Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Matt > Reviews

Browse

Matt's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matt RSS Feed

Hot MaxScan VAG405 Code Reader OBD2 EOBD CAN BUS VW Audi
Hot MaxScan VAG405 Code Reader OBD2 EOBD CAN BUS VW Audi
Offered by CALISTOUS
Price: $41.36
8 used & new from $41.36

5.0 out of 5 stars VAG 405 Scanner, October 21, 2012
The airbag light on my 1999 A4 was on for more than two years. A shop had told me that it was an intermittent passenger side resistance error but did not make the repair (they said it was going to be about $1000). Using this code reader I was able to retrieve the error (same as what the shop told me) and after some internet searching found it was likely due to a loose connection under the seat. I reset the airbag light and the error has not re-occurred. It probably was a random error that has resulted in the light being on all this time (airbag light won't reset if the error goes away unlike the check engine light.

The scanner is pretty basic but I was able to retrieve the airbag as well as engine codes. It works both on my 2007 GTI and 1999 A4. The previous code reader I had only retrieved engine codes and didn't work on the GTI.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2014 8:41 AM PST