Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for MoofTheStoof > Reviews

Browse

MoofTheStoof's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MoofTheStoof "Started reading Asimov when I was 7 and have been a voracious reader ever since. Taking care of my disabled daughter full time keeps me too busy to sit with a book, so I discovered the joy of audiobooks." RSS Feed (Yellville, AR)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
On Stage TMO8B Threaded Table Microphone Mount
On Stage TMO8B Threaded Table Microphone Mount
Price: $5.95
13 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for replacing the default desk stand with a Blue ..., May 20, 2016
Perfect for replacing the default desk stand with a Blue Snowball USB microphone. I have a tall desk and the default stand was too high. This puts the mic right down at the desk surface.

Apple Watch Band, Penom Fully Magnetic Closure Clasp Mesh Loop Milanese Stainless Steel Bracelet Strap for Apple iWatch Sport & Edition 42mm - Black
Offered by Riega
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars My wrists aren't even that hairy., May 20, 2016
Looks nice, quality seems fine, but every few minutes it would pluck another arm hair. Had to stop wearing it after a bit because it was too irritating.

The Original Gorilla Grip (TM) FELT + RUBBER Non-Slip Area Rug Pad, Made In USA, Available in Many Sizes, For Hard Floors (6' x 9')
Offered by Hills Point Industries
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have if you regret switching to hard floors., January 27, 2016
I have hardwood floors and I've had to buy a few area rugs because the hard floors are destroying my feet. These Gorilla Grip pads are excellent for adding a little cushion and stability. As advertised they don't let the rug move at all. I've purchased two, so far, and will be getting another with the next rug I get. The only caveat is that it can be tricky to trim them because they are very, very thick and tough... which is the point, really.

iPad Mini Kids Case, Snugg™ Shock, Drop & Child Proof Apple iPad Mini 1 / 2 / 3 Case [Lifetime Guarantee] - Pink
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $21.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed for my autistic teenager., January 6, 2016
This thing has saved me so much money. My daughter is non-verbal autistic, and her iPad is her favorite tool/toy. Sometimes she gets irritated, though, and will toss her iPad across the room. I'm not recommending this, or saying that this is what this case is intended to do - all it will take is one bad bounce onto something and I'm sure the screen will get shattered, but so far this thing has saved her iPad from a couple dozen otherwise certain disasters.

CablesOnline, DVI Graphics Card Display GPU Detection Monitor Dummy Plug Adapter, VE-D11
Offered by AZsales
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price for this type of device I found., August 31, 2015
Hooked it into a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter and plugged into the back of a MacMini to improve the ScreenSharing performance on a headless OS X machine.

Sades Stereo 7.1 Surround Pro USB Gaming Headset with Mic Headband Headphone (Black)
Offered by Dazca
Price: $23.98
34 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Would be a bargain at twice the price., May 3, 2015
I've purchased maybe half a dozen Logitech USB headsets in the past and they tended to fail after a few months - usually where the USB cable inserts into the headset. These are much less expensive, sound better (the audio quality is really pretty great) and are way more durable.

ViewSonic VA2265smh 22-Inch SuperClear MVA LED Monitor (Full HD 1080p, HDMI/VGA, Integrated Speakers, Flicker Free)
Price: $109.99
46 used & new from $81.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but needs minor tweak to OS X to unlock full potential., May 3, 2015
Beautiful. I also have an older version of this display (VA2212) connected via DVI to minidisplay and bought this for the other side of my iMac (OS X 10.10.3, currently) so now I have a setup with this VA2265 on one side of my iMac's internal display and the VA2212 on the other. Works beautifully and they're both excellent displays.

Only one thing to be careful of: since the VA2265 has an HDMI port, OS X will think it's a TV and force it into YCbCr colorspace. This makes the display only look "ok" instead of the "amazing" it should be. You'll need to create an EDID override file to force the monitor into RGB colorspace. There's a ruby script floating around the internet with instructions on how to create the override file. Just Google "force RGB ruby patch-edid.rb" and you'll find what you need.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2016 1:39 PM PST

Bosch Season 1
Bosch Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cop drama., February 20, 2015
This review is from: Bosch Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Extremely well written and engaging. Can't wait for season 2.

PNY StorEDGE 128GB Flash Memory Expansion Module (P-MEMEXP128U1-EF)
PNY StorEDGE 128GB Flash Memory Expansion Module (P-MEMEXP128U1-EF)
Offered by InStock Group
Price: $109.43
9 used & new from $74.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs as intended, but beware the initial formatting., December 9, 2013
I have a 120GB SSD boot drive, and the StoreEDGE plus Carbon Copy Cloner means I have always have a bootable clone drive handy that's never more than a day old. Also, the flush, made-for-macbook form factor is nice and unobtrusive if you have to move your MacBook a lot.

So it performs excellently, but it did come with one minor problem. Despite specifically being marketed toward "MacBooks" and the package explicitly saying "Mac Formatted," the flash drive arrived in ExFAT format evidently from a Windows XP machine, which means when I tried to format it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) I ran into the "read-only" bug that Macs have with ExFAT drives from XP machines. It was locked into a read-only mode and my disk utility refused to do anything to it. After hours of research I found that I had to either take it to a Windows machine to reformat it (none within my sphere of friends and family) or I had to boot from an OS X Installer DVD and reformat it from there. My MacBook is too new for DVDs, so eventually I found I could use a bootable thumb drive with the Mavericks installer - but only after hours of frustration and research. Everything is good now, but I wasn't too thrilled at what I had to go through to make it good.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2015 8:35 AM PDT

Men Style Clear Black Lens Polarized Sports Sunglasses
Men Style Clear Black Lens Polarized Sports Sunglasses
Offered by uxcell
Price: $11.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality/price ratio., October 19, 2013
The frame is a tad bendy, and the hinges are very tight (at least initially) so you have to be careful not to push the bows closed too fast or too hard or you could bend the frame, but the lenses are crystal clear, they fit even a 2x head like mine, and the price is definitely right.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3