Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Chad's Opinion > Reviews

Browse

Chad's Opinion's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chad's Opinion RSS Feed

Pioneer In-Dash Double DIN Car Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth, FH-X700BT
Pioneer In-Dash Double DIN Car Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth, FH-X700BT
Offered by Sound of Tri-State Inc
Price: $134.04
23 used & new from $93.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all it's rated to be, August 13, 2014
I don't usually write reviews but I will on this one because I have mixed reviews on it. First off I installed myself which I've never done before and that part was really easy. You really need to make sure that you get the correct wiring harness and from their just connect the colors using wire butt connectors and that's pretty much it. You will have a external microphone that you will need to plug in back of stereo and then hide the wire and I used double sided tape to put on steering wheel column. Now, let's talk about the operation of the radio.

Things I like about the radio.
1. Great fit inside my double din opening (2000 Toyota Tundra) which did not require and type of face plate. Blends great with no open space on the sides.
2. Really like how you have so many options of background colors to choose from.
3. Bluetooth works excellent! Connected my phone to radio with no problems what so ever. Crystal clear on sound and clarity playing my music and hearing people when using the phone feature. Everyone says that I'm very clear. Really nice feature about the radio that I enjoy more than anything is the bluetooth.
4. Not used the USB port yet, but will use to charge my phone in the future and nice feature to have for using little mp3 players or flash drives.

Now for the dislikes.
1. Way to Bright!! I've read this in a lot of the reviews and can't agree more. Very distracting at night. When the radio is not in use it's still lit up and theirs no way to dim them or turn off. The problem is mainly the side bars. Considering using black hobby paint to paint side bars to tone it down. Their is only a dimmer function that says on or off and theirs not much difference between the two honestly. Really wish that it had about three levels of dimming to it like other radios. Pretty big problem to me and really drove me to wanting to write the review. If I had it to do over, it would be a deal breaker had I seen how bright it actually is.
2. Unit over all looks on the cheap side. Just plastic looking a little to much for my taste.
3. Features are hidden behind pushing big button in and scrolling through features and having to hit the over button and turn dial some more and hit the over button....lol No joke. Mess with these features while vehicle is parked because It's a lot of button pushing and hitting the over button to do something simple.
4. Another issue to me that would be a deal breaker had I known beforehand, is the signal strength of the radio is not as good as the stock head unit. I listen to a few of the same stations all the time and never had problems with one coming in until I switched to this unit. It cuts in and out in areas that it never had before. I believe this unit is for playing your own music more than just surfing the radio channels (my opinion).
5. I feel like in order to get the radio to sound good you have to mess with the equalizer feature quit a bit. Now this is coming from someone in their mid 30's, so to some this would not be a big deal. Your not going to just hook it up and it sound good out of the box.

My overall opinion is that it's a decent radio for the price, but I would not recommend it to someone or buy it again if I had it to do over. This unit is for someone that's into cruising the strip and while parked watching everyone go by you can have a light show feature to occupy yourself and friends. Probably would have liked it more when I was high school aged than I do now. These are features this radio really drives home and it's something I will never use. To bright, and not enough signal strength for local radio stations are my biggest complaints. These are my honest opinions of this radio and I hope it helps you! Take a look around and see what else is out there possibly for a little more money is my advice. Happy shopping!!

Nokia C3-00 Unlocked Cell Phone (Slate) with QWERTY, Dedicated E-mail Key, 2 MP Camera, Media Player, WLAN, and MicroSD Slot
12 used & new from $39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but a little work for the AT&T users!!, April 15, 2011
First off I love the phone after I got everything figured out. Basically all I had to do was pop my sim card out of my existing (AT&T Customer) phone and I was good to go, sort of! lol From that point I could call my contacts, send text messages, and even connect to the internet via wifi. Now the problems I discovered shortly there after was it connected to the wifi but could not go to any webpages because it would time out. It would not even go to the nokia pre-loaded store icon on the phone. Well, I could tell that there was settings not configured somewhere because it is unlocked for different carriers and needed at&t settings entered. Another problem I encountered was I could send text and recieve them just fine but could not recieve or send pictures with text messages succesfully. That was aggrevating because I could do that with my old phone just fine, but not this one. I found the solutions to fix these problems on-line after searching for awhile. So if you want these problems fixed here they are:

MMS

Menu > Settings > Configuration > Personal Settings > Options > Add New > Multimedia Msg

Account Name: AT&T MMS

Bearer settings

- Packet data acc. pt: wap.cingular

- Network type: IPv4

- Authentication type: Normal

- User name: [...] (all capital letters)

- Password: CINGULAR1 (all capital letters)

Now go back to the Personal Settings (Personal accounts) > Options > Activate

Bearer settings

- Packet data acc. pt: wap.cingular

- Network type: IPv4

- Authentication type: Normal

- User name: [...] (all capital letters)

- Password: CINGULAR1 (all capital letters)

Now go back to the Personal Settings (Personal accounts) > Options > Activate

After I did these changes the phone worked like my old one. Just thought I would pass this info along because you will encounter these problems with at&t as your carrier. Overall I would definitely buy the phone again because it is Nokia quality and thats hard to beat in my opinion!!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2012 10:06 AM PDT