Profile for ejhasan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ejhasan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Biochemistry (Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews Series)
Biochemistry (Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews Series)
by Pamela C. Champe
118 used & new from $13.36

3.0 out of 5 stars not clinically relevant, so not a great step 1 board review book, January 19, 2012
The book is well written, but honestly it's focused too much on basic biochemistry mechanisms and not enough on clinical vignettes to be useful as a step 1 board review book. I recommend the lange biochemistry and genetics flash cards if you are looking for a biochem resource that will prepare you well for step 1.

Katzung & Trevor's Pharmacology Examination and Board Review, Ninth Edition (McGraw-Hill Specialty Board Review)
by Anthony Trevor
52 used & new from $6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars First aid under rates this book, January 19, 2012
This book may be slightly too detailed for step 1, but its actually pretty condensed with a lot of good information. I found it a great read to give me a good overview of pharm topics for my med school pharm class. It is also good for step 1, but i would agree that its probably a touch too detailed for step 1... but its definitely not too detailed for pharm class or to prepare you for third and fourth year of med school. I recommend it.

USMLE Step 1 Made Ridiculously Simple (6th Ed.)
USMLE Step 1 Made Ridiculously Simple (6th Ed.)
by Andreas Carl
Price: $23.43
57 used & new from $10.03

3.0 out of 5 stars too "simplified", December 3, 2011
Its ok, but not great. get Step 1 secrets by brown and brown and get first aid. Those are better sources for step 1.

Rapid Review Pathology Revised Reprint: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e
Rapid Review Pathology Revised Reprint: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e
by Edward F. Goljan
145 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing for step 1, December 3, 2011
VERY well written. In a great format. I recommend for class AND step 1. I recommend however that you use it throughout your entire second year. Dont just try to use it after you finish path, use it during path, and then you can re-review it before the boards. This and BRS pathology are both great for the boards. Pretty much an essential resource.

BRS Pathology (Board Review Series)
BRS Pathology (Board Review Series)
by Arthur S. Schneider MD
120 used & new from $2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for step 1, December 3, 2011
I dont really need to write a review for this. you MUST get it for step 1. Its that simple. Its essential for step 1, you have to get it. Theres no question. Also get rapid review pathology, thats great as well.

USMLE Step 1 Secrets, 2nd Edition
USMLE Step 1 Secrets, 2nd Edition
by Thomas Brown
61 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, December 3, 2011
This source is VERY well written. It explains the information its trying to convey very clearly. I cant stress how clear and well written the source is. It''s condensed and tells you important things for step 1, and not extra things you dont need to know. Its not 100% comprehensive however. It's worth getting for step 1, but isnt complete. It lacks photographs of pathology for example. It doesnt have all the pharm information you need. It doesnt have all the micro information you need etc. It probably focuses a bit more on first year material than it does on second year material, which isn't a good thing. Regardless, I definitely recommend this source, like I said its well written and has information you need for step 1. It just doesn't have all the information you need.

Pharmacology Flash Cards, 2e
Pharmacology Flash Cards, 2e
by George M. Brenner PhD
Edition: Cards
64 used & new from $6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not as good as lange, December 3, 2011
These are great, dont get me wrong. But I do think Lange pharm cards are better. These cards are well written, high quality, but I like how lange condenses the material better. These cards many times give a list of side effects, but I dont need to know 20 side effects for each drug, I need to know the 3 most important ones that are going to be asked on step 1. So yes these are good, I don't discourage them, but Lange pharm cards are must for step 1....

Panasonic RP-HJE350-S SLIMZ In-Ear Earbud Headphones (Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good sound but they fall out of my ear!, December 3, 2011
I dont know, maybe its just my ears, but these always seem to fall out of my ears. The sound is great though.

Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple
Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple
by William Trattler
118 used & new from $7.09

4.0 out of 5 stars good, but a little overrated in my opinion, December 3, 2011
So don't get me wrong the book is well written and has good information. But I didnt find it as helpful as BRS micro or Microcards. Clinical micro bio made simple is good, but its also kind of long and wordy. So it's a great read and will teach you microbio, but doesn't condense the information into an easy to study format. At my med school we have pretty good class notes for micro, so I read those, and then used microcards and BRS micro afterwards and that worked. IF I didn't have good class notes, then I WOULD recommend this book to read first, then use microcards and BRS micro afterwards.

Youngstown Glove 08-8450-80-L Waterproof Winter Military Work Glove, Large
Youngstown Glove 08-8450-80-L Waterproof Winter Military Work Glove, Large
Price: $34.99
3 used & new from $27.49

2.0 out of 5 stars umm disappointed, December 3, 2011
So I bought these because wanted a cool pair of gloves. In the picture they look more navy blue than black, but when I got them they were very black and just didnt look as good as in the picture. Not worth the price in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2011 4:50 PM PST