health app on the Samsung social network.

I generally got about 2 and a half days use out of it before needing to charge it again. The device comes with a charger and a teeny snap on cradle that you use to charge it by plugging in a micro USB cable. I have also charged it on a PC USB port.

Once I got it syncing, I had it recording steps (you have to manually start the pedometer). I wore the Gear Fit during weekdays to track my steps at work on a huge corporate compound. I also carried my phone much of the time, and I would compare the two pedometers, only to find them wildly off. The app will take the higher of these two numbers and record that when they sync. It also would randomly take my heart rate, which I thought was useful.

There is a pause mode for the pedometer which you'll need as the device is very sensitive, and while walking and looking at it, I saw that it recorded double or triple steps when I took only one. I would pause it on the drive home so that it would not think I'd walked another few hundred steps while seated in the car for half an hour.

I was kind of living with the quirks until this Sunday when I decided to take it on a walk instead of taking my phone, and it came out of the charge cradle at 100% battery power, then shut itself off and would not power back on. I reinserted it in the charge cradle 2-3 times until I got a screen on, then went on to my walk. By the time I returned an hour later, the device was down to 78% charge.

I took it off, and did some other things, and came back 2 hours later to see it was at 15% charge. I put it back in the cradle, on the original charger, and it wouldn't charge. I changed to a different Samsung charger, and checked it a few minutes later - 13% charge. I put it on a USB port on my PC and 15 mins. later, it was at 2%.

Samsung offered to take it back and replace it, in two weeks. Amazon offered an 80% refund since it was past the 30 day return window. Rather than deal with Samsung replacing a brand new item with a refurb that I had zero confidence would work better, I took Amazon up on the 80% refund.

Had the Gear Fit integrated better with S Health, and had it's performance been what I have come to expect of Samsung in the past several years, I would have tried a replacement. But not this. I'm still happy with my Galaxy S 4 phone, but this was a waste of time, and now I'm out $30.

Gee, thanks Samsung. In the future, if you are going to have your customers pay to beta test your not-ready-for-prime-time stuff, please ensure it dies within 30 days so we can at least get all our money back.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2015 2:34 AM PST

TunePhonik Bluetooth Stereo Headphones On-ear Wireless Headset
TunePhonik Bluetooth Stereo Headphones On-ear Wireless Headset
Offered by Aleratec
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, simple bluetooth headset for cellphone/audio, but Windows is a pain (pardon the pun), May 7, 2014
My last foray into Bluetooth headsets was so disappointing, I admit I was not willing to shell out $100 or more to be so disappointed again. I'm happy to say that with the TunePhonik iBT, I was pleasantly surprised, both by the quality and the price. I was asked to review this device on behalf of the manufacturer, and was provided a preview version of the headset for this purpose.

Unboxing
=========
It's a fairly simple headset, which charges using a USB cable that you can run off a PC port or standard charger. It doesn't take long to charge up. In the box I received the headset, an audio cable for a wired headset/mic connection and a micro USB charge cable. The headset has an on/off button, a micro USB port for charging, a tiny pin-hole status light next to a pair of small buttons marked + and -.

Setup
========
Put your audio source in discover mode and with the headset off, press and hold the on/off button until the tiny light by the buttons flashes red and blue alternately. As long as your timing of this is right, the unit should be picked up quickly as the "LB918". Windows reports the device has the following Bluetooth (v3.0) services:

Audio Sink
Handsfree Telephony
Headset
Remote Control
Remotely Controllable Device
(HFP 1.5, A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.0)

On a cellphone: Connecting to my Android phone was easy, and the sound was very good. The fit might seem snug to some, but the earpieces have good cushioning, and I found it comfortable. The headband is also cushioned, and the earpieces extend about an inch lower on each side. The headset also folds in on itself. Not a compact fold, but enough that you could tuck them into a bag easily for a trip.

On a PC: Windows does have an annoying issue, and it's actually a Windows problem, not a problem with the headset. Connecting to my phone the audio is perfect. Connecting to my computer, sometimes Windows uses a low quality audio service that sounds, at best, like a radio. From 1945. In a war zone. When this happens, you have to remove the device in Windows and re-add it. As far as I can tell there were several complaints online about the Bluetooth audio connection in Windows 7 and 8, for any headset.

::FIX:: Under Bluetooth, Show Bluetooth Devices, and view the Properties for the headset. Under the Services tab, UNcheck "Handsfree Telephony" if it is checked. If it is NOT checked, check it. It's stupid, I know, but it forces Windows to reassociate the better audio service for Bluetooth headsets. For some reason, the BT service in Windows tries to use the lowest quality audio when it reconnects. Checking or unchecking seems to cause Windows to reapply the right audio quality. The if the service is unchecked, the headset microphone will still work, and I have it configured as the default communication device.

When Windows connects correctly, the sound is great, and I used it for four hours or so at work before I left for a meeting and set them to charge. The + and - buttons don't increase or decrease the volume, in spite of the markings. Instead, while playing audio using the Amazon Cloud Player, it switched between tracks in the play list. They could have used a < and > on the buttons instead since that would cover either volume or tracks.

So, bottom line, I think these are great for cell phone audio for those who want an over-the-ear wireless headset, and I use mine daily. Through no fault of it's own, it's problematic in Windows - check/uncheck that one Bluetooth profile for the device and your audio will be great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19