Profile for Outta Control > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 327

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Outta Control RSS Feed (Houston, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sagaform 5016549 Stoneware Taste Serving Set, Large
Sagaform 5016549 Stoneware Taste Serving Set, Large
Price: $64.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great, July 2, 2014
This is a difficult one to review. It was out of stock when I ordered it and there were no reviews.

The packaging of the item by the manufacturer was so poor, I cannot imagine anyone receiving one that is not damaged. Mine was broken.

Not taking the breakage into consideration, the item itself was not that great. The ceramic is thin and brittle. The four bowls do not sit well on the bamboo base. I expected them to look like the picture. They fit very loosely on the base and because of this, they can easily clank together. That is not a good thing with the quality of the bowls.

I gave it three stars because I really, really liked the colors.

Anchor Hocking TrueSeal Glass Storage Container - Round - 7 cups - Purple
Anchor Hocking TrueSeal Glass Storage Container - Round - 7 cups - Purple
Offered by Golda's Kitchen
Price: $9.72
2 used & new from $9.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, July 2, 2014
Great bowls for taking food on the go.

I have thrown out more money than I care to admit on plastic storage containers. A lot of the plastic containers state they do not stain...and they do. Tomato soup or spaghetti sauce does them in ever time. They say they are microwave safe and after a couple months, there are pock marks in the inside of the container. Did I just eat plastic?

I purchased some glass containers at one of those high end kitchen stores. They worked just as I had hoped. The downside was the cost. To get as many as I wanted would have required a second mortgage.

The price on these is fair and they are holding up well. No stains and they are great in the microwave.

EG-TECH®Laptop Computer Messenger Bags (Purple)
EG-TECH®Laptop Computer Messenger Bags (Purple)
Offered by EG-TECH
Price: $29.91
2 used & new from $29.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, July 2, 2014
I do not normally write a review so soon after receiving it. I usually like to give it a good workout first.

My first impression is that the quality is excellent for the price point. The material seems very sturdy. The zippers work smoothly and there is just enough room for what I need to carry for work. My last case was way too big and too heavy. This one is just about perfect. It holds my laptop, mouse and a handful of odds and ends.

The purple color is dark; just what I like. I am so disappointed when the picture looks purple and the actual item is lilac or plum or magenta. This is a true royal purple.

Right now, I am as pleased as I could ever be. If it does not hold up over time, I will update my review.

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25, Black Tea & Blackberry
Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25, Black Tea & Blackberry
Price: $7.50
12 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time purchasing this item, June 4, 2014
This is my second time purchasing this item. It just works. Even though there is not much full fledged winter here in East Texas, this item keeps your lips from cracking and bleeding

Vitafusion CoQ10 Gummy Vitamins, 200 Mg, 60 Count
Vitafusion CoQ10 Gummy Vitamins, 200 Mg, 60 Count
Offered by OTCRX4U
Price: $16.82
7 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, June 4, 2014
It has become a bit of a chore swallowing vitamins as the years go by. What started with just one pill a day has mushroomed into nearly a dozen and a half.

I never knew they made so many adult vitamins in chewable form.

These are especially great tasting and getting the vitamins down now is much easier.

Carpet CPR Spot & Stain Remover, 24-oz
Carpet CPR Spot & Stain Remover, 24-oz
Offered by CPR Cleaning Products
Price: $9.95
9 used & new from $7.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works well, June 4, 2014
I had a couple difficult stains on the carpet from some spilled cranberry juice. It was blotted up and then cleaned but the stain kept reappearing. This occurred at least three times.

When I was told about this brand I was skeptical.

It surprised me when it took the stain out and it did not come back. I then tried it on a section of carpet that was just a heavy traffic area and it worked on that too.

This is my new go-to product for spot cleaning.

Watts Dormont 30C-3131KIT-48B Complete Gas Range Install Kit 48-Inch Length
Watts Dormont 30C-3131KIT-48B Complete Gas Range Install Kit 48-Inch Length
Price: $27.29
2 used & new from $20.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy as pie, June 4, 2014
Package comes with everything you need to install a new gas range. No need to run to the hardware store and search for additional connections.

My only issue was that my range called for a 60" length and I could not find this same kit in that size. The 48" length is just barely long enough to get behind the appliance when you slide it out to clean behind it.

The tags on the old connector were the same brand. That is a reassuring to know when replacing a gas line.

ElleWeiDeco Decorative Green/purple Dots Chenille Throw Pillow Cover (One Side)
ElleWeiDeco Decorative Green/purple Dots Chenille Throw Pillow Cover (One Side)
Offered by ElleWeiDeco
Price: $15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Material possibly second quality, June 4, 2014
I saw this exact material when purchasing some chairs at the La-Z-Boy store about a year ago. It was a bit too bold for an entire chair but I did like the colors. I ended up getting solid color chairs and when I came across these here on Amazon, they were a great match.

Unfortunately they arrived with small stains all over them. I clearly remember the material was a higher grade fabric that could not be cleaned with any kind of upholstery cleaner so I did not attempt to clean the stains for fear of completely ruining the covers.

The seller was completely non-responsive after I supplied the photos they asked for.

Amazon had to refund under their A-Z Guarantee.

I have been a Prime Member for years and buy most everything I need here. It is so easy. I am thankful for their guarantee policy but I think some of these sellers can sully their reputation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 10:39 AM PDT

EZOPower 6ft Apple Certified 8-Pin Lightning to USB Cable Sync & Charge Data Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C (IOS7 Supported), iPad Air, iPad 4, 5, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5, Nano 7 (Purple)
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They simply work!, May 11, 2014
I am going to echo what so many others have said about this item: IT WORKS.

I have an entire box full of purchases I have made both here on Amazon and on eBay. Most aftermarket charging cables are junk. Sometimes they do not work at all. Other times they may work for a few days or even weeks before they die. Most of these were sold at bargain prices and some shipped directly from China.

I did get lucky with one mid-priced cable that is still working more than two years later. I wanted to buy the same cable with the 8 pin connector but theirs came only in the one meter length. I wanted something longer.

I came across this one by accident and could not believe the number of 5 star reviews. I purchased two of them in purple. When they arrived, I was truly surprised at the quality of the connector ends. They seem to be even better quality than the Apple supplied cable.

I plan on buying more of these both for myself and as gifts. Once you get used to a longer cord, you can't go back.

Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 Table Fan, 10 Inches, Black
Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 Table Fan, 10 Inches, Black
Offered by Easytown Discount Liquidators
Price: $275.00
10 used & new from $275.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade, May 3, 2014
I am a huge fan of Dyson. I love the designs. They are aesthetically pleasing to look at and they do what they are supposed to do.

I have three AM01's, two AM04's and one AM05. The Hot Cool fans are the best portable heaters I have ever owned.

All fans are noisy. There is no getting past that. They all use blades that cut through the air. I never had any complaints with my Dyson fans. I almost never used them above the mid setting.

When I received my AM06, the first thing I noticed was the finish. The ring and base are covered in some kind of rubber or silicone coating. Just the face of the ring is plain plastic. I was not sure I liked it but I believe it was done to reduce noise. I was pretty amazed how quiet it was on the highest setting. The air output is still there.

I loved the tiny remotes on my Hot Cool's and wondered why they did not provide them with their other models. Well, now they do. That makes me very happy.

This one will replace the AM01 that is currently in my office at work. I got the black/nickel model so it will match my all nickel AM05 Hot/Cool that is also in my office.

Before I buy any more fans, I will wait for the 12" rings and some special edition colors. Attention Dyson: PURPLE

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20