Profile for Michelle Louie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michelle Louie RSS Feed

Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Body Lotion Daily Shade 15 SPF - 32 Oz
Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Body Lotion Daily Shade 15 SPF - 32 Oz
Offered by Express Health
Price: $23.00
6 used & new from $16.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dry skin!, May 24, 2012
I have very dry skin, which is made worse by swimming 3-4 times a week. This lotion is great. It is a bit thicker than normal lotion, but it absorbs quickly and keeps my skin moisturized throughout the day. I put it on my whole body after toweling off after a shower.

I don't know how effective the sunscreen is since I'm sure some of it rubs off in a couple of hours, so I always apply a traditional sunscreen in addition to the lotion if I know I will be out in the sun for an extended amount of time.

The scent is subtle and not overpowering.

Speedo Women's Vanquisher Swim Goggle (Green)
Speedo Women's Vanquisher Swim Goggle (Green)
Price: $18.64
11 used & new from $14.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Anti-fog coating problems, April 23, 2012
The first time I wore these goggles, they were great. The nose pieces are a bit difficult to switch out, but I was able to do it with no problem. The straps are easy to adjust and result in a snug fit. My experience in the pool was great. No leaks and great visabiity. I rinsed the goggles under regular water in the bathroom sink before I took a shower. After I got out of the shower, I went to put them in my bag, and I noticed that the lenses looked like they had cracked. After further inspection, I realized that the anti-fog coating was coming off after just one use in the pool.

I really like these goggles, and they were great the one and only time I got to use them. I'm hoping that I just got a defective pair, and I'll be able to replace them.

Infra Texture Hair Spray by CHI for Unisex - 2.6 Ounce Hair Spray
Infra Texture Hair Spray by CHI for Unisex - 2.6 Ounce Hair Spray
Price: $6.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, June 26, 2011
This hairspray was ok. I liked the way it held my style without being sticky or stiff. The bottle let out a nice, even spray. But where this product lost me was the smell. It's a real musky smell, almost masculine. I could smell it on my hair all day, and it was quite distracting.

Lily of the Desert Aloe 80 Organics Shampoo, Daily, Aloe, Lemon & Rosemary, 16-Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, June 1, 2011
I was really surprised how much I liked this shampoo. I am in the ocean a couple times a week, and I wash my hair every day. This shampoo really washes away all the salt and grime from the ocean, but is gentle on my hair and doesn't dry it out. The smell is nice and subtle. It's not overpowering and not too perfumey. The price is great, and I like that it's organic as well.

Overall, I have no complaints about this product.

Worm Factory DS5GT 5-Tray Worm Composter, Green
Worm Factory DS5GT 5-Tray Worm Composter, Green
Price: $99.95
16 used & new from $99.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a first timer!, March 1, 2011
I received the worm factory in the mail and could not wait to put it together. The instructions were very helpful and simple. I think it took me about 30 minutes total to read the materials, assemble the factory, and create the bedding. One thing they do not tell you when creating the bedding is to make sure you rehydrate the coir in a large container because you will be adding soil and the bedding mixture to it. And you want enough space to mix it properly.

Unfortunately, I bought some worms from a local farm and was not happy. I paid more than I should have for 200 worms to start because I thought supporting a local nursery was worth the extra cost. After further research, I realized that I did not get the right type of worms, and certainly did not get 200. I recently bought more worms through a different website, and I am waiting for them to arrive in the mail. (This has nothing to do with the actual worm factory, but I thought it might be helpful).

The only thing I do not like about this factory (as compared to the worm factory 360) is that the lid sits on top of the bedding. It seems a bit strange. The 360 has a large lid that sits on top of the tray, and it does not rest on the bedding. I have yet to see if this will cause problems with the worms.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, January 1, 2011
I'm Asian, and I have very slick, coarse hair. When it's clean, it will not hold any sort of style because my hair just slips out of it. I use this in addition to a Redken volumizing spray. I spray my wet hair with the volumizing spray, dry my hair, and use a little bit of the Dust It to style my hair. It does work and leave my hair "tacky", but if you use too much, your hair will feel sticky and dirty.

I definitely don't feel like I can go an extra day without washing my hair after using this product.

Overall, it works as promised, but be sure to start with a small amount and add as necessary.